Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys! If you can manage to find 3 titles you actually want, all Target clearance titles are eligible under the B2G1 free sale going on this week. I also tried a repackaged title, but that didn't work. Fortunately, the awesome clerk volunteered to override because he figured it was a game so it should apply (finally someone our side). Anyway I walked away with Dead Island Riptide SE (8.98), Darksiders II (repackaged 8.76) and Tekken Tag 2 (5.98).

Picked up a :pS3: afterglow controller for $5.98.  Saw two other types of controllers (don't remember which) marked at $9.98 (wired) and $14.98 (wireless).

Also saw a bunch of :pS3: NBA 2K13 at $27.98.  As well as :DS: Club Penguin: Herbert's Revenge at $9.98 and :3ds: Nicktoons MLB at $7.48.

Picked up a :ps3: afterglow controller for $5.98. Saw two other types of controllers (don't remember which) marked at $9.98 (wired) and $14.98 (wireless).

Also saw a bunch of :ps3: NBA 2K13 at $27.98. As well as :ds: Club Penguin: Herbert's Revenge at $9.98 and :3ds: Nicktoons MLB at $7.48.
Which Target did you see the controllers at if you don't mind me asking? My DS3 is a genuine spaz and I'm fortunate if I can get Netflix to run properly without it twerking across the menus.

:ds: Cars 2 $5.98
:ds: Lalaloopys Sew Magical! Sew Cute! $9.98
:3ds: Puzzler World 2012 3D $9.98
:ds: Scribblenauts $9.98
:wiiu: FIFA Soccer 2013 $29.98
:wiiu: Sing Party $17.98
:wiiu: The Smurfs 2 $11.98
:wii: Jeep Thrills $4.48
:wii: Dream Dance & Cheer $4.48
:pc: The Secret World $7.56
:360: Borderlands 2 Add-On Content Pack $20.98
:ps3: ABC Wipeout 2 $10.06
:ds: Garfield's Funfest $4.48
:ds: Diner Dash Flo on the Go $4.48
:360: Dead Island Riptide Special Edition $8.98
:ps3: NBA 2K13 $19.98

Accessories:
PS Vita Protective Film Cover 2 Pack $4.98
Wii U Nyko Charge Station Quid $27.98
Skylanders Giants Battle Arena $27.98
Nintendo DS Icon Rainbow Stylus Pack $3.48

Strategy Guides:
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Fate of Two Worlds $5.98
Little Big Planet 2 $5.98
Madden NFL 11 $5.98

Well ran into a AC3 Collectors...damn thing was still $119. Still bought it but i can't get them to price match it somewhere else lower. Anybody have a link to something that shows it at a lower price? Has to be for PS3 and nothing at my local targets besides old Smurf games and NBA 2k13.

Got SSX (360) for $6 last week! Great deal and cheaper than anywhere else. Too bad I'm not playing it till I free up some of my backlog but still a great a deal.

Dream Gear Comfort grip for Nintendo 3DS XL marked down. Sticker on it said 7.48 but it rang up $4.48 at the register.

City target in beverly hills had a bunch of them.

Had some nerf cases for regular 3DS marked around 4 dollars too.

How common is it for clearance games to ring up lower than their sticker?
only happened to me one time (in the last two years). was a copy of homefront, which i didnt buy. a target employee would really have to be off their game for it to happen in my experience (homefront was moved away from the rest of the clearance, must have missed it when they restickered them).

Spotted a bunch of random DS and 3DS games on clearance today. I mainly saw the 3DS Ghost Recon, Tetris Axis, Splinter Cell 3D, & WWE All-Star for 13.98.

I saw Sonic and Sega All Stars Vita for $14.98. Come on 70% off.
I picked it up at $14.98, I've been wanting the game for ages and had a 30% coupon I never used. (Picked up the last WiiU Ducktales w/pin as my other game) There was the Bonus Edition DLC code inside which expired on 11/20. :( booo!!!! (and yes, I did try to put the code in and was told it was invalid-- first time I've gotten a PSN code that actually expired on the date it claimed!)

PS Vita ModNation Racers Roadtrip $5.06
PS Vita 8GB Memory Card $20.98
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Fate of Two Worlds Strategy Guide $1.56

My main local store actually had some new stuff out for the first time in months, at least that I noticed.  There were 30+ copies of Rage for PS3 in the Greatest Hits red cases for $1.98, and two Vita memory cards of 8GB and 16GB for $14.98 and $29.98, respectively.  Another store had a copy of Pokemon HeartGold with some other clearance games but it wrung up at $39.99.

Saw a few DS games this morning. Best was probably Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days for $7.48. Had 3 copies at the St. Charles, MO location. Plus Indiana Jones, Crafting Momma, and Force Unleashed.

