Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a bit off topic, but Towson, MD had 3 of those cameras in stock when checking the DCPI in store, but none on the shelf. They said their numbers were wrong in the system and if it wasn't on the shelf, they didn't have it. Anyone run into this before?
Speaking from experience it's probably sitting on a cart in the back because the Price Change/Sales Floor team is too lazy to do their job.

OHHHHHHHH! I hope I can find one of those. Sell my physical XB1 copy to BB for $44, sell that 360 code for $35. Free $29 and a free XB1 Ghosts, its hunting time.
Are you sure the Xbox 360 and Xbox one codes are different? I thought both codes were tied to the same gamertag

OHHHHHHHH! I hope I can find one of those. Sell my physical XB1 copy to BB for $44, sell that 360 code for $35. Free $29 and a free XB1 Ghosts, its hunting time.
Are you sure the Xbox 360 and Xbox one codes are different? I thought both codes were tied to the same gamertag

Dead or alive 5 for 360 $2.56, at that price it makes a heck of a gift with XCOM at $19.99 + 30% off coupon. Thanks CAG!

Pretty sure it's a migrating code, not two. Meant to entice future buyers of an Xbox One to purchase this version, then the stats would move on to the next gen version. That's what I was told my a Microsoft store employee.

At the Holyoke MA target yesterday;

Bioshock double pack 360 $20.98
2K pack 360/PS3 (Bioshock/Borderlands/XCOM) $20.98
Borderlands 2 GOTY PS3 $20.98

:ps3: 2K Essentials Collection: Bioshock, Borderlands, XCOM Enemy Unknown $20.98
:ps3: Crysis 3 Hunter Edition $20.98

Wish I checked this thread earlier. Will have to go back tomorrow to double check if they have any ACIVs.

Did see at Tampa, FL:

PS3 New owners kit (con, usb charge cable, and hdmi)= $34.95

PS3 move kit (eye and move con)= $34.95

Max Payne 3 (360) - $5.98

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (360) - $9.98

WWE'13 (360)- $11.98

Wish I checked this thread earlier. Will have to go back tomorrow to double check if they have any ACIVs.

Did see at Tampa, FL:

PS3 New owners kit (con, usb charge cable, and hdmi)= $34.95

PS3 move kit (eye and move con)= $34.95

Max Payne 3 (360) - $5.98

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (360) - $9.98

WWE'13 (360)- $11.98
I saw the new owners kit yesterday for $48.xx. Wish it were at my local Target I'd probably bite for $34 or less.

At my local Target today Sonic All Stars Racing for the Vita dropped to $8.98.

At the Holyoke MA target yesterday;
Bioshock double pack 360 $20.98
2K pack 360/PS3 (Bioshock/Borderlands/XCOM) $20.98
Borderlands 2 GOTY PS3 $20.98
The 2k pack is at 50% off now, $15.

What's the DPCI for B2 GOTY? I ask because it's $10 online and was never sold in stores, only the 360 version is. I checked in store with the websites DPCI and it's unknown/invalid.

So, I picked up a Skylanders Giants Starter pack on the Wii U for $17.98. Is that a good deal? This is my first foray into the Skylanders / Disney Infinity games, and I have no idea what these things should be going for. GS and BB have it for $60, but that seems to be MSRP.

Renton, WA location.

Was looking for games on clearance yesterday (couldn't find anything good), but I found this instead for $145 (after 20% off coupon and 5% off from Red Card):

B7DD9947-B6AF-458F-9646-F426723CC737.jpg

Yeah, it's pretty crazy. Funny because I saw this exact kit on the SlickDeals Front Page ($429 on Amazon) about 30 minutes before I got to Target.

http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13488992

Store locator for the camera. Amazing price. I"ve never had a DLSR and would love to pick one up, but none around me. Good luck to the rest of you on the lookout.

What's the 20% coupon

There's one of these 9.3 miles away. Worth the trip? How do I find out if its clearance priced at that store?

