Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
you got it. I would have drove up to norcal but that's about 40 mins away.

currently I have no version so pick up any one and i'll reimburse you.

not holding my breath though as it seems very YMMV. did your red stickers say online item or as-is
Just online item I was told no versions of this game were shipped to target they were only shipped if people submitted an order online. I've had great luck as of late with online items so I wouldn't doubt I'd see more again soon.

Nope. When you use any sort of coupon or promotion at Target, it will show the return value of the item prorated across the values of all of the items in the promotion. So if you managed to buy a 59.99 game and two $1 games as an extreme example, it would have a return value of about $1.94. (It was 97% of the total value, so it's worth 97% of the $2 you spent.)

You could of course apply that $1.94 towards the purchase of a different game, but that's probably not what you meant.
Do they even have 1 dollar games? Lol
I've gotten a few $1 games with the preorder / price match deal. All were brought on my card. Just want to make sure though, when these games do come out, there is no way for them to take money from my card right. I have to pick up the game in (assuming I want to), right?
Yep, except yesterday I managed to combine a B2G1 epic coupon with the TR PM + $1 preorder card x2 (got 1 each PS3 and X360 steel book, as well as CoD BlOps2 care package free, $2.06 out the door) and the prorating is all wrong. Receipt has $.05 each for returning the preorder cards, and $.95 each for TR. CoD BlOps2 care package, despite bing $179.99 MSRP, is return value $0.00. Not sure how the register calculated the combined PM + preorder discount + coupon, but I don't think it would be possible to get much better of a deal. See my post here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316757-sunday-ad-video-game-deals-811-817-nintendo-3ds-175-at-target/?p=10982694

tokyostomp said:
boo. I just went to my target as well to pick up a case of yogurt. (I'm on the michael westen diet) and nothing of interest
w3KkSMh.jpg
I am unaware of this diet (or if its even real), but your eating waaaay to much sugar, and the almonds (well all nuts really) have what is known as "slow burning fat".

So the B2G1 coupon is still working the same as it always has correct? Just buy 3 games and then give them the coupon and it'll work?

And dude yogurt is terrible for you. Anything with soy in it is real bad for males in general. Besides soy, milk is terrible for adults.

Just drink a lot of lemonade or do the green juice diet. At least you won't cause yourself health problems at the end of the day

So the B2G1 coupon is still working the same as it always has correct? Just buy 3 games and then give them the coupon and it'll work?
yup, as long as you have one that isn't expired (although who knows if the old dated coupons won't work automatically, as long as the employee lets it go through...never bothered to check if they all have the same bar code)

yup, as long as you have one that isn't expired (although who knows if the old dated coupons won't work automatically, as long as the employee lets it go through...never bothered to check if they all have the same bar code)
Alright, good. And yeah mine expires 9/9 I believe.

Thanks

Lol just messing around. Not a real diet. I don't believe in diets but rather diet changes. I just like yogurt.

Also it is a reference to to the show Burn Notice.

boo. I just went to my target as well to pick up a case of yogurt. (I'm on the michael westen diet) and nothing of interest
Funny as I'm watching Burn Notice right now.

Word of advice: don't eat that candy disguised as yogurt. It has more sugar than a can of soda or a candy bar. It's best to eat plain or fat free yogurt that is all natural.

After having three different expiration dated coupons, I can confirm they all have different barcodes based on expiration date.

Yep, except yesterday I managed to combine a B2G1 epic coupon with the TR PM + $1 preorder card x2 (got 1 each PS3 and X360 steel book, as well as CoD BlOps2 care package free, $2.06 out the door) and the prorating is all wrong. Receipt has $.05 each for returning the preorder cards, and $.95 each for TR. CoD BlOps2 care package, despite bing $179.99 MSRP, is return value $0.00. Not sure how the register calculated the combined PM + preorder discount + coupon, but I don't think it would be possible to get much better of a deal. See my post here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316757-sunday-ad-video-game-deals-811-817-nintendo-3ds-175-at-target/?p=10982694
Just scrolled up and I have to commend you on such an amazing deal. Did you get any troubles trying to do this? I've got a coupon and a couple stores near me that have the Care Packages in stock so I'm tempted to do this.

