Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='amusedtoe'] Gonna swing by the nearest one tomorrow since it says they have RE:R still, see if I can snag it and return it with my old receipt.[/QUOTE]
Is there a sale on RE:R this week?

[quote name='Green Card200']I'm tempted to do this. I wonder if I should just wait for a GOTY version with all DLC.[/QUOTE]

No Dead Space game has ever had a GotY edition. EA wants to charge you for health packs in the game so doubt they'll ever give DLC away for free.

[quote name='spacegundam0079']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=8751&pictureid=30240

This was only one of 3 ( with all EM ) end caps today at one of my locals ! Oh and there was a Battleship and NHL 12 that will not come off there $19.98 Clearance Prices . But I did get in on that sweet GTA V preorder by picking up Dead Space 3 and Just Dance 4 Both Xbox 360 for about $12 :)[/QUOTE]

Geez...my store does have one Epic Mickey on clearance for $13.xx.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Picked up Asura's Wrath (PS3), Resident Evil Mercenaries (3DS) $8.98 each and Resident Evil Revelation (3DS) $5.98[/QUOTE]

Scored the same prices, plus $.99 Just Dance 4s and $10.99 Dead Space 3s (before tax and Target Redcard discount), as well as Lego LOTR Attack on the Weathertop sets for $17.48 :D

Saw a giant pile of Epic Mickey Wii but no where near as many as the pic above, as well as a bunch of "Garden Mama" for the DS As Is $6.0x.

[quote name='spacegundam0079']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=8751&pictureid=30240

This was only one of 3 ( with all EM ) end caps today at one of my locals ! Oh and there was a Battleship and NHL 12 that will not come off there $19.98 Clearance Prices . But I did get in on that sweet GTA V preorder by picking up Dead Space 3 and Just Dance 4 Both Xbox 360 for about $12 :)[/QUOTE]

I imagine the guy who keys in orders at that store was all like "we'll probably just need 5 or 6 copies of Epic Miczzzzzzzzzzzzzz" and then fell asleep on the 5 key. Woke up and hit enter.

Kind of gaming and clearance related, but...
I was in Target last night getting my cheap JD4 when I see these 4 stools (1 assembled, 3 NIB) at CS. They had an online item sticker on them for $49.56 (50%) off. I inquired about them and was told they were salvage and would be thrown out/destroyed because they have no space to display them for sale in the store. After giving them my best "I'll meet you out back speech", I asked if they could be put back in the system so I could purchase them. They agreed and would give me an extra 15% off. 20% if I used my Red card. For some reason it didn't work. They said they would hold them and for me to call in the morning to speak to the LOD. I called first thing and the LOD said "they told me all about it. Come and get them."
TLDR: I got 4 $100 stools for free.
I have a question for any Target employees (or anyone else) who may now. Can customers request salvage items or did this LOD make a huge exception for me?

[quote name='klimb22']Kind of gaming and clearance related, but...
I was in Target last night getting my cheap JD4 when I see these 4 stools (1 assembled, 3 NIB) at CS. They had an online item sticker on them for $49.56 (50%) off. I inquired about them and was told they were salvage and would be thrown out/destroyed because they have no space to display them for sale in the store. After giving them my best "I'll meet you out back speech", I asked if they could be put back in the system so I could purchase them. They agreed and would give me an extra 15% off. 20% if I used my Red card. For some reason it didn't work. They said they would hold them and for me to call in the morning to speak to the LOD. I called first thing and the LOD said "they told me all about it. Come and get them."
TLDR: I got 4 $100 stools for free.
I have a question for any Target employees (or anyone else) who may now. Can customers request salvage items or did this LOD make a huge exception for me?[/QUOTE]

Im gunna go with exception. Usually salvaged products recieved diminished returns from manufacturers.

Picked up ufc 3 for 8.98 and RE: R for 5.98. No misprint though, still pretty decent for a quick playthrough then flip to GS. Did see a psp 3000 bundle on clearance. It was weird though, as it didn't have the usual clearance sticker and had it's own shelf tag. Forgot to take a pic. DCPI is 207-19-0063 was marked at 94.99

Saw one copy of Street Fighter X Tekken PS3 for $8.98 (not sure if I should buy it yet) and one copy of Rayman Origins PS3 for $5.98 (already own it). Neither had a clearance tag and were in the value section and had the prices tagged under them.

[Edit]
So ended up buying Street Fighter X Tekken since the wife wanted to play it and it rang up at $19.99 and we had to have the price adjusted.

[quote name='trollape74']Picked up ufc 3 for 8.98 and RE: R for 5.98. No misprint though, still pretty decent for a quick playthrough then flip to GS. Did see a psp 3000 bundle on clearance. It was weird though, as it didn't have the usual clearance sticker and had it's own shelf tag. Forgot to take a pic. DCPI is 207-19-0063 was marked at 94.99[/QUOTE]

Found a RE: R with the misprint but I opened it before realizing it... I dont think it's that collectable anyways since they made 90,000.

