Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw five of the 16GB Vita cards for $30 at the 15 mile and Van Dyke store, they're in the case with the Vita systems. The deal's nice still but not quite as hot with Amazon currently selling them for ~$45.

[quote name='HyperG']Picked up

Reality Fighters - PS Vita $5.06 (as is sticker)
Ridge Racer - PS Vita $7.56 (as is sticker)
Rayman Origins - PS Vita $8.98 (clearance) - 207 20 0848
Street Fighter vs Tekken - PS Vita $11.98 (clearance) 207 20 0094

Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D (3DS) $14.98

Don't own a vita (yet), grabbed anyways (and for all I know a game or two is on PS+ for free), store had several Street Fighter vs Tekken left and Rayman Origins but I only bought 1 of each.

So i'm up for suggestions of keeping, trading or simply returning to the store (except for the 3DS title, I'm keeping that). Did not find any memory at my store on clearance, did find a Turtle beach headset for 360 that looked like it was repacked, for $29.9x . May wait and see if it stays and drops price.[/QUOTE]

I'm quoting this for reference. It has a Target SKU number I need.

Just got back from my local target, they have Vita memory and Vita Rayman but both are at MSRP??? I thought Target clearances were national?

[quote name='tjm01572']Just got back from my local target, they have Vita memory and Vita Rayman but both are at MSRP??? I thought Target clearances were national?[/QUOTE]

YMMV is in the title of the thread.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']YMMV is in the title of the thread.[/QUOTE]

YMMV should refer to if they are in stock at my local store, not the price, which I thought was reduced nationally (as is same price at every store if they have it, hence the SKU)

So I found a copy of RE:R with the Revelaitons typo, but didnt realize it before I opened it. Do you think this will really increase in value? I heard they made 90,000 like this.

[quote name='tjm01572']YMMV should refer to if they are in stock at my local store, not the price, which I thought was reduced nationally (as is same price at every store if they have it, hence the SKU)[/QUOTE]

YMMV refers to YMMV.

[quote name='tjm01572']YMMV should refer to if they are in stock at my local store, not the price, which I thought was reduced nationally (as is same price at every store if they have it, hence the SKU)[/QUOTE]

Even if you misunderstood what YMMV means in this thread, the OP clarifies further by stating that prices may be higher or lower at your store.

I fail to see how you made this mistake... even if you read one maybe two (depending on whats going on) pages of this topic, you would see that people are constantly reporting different prices / unique offers. Like with all the Biohazard talk you would think you would pick up on the MSRP, $13, $9, $5 differences between posts and see it's not universal.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Even if you misunderstood what YMMV means in this thread, the OP clarifies further by stating that prices may be higher or lower at your store.[/QUOTE]

In their defense, it's at the bottom and really should be at the top.

@ Kovorkian

Thats how I've always read it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also in their defense, YMMV technically means "your mileage may vary" where as gas should be the only factor into cost.

HOWEVER, the term has since evolved into "Your Market May Vary" and which case prices / availability can be different.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Also in their defense, YMMV technically means "your mileage may vary" where as gas should be the only factor into cost.

HOWEVER, the term has since evolved into "Your Market May Vary" and which case prices / availability can be different.[/QUOTE]

off topic relating to YMMV
Am I the only one around here who has ever heard "Your Mileage May Vary" , in a non vehicle setting?

I have always heard this referring to something in which your outcome may differ.

Hell, I had a chemistry professor say this before a lab in which the drops of tincture differed to which the base or whatever would "magically" go from clear to purple with the difference of one drop. Outcomes were from anywhere between 10 - 50

on topic

also Picked up energizer 3ds armor for $5.98 DCPI 207 00 0083

[quote name='pimpster4183']I wonder if there will be price drops today since it's a holiday?[/QUOTE]

Has nothing to do with Target. Only days things don't get marked down on time is when the store is closed.

Actually a Holiday would be even more reason to mark things down as there will be a lot more traffic than normal.

YMMV technically stands for your mileage may vary but the phrase has evolved to mean "results may differ" for anything in life.

it does not stand for your market may vary.