The clearance end caps are still at the stores in my area, but in the last week they've become filled with piles of children's books.  I wish they'd clearance out the PSPs.  Every store I stop at has had 4-6 on the shelves for $100 since last Xmas.  $50 or less on clearance and I'd be in for one.

My main store is doing inventory this weekend it looks like which has often unearthed weird things from the dark recesses of the electronics stockroom.  I'm hopeful for next week's spoils, but maybe I'm just sick of looking at phone cases.

My main store is doing inventory this weekend it looks like which has often unearthed weird things from the dark recesses of the electronics stockroom. I'm hopeful for next week's spoils, but maybe I'm just sick of looking at phone cases.
I went to mine today and they had the whole gaming section ripped apart, making room for he next gen.

Found The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition for the 360 tagged for $7.48 with an "AS-IS" clearance sticker. It looked really out of place sitting on the Electronics end cap next to phone case and children's books. Perfectly sealed and everything, I can tell it wasn't a return. Weird.

Found The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition for the 360 tagged for $7.48 with an "AS-IS" clearance sticker. It looked really out of place sitting on the Electronics end cap next to phone case and children's books. Perfectly sealed and everything, I can tell it wasn't a return. Weird.
it was definitely a return, thats what target as-is stickers are. People buy them online and return them in store and when they do that they have the system make up a price. Then most of the time you get amazing deals because they take huge percentages off.

This was what was sitting at my local Target's clearance section yesterday.  Just throwing it out there for anyone who's interested, since I'm a PS3 guy.  It's clearanced at $200.98.  Is that a good price?

INXncBH.jpg

If I had two bills I would get that but try to sell it for three bills and maybe even a half so I could make a bill and a half profit. Or I might even keep that and sell my old one.

I have 4 targets in my area bro. If I happen to come across one anytime soon and you still need it I'll grab it this time. There was 3 ps3 versions and 1 Vita. I also have a reseller in my area I know this for a fact because whenever deals happen everything is gonna within minutes and I see it on cl the next day. I've been making it habit to beat him to everything now though I could get lucky you never know
Yeah I know the feeling, I am currently in one of my Miami houses for vacation and I am 100% certain there is an El Hoardo in my area as everytime I check any of my local Target clearance sections they are completely void of games. With the exception of a few days ago when I found like 8 copies of "I Spy Fun House" for DS. I left only to come back a few hours later to pick up a copy for a nephew and they were all gone. I somehow can't imagine in the little time I was gone 8 people came in and bought that game. I remember those clearance sections used to be filled to the top with PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, and DS games. I guess the good part is my wallet stays thicker.

So I went to the only target in my area to get to bo2 care package, would like to say rich area.. It is safe to say that this target hides its clearance items in the backroom, I went to use the b2g1 video game coupon. I asked for the bo2 care package which was in the back then the ufc3 which is on clearance online for 16.89 which said it was in stock with dcpi. Both of which were in the back then I got tomb raider to price match. This is where it all started.. first off it was such a hassle for the lady to price match tr to amazon she wanted to make sure that she product codes match up this is after the video game associate told her the image on the ipad and the video game were correct. She had to call a higher associate over to fix the price when she came they were saying how this is rediclous the price between a video game that is 50 in store is 20 on amazon I also informed them it was the same at best buy. So finally we get that price approved then all the associates leave and it is me and the CSR the lady rings up ufc3 and bo2 care package then I hand her the coupon. She scans the coupon sees it take off 179.99 for the care package she thinks this is incorrect so she removes it and tries it several times. Then she calls back the first lady who price matched and told her what the coupon did, then the lady looks at the coupon and tells me this care package is not a video game! After some arguing with her how it was she finally called over the manager who told her it was indeed a video game and it is codded wrong in the system. So she said ok well lets take off this cheap came and manually took off 20 dollars without even scanning the coupon!! I told her no if that is how it is going to be I want my coupon back because you didn't even use it! She said well I'm going to go see if I can get some else higher to talk to you about this. She leaves and I'm just like wow really.. after waiting a long time she comes back tells me her supervisor approved it but they have never seen this coupon ever before so they are going to save it and the history of the transaction and give it to corporate to get more details about this coupon. She said they will take it now but next time it might not work.. I just don't ever think I even want to use the coupon again not after this fiasco I cant believe some people got off so easy. Or better yet even shop at target if it is this hard to price match a item in the first place!

