Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gameboy415']No games at my local store, but a few accessories dropped a bit:

PS3 - Urban Camo Bluetooth Heaset - $11.98
PS3 - USB Hub - $8.98

I don't really need either item, but if they drop one more time I might pick em up.[/QUOTE]
You're down to the 70% off level on both of those items. I really doubt they will go any lower than that, but YMMV.

I'm tempted to snag the hub at my store when it finally hits 70%, if it lasts that long.

[quote name='SBRSuperstar225']it was in the clearance section?[/QUOTE]

My Target got rid of their dedicated clearance endcap recently, so it was placed with all the other headsets in the gaming section with the usual Clearance sticker on it.

[quote name='jukkakhan']Final drop put it at $23.98, DPCI is 207 00 1014.[/QUOTE]

There are six of those at one of my local Target stores. Meh.

[quote name='Sky Ray']:360: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 $8.98. I've been wanting to get TTT2 for awhile now.[/QUOTE]
How much is this on ps3?
[quote name='enigma']So I finally got Asura's Wrath for $8.98.[/QUOTE]
How much is this on ps3?

[quote name='PublikDefender']How much is this on ps3?

How much is this on ps3?[/QUOTE]

Whatever the Xbox price is at a particular store, the PS3 price will most likely (but not necessarily) be the same.

[quote name='PublikDefender']How much is this on ps3?[/QUOTE]

Not everything gets clearanced for both systems first of all. Second, I only remember people reporting Asura's Wrath for PS3.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Not everything gets clearanced for both systems first of all. Second, I only remember people reporting Asura's Wrath for PS3.[/QUOTE]

The one I picked up was the 360 version.

Are the Skylanders bundles worth picking up for $20.xx? I've seen them for various systems at that price point, as well as the Skylanders Giants bundle without portal for $17.xx

[quote name='amusedtoe']Not everything gets clearanced for both systems first of all. Second, I only remember people reporting Asura's Wrath for PS3.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I found the Asura's Wrath ps3 dcpi 207 24 0683.
However, I can't seem to use the stock locator. I noticed in the path, the locator breaks down when Target moves to a new layout, etc. Is this the case or am I doing something wrong?

[quote name='karkyco']Are the Skylanders bundles worth picking up for $20.xx? I've seen them for various systems at that price point, as well as the Skylanders Giants bundle without portal for $17.xx[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, especially the PS3 version because it's a wireless portal and Giants is wired. The 3DS version isn't bad too, works with all the systems though it's smaller so Giants barely fit and only really holds one character at a time. They games aren't amazingly deep, like simplified Diablo, but still a lot of fun and the toys go on sale pretty frequently as of late.

[quote name='karkyco']Are the Skylanders bundles worth picking up for $20.xx? I've seen them for various systems at that price point, as well as the Skylanders Giants bundle without portal for $17.xx[/QUOTE]
I'd say yes- but you'll end up spending money on the figures, so be careful.

Also- the PS3 portal works with the wii and wiiU games (and vice versa), so use that info how you want.

I bought Giants on the WiiU and played it on the gamepad with the wireless portal from the PS3 version of SSA while i watched TV. It was marvelous.

[quote name='nbballard']I'd say yes- but you'll end up spending money on the figures, so be careful.

I bought Giants on the WiiU and played it on the gamepad with the wireless portal from the PS3 version of SSA while i watched TV. It was marvelous.[/QUOTE]

That sounds amazing, makes me want the WiiU just a little. I spent about $50 more of figures but because of sales that netted me two giants, three lightcore, and four regular figures. More than I actually needed to buy but the price was right at the time and my daughter loves them.

YMMV situation:

So I got my copy of Rayman Origins that I paid full price for on Target.com and went into my local store that had them clearanced out for $8.98. I told the "guest services" clerk that I was told by Target.com that I could return/rebuy the game for the discounted price, and that the worst case scenario is that I just return it for my money back (I used a Red card for free shipping, but you wouldn't get your shipping back for buyer's remorse).

So, she rang it through and I got it for $8.98.

Make sure you know what you're getting yourself into... Collecting the figures is going to cost you a few hundred.

Stack of shaun white for $4.xx was not depleted at all since last week and my will was weak and I gave in and got one.

Not videogame, but also saw How to Train Your Dragon 3D blu-ray (with 2D on same disc) + DVD for $8 "as-is". Goes for ~$30 everywhere else.

[quote name='BloodiedWraith']Saw one copy of Street Fighter X Tekken PS3 for $8.98 (not sure if I should buy it yet) and one copy of Rayman Origins PS3 for $5.98 (already own it). Neither had a clearance tag and were in the value section and had the prices tagged under them.