[quote name='admiralvic']I fail to see how you made this mistake... even if you read one maybe two (depending on whats going on) pages of this topic, you would see that people are constantly reporting different prices / unique offers. Like with all the Biohazard talk you would think you would pick up on the MSRP, $13, $9, $5 differences between posts and see it's not universal.

In their defense, it's at the bottom and really should be at the top.[/QUOTE]

Now changed to top and bolded

[quote name='confoosious']YMMV technically stands for your mileage may vary but the phrase has evolved to mean "results may differ" for anything in life.

it does not stand for your market may vary.[/QUOTE]

this

Picked up Asura's Wrath (360) and Resident Evil Mercenaries for 8.98 each. Street Fighter X Tekken for Vita was full price and I couldn't find any Pulse headsets :(

[quote name='fuze9']Psst... what happened to the Target thread about price-matching and grabbing Dead Space 3 for ~$11?[/QUOTE]

stickied at the top. "Sunday ads"

[quote name='StryderOmega']Also in their defense, YMMV technically means "your mileage may vary" where as gas should be the only factor into cost.

HOWEVER, the term has since evolved into "Your Market May Vary" and which case prices / availability can be different.[/QUOTE]

Much better!

All the dang wrestling figures were picked over so I figured I'd check the ol' clearance zone. picked up Defiance([email protected]) NFS(17.98Wii U) and the awful Walking Dead game(14.98Wii U) for $73.xx, flipping to Amazon for $108.xx.

I don't even think I'm going to try any of these, god I'm horrible.

[quote name='redroversk']All the dang wrestling fig were picked over so I figured I'd check the ol' clearance zone. picked up Defiance([email protected]) NFS(17.98Wii U) and the awful Walking Dead game(14.98Wii U) for $73.xx, flipping to Amazon for $108.xx.

I don't even think I'm going to try any of these, god I'm horrible.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because I'd play defiance but since you bought them....

[quote name='tjm01572']Just got back from my local target, they have Vita memory and Vita Rayman but both are at MSRP??? I thought Target clearances were national?[/QUOTE]

Case in point: I went to four Targets yesterday. Only one of which had the Tripod I bought and the 16GB Vita cards on clearance. The rest had both items as full price.

Saw Skylanders: Spyro's Adventures for $49.97. Didn't think it was a deal since Amazon has it for $56 right now and $30 new on eBay but seeing as its going for $70 on BestBuy, I'd say its somewhat worth it.

Also got in on the Amazon / Pre-Order deal and got Dead Space 3 for $11 and Just Dance 4 for $1.06. Great day to go deal hunting!

[quote name='Yigytugd']Saw Skylanders: Spyro's Adventures for $49.97. Didn't think it was a deal since Amazon has it for $56 right now and $30 new on eBay but seeing as its going for $70 on BestBuy, I'd say its somewhat worth it.[/QUOTE]

Being able to get the Giants starter kit for $25 last week kind of killed the value of the clearance bundle.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Being able to get the Giants starter kit for $25 last week kind of killed the value of the clearance bundle.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know that. Yeah guess it does diminish the clearance.

[quote name='CAG90210']Picked up RE: Revelation for $5.xx[/QUOTE]

As did I......just today....my two copies that I paid $9.98 are going back

[quote name='fuze9']Psst... what happened to the Target thread about price-matching and grabbing Dead Space 3 for ~$11?[/QUOTE]

Whoa...what..where..how??

[quote name='mr.Dobalina']Whoa...what..where..how??[/QUOTE]

Sunday ad Price Match amazon + save $20 with a $1 preorder

so save 19 on amazon price for certain games

[quote name='mr.Dobalina']Whoa...what..where..how??[/QUOTE]

I'll sum it up for you.

1) Go to Target.
2) Take DS3, a pre-order card for either Grand Theft Auto V, Assassin's Creed IV, Battlefield 4, or Madden 25, and (preferably, as to divert attention from what's about to occur) a few other mundane items you may need to Customer Service.
3) Have them price match DS3 to Amazon's price of $29.99.
4) Present the rest of your items, along with the pre-order card, to them to ring up also.
5) Upon scanning of the pre-order card, an addition $20 will be taken off of the price of DS3, effectively making it $9.99 (plus the $1.00 for the cost of the pre-order).