So I went to the only target in my area to get to bo2 care package, would like to say rich area.. It is safe to say that this target hides its clearance items in the backroom, I went to use the b2g1 video game coupon. I asked for the bo2 care package which was in the back then the ufc3 which is on clearance online for 16.89 which said it was in stock with dcpi. Both of which were in the back then I got tomb raider to price match. This is where it all started.. first off it was such a hassle for the lady to price match tr to amazon she wanted to make sure that she product codes match up this is after the video game associate told her the image on the ipad and the video game were correct. She had to call a higher associate over to fix the price when she came they were saying how this is rediclous the price between a video game that is 50 in store is 20 on amazon I also informed them it was the same at best buy. So finally we get that price approved then all the associates leave and it is me and the CSR the lady rings up ufc3 and bo2 care package then I hand her the coupon. She scans the coupon sees it take off 179.99 for the care package she thinks this is incorrect so she removes it and tries it several times. Then she calls back the first lady who price matched and told her what the coupon did, then the lady looks at the coupon and tells me this care package is not a video game! After some arguing with her how it was she finally called over the manager who told her it was indeed a video game and it is codded wrong in the system. So she said ok well lets take off this cheap came and manually took off 20 dollars without even scanning the coupon!! I told her no if that is how it is going to be I want my coupon back because you didn't even use it! She said well I'm going to go see if I can get some else higher to talk to you about this. She leaves and I'm just like wow really.. after waiting a long time she comes back tells me her supervisor approved it but they have never seen this coupon ever before so they are going to save it and the history of the transaction and give it to corporate to get more details about this coupon. She said they will take it now but next time it might not work.. I just don't ever think I even want to use the coupon again not after this fiasco I cant believe some people got off so easy. Or better yet even shop at target if it is this hard to price match a item in the first place!
Wait...are you complaining about it being too much of a hassle to get Target to give you the $180 Black Ops Care Package for free? Just want to be sure about what I'm reading.

Wait...are you complaining about it being too much of a hassle to get Target to give you the $180 Black Ops Care Package for free? Just want to be sure about what I'm reading.
That and many people on CAG are purposely defrauding Target. Coupon says cheapest game is free. Because there is a glitch in the system and internet people are exploiting it. Good for the cashier, they where actually paying attention to the coupon and looking out for their company. To whine about it is annoying to read after eej1442 did defraud them properly. Bottom line, the coupon says cheapest game and it is a system error. I am surprised that Target has not caught on yet but reading that whiny post of people being attentive and doing their job is hilarious. Good job defrauding them, honorable thing would to use the coupon properly and not defraud a company. I have been reading this and people just have horrible morales now a days. I had a coupon and did not even use it after reading everyone doing this. Everyone that purposely exploits promotions like this ruins future promotions for real consumers who are looking for a fair and great deal.

Now like the great Johnny Storm says:

"FLAME ON"

I know what I am setting myself up for.....

Actually, the coupon doesn't say anything about the cheapest games being free.
All it says is Buy Two Get One Free, in store only, one coupon per item, void if copied, maximum retail value $ 249.99 for free item.

Nothing at all about which game should be free.

That and many people on CAG are purposely defrauding Target. Coupon says cheapest game is free. Because there is a glitch in the system and internet people are exploiting it. Good for the cashier, they where actually paying attention to the coupon and looking out for their company. To whine about it is annoying to read after eej1442 did defraud them properly. Bottom line, the coupon says cheapest game and it is a system error. I am surprised that Target has not caught on yet but reading that whiny post of people being attentive and doing their job is hilarious. Good job defrauding them, honorable thing would to use the coupon properly and not defraud a company. I have been reading this and people just have horrible morales now a days. I had a coupon and did not even use it after reading everyone doing this. Everyone that purposely exploits promotions like this ruins future promotions for real consumers who are looking for a fair and great deal.

"FLAME ON"

Actually, the coupon doesn't say anything about the cheapest games being free.
All it says is Buy Two Get One Free, in store only, one coupon per item, void if copied, maximum retail value $ 249.99 for free item.