[Edit]
So ended up buying Street Fighter X Tekken since the wife wanted to play it and it rang up at $19.99 and we had to have the price adjusted.[/QUOTE]
I've seen that at a few targets too. And the 360 version is shelf tagged $11.98. They should honor the shelf price. They must have printed that based on the old clearance price from a few months ago before they readjusted their system to make it a $19.99 value game.

[quote name='scottman']Stack of shaun white for $4.xx was not depleted at all since last week and my will was weak and I gave in and got one.

Not videogame, but also saw How to Train Your Dragon 3D blu-ray (with 2D on same disc) + DVD for $8 "as-is". Goes for ~$30 everywhere else.

I've seen that at a few targets too. And the 360 version is shelf tagged $11.98. They should honor the shelf price. They must have printed that based on the old clearance price from a few months ago before they readjusted their system to make it a $19.99 value game.[/QUOTE]

Let me know how Shaun White is. I may bite on it as I grew up skating and $5 isn't a bad price for a game, even if it's mediocre.

[quote name='Treyjyert']Let me know how Shaun White is. I may bite on it as I grew up skating and $5 isn't a bad price for a game, even if it's mediocre.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but my backlog tells me it might be 2024 before I get to it. :) But I saw some youtube reviews that make it look like it's worth at least $4.

[quote name='Treyjyert']Let me know how Shaun White is. I may bite on it as I grew up skating and $5 isn't a bad price for a game, even if it's mediocre.[/QUOTE]

I have it (think I grabbed it on clearance at Sears for around the same price a year or two ago). I still haven't finished it, but it's actually a lot of fun. Almost like a hybrid of Tony Hawk and deBlob if that combo makes any sense. I guess the world has been taken over and turned black and white by a corporation/group, and you have to sort of transform it back, free the minds of people, and re-colorize it... Which you do by filling your trick meter (by pulling off tricks/combos) and then, when it's full to the level you need, jumping or doing tricks around people/objects to transform them. So there's open world stuff to mess around with plus the requisite goals/missions/story thrown in.

The controls can be a little weird, and the tricks aren't as grandiose and physics-defying as some of the Tony Hawk games...but there are also some other interesting mechanics thrown in. I'd say it's a fun twist on the genre and worth the $5.

[quote name='scottman']Sorry, but my backlog tells me it might be 2024 before I get to it. :) But I saw some youtube reviews that make it look like it's worth at least $4.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for nothing! Jk. I understand the backlog thing. I'm still playing through my Black Friday backlog. I guess $5 isn't much risk.

[quote name='MR_E']I have it (think I grabbed it on clearance at Sears for around the same price a year or two ago). I still haven't finished it, but it's actually a lot of fun. Almost like a hybrid of Tony Hawk and deBlob if that combo makes any sense. I guess the world has been taken over and turned black and white by a corporation/group, and you have to sort of transform it back, free the minds of people, and re-colorize it... Which you do by filling your trick meter (by pulling off tricks/combos) and then, when it's full to the level you need, jumping or doing tricks around people/objects to transform them. So there's open world stuff to mess around with plus the requisite goals/missions/story thrown in.

The controls can be a little weird, and the tricks aren't as grandiose and physics-defying as some of the Tony Hawk games...but there are also some other interesting mechanics thrown in. I'd say it's a fun twist on the genre and worth the $5.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the information. If it's even 25% as fun as Tony Hawk I'll be happy. I was reading the back of the game and the story confused me but after your description it sounds kind of cool. I guess I'll grab it next time I'm out. My luck it'll be gone even though it's been sitting there for awhile, ha.

[quote name='Treyjyert']Thank you for the information. If it's even 25% as fun as Tony Hawk I'll be happy. I was reading the back of the game and the story confused me but after your description it sounds kind of cool. I guess I'll grab it next time I'm out. My luck it'll be gone even though it's been sitting there for awhile, ha.[/QUOTE]

It's fun. especially when you start forming rails out of thin air at your leisure....Yeah, it's different

[quote name='Treyjyert']Thanks for nothing! Jk. I understand the backlog thing. I'm still playing through my Black Friday backlog. I guess $5 isn't much risk.[/QUOTE]

Black Friday? Of only 2012? Ha! I'm talking gamecube and ps2 backlog. Probably some n64 too. :rofl: :joystick:

I got a nice pickup, Lego harry potter 1-4 for 5.06, re revelations, fight night champion and lego batman for wii but I'm really looking to get a 3ds now. I have around 150 in GS credit but their used 3ds are 160 +tax. Any ideas?

[quote name='Confidance']I got a nice pickup, Lego harry potter 1-4 for 5.06, re revelations, fight night champion and lego batman for wii but I'm really looking to get a 3ds now. I have around 150 in GS credit but their used 3ds are 160 +tax. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

pay the rest in cash :p

Did a quick trip to a nearby Target today and found the following:

:3ds: Shinobi w/ bonus Luigi retractable stylus - $5.98
:3ds: Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues - $5.98

:3ds: Resident Evil: Revelations - Still $9.98
:3ds: Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D - Finally dropped to $9.98, hopefully will be $4.98 next week since there are still a lot of copies at my local store.

