Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']So considering it was only $9, and I consider for $9, the whole "one save" issue irrelevant, do I want to play re:Mercs?[/QUOTE]

Did you like Mercenaries in RE4/5 (6?) I absolutely loved it in those games and picked it up... and I don't have a 3DS (I'm hoping for a Black Friday bundle that's hot, so I'm planning... far ahead.)

[quote name='uhnsk']No! Ssshhhh!! You're just asking the people whose GS stores do PM to come in here and tell you how wrong you are![/QUOTE]

My store matches, there's no policy that says we can't......... But I'm not stupid either

[quote name='MochaRaf']Did a quick trip to a nearby Target today and found the following:

:3ds: Shinobi w/ bonus Luigi retractable stylus - $5.98
[/QUOTE]
Lucky. I want Shionbi cause i hear its really good but want it cheaper. My Target has it but its 20 (15 randomly on sale). Unless its recently clearance.

Bought some wiiu stuff:
microphone 8.98
game pad cradle 5.98

went to another that was barren, but when I bought some red bull, jerky, and bananas
5 coupons popped out, 1 was the buy 2 get 1 coupon. The only other good one was $2 off a pizza hut personal pizzas in the front.

Quick question

Does video game clearance ever hit 90% off? I found some I am interested in and its at the 75% off point. They have a bunch of them but i would rather buy it at a cheaper price if possible. I doubt they will sell them all.

What I am asking is, will they sit at 75% off from now until they sell out or what happens to them if they never sell?

from the old thread:

"
Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%."

[quote name='sninh']from the old thread:

"
Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%."[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I wonder if they will drop epic mickey to the 85% mark. They have so many of them.

[quote name='Wazootyman']Did you like Mercenaries in RE4/5 (6?) I absolutely loved it in those games and picked it up... and I don't have a 3DS (I'm hoping for a Black Friday bundle that's hot, so I'm planning... far ahead.)[/QUOTE]

I did the same as u. Pick up some nice clearance games and wait for as sale.

If u dont mind used, check out cowboom. I got a zelda 3ds console for $80+tax. It was a grade 5 (Go for Grade 5 or higher) It came flawless, but the upper screen had a dead pixel. Nintendo replace the top screen. RE revelations is now $5.98 at Target if u can find one. I know the console is out, but this is good on the go too. I will pick up the pc game when it gets cheap.

For those that have a store nearby that does Friday markdowns instead of Monday check if you want skylanders. I found a set for 70% off today. (no interest in it so I didn't pick it up)

Saw a boatload of MLB 12 the show for $14.98 and MLB 2k12 was $9.98 for PS3 and $13.98 for 360.

Was actually bummed though, had hoped to find a RE or Epic Mickey to use as trade fodder for the GS tier trades. Nothing worthwhile though.

[quote name='Liquid Metal']Quick question

Does video game clearance ever hit 90% off? I found some I am interested in and its at the 75% off point. They have a bunch of them but i would rather buy it at a cheaper price if possible. I doubt they will sell them all.

What I am asking is, will they sit at 75% off from now until they sell out or what happens to them if they never sell?[/QUOTE]

Buy it at 75%, because it's not a guarantee it stays there past that. I waited for an item to go from 75% to 90% but instead it was taken off the shelf and donated to Goodwill.

[quote name='zaxxon2000']Found a Resident Evil Revelations for $5.98 a few minutes ago for the 3DS. Only thing I found.[/QUOTE]
I found this and the Shinobi w/ Luigi Stylus pack someone else posted about. Besides that, there were some Club Penguin games for cheap, and a MGS: Peace Walker for $10-ish on PSP, which I would have bought if my thumbstick wasn't nearly unusable.

I found and bought Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for the PS3 for $9.98 Online Item. I was looking for that Shinobi game on the 3DS but it was $15 on sale from $20.

All mine had was 6 Left 4 Dead Game of the Year editions for about $12. Would have picked it up but already have on Steam and heard its way better than 360 version.

[quote name='thundarr']All mine had was 6 Left 4 Dead Game of the Year editions for about $12. Would have picked it up but already have on Steam and heard its way better than 360 version.[/QUOTE]

The second one's not awful but the PC versions are significantly better.

