Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went back to my target and saw behind unit 13 a copy of rayman, so I was glad about that. Almost grabbed another 4 gb card but I couldn't pull the trigger. There are still a ton of street fighter X tekken in the display at mine at full price so I'll take a look another day when I'm there. Maybe I'll get lucky and just no one noticed it was clearenced out

[quote name='itzknickknac']When I went, I saw:

$08.98 - VITA - Rayman Origins
$14.98 - X360 - Asura's Wrath
$14.98 - PS3 - Shaun Whites Skateboarding

I seen a lot of 16gb memory cards for the VITA in stock but they wouldn't let me PM with bestbuy's price unless I brought in a physical ad to show proof. Anyone know where I can find physical ad copies for bestbuy? I will check at the bestbuy store again but last time I went to my store I didn't see any.[/QUOTE]

It's usually at the entrance somewhere. You can always ask Customer Service where they are / grab one from them.

Anyway, 0 for 3 on trying to find RE revelations. Did manage to find a legit copy of LA Noire Complete, however, so I snatched it up for 21.xx with tax.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I hit the jackpot today! Four copies of RE Merc 3D for $8.98. Two 4GB Vita memory cards for $9.98 each, and a copy of Asura's Wrath for $8.98. If anybody wants to buy/trade any of those items, shoot me a PM. I'm really interested in trading for a copy of Rayman Origins Vita. Love the X360 one so I would like the Vita version as well.[/QUOTE]

Is that a nationwide price for RE Merc 3d $8.98? I hoping another drop on RE with the misprint

[quote name='The Punisher']Is that a nationwide price for RE Merc 3d $8.98? I hoping another drop on RE with the misprint[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that's going to be YMMV since I've seen both Revelations for $14 and Mercenaries for $20 since people started reporting those prices.

I was at the Super Target in Frisco, TX (Preston Rd & Warren) yesterday & saw Asura's Wrath (360) for $15 & both Epic Mickey 2 Wii/WiiU nunchuks for $9 each. Otherwise, nothing special.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']I was at the Super Target in Frisco, TX (Preston Rd & Warren) yesterday & saw Asura's Wrath (360) for $15 & both Epic Mickey 2 Wii/WiiU nunchuks for $9 each. Otherwise, nothing special.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Asura's Wrath: I haven't opened mine yet but I just finished the demo and... we'll I'm not really sure what to think. Seems like Dragon Ball Z (which is not a good thing in my book) mixed with a bunch of QTE mini games and the occasional rail shooting. At least that's how the demo makes it appear. It was an odd experience, found myself hating it and yet enjoying it at the same time. For $15 I think I might end up returning it unless I come across someone who convinces me that it's actually quite good.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Speaking of Asura's Wrath: I haven't opened mine yet but I just finished the demo and... we'll I'm not really sure what to think. Seems like Dragon Ball Z (which is not a good thing in my book) mixed with a bunch of QTE mini games and the occasional rail shooting. At least that's how the demo makes it appear. It was an odd experience, found myself hating it and yet enjoying it at the same time. For $15 I think I might end up returning it unless I come across someone who convinces me that it's actually quite good.[/QUOTE]

If your into ridiculous over the top anime, it's great. It's short and your have to buy dlc for the true ending, but the overall experience is fun and the story is really over the top. I bought mine at 15 from Newegg and besides this clearance I've never seen it cheaper

[quote name='The Punisher']Is that a nationwide price for RE Merc 3d $8.98? I hoping another drop on RE with the misprint[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure. I noticed that the second Target near me had like four copies which I grabbed while the other Target closer to my house didn't have any. It's definitely YMMV.

I was at the Paradise Valley Mall Target in Scottsdale yesterday, and they had quite a few of the original Skylanders packages for $35 each. These are the original Skylanders starter packs, with the game, the little platform thing, and three figurines. (not Giants) They had quite a few of them, and for multiple platforms. (PS3 and 360 were present, at least seven or eight of each)

I passed for the moment. I might go back and check in a week or two. I wouldn't mind getting a copy of one of those when it gets closer to the $20 range. For now I don't need to be traipsing down the Skylanders rabbit hole.

Went to Target at Tempe Marketplace yesterday and spotted 6 camo PS3 Bluetooth headsets for 16.89 and 4 Asuras Wrath PS3 for 8.98

[quote name='Namurashi']Gotta check for Asura's Wrath, down to pick it up for 9 bucks.[/QUOTE]

14.98 at a store near my work. Waiting for 9.98 to pick it up. Wasn't tagged either.