[quote name='enigma']I'll sum it up for you.

1) Go to Target.
2) Take DS3, a pre-order card for either Grand Theft Auto V, Assassin's Creed IV, Battlefield 4, or Madden 25, and (preferably, as to divert attention from what's about to occur) a few other mundane items you may need to Customer Service.
4) Present the rest of your items, along with the pre-order card, to them to ring up also.
5) Upon scanning of the pre-order card, an addition $20 will be taken off of the price of DS3, effectively making it $9.99 (plus the $1.00 for the cost of the pre-order).[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted to do this. I wonder if I should just wait for a GOTY version with all DLC.

[quote name='enigma']I'll sum it up for you.

1) Go to Target.
5) Upon scanning of the pre-order card, an addition $20 will be taken off of the price of DS3, effectively making it $9.99 (plus the $1.00 for the cost of the pre-order).[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thank you very much!! I'm headed down to do some shopping, I'll take my wife with me so she can buy some random stuff as well. Much appreciated for the step-by-step.

[quote name='Green Card200']I'm tempted to do this. I wonder if I should just wait for a GOTY version with all DLC.[/QUOTE]

At $11 I think you'll be hard pressed to find the GOTY nearly as cheap, if there even is one. That and I believe only one of the DLC packs is more content and not just doodads so I'm happy to grab that on a PSN sale or just pass.

[quote name='mrclutch']Saw Need for Speed Undercover PHs for 5.98. Kind of random. They had a couple.that's not the old one that is worth a little is it?[/QUOTE]

Something like 5 years old at this point. You might be thinking of The Run which came out in like 2011.

Grabbed:

:ps3: Asura's Wrath [207 24 0683] $8.98
:ps3: Mass Effect 3 [207 24 0800] $9.98

Something else I noticed was there were some clear totes (68L?) on clearance for $9, something a CAG may always need.

[quote name='StateofMind']So if a game is not on the site, not in most stores, and shows up "limited" in a single store around me does that imply that it's on clearance?[/QUOTE]

It implies it's limited. There is no way to predict these things and sometimes it doesn't make any sense. You can see the same game get 10 copies on clearance and a different game being removed from their listing and remain at MSRP.

[quote name='bruceg']Skylanders Starter Packs (360 and ps3) finally dropped to 20.98 at my store, so picked up one.[/QUOTE]

Too bad the characters in it aren't a little better, though that's tempting for the game and bluetooth portal. Gonna swing by the nearest one tomorrow since it says they have RE:R still, see if I can snag it and return it with my old receipt.

[quote name='mrclutch']Saw Need for Speed Undercover PHs for 5.98. Kind of random. They had a couple.that's not the old one that is worth a little is it?[/QUOTE]

You're thinking of the original NFS Most Wanted (the one with the graffiti-style logo) for the 360; it is a bit 'rare' at this point.

There is some advantage to getting the Starter Pack for ps3 I hear. Someone said that the portal in the Giants Stater Pack isn't wireless anymore. So I picked up the original Starter pack for ps3 to get a wireless one.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Too bad the characters in it aren't a little better, though that's tempting for the game and bluetooth portal. Gonna swing by the nearest one tomorrow since it says they have RE:R still, see if I can snag it and return it with my old receipt.[/QUOTE]

There is some advantage to getting the original Starter Pack for ps3 I hear. Someone said that the portal in the newer Giants Starter Pack isn't wireless anymore. So I picked up the original Starter pack for ps3 to get a wireless one.

[quote name='bruceg']There is some advantage to getting the Starter Pack for ps3 I hear. Someone said that the portal in the Giants Stater Pack isn't wireless anymore. So I picked up the original Starter pack for ps3 to get a wireless one.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I was the one who had said that. ;) Main temptation in picking it up for $20 since only half our characters will work with the original game.

All I saw at our local Target was "The Adventures of TinTin" for the Nintedo 3DS (for $10.98), Cakemania for PC and many Canon Powershot cameras. Also, guides for FFXII-2, Zelda and Mass Effect 3 for $6.98.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back