AC4: Black Flag CE's on clearance at the Cool Springs (Franklin, TN) Target. 90 and change for the 360 set, 70-something for the PS3 set (didn't bother looking very intently at that one :p ). They are of course in the crappy Target spider-wraps. This is in addition to the avalanche of PC titles they've been trying to sell at merely-ok prices for several weeks.

On the other side of Franklin, the Columbia Ave Target has Sonic and Sega All Stars Vita for $14.98, the 3DS Ghost Recon game for $13.98, and other assorted DS shovelware.

A truckload of DS and 3DS games are flooding all my stores' shelves right now, weird part is every store has several copies of Borderlands 2 strategy guides ($13.98), there must be an overstock of that.

:pc: Total War Shogun 2 $7.56
:3ds: WWE Allstars $13.98
:3ds: Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 $9.98
:3ds: Tetris Axis $9.98
:ds: Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure $13.98
:ds: Squinkies Surprize Inside 2 Adventure Mall Surprize $13.98
:ds: Disney Princess Magical Jewels and Tangled Two Pack $12.48
:360: WWE 13 $27.98
:ds: Spider-Man Edge of Time $13.98
:ds: Sonic Colors $13.98
:ds: Alvin and The Chipmunks Chipwrecked $13.98
:ps3: Need For Speed The Run $13.98
:ps3: Dead Island Riptide Special Edition $20.98
:ds: Transformers Dark of the Moon Decepticons $13.98
:3ds: Green Lantern Rise of the Manhunters $13.98
:ds: Star Wars The Force Unleashed II $13.98
:3ds: Lego Star Wars III $13.98
:360: Major League Baseball 2K12 $9.98
:wii: glee Karaoke Revolution Volume 2 $14.98
:ds: The Penguins of Madagascar Dr. Blowhard Returns Again! $13.98
:ds: Magical Zhu Zhu Princess Carriages & Castles $13.98
:ds: Quest for Zhu $13.98
:ds: The Smurfs $13.98
:ds: X-Men Destiny $13.98
:ds: Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions $13.98
:ds: Titanic Mystery $13.98
:3ds: Let's Ride! Best in Breed 3D $13.98

my store had a giant pile of DS/3DS shovelware in the clearance

also about 10 copies of Nintendogs + Cats Toy Poodle AS IS for $10

First clearance sighting in a looong time for me.

Found:

Scribblenauts DS for $5.98

Fifa 13 WiiU for $17.98

SSX 360 for $5.98

Oh and the same copy of Transformers FoC that's been there for 6 months @ $41.98 :roll:

AC4: Black Flag CE's on clearance at the Cool Springs (Franklin, TN) Target. 90 and change for the 360 set, 70-something for the PS3 set (didn't bother looking very intently at that one :p ). They are of course in the crappy Target spider-wraps.
Damn, pretty good deal on the PS3. I'm sure it'll drop some more though.

:ps3: Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy $14.98
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Collection $14.98
:ps3: Lego Pirates of the Caribbean $9.98
:3ds: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars $13.98
:ds: Thundercats $13.98
:3ds: Purr Pals Purrfection $13.98
:360: Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 $20.98
:wiiu: FIFA Soccer 13 $17.98
:ps3: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Collector's Edition $76.98
PS Vita 8GB Memory Card $14.98
WiiU Nyko Charge Station Quad $19.98

Saw Mario Strikers Charged - Wii for $9.98 today. Never played it so I let it sit on the shelf for someone else.

Picked up FIFA 13 for PS3 the other day at $8.98.  Been wanting to try a soccer game and seemed like a good price.  Still a few copies so I may wait to see it it drops to $5.xx next.

found a ton of random DS/3DS games for about $13 today. Picked up a PS3 copy of FIFA 13 for about $9 and to my surprise one of the "take 30% off with the purchase of 2 video games" coupon printed out, has a exp. date of 1/27/14 on it

I'm also seeing a lot of ACIV BF CEs all over. At this rate, all the Call of Duty Ghosts Hardened and Prestige Editions shelf-warming the stores are going to join in soon.

:ps3: NBA 2K13 $11.98

Strategy Guides:
Assassin's Creed Revelations $13.98
Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception $9.98
L.A. Noire $9.98

I saw this gem earlier today. It was either at Jefferson Blvd, Culver City or Sepulveda Blvd, Culver City. I don't remember which one.

Mr27S2G.jpg

Picked up a PS3 copy of FIFA 13 for about $9 and to my surprise one of the "take 30% off with the purchase of 2 video games" coupon printed out, has a exp. date of 1/27/14 on it
IT LIVES!!! IT LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS.

I saw this gem earlier today. It was either at Jefferson Blvd, Culver City or Sepulveda Blvd, Culver City. I don't remember which one.
Target you cray cray.

Mr27S2G.jpg
OHHHHHHHH! I hope I can find one of those. Sell my physical XB1 copy to BB for $44, sell that 360 code for $35. Free $29 and a free XB1 Ghosts, its hunting time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back