Nothing at all about which game should be free.
Correct it doesn't say which one I read the fine print, if the system takes off the coupon for the highest price item its not on me its on the company. But the problem here is that the rep manually took off 20 for a game without scanning the coupon because they didn't want to lose money. But it isn't the store losing money its the company but do you think a multimillion dollar company is going to care about a legitimate coupon working for 180 off when there is more people out there stealing from target instead of using a coupon to buy something? Its like a drop in the barrel to them. I was just letting everyone know what happened and that they wanted to report it to corporate. But if I'm and everyone else is such a bad person for using this coupon then why do we have threads that say you can get tomb raider free this week with price matching w/ a preorder? Seems like that would be "defrauding" also. The forum here is called cheapassgamer, people here are trying to get deals on games and if cheapy didn't like what we were saying or the mods it would of been removed already.

People will have their own views because we are all human and have our own opinions. So if ours is differently so be it, I was just wanting to let everyone know that this store wanted to report it to corporate so we will see if there will still be these coupons.

Correct it doesn't say which one I read the fine print, if the system takes off the coupon for the highest price item its not on me its on the company. But the problem here is that the rep manually took off 20 for a game without scanning the coupon because they didn't want to lose money. But it isn't the store losing money its the company but do you think a multimillion dollar company is going to care about a legitimate coupon working for 180 off when there is more people out there stealing from target instead of using a coupon to buy something? Its like a drop in the barrel to them. I was just letting everyone know what happened and that they wanted to report it to corporate. But if I'm and everyone else is such a bad person for using this coupon then why do we have threads that say you can get tomb raider free this week with price matching w/ a preorder? Seems like that would be "defrauding" also. The forum here is called cheapassgamer, people here are trying to get games on deals and if cheapy didn't like what we were saying or the mods it would of been removed already.

People will have their own views because we are all human and have our own opinions. So if ours is differently so be it, I was just wanting to let everyone know that this store wanted to report it to corporate so we will see if there will still be these coupons.
Your right, the coupon does not state lowest game free (Just looked at mine). As a avid consumer this deal shouts "MISTAKE BY COMPANY IN MY FAVOR" It does not matter the size of a company when it comes to defrauding. Target gave me this coupon in good faith and I am aware of the basic implied rules of BOGO (Not all consumers are). If your coupon does not say what game is free, how is it implied that highest game is free? Because the system has a (possible) error and people are jumping all over it? The cashier was being alert and all you had to do was point out that it does not say cheapest game. In the history of Buy so many and get 1 free the free item is always the lowest price. I would like you to show me a sale where it is advertised most expensive is free. This is the basis of my defrauding debate. So with the technicality of no mention of lowest game free on the coupon than you can argue. I know retailers and I know that there is some mistake within Target that allowes this, so I in good consiene I do not abuse or use it. If people know the basics of BOGO and use this to profit themselves that is a shame on them. As for the Tomb Raider deal that is more of a double dipping. I do not bother wasting time PM'ing at Target because it is a hassel. Best Buy has a double dipping policy and I do not know if Target does or not. If they do not have a double dipping policy I would not be surprised to see them come up with one after Tomb Raider.

Your right, the coupon does not state lowest game free (Just looked at mine). As a avid consumer this deal shouts "MISTAKE BY COMPANY IN MY FAVOR" It does not matter the size of a company when it comes to defrauding. Target gave me this coupon in good faith and I am aware of the basic implied rules of BOGO (Not all consumers are). If your coupon does not say what game is free, how is it implied that highest game is free? Because the system has a (possible) error and people are jumping all over it? The cashier was being alert and all you had to do was point out that it does not say cheapest game. In the history of Buy so many and get 1 free the free item is always the lowest price. I would like you to show me a sale where it is advertised most expensive is free. This is the basis of my defrauding debate. So with the technicality of no mention of lowest game free on the coupon than you can argue. I know retailers and I know that there is some mistake within Target that allowes this, so I in good consiene I do not abuse or use it. If people know the basics of BOGO and use this to profit themselves that is a shame on them. As for the Tomb Raider deal that is more of a double dipping. I do not bother wasting time PM'ing at Target because it is a hassel. Best Buy has a double dipping policy and I do not know if Target does or not. If they do not have a double dipping policy I would not be surprised to see them come up with one after Tomb Raider.
The problem is the only way to not get the highest priced game free is for the person checking you out to manually override the coupon. The best way to avoid 'defrauding' Target in this case would be to either a.) not use the coupon or b.) tell the cashier to please get a manager to change the discount to give you the cheapest game.