Got Street Fighter X Tekken for xbox 360 today for 9.98.
Store only had one copy.

New items for me.

Shawn White Skateboarding (PS3) $4.98

Cinderella Diamond Edition Blu-Ray (Spanish Cover) As is $7.56

Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr. Album $3.26

$15.80 after red card.

Didn't see anything else noteworthy.

At The Woodlands, Tx location they had the following games locked in the case:

360 - Kinect Nat Geo Wild $20.xx
DS - Stars Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron $4.98

Well the Clinton Township, MI Target no longer has any Sklanders kits, assuming they hit $20 and they got hoarded immediately from the look of the shelf.

At the Madison/State store in Chicago, they have Kingdoms of Amalur for $5.98.
360 or PS3?
I work like next door... I would be tempted by a 360 copy..
I live nowhere near Chicago, but if 360, I'll be on the lookout near me since that's one of the games I've wanted to pick up for a while. (just because of Curt Schilling)
Either way if there is no response as to which system I will stop by during lunch in a couple hours and just check.

Was exchanging a shirt, which they didn't have another of in my size, so finally caved and just got Street Fighter X Tekken for $8.98.  If I was a more dishonest person I would just start telling them things were tagged random prices whenever I check out because the last 10-12 times no one's even blinked an eye and just went ahead and changed it.

Sorry it's PS3 version of KOA. It's in the glass case with the other games.
Just coming to clarify. I stopped by just now and saw that.

I was tempted to get a PS3 Skylanders Starter Kit and then a Giants Portal Owners Pack since both were clearanced and I would walk away with both for only $40 with tax but then I factored in how much additional figures would cost and I walked away haha

I was tempted to get a PS3 Skylanders Starter Kit and then a Giants Portal Owners Pack since both were clearanced and I would walk away with both for only $40 with tax but then I factored in how much additional figures would cost and I walked away haha
Man, I wish I could find Amalur for that. Smart move on Skylanders, having a ton of fun with it but I was certainly a little sick to my stomach when I looked at the pile of characters I've already gathered in two weeks and has already swollen to 19 or 20. Thank goodness I've at least restrained myself to sales but that still adds up, even at $6 or less a pop.

Man, I wish I could find Amalur for that. Smart move on Skylanders, having a ton of fun with it but I was certainly a little sick to my stomach when I looked at the pile of characters I've already gathered in two weeks and has already swollen to 19 or 20. Thank goodness I've at least restrained myself to sales but that still adds up, even at $6 or less a pop.
They had like 5 PS3 copies for $6. I know it usually ruins the greatness of the deal but I wouldn't mind picking one up and shipping it to you so long as you obviously pay for it plus shipping.

PM me if you want.

They had like 5 PS3 copies for $6. I know it usually ruins the greatness of the deal but I wouldn't mind picking one up and shipping it to you so long as you obviously pay for it plus shipping.

PM me if you want.
Does USPS not offer media mail anymore? It's still kinda vaguely sorta on their website but not on the calculator anymore? If they do that's certainly not too bad and would keep it around $10 total probably. I hope they still offer it because shipping stuff that's tiny and light but doesn't fit in an envelope and starting it at $5 is pretty harsh. The locator says the store down the road has it still so going to swing by there and see if I have any luck.

Out of curiosity and desire to be prepared I noticed that for at least one person it was in the case still, was it locked up for you or loose? If it was locked up was there a shelf tag with the lowered price?

PM me if you want.
Does USPS not offer media mail anymore? It's still kinda vaguely sorta on their website but not on the calculator anymore? If they do that's certainly not too bad and would keep it around $10 total probably. I hope they still offer it because shipping stuff that's tiny and light but doesn't fit in an envelope and starting it at $5 is pretty harsh. The locator says the store down the road has it still so going to swing by there and see if I have any luck.

Out of curiosity and desire to be prepared I noticed that for at least one person it was in the case still, was it locked up for you or loose? If it was locked up was there a shelf tag with the lowered price?
The game can be mailed via USPS First Class in a 6x9 bubble mailer for around $2.