[quote name='Confidance']I got a nice pickup, Lego harry potter 1-4 for 5.06, re revelations, fight night champion and lego batman for wii but I'm really looking to get a 3ds now. I have around 150 in GS credit but their used 3ds are 160 +tax. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

I don't shop at GS, but I take it they won't price match the Target $175 XL deal? I know it's $15 more, but I personally would gladly pay that in order to get a new device versus used for $160+.

[quote name='MochaRaf']I don't shop at GS, but I take it they won't price match the Target $175 XL deal? I know it's $15 more, but I personally would gladly pay that in order to get a new device versus used for $160+.[/QUOTE]

Probably not. I'm a manager at GS and at this time, I'd probably be fired if I did it

I got :360: Final Fantasy XIII-2 $5.06 (urgh, now I need to get Final Fantasy XIII...), :360: Asura's Wrath $8.98, and :wii: Epic Mickey $9.98.

[quote name='Treyjyert']Thank you for the information. If it's even 25% as fun as Tony Hawk I'll be happy. I was reading the back of the game and the story confused me but after your description it sounds kind of cool. I guess I'll grab it next time I'm out. My luck it'll be gone even though it's been sitting there for awhile, ha.[/QUOTE]

It's $6.99 online right now for people who can't find it in store.
http://www.target.com/p/shaun-white-skateboarding-playstation-3/-/A-13471437#prodSlot=medium_7_52

They also have a bunch of ps2 and psp bundles online for $100 that they must have dug out of somewhere.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Make sure you know what you're getting yourself into... Collecting the figures is going to cost you a few hundred.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up the original Skylanders starter pack and just want to be able to play the game (will get the Giants starter pack too when it hopefully goes on clearance). I heard you just need 1 figure for each element (so 8) and the Giants figure for the newer Skylander Giants. And apparently some of the Giants figures aren't compatible with the original. So hopefully to win both games with the minimum number of figures, it won't cost an arm and a leg :)
Don't know anything about the third game coming out...

Has anyone else's Clearance section turned to shit? There used to be some decent games at mine (Not at the prices that other people said though) but they were there and there were about 100 games available. Now all I see are horrible PC games (The 100-1 packs) Bad books, and lame strategy guides. They also moved the section from a big area in the back of an aisle to the other side of electronics, and it's usually a "I don't want a certain item so I am going to just leave it here" spot

[quote name='Confidance']Probably not. I'm a manager at GS and at this time, I'd probably be fired if I did it[/QUOTE]

You'd be fired for a price match? Wow, screw your employer.

Since I have a day off, I may make a trip 15-20 minutes out and see if a Target I don't usually hit still has their lone copy of Asura's Wrath, marked down from the 14.98 it was at. I'm not counting on it though. Do we still have a somewhat reliable inventory checker? (Guess it would help to look at the OP...)

[quote name='MochaRaf']Did a quick trip to a nearby Target today and found the following:

:3ds: Shinobi w/ bonus Luigi retractable stylus - $5.98
:3ds: Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues - $5.98

:3ds: Resident Evil: Revelations - Still $9.98
:3ds: Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D - Finally dropped to $9.98, hopefully will be $4.98 next week since there are still a lot of copies at my local store.[/QUOTE]

For RE Mercenaries the $8.98 price is the 70% off price point, so it's extremely doubtful it will drop further.

[quote name='bruceg']I just picked up the original Skylanders starter pack and just want to be able to play the game (will get the Giants starter pack too when it hopefully goes on clearance). I heard you just need 1 figure for each element (so 8) and the Giants figure for the newer Skylander Giants. And apparently some of the Giants figures aren't compatible with the original. So hopefully to win both games with the minimum number of figures, it won't cost an arm and a leg :)
Don't know anything about the third game coming out...[/QUOTE]

You don't need them, but to access all the side areas (which is where the hats usually seem to be) you need Skylanders of different elements. In Giants you also need one giant character to access certain areas. Otherwise you can play the game through with what comes with the starter kit, just can't 100% it. Or get the platinum trophy since there's a trophy for having the whole set... but if you know someone you can just stick the figures into each others game to increase your total.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']You'd be fired for a price match? Wow, screw your employer.

Since I have a day off, I may make a trip 15-20 minutes out and see if a Target I don't usually hit still has their lone copy of Asura's Wrath, marked down from the 14.98 it was at. I'm not counting on it though. Do we still have a somewhat reliable inventory checker? (Guess it would help to look at the OP...)[/QUOTE]

GS doesn't price match though.