In one instance when I checked out the cashier was hip to the Target ways of b2g1 and saw what happened. He tried ringing it up in different ways to confirm that it wasn't an order problem, gave me a funny look, called his manager and they let me go and talking amongst themselves they planned on notifying the powers that be. That was whatever week The Last of Us came out, so if they haven't fixed it since then (6 weeks or so?) it's either intentional or they just don't care, so why should I?

As a point of reference, historically when they have big problems on a Sunday with an advertised promo doing something similar, they fix it before the end of the day.

The problem is the only way to not get the highest priced game free is for the person checking you out to manually override the coupon. The best way to avoid 'defrauding' Target in this case would be to either a.) not use the coupon or b.) tell the cashier to please get a manager to change the discount to give you the cheapest game.

In one instance when I checked out the cashier was hip to the Target ways of b2g1 and saw what happened. He tried ringing it up in different ways to confirm that it wasn't an order problem, gave me a funny look, called his manager and they let me go and talking amongst themselves they planned on notifying the powers that be. That was whatever week The Last of Us came out, so if they haven't fixed it since then (6 weeks or so?) it's either intentional or they just don't care, so why should I?

As a point of reference, historically when they have big problems on a Sunday with an advertised promo doing something similar, they fix it before the end of the day.
I can promise you that it is not a problem with the system. The first round of coupons expired 7-15. the second round expired 8-12, and now there is a new round that expires on 9/9. If there was ANYTHING wrong with this coupon, it would have been fixed. I've read at least 10 different people who had a case of cashiers/supervisors/etc saying something along the lines of reporting the "issue" with the coupon when in fact there is nothing wrong with it.

It would have been "fixed" by now if there was something to fix but there isn't. There's also no fraud at all as Davestation seems to believe. The coupon explicitly states that it has a maximum value of $249.99.

I'm not going to say anything else my last post i said what i had to say. It seems like some people just like to argue for the sake of arguing. I just wanted to inform everyone that they reported it not be bashed for using a legitimate coupon and reading the fine print before using it.

What a stupid post. Defrauding Target? I'd like to defraud your face with my fist. "Good for Target and the cashier, charging $180 for a cardboard box with some crap in it. Target doesn't have any "fair deals." If not for the Tomb Raider thing and the B2G1 coupon, Target hasn't had any deals in months. Contrary to popular belief, there's nothing wrong with a billion-dollar corporation losing a little cash and benifitting the middle class.
"I'd like to defraud your face with my fist."

:rofl: Nice.

What a stupid post. Defrauding Target? I'd like to defraud your face with my fist. "Good for Target and the cashier, charging $180 for a cardboard box with some crap in it. Target doesn't have any "fair deals." If not for the Tomb Raider thing and the B2G1 coupon, Target hasn't had any deals in months. Contrary to popular belief, there's nothing wrong with a billion-dollar corporation losing a little cash and benifitting the middle class.
"I'd like to defraud your face with my fist."
:rofl: Nice.
Lol nice to see someone agrees with me.. +1 for your comment if it wasn't for the double dipping with the games and preorders they wouldn't have much deals.. Besides some clearance bundles of 150 xboxs.

The thing I love is how some peoples logic. Like if a company screws me, then it's my fault for not reading the terms / making sure I did everything right. If I screw a company, then I should feel ashamed and be shunned as an evil person.

Like it or not, CAG is not a place for the Morally Self-Righteous People (get it, MSRP =P) to get together and talk about the sunday paper. A good percent of deals involve abusing coupons, breaking policies, doing things a certain way and of course luck. Not every detail has these elements, but abusing the B2G1 coupon is no better than Tomb Raider (violates the double dipping policy), buying something before the street date (LoZ, inFAMOUS), buying things that shouldn't be clearanced (inFAMOUS 2 for like $30 before release) and of course the 1 year of plus for $15. You can defend these things all you want, but if I am responsible for their blunders, then I should be responsible for all of them without ever getting a deal that they're 100% certain they want to give me.