[quote name='enigma']About a dozen Lexar Jumpdrive TwistTurn 16GB drives at Greensburg, "AS IS" for $5.06 each if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I could use one or two... dunno if I'm going to get the chance to hit GB today though.

[quote name='sp00ge']Nice. I could use one or two... dunno if I'm going to get the chance to hit GB today though.[/QUOTE]

I'm still here if you want me to pick them up. In fact, check your PMs.

[quote name='tuffguycore']If your into ridiculous over the top anime, it's great. It's short and your have to buy dlc for the true ending, but the overall experience is fun and the story is really over the top. I bought mine at 15 from Newegg and besides this clearance I've never seen it cheaper[/QUOTE]

Hmm, that's actually a really good opinion and seals it's return (though to a much closer store than it came from just in case I see it again in the future).

[quote name='Hollywood']Saw Street Fighter x Tekken for like $8 on PS3 a couple days ago.[/QUOTE]

At least in this area, metro Detroit, that's dead now. There were signs at all the Targets but no games in stock and now they're back in stock and showing $19.99.

Managed to snag the last RE:Revelations for $9.98. For those of you that got it, did it come with a Y-fold seal or was it vacuum(?) sealed? Mine was the latter.

While I was there, I saw my first extreme couponer. I've heard of such people, but never seen a live one. I was kinda annoyed she was holding up the line, but by the end, I was pretty impressed. According to the cashier, she had $300 worth of groceries, brought that down to $26 out of pocket. She had to put back some stuff because the register wouldn't accept any more coupons. fucking crazing. Here's her stack of coupons I ninja photo'd:
BKVWXKzCIAEB5hV.jpg:large

[quote name='jukkakhan']Managed to snag the last RE:Revelations for $9.98. For those of you that got it, did it come with a Y-fold seal or was it vacuum(?) sealed? Mine was the latter.

While I was there, I saw my first extreme couponer. I've heard of such people, but never seen a live one. I was kinda annoyed she was holding up the line, but by the end, I was pretty impressed. According to the cashier, she had $300 worth of groceries, brought that down to $26 out of pocket. She had to put back some stuff because the register wouldn't accept any more coupons. fucking crazing. Here's her stack of coupons I ninja photo'd:
[/QUOTE]

Hilarious! :lol:

Not sure how much time/effort it takes for the "Extreme" coupon people but I've ran across them a few times. They left with a lot of free shit.

[quote name='jukkakhan']Managed to snag the last RE:Revelations for $9.98. For those of you that got it, did it come with a Y-fold seal or was it vacuum(?) sealed? Mine was the latter.

[/QUOTE]

I'd love to do that with videogames. Get 600 dollars worth video games, use some crazy coupons and boom out of pocket = 100 dollhairs.

Sadly they really don't have coupons for videogames except for Best Buy but you have to buy into that club.

[quote name='Beatofficer']Picked up the Yakuza/Binary Domain double pack for 14.98 today.

DPCI - 207 - 24 - 1721[/QUOTE]

yesssssss

Noticed today that the new dual packs replaced the old ones in their spots (instead of being added). Was hoping to read something like this.

[/QUOTE]

It might have been a repack. The first batch that were released had "REVELAITONS" on the spine instead of "REVELATIONS". The game might have been sent back to Capcom to have the slip art changed with a corrected one and repacked via vacuum seal.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/02/06/capcom-will-correct-misspelled-resident-evil-cover

I also ran by my Target today. Clearance was sad as usual. Skylander Giants Portal Owners packs for Wii were clearanced for ~$50. Tons of Shark's Tale DS games for $8.98.

I did however see the Epic Mickey: Power of Two attachments for Wii/Wii U dropped again. They were down to 8.98 each (70% off) so I picked up one of each (last zapper, and there were 3 more brushes left). I figured they weren't going to get any cheaper and they'll be fun when I finally get around to playing the game.

Well that was disappointing, stopped at my "main" Target today and their clearance section had shrunk from an entire endcap to two little shelves underneath some DS games. Needless to say it was nothing worthwhile. Was rather disappointed that the 8-12 7" Philipps DVD players they had last week were gone as were the copies of RE:R. Almost bought the base Skylanders portal thing for the $40ish that it is on clearance but it doesn't seem like any of the current figures work with anything other than Giants. Sure the portal owners pack is on clearance for about the same price but then you're talking over $80 and the figures don't seem quite as neat as the ones in the Giants pack. Was hoping we wouldn't get sucked into this kind of thing for a couple of years but my daughter was having way too much fun playing with the figures on the display.

