Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am guessing with the new (newest) slim xbox 360 hitting shelves the old ones are hitting clearance ?

xnt1.jpg

eycz.jpg

8eeg.jpg

That particular 360 SKU has been hitting clearance at certain Targets for about a month I believe. Might become more widespread though.

Still not finding any VG clearance around me, but at least I did find those Beatles and KISS mini-fig packs for $6.98 each (30%off).  Picked up one each and I'll keep watching in case they survive another price drop.

Also found some carpenter pants for 5.82, why not.

Found a 55in Samsung TV for $840 (markdown from $12something). Going to wait till it drops down more. I know, such a long shot but worth the wait. I don't really need a new TV, but an upgrade from my Emerson 40in from Black Friday would be nice.

Found it: http://www.target.com/p/samsung-55-class-1080p-120hz-smart-led-tv-black-un55f6300afxza/-/A-14478576#prodSlot=medium_1_3
You should ask the electronic reps if there's any other clearance TV's in the back several stores are well stock with the recent clear out but since they're not on the floor people who don't ask miss them.

YES! I've got this same thing at my closest store, and I've never heard anyone else speak of another. It probably showed up around 6 months ago, a giant endcap lockbox-type thing with probably 60-80 titles that hit clearance at one time or another over the last few years, however, they all ring up full price. This includes some of the PS3 Goldeneye Move bundle things, and a LBP2 Move Bundle. It's SO frustrating, because there are actually quite a few I would buy if they would put them at a decent clearance price.
I would probably call around to other targets around the area with the dpci's for those bundles and see if they are in the system on clearance, full price, or out of the system. I would try a return/rebuy on clearance if possible or barring that, buy them and return them to a store that didn't have them in the system. And see if they put them out "as is" with some ridiculous clearance.

I would probably call around to other targets around the are with the dpci's for those bundles and see if they are in the system on clearance, full price, or out of the system. I would try a return/rebuy on clearance if possible or barring that, buy them and return them to a store that didn't have them in the system. And see if they put them out "as is" with some ridiculous clearance.
Easier said than done when a lot of the stuff sitting on those end caps is still scanning at $60 and hasn't been that anywhere else in a long, long time.

Easier said than done when a lot of the stuff sitting on those end caps is still scanning at $60 and hasn't been that anywhere else in a long, long time.
That's why I said to return them to another Target where they are not in the system at all if no store in the are has them on clearance. They would quite possibly mark them as an online or as is item in that scenario, often with a very nice discount. That or they would salvage them out and/or an employee will take them. But it might be worth a shot to get them on the cheap.

Found a 55in Samsung TV for $840 (markdown from $12something). Going to wait till it drops down more. I know, such a long shot but worth the wait. I don't really need a new TV, but an upgrade from my Emerson 40in from Black Friday would be nice.

Found it: http://www.target.com/p/samsung-55-class-1080p-120hz-smart-led-tv-black-un55f6300afxza/-/A-14478576#prodSlot=medium_1_3
That's a nice TV! I recently upgraded to a 3D LED HDTV, and I love it. It's not a Smart TV, but my desktop is hooked up to it so it's fine with me.

That's a nice TV! I recently upgraded to a 3D LED HDTV, and I love it. It's not a Smart TV, but my desktop is hooked up to it so it's fine with me.

That's why I said to return them to another Target where they are not in the system at all if no store in the are has them on clearance. They would quite possibly mark them as an online or as is item in that scenario, often with a very nice discount. That or they would salvage them out and/or an employee will take them. But it might be worth a shot to get them on the cheap.
My point was more that some of us probably don't a couple hundred dollars to tie up temporarily to schlep a bunch of games to a different store to maybe get a discount. ;)

I have the c7000 (slightly better, 3D version, but pretty identical) and I love it. One of my favorite features (while it may seem dumb to others) is the ability to use my phone as a remote via the samsung app. My kids ALWAYS lose the goddamn remote (it was literally gone for almost 6 months at one point), so I end up using my phone like 80% of the time.

The Smart TV interface is kind of clunky but functional, and I don't use it vary often unless I can't find a PS3 or Xbox controller (thanks to my kids) and I want to watch Netflix.

Got one of the b2g1 coupons today..... does anyone know if they have fixed how it works? or does it still give the last game for free?!

Got one of the b2g1 coupons today..... does anyone know if they have fixed how it works? or does it still give the last game for free?!
I didn't think that existed anymore. Bought a on of electronics related items, rung out up front, and not once has a coupon printed.

According to some users over at SD, not only does it still work, but apparently it's been extended too. Someone had a coupon print out with an expiration date in August now.

I have a B2G1 coupon that I received today. I don't know what triggered it as I was not the one who purchased the items. The expiration date is 8/31. I'll probably be going tonight to try and use it so I'll let you guys know what conditions it entails.

Update:

I went to my store and the clerk was really friendly and wanted to see if the coupon worked as well. He even tried using a 30% off coupon to see if it stacked (it didn't). He also found me another B2G1 coupon, which I proceeded to drop later on and not realize it. :(

Total:

Max Payne 3: $20

Far Cry 3: $20

Deadpool: Free

and with my $11 gift card from trading in Madden 2005 my total was $33.xx with tax. :D

Only way to have made this better was if they would've had a collector's edition, but my store doesn't carry them. Ah, well.