[quote name='Punisher138']Found a RE: R with the misprint but I opened it before realizing it... I dont think it's that collectable anyways since they made 90,000.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but I wanted to hold onto it for myself since I thought it was pretty funny they messed it up ha. Oh well I wasn't too bummed with it. Now to wait for that psp to drop.

[quote name='Nintendonly']I saw PSP-3000 units marked down to $94.99.[/QUOTE]

I saw that as well. I thought it was a temporary sale though..If it drops low enough, I might pick one up. My friend gave me a PSP 1000 for my birthday, and it won't start without the memory card he gave me. I think it has something to do with it previously being modded. I restored it since then, but who knows...

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I saw that as well. I thought it was a temporary sale though..If it drops low enough, I might pick one up. My friend gave me a PSP 1000 for my birthday, and it won't start without the memory card he gave me. I think it has something to do with it previously being modded. I restored it since then, but who knows...[/QUOTE]

The psp 1000 has custom firmware. You can reset it to factory oem, or u can update the custom firmware. That memory card thing shouldnt prevent u from turning on/off, video, game, etc on it. The memory card pro duo only used for your saved game iso,save game files, music, video.

Once saw what seemed like a palette load like that of NBA2k11 PS3. I waited for them to drop below 11 bucks , but they just disappeared on e week.

Found RE:R for $5.98 today, so bought it and returned it with the old receipt. Sadly, the two stores I was by today both had the Skylanders clearance sets for $35 and $50 still.

Edit- Instead of continuing to hunt and hope that the Skylanders packs drop to $20 around here realized I have $3 in rewards at KMart/Sears that expire today so with my other $6 that makes it $22 shipped with tax which is about what I would have spent if I tracked it down but without the gas and time cost.

I also saw the RE:Rs for $6! But I already have it :(

Even still, they had a bunch of :psp: game vouchers on clearance. I got Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2 for $1.86 and Twisted Metal Head On for $5.09. They also had Gran Turismo something for $10ish.

I didn't realize TM was only $8 normally anyway, and isn't even Vita compatible. But HSGOT2 is, and it's normally $15!

Edit: codes don't work for either game, I'm gonna have fun trying to return these

[quote name='The Punisher']The psp 1000 has custom firmware. You can reset it to factory oem, or u can update the custom firmware. That memory card thing shouldnt prevent u from turning on/off, video, game, etc on it. The memory card pro duo only used for your saved game iso,save game files, music, video.[/QUOTE]

That was the first thing I did. I reset it to factory, and I loaded the latest PSP firmware update via the Sony website. The SD card slot won't even recognize another memory card is in there. It's quite strange if you ask me. I have a 4GB card that I got for close to nothing that I would like to use...

Hey guys, I have a question.

Let's say I buy Rayman Origins (Vita) for full price off of the website ($29.99), receive it in the mail, return it to a store that clearanced them out for $8.98

Can I then rebuy them at the $8.98 price, or will they be the full $29.99?

[quote name='Nintendonly']Hey guys, I have a question.

Let's say I buy Rayman Origins (Vita) for full price off of the website ($29.99), receive it in the mail, return it to a store that clearanced them out for $8.98

Can I then rebuy them at the $8.98 price, or will they be the full $29.99?[/QUOTE]

If you return it after buying it online, I believe you'll have to have it associated with your online receipt to actually get your money back, at which point there's a good chance they'll put it back on the floor with an ONLINE ITEM tag as opposed to the clearance tag, no idea what the price will be.

If you return it without a receipt (as you're allowed to do up to a certain amount per year), then you can only get a gift card and, assuming it hasn't left the system entirely (i.e. it still shows up if you key it in to a scanner as opposed to Item Not Found) there's a decent chance they'll put it back out at the current clearance price.

[quote name='handsomepete']If you return it after buying it online, I believe you'll have to have it associated with your online receipt to actually get your money back, at which point there's a good chance they'll put it back on the floor with an ONLINE ITEM tag as opposed to the clearance tag, no idea what the price will be.

If you return it without a receipt (as you're allowed to do up to a certain amount per year), then you can only get a gift card and, assuming it hasn't left the system entirely (i.e. it still shows up if you key it in to a scanner as opposed to Item Not Found) there's a decent chance they'll put it back out at the current clearance price.[/QUOTE]

I just Googled "target online item tag", and I got a bunch of results for clearance, so maybe it is possible to pull this off.

EDIT: This article sheds some light on it-

http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/save-money-target-210300584.html

My target didn't have much clearance when I went last night (180th and w center, Omaha NE) but I did see a couple of USB hubs branded for the PS3 for ~$9 and a lone copy of RE Mercenaries for about the same price.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Hey guys, I have a question.

Can I then rebuy them at the $8.98 price, or will they be the full $29.99?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nintendonly']I just Googled "target online item tag", and I got a bunch of results for clearance, so maybe it is possible to pull this off.