Nothing of note except PS3 motion controls still over $20. 

Did see a lone PS4 in the case.  When a clerk came by and asked if he could help I just pointed at it, even he was surprised to see it.  Told him I was thinking about it.  He said I better hurry, it won't last long.  Less than 5 minutes later a young lady was claiming it.  Just don't have the cash for it right now.

:360: Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm $8.98
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition $13.98
:360: Just Dance Greatest Hits $14.98
:3ds: Tetris Axis $5.98
:ds: Bakugan Rise of the Resistance $9.98
:ds: Moshi Monsters Katsuma Unleashed $12.48

Borderlands 2 Strategy Guide $8.98

I think these have all been mentioned, but here are some DPCI's:

:ps3: New Owner's Kit (207-00-0111) |  $69.99, now $34.98

:ps3: 2K Essentials Collection (207-24-1040) | $29.99, now $14.98

:360: Call of Duty Ghosts Download (207-22-2225) | $69.99, now $48.98

:360: Bioshock Rapture Edition (207-22-0849) | $29.99, now $14.98

Tried one of my stores for the Black Flag Limited Edition for the PS3 and it was still $72.  Going to try another store tonight and hope for better luck.  Thanks for all of the info.  

:360: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition $9.98
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Three Pack Drobot, Flameslinger, Stump Smash $17.48

Last night, I saw about 50 copies of Lego Harry Potter for 3DS, for $5.98, 70% off.  Just stacks and stacks of them on an endcap.  Metro Detroit area.

Grabbed the Assassin's Creed 4 Limited Edition for the PS3 for $76.something. I might return/rebuy it next week though.
Did they have anymore left? IIRC, if they don't have anymore stock on-hand, the clearance price won't drop any further. I could be wrong, though...

Did they have anymore left? IIRC, if they don't have anymore stock on-hand, the clearance price won't drop any further. I could be wrong, though...
There is another store nearby that has one listed as being in stock. That's interesting to note. If it doesn't drop, I can always just return it.

Didn't know where to post this but since this is the most active Target thread I'll post here. I just got in the mail with my redcard bill a coupon for 20% video game accessory item, controller or headset. It also says redcard exclusive. I think I'll grab a :XB1: controller for $45 (20%+5%)

Stopped by Woodlands,TX store tonight and saw the following:

:wiiu: Ninja Gaiden 3 - $41.98

:wiiu: FIFA 13 - $17.98

:360:  WWE 13 - $11.98

:ps3: Playstation Move Essentials Pack - $34.98

:3ds: Explorer Starer Kit - $14.98

My store has an Assassins Creed 3 collectors edition for 360 but it's not marked on clearance but I know these have been on clearance from reading here. Is it possible it would ring up at the clearance price without it being marked and how much is the lowest it has been?

My store has an Assassins Creed 3 collectors edition for 360 but it's not marked on clearance but I know these have been on clearance from reading here. Is it possible it would ring up at the clearance price without it being marked and how much is the lowest it has been?
Anything is possible. It could be salvage for all we know, but there is also a chance it's MSRP too.

this is likely YMMV, but Mario Strikers Charged for the Wii scanned at $5.98 today with no clearence tag on it.  It has been in the value game section at my Target for some time but has always rang up $19.99.  I checked some 360/PS3 games on the shelf and they all scanned at regular prices, and the only other Wii games were shovelware.  Still, worth a check for sure.  I have Mario Strikers on my Gamecube as well but for $6 I couldnt say no.

:360: WWE '13 $11.98
PS Vita MLB 13 The Show $14.98
:wii: Cabela's Dangerous Hunt 2013 $13.98
:wiiu: Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge $41.98
:ps3: New Owner's Kit $48.98
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Three Pack Whirlwind, Double Trouble, Drill Sergeant $17.48
:ps3: Playstation Move Navigation Controller $14.98

Do you have price scanners in your store? Use the DPCI # and input it to the scanner and see what it says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back