Update:

I went to my store and the clerk was really friendly and wanted to see if the coupon worked as well. He even tried using a 30% off coupon to see if it stacked (it didn't). He also found me another B2G1 coupon, which I proceeded to drop later on and not realize it. :(

Total:

Max Payne 3: $20

Far Cry 3: $20

Deadpool: Free

and with my $11 gift card from trading in Madden 2005 my total was $33.xx with tax. :D

Only way to have made this better was if they would've had a collector's edition, but my store doesn't carry them. Ah, well.
Lucky bastid.

Should still be working,
I used mine last week on the $120 Assassin's Creed III Collectors's Edition.

Dead Island GOTY $20
Midway Arcade Origins $20
AC III CE free

The guy who rang me up was like 'whoa, I have to get myself one of those coupons '

Only problem was you can't just return the two $20 games, their return value was only $5 a piece. So I traded Dead Island to Gamestop instead.

Man, I'd LOVE to get my hands on one of those. It's a shame they're so random. Too bad it wasn't an internet coupon with a universal barcode. :razz:

One of mine did not work 2 weeks ago. 2 clearance games and a soul sacrifice for vita. Came to $4x.xx. Assumed they had corrected it. My clerks always scan the game they take out of the plastic prison first.

Do you have to purchase a videogame related item for it to show up ? or could I just keep buying $0.10 packs of gum till it spits one out ?
No one has figured out a sure fire trigger. I shop at Target several times a week for pretty much everything and have gotten only one, but was also given two of them by a nice register gal that other people didn't want.

Went to Target today to grab some random stuff and found a couple Star Wars XBox 360s for 244.98. Grabbed one cause I thought it was a pretty good steal.

I found these in the South Visalia, CA store:

Wii bundle with Just Dance 3 - 207 25 0008

$69.98, down from $99.99, around 9 available

IUw0XcK.jpg

160GB slim PS3 - 207 23 0014

$174.98, down from $249.99, only one available out front

AqQPQmn.jpg

...and I just noticed a separate thread for the system clearances, but at least I have proof.

Man, I'd LOVE to get my hands on one of those. It's a shame they're so random. Too bad it wasn't an internet coupon with a universal barcode. :razz:
It *is* a universal barcode (however there is some unique identification info printed on the coupon, from what I can tell...but it's not the barcode). I got another one today, buying a clearance toy (Kreo Transformers combiner...all of them have the same SKU, DPCI is 204-07-0530).

If you were really hard up to get one, you could just load up a cart or 5 full of shit and have the checkout person scan everything, as the coupons will print automatically as items are being scanned...so just scan that magic right item and poof you might get the magic coupon in question. Of course, how do you get it without having to buy/return all that shit? Just grab the coupon and run :rofl: ? Tell them you forgot your wallet, but would like to have the coupon on the way to the car to get it?

Just picked up a Gears of War limited edition X-box 360 for 149.98 at the Hudson, Wi Target. I was advised they have 17 more in stock. Smoking deal considering it comes with the 320 gb hard drive,two controllers and the GoW 3 game.

Just picked up a Gears of War limited edition X-box 360 for 149.98 at the Hudson, Wi Target. I was advised they have 17 more in stock. Smoking deal considering it comes with the 320 gb hard drive,two controllers and the GoW 3 game.
I was wondering when this would hit, there's a metric ton of these at two Targets in my area. I'll keep an eye on them, if for no other reason than to warn my KC lurking brethren.

A DPCI for that :360: GoW Bundle would be splendid.
I second this.

On a separate note...Who here has had any luck with returning and re-buying clearance items? I'm sure this has been discussed a multitude of times, but I bought some of the harder-to-find Monsuno toys (tons on clearance right now) just so I would have them before they got swiped, but I know they will drop in the coming weeks.

I'm guessing it's strictly YMMV, but any advice would help.

Should still be working,
I used mine last week on the $120 Assassin's Creed III Collectors's Edition.

Dead Island GOTY $20
Midway Arcade Origins $20
AC III CE free

The guy who rang me up was like 'whoa, I have to get myself one of those coupons '

Only problem was you can't just return the two $20 games, their return value was only $5 a piece. So I traded Dead Island to Gamestop instead.

Yeah that'd seriously suck getting AC III CE for only $20 lol.

I wish I had one of these coupons.

I tried price matching Borderlands 2 to Best Buy's $11.99 price and then swapping my Max Payne 3 I bought for $19.99 with the B2G1 last night for it and some cash back. The lady would only let me straight swap it because it's what the system told her.

If I had only waited a day. :(

Interesting...our stores had PS2 with two game bundle for $125 not PS3.  But outside of that, mostly headphones and no games on clearance this week :(

I hate to ask, but how exactly does the B2G1 coupon work? My target still has a few AC3 limited editions ere and if I get come across one of the coupons I'd like to know how to make it work like you guys have.

I hate to ask, but how exactly does the B2G1 coupon work? My target still has a few AC3 limited editions ere and if I get come across one of the coupons I'd like to know how to make it work like you guys have.
Last it was confirmed it makes the highest priced item free regardless of the price of the other two. So people are getting two $10-20 games and one $60+ game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back