EDIT: This article sheds some light on it-

http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/save-money-target-210300584.html[/QUOTE]

this is borderline return fraud.

Return fraud is not to be discussed on CAG

Return Fraud ? Hardly, it's just taking advantage of Target procedures. And lets face it this so YMMV as once you return the item, unless you camp out at all the clearance sections you have little chance of rebuying the item.

[quote name='confoosious']stop trying to game the system. it won't work.[/QUOTE]

And what happens if it does? All of you "el hoardos" have lost your elite status and us unlucky CAGgers finally get a piece of the pie.

:360: 2K Double Sports Pack (MLB2K13 and NBA2K13) $23.98 [207 22 0879]

Did I find one of those freak clearance occurances? Both titles are still full price separately.

[quote name='jukkakhan']:360: 2K Double Sports Pack (MLB2K13 and NBA2K13) $23.98 [207 22 0879]

Did I find one of those freak clearance occurances? Both titles are still full price separately.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but that pack is a limited time thing each year and out of stores long before either game is.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Maybe, but that pack is a limited time thing each year and out of stores long before either game is.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. I don't really follow sports games that much. Never saw that at my store before, then it shows up today at 70% off.

I also picked up a Turtle Beach PX21. Anyone have opinions on this?

[quote name='jukkakhan']Ah, I see. I don't really follow sports games that much. Never saw that at my store before, then it shows up today at 70% off.

I also picked up a Turtle Beach PX21. Anyone have opinions on this?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they only started doing it two years ago (I believe, maybe three) because they're baseball game has gotten so mediocre that it doesn't come close to breaking even but they're obligated to continue making it because of their exclusive license. NBA on the other hand makes them a ton of money so they've been combining them for a little more when the MLB comes out, so the NBA game's like 6 months old, and recouping that way.

Hoping some good stuff goes on clearance in the next few weeks. The coupon printer gave me a buy 2 get 1 free on all video games today and it doesn't expire until July 15th. Other people should be on the lookout in case they get one.

[quote name='Scorch']Found Resident Evil: Revelations :3ds: for $5.98. Very excited, I've been wanting to play it since it first came out![/QUOTE]

Same! Wasn't even thinking about going to the electronics section as I needed some other stuff and found RE:R marked at 9.98 and it rang up at 5.98. Very happy about that. Last one there, tho (Houston, TX by the med center on Main St).

SI

[quote name='Sky Ray']:360: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 $8.98. I've been wanting to get TTT2 for awhile now.[/QUOTE]

ah man, I would punch a kid in the face for that deal

found Asuras Wrath for 8.98 today and some Transformers Prime movie for 2.56 as an online item.

anyone find TTT2 and want to trade for AW, let me know!

[quote name='MasaTFC']ah man, I would punch a kid in the face for that deal

found Asuras Wrath for 8.98 today and some Transformers Prime movie for 2.56 as an online item.

anyone find TTT2 and want to trade for AW, let me know![/QUOTE]

While I love tekken as well. Asuras Wrath is an amazing game for $9. You should play it.

Im still looking for a damn 32GB memory card for VITA. Im so jealous I cant find one anywhere.

[quote name='Beatofficer']Hoping some good stuff goes on clearance in the next few weeks. The coupon printer gave me a buy 2 get 1 free on all video games today and it doesn't expire until July 15th. Other people should be on the lookout in case they get one.[/QUOTE]

Damn that would be great for when Animal Crossing 3ds comes out!

[quote name='Beatofficer']Hoping some good stuff goes on clearance in the next few weeks. The coupon printer gave me a buy 2 get 1 free on all video games today and it doesn't expire until July 15th. Other people should be on the lookout in case they get one.[/QUOTE]

what did you buy when you got it?

[quote name='Liquid Metal']what did you buy when you got it?[/QUOTE]

Iced tea and a water filter. Yesterday a couple video games were purchased so not sure if their computer saw that since I have a Red Card.

[quote name='jukkakhan']:360: 2K Double Sports Pack (MLB2K13 and NBA2K13) $23.98 [207 22 0879]

Did I find one of those freak clearance occurances? Both titles are still full price separately.[/QUOTE]

anybody else found this at this price?

[quote name='jukkakhan']Ah, I see. I don't really follow sports games that much. Never saw that at my store before, then it shows up today at 70% off.

how much was the turtle beach px21?

Went to Target (North Houston 45/Cypresswood) and they had the usual. Hoping for Asuras Wrath for PS3 but all bought up last week.

360: Asura's Wrath $8.98 (marked 14.98 though)
PS3: Battleship $8.98
PS3: Shaun White's Skateboarding $4.98 (6-7 copies)
3DS: RE:Mercenaries $8.98
Wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $29.98

it was in the clearance section?

No games at my local store, but a few accessories dropped a bit:

PS3 - Urban Camo Bluetooth Heaset - $11.98
PS3 - USB Hub - $8.98

I don't really need either item, but if they drop one more time I might pick em up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back