[quote name='Beatofficer']Picked up the Yakuza/Binary Domain double pack for 14.98 today.

DPCI - 207 - 24 - 1721[/QUOTE]

Well boo, knew I should have checked this thread before I left, didn't even think to check that. Also that number isn't working for me, hopefully the one that's about 2 minutes down the street will have it still and for that price.

Went back to the target that discounted the 16GB vita memory cards for 29.98, they discounted them even further to 17.98.

I didn't open mine so returned the one I bought and then bought 2

16gb Vita Memory Card: [207-00-0140]

[quote name='Monoxide1986']It might have been a repack. The first batch that were released had "REVELAITONS" on the spine instead of "REVELATIONS". The game might have been sent back to Capcom to have the slip art changed with a corrected one and repacked via vacuum seal.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, I forgot about that.

Where exactly are these deals in Target? At all the targets I've been to (only 3 or so) in my area, I always look around the game section and never see any price cut tags or bins for reduced price games. I must be doing something wrong.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Where exactly are these deals in Target? At all the targets I've been to (only 3 or so) in my area, I always look around the game section and never see any price cut tags or bins for reduced price games. I must be doing something wrong.[/QUOTE]

They carry and even if you do go to a location, it doesn't mean there are any games. I've been a few times with maybe some shovelware, but nothing else.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Where exactly are these deals in Target? At all the targets I've been to (only 3 or so) in my area, I always look around the game section and never see any price cut tags or bins for reduced price games. I must be doing something wrong.[/QUOTE]

Back end caps / wall near TVs / anywhere they have space it seems. Original place to find RE revelations is in the value game section. (Same with Asuras Wrath, however YMMV if your store carries it) if not in its home location just look everywhere.

Some stores have them on the endcaps of aisles, usually facing away from where there's a lot of foot traffic. Other stores have them mixed in with the regular stuff; either in the glass prisons or on the shelves under them. They almost always should have orange and white rectangular stickers on them to mark the clearance prices.

Then again, some stores might not have any clearance at all. Prices, availability, and price drop schedule are all YMMV.

My target has:

RE:R for $10
Bunch of ps3 headsets for $20
A ton of iPhone 5 cases for $3-$4.50 (picked up one)
A couple of iPad cases/shells for $4-$10 (picked up one)
A bunch of zaggs for $3-$7.50
Ton of low end earbuds for $3
AC3 LE for ps3 & 360 for $120 still

It's usually a dedicated end cap on one of the edges of the department (at least at the dozen or so stores I've been to in this area). Sometimes stuff is in with the value games or just in it's normal spot (like the Skylanders sets were).

Seeing as how Best Buy is about to have Kingdom Hearts DDD for $10 as a DOTD, I can scratch that off my Target list.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Okay guys, deal for the week!

May 16th: :3ds: Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance - $9.99 ($20 Savings)

I may bite on this; I haven't played a KH since KHII so I'm hoping its much better.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah, it's a common scam at retail stores. They only buy items that have an available manufacturer coupon and later return said item to pocket the free cash. completely legal too. Had a woman pocket $400 in one day at our store since MF coupons are considered as cash.

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']yeah, it's a common scam at retail stores. They only buy items that have an available manufacturer coupon and later return said item to pocket the free cash. completely legal too. Had a woman pocket $400 in one day at our store since MF coupons are considered as cash.[/QUOTE]

I need to obatin one of these "couponers" and tame it and eventually breed it

Is someone willing to grab me the Power of Mickey paintbrush and tv clicker wii controller if they see it for 8.98 each? Would be much appreciated. Not wanting anyone to make a special trip but if you're going to be there already...

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Seeing as how Best Buy is about to have Kingdom Hearts DDD for $10 as a DOTD, I can scratch that off my Target list.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully you got in on that deal early since it sold out online pretty fast.

I picked up a 360 media remote for $5.98. It was "out of system" but the cashier called Electronics and verified the price. I'm really liking the remote. It is much better than using a controller when watching Netflix on the 360.

[quote name='emg28']Hopefully you got in on that deal early since it sold out online pretty fast.
[/QUOTE]

Looks like they might've just been holding back stock for the morning. It's now available at all of my local stores and for shipping.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Is someone willing to grab me the Power of Mickey paintbrush and tv clicker wii controller if they see it for 8.98 each? Would be much appreciated. Not wanting anyone to make a special trip but if you're going to be there already...[/QUOTE]

Pm sent

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back