[quote name='karkyco']For RE Mercenaries the $8.98 price is the 70% off price point, so it's extremely doubtful it will drop further.[/QUOTE]

I thought I saw people report that they have seen both RE:R and RE: M3D drop to $4.98. I picked it up for $9.98 in attempt to return the copy I bought a few days earlier for $14.98, but now I can't find that receipt anymore :(.

[quote name='itzknickknac']GS doesn't price match though.[/QUOTE]

No! Ssshhhh!! You're just asking the people whose GS stores do PM to come in here and tell you how wrong you are!

[quote name='itzknickknac']GS doesn't price match though.[/QUOTE]

I'm aware of that. What I said still stands.

Both on-topic and sort of on the off-topic topic, I didn't find the :360: Asura's Wrath I had ventured out for, but I did take the ten bucks I would have spent and dropped it on a great-looking used copy of Lost Odyssey at GS. Finally... :bouncy:

I still am dying to own Asura's Wrath though. Couldn't quite figure out how to determine what locations it might be at - maybe I'll try to decipher that again later.

I got an online return copy of God of War Collection for $2.26 I already own it but just couldn't pass on it. I will either gift it or trade it for profit at that price.

[quote name='MochaRaf']I thought I saw people report that they have seen both RE:R and RE: M3D drop to $4.98. I picked it up for $9.98 in attempt to return the copy I bought a few days earlier for $14.98, but now I can't find that receipt anymore :(.[/QUOTE]

Someone reported finding an "ONLINE ITEM" copy of RE:M for $2.06 or around there, however that will pretty much be a unique or extremely limited case.

On my copies, the clearance tags indicated that the regular price was $29.99, and $14.98 was 50% off for RE:M and $8.98 was 70% off obviously, thus the usual max discount nowadays of 70% off would be $8.98.

FOr RE: R, the regular price was $19.99 thus 70% off was $5.98. $8.98 and $5.98 are the lowest I've encountered on those, respectively.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I'm aware of that. What I said still stands.

I still am dying to own Asura's Wrath though. Couldn't quite figure out how to determine what locations it might be at - maybe I'll try to decipher that again later.[/QUOTE]

Link to Target Online Inventory Tracker for :ps3: Asura's Wrath

Took me a little longer than anticipated to sniff out the online number for the :360: version. This will allow you to determine which stores near you *might* have it in stock. Then, entering the DPCI number for the games on the store's inventory checkers/price scanners should tell you what Aisle, Section, and Row the item *should* be in.

Link to Target Online Inventory Tracker for :360: Asura's Wrath

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karkyco']Took me a little longer than anticipated to sniff out the online number for the :360: version. This will allow you to determine which stores near you *might* have it in stock. Then, entering the DPCI number for the games on the store's inventory checkers/price scanners should tell you what Aisle, Section, and Row the item *should* be in.

Link to Target Online Inventory Tracker for :360: Asura's Wrath[/QUOTE]

You're a champ! I tried that earlier, but evidently was using the wrong set of numbers. Sadly, it doesn't look like the game is at any Target anywhere near me. But I did look up Los Angeles for the hell of it, and it seems to be available in Pasadena! Maybe someone here cares.

For any Tennesseans watching that missed out on the recent :3ds: Kingdom Hearts: DDD deal at Best Buy, I did spot two copies at the Cool Springs Target today marked at $10.06 (Online Item). They both include the AR cards.

[quote name='Confidance']I would, but the cheap in me won't allow it[/QUOTE]

at some point you the time you spend will be more valuable... but for now... keep on keeping on... i miss the days that i had more time than money

[quote name='confoosious']So considering it was only $9, and I consider for $9, the whole "one save" issue irrelevant, do I want to play re:Mercs?[/QUOTE]

I'd say go for it. I actually really like that game. They did a solid job with the controls and layout on the 3DS. I know it gets a lot of flack for just being a missionized version of select bonus content from RE4/5, but it's pretty fun and intense. I bought it for twice that and have no regrets.

[quote name='confoosious']So considering it was only $9, and I consider for $9, the whole "one save" issue irrelevant, do I want to play re:Mercs?[/QUOTE]

For $40, it's an "OMG rip-off, this should have been an extra mode included with a full game."

For $9, it's a great buy and a very fun alternative to Revelation's raid mode. It's even more fun in co-op mode.

Plus, like you said, at this point in the game's life at $9 clearance, Capcom isn't being rewarded for shady design decisions regarding save files, so go for it!

Technically, if you ever wanted to wipe the save file on your Mercs cart, you can now download the digital version on the eShop and use the Transfer Tool Nintendo released to wipe your cart's save data and transfer it to the digital version. Hell, you could probably flip clean non-save file physical copies of Mercs a couple years down the line for 5 times what you are paying for it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back