Would have loved to get one of these B2G1 coupons for The Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time 3D, Shin Megami Tensei IV, and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. But sadly I keep getting hot pockets, hair touch up, Venus razors, and fountain soda coupons... Is there any pattern in these coupons as I have never purchased any of the above, lol... Oh well I ended up giving in and just buying them at Best Buy, at least I have 60 days to price match in case BB drops their price.

Would have loved to get one of these B2G1 coupons for The Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time 3D, Shin Megami Tensei IV, and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. But sadly I keep getting hot pockets, hair touch up, Venus razors, and fountain soda coupons... Is there any pattern in these coupons as I have never purchased any of the above, lol... Oh well I ended up giving in and just buying them at Best Buy, at least I have 60 days to price match in case BB drops their price.
You have 15 days to match with Bestbuy and 60 to return.

The thing I love is how some peoples logic. Like if a company screws me, then it's my fault for not reading the terms / making sure I did everything right. If I screw a company, then I should feel ashamed and be shunned as an evil person.

Like it or not, CAG is not a place for the Morally Self-Righteous People (get it, MSRP =P) to get together and talk about the sunday paper. A good percent of deals involve abusing coupons, breaking policies, doing things a certain way and of course luck. Not every detail has these elements, but abusing the B2G1 coupon is no better than Tomb Raider (violates the double dipping policy), buying something before the street date (LoZ, inFAMOUS), buying things that shouldn't be clearanced (inFAMOUS 2 for like $30 before release) and of course the 1 year of plus for $15. You can defend these things all you want, but if I am responsible for their blunders, then I should be responsible for all of them without ever getting a deal that they're 100% certain they want to give me.
The closest thing to abusing (and I wouldn't call it that, just being clever) the Buy 2 Get 1 coupon I've seen is the guy who combined it with the Tomb Raider deal. He bought a PS3 Tomb Raider and a 360 Tomb Raider for $1 each, and then used the B2G1 coupon to get a Care Package for free. Either way, getting the highest item free on the coupon is working as intended.

Whoa whoa whoa, looks like we've got a badass on our hands.

Fraud would be using a copy of the coupon.  Fraud would not be using a real one and their computer giving the highest priced game for free.

Oh, and for the TR thing: there is no "double dipping" policy like there is at BB. Hell, Target accepts manufacturer coupons AND Target coupons on the same item.

Final tally. 6 Tomb Raiders.

1x 360

1x PS3

2x 360 Steelbooks

2x PS3 Steelbooks

I got foiled today though. 4 Targets and not one of them did it. All said that a memo from corporate warned them about this. Too little too late...

Know why? Because I'm an Uchiha. And the Uchiha always win. Why? Because we've got... Kagutsuchi. Just ask my brother, Itachi.

2188405.jpg

2188416.jpg
Not sure why you need that many, flip perhaps. either way good on you!

Thanks. I bought them, not to flip, but to sell, yeah. And I got them from 4 different Targets over the past week, so I left plenty for other people to get.
"Flipping is a term used primarily in the United States to describe purchasing a revenue-generating asset and quickly reselling (or "flipping") it for profit."

If you're paying $1 dollar for each copy and sell it for $2 or more dollars... then yeah, you're flipping.

I have been checking several Target's video game sections after the reset, a lot of titles that were clearanced a few months ago are getting shelf space again, even stranger that they are getting price labels from the last clearance price. So far only the XBox 360 section is like this.

The Walking Dead $8.98
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 $8.98
Transformers Fall of Cybertron $29.98
Battlefield 3 Special Edition $11.98
Rockstar Games Collection Edition 1 $41.98
Batman Arkham City GOTY $8.98

So far nothing stocked yet.

"FLAME ON"

If you're going to talk out of your ass, at least be correct. There is NOT ONE STATEMENT on the coupon that says cheapest game free.

You have 15 days to match with Bestbuy and 60 to return.
Really? They are really trying to cover their bases here with all the PriceMatching shannigans. Well I guess I have been getting lucky as they still have been letting me pricematch their own price within the 60 days (but more than 15 days) without saying anything to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back