The game can be mailed via USPS First Class in a 6x9 bubble mailer for around $2.
Excellent, very good information should I strike out.

Edit- Well that was a swing and a miss; still marked $20. I'm not sure a bubble mailer would qualify for first class from what I'm reading on their website because it's thicker than a quarter inch.

Excellent, very good information should I strike out.

Edit- Well that was a swing and a miss; still marked $20. I'm not sure a bubble mailer would qualify for first class from what I'm reading on their website because it's thicker than a quarter inch.
Bubble mailer works fine for USPS 1st class, you just get bumped up from the 1st class letter/envelope rate to the 1st class "package" rate. Assuming 5 ounces, it would cost $2.41 for a 1st class package instead of $1.72 for a 1st class envelope. Not a huge difference, and IMO it's the way to go versus any other shipping method.

A semi-related note about the thickness of bubble mailers, if you're using online postage and getting the free 1st class delivery confirmation, technically a 1st class package with delivery confirmation must be at least 3/4 inch thickness, or the post office could increase the rate to Priority Mail and charge the recipient the difference. I have never had that happen, but on one occasion a clerk did give one of my packages some scrutiny and mention that it should be 3/4 inch, before letting it on through. I typically put a couple of styrofoam peanuts in the mailer now, to avoid that potential problem. Again, I believe this is only an issue if you're using delivery confirmation.

Any fellow CAGs in the Tampa area? Is it me, or do all of our targets have absolutely NOTHING.
Yep, I have been frequenting 3 stores for the last 9 months or so. The only games worth buying I have found was :ps3: Portal 2 for $8.98 back in October.

I believe you can mail stuff up to 13 oz for USPS first class. I just mailed a bluray/dvd combo (6oz) for ~$4 w/tracking at the Post Office. If you're using like paypal or ebay to ship it, it'll be like ~3 w/tracking

Today I found Minecraft 360 disc version in the glass case marked 13.98. Regular shelf price tag. Probably very YMMV.

PS3/PSP AC Adaptor (207-00-0976) - $3.04. 

They dropped the price for the PS3 USB Hub (207-00-0251) to $8.98.  I'll wait for one more price drop on that to pick it up.  Most stores in my area have at least 3 or 4 hubs.

54xa1i.jpg

I found these today for $8.98 . Also found Mass Effect 3 for $5.98 each for PS3.

Anyone want a Xbox 360 S Bundle for $209.96?

All marked "As-Is""

They looked to be NIB

Saw a total of 6 bundles.

N50pqYF.jpg

9Ufaz81.jpg

Also saw these cards for PSP Games. I was hoping they were PSN credit but I think they are game vouchers.

nTzq5nM.jpg

I never really see anything good at the targets in the Metro Detroit area. I once saw Tales of the Abyss 3ds on one the endcaps. Scanned it and it was full price. Other than that, it's overpriced syphon filter psp dual packs and etc.

I never really see anything good at the targets in the Metro Detroit area. I once saw Tales of the Abyss 3ds on one the endcaps. Scanned it and it was full price. Other than that, it's overpriced syphon filter psp dual packs and etc.
Yeah, they've dried up pretty bad the last few weeks. Someone seems to have hoovered up all the stuff that a lot of us were waiting to catch up to other regions clearance soon as it dropped. Boy let me tell you about tonight though. Went to the store at Square Lake and Telegraph which was a trip unto itself, the store itself is on the second story above the lot and has escalators just for the carts...

Anyway, this store is the ultimate honey hole... or at least it should be. There is a whole freaking end cap packed with games and I mean packed, like two rows deep. Not just the normal crummy shovelware you see most of the time, genuinely good games that you just don't see in stores new anymore... every one of which scanned for full original retail price and was otherwise unmarked. Oh, it was so painful scanning the games, especially after the header on the end cap promised that they were discount games. Really a shame like you wouldn't believe.

They did have a couple copies of Shaun White Skateboarding for $5, as well as the 2012 baseball games though if anyone in that area was looking for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back