Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok next time I go there I'll try to remember to scan it. I may pass on it still tho unless it's super cheap since I play my ps4 and Xbox one now anyway. :)

I went into my Vernon Hills, IL Target looking for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the 3DS as their online price shows $29.99. I couldn't find the game in the regular cases, so I asked someone who looked it up on their machine. The only Monster Hunter she saw was for the 3DS and it was some sort of bundle, priced at $20.98. But then the only ones we could find on a shelf filled with various games rang up as $39.99. Does anyone remember a Monster Hunter bundle for 3DS (I've tried searching but can't find anything)? Anyone encounter something like this before?

Thanks!

AC3 LE for PS3 scanned for $119.99 last night. I couldn't get them to PM Best Buy because it's OOS everywhere for them.

I just love getting collector's/limited editions for so damn cheap, got the PS3 ACIV L.E.'s for $23.09 with the Buy 2 Get 30% off coupon and the X360 versions for $27.28 a piece, and that's before the 5% bonus discount via the redcard.  With all of the discounts, it works out to just under 20% of their original/MSRP.  Almost as great as the magical Buy 2 Get 1 Free coupon from a couple of months ago, but nothing will top that one given I was picking up those $179.99 Black Ops 2 Care Package editions for the price of the 2 cheapest clearance/PC games I could find in store, $10-20 total.

I did one last return/rebuy on one of each version of the AC IV LE this morning that I had picked up at the 30% off clearance cycle yesterday.  I checked the DPCI's this morning on the way to the office at the other nearby store, and sure enough even though it says on the mobile inventory checker "We're sorry, this item is not available at this location", they were both still in the system in this store, and at the 70% off clearance rate.  So I grabbed them and the receipt out of the car and used the usual return/rebuy method i.e. change credit card/payment type as well as apply the "mobile" Buy 2 Get 30% off coupon I had on my phone.  Refund of $180+ followed by a jaw dropping total of $52.16 for both out the door.  

BTW, it appears as though there is no more "limited availablility" or "out of stock" returned from the mobile inventory checker, as stores with 1-2 of an item in stock now say "in stock" (just as with 3 or more in stock), while "we're sorry, this item is not available at this location" is the only value returned whether it is still in the system at a particular store or not, so you will have to either call or go into those stores to determine whether a particular DPCI is out of the system, or still in the system as was the case with these for me today.

BTW, it appears as though there is no more "limited availablility" or "out of stock" returned from the mobile inventory checker, as stores with 1-2 of an item in stock now say "in stock" (just as with 3 or more in stock), while "we're sorry, this item is not available at this location" is the only value returned whether it is still in the system at a particular store or not, so you will have to either call or go into those stores to determine whether a particular DPCI is out of the system, or still in the system as was the case with these for me today.

DPCIs are usually deleted from the system two weeks after an item has hit 70% clearance.

Pretty good score today. Picked up COD: Ghosts double pack (360/XB1) for $20.98

Van Nuys on Sepulveda Blvd.
Didn't see another copy.

So apparently Target has an instore pickup option now for some items.

I saw it is available for the CoD Ghosts X360/Xbone pack.  You can check the stores that have pickup available for quantity by changing the quantity when you search for stores.

I found the PS3 "2K Essentials" 3-pack (with "Bioshock", "Borderlands" & "X-Com") for $14.98. SOLD!
Also saw this at my Target along with an ACIV limited PS3 for about $75 tagged and X360 for about $90--didn't scan to see if they were extra special super cheap clearance beyond that.

the way louisville is set up now they rarely clearance stuff, it is not the same as elsewhere. Target clearance has and will be CRAP here... I don't even think the targets carry ACIV LE or ghosts pack

Dumb question but when I was checking the AC4 LE's it showed as none in the stockroom but on the show floor as N/A. I assume that means not available but could it just mean they aren't sure where it is in the store. I doubt it does but I can hope. I would have loved to get it for $32+.

Congrats to the bastard who got the AC4 LE :ps3: from the North Huntingdon PA store.  I was eyeing it for the past week and it apparently dropped to 3x.xx yesterday but I couldn't get over there and it was gone today.  

I went to my local Goodwill store the other day and saw a lot of target clearance things. There was even an Xb1 controller for 44.99. I know it's not a great price, but I think I need to start going there instead of Target, because my target has garbage for clearance.

Congrats to the bastard who got the AC4 LE :ps3: from the North Huntingdon PA store. I was eyeing it for the past week and it apparently dropped to 3x.xx yesterday but I couldn't get over there and it was gone today.
Did you check it on the keypad in store? Games usually only drop on Mondays. I had a PS3 one disappear from another store this week, but it sill said 76 on the checker. I guess they bought it for a price match later, if there is one.

Did you check it on the keypad in store? Games usually only drop on Mondays. I had a PS3 one disappear from another store this week, but it sill said 76 on the checker. I guess they bought it for a price match later, if there is one.
Yeah, I went there a few times this week (Mon, Tues, Wed) and each time I checked the scanner it was 7x.xx, and yesterday I checked the scanner it came up 3x.xx. Guys at my Target told me a few months ago that they do Electronics on Mondays and Thursday, as was the case here.

On the flip side, they have a few 360 versions that are still coming up 9x.xx.

Yeah, I went there a few times this week (Mon, Tues, Wed) and each time I checked the scanner it was 7x.xx, and yesterday I checked the scanner it came up 3x.xx. Guys at my Target told me a few months ago that they do Electronics on Mondays and Thursday, as was the case here.

I have one local store that still lists as having it in stock for the PS3 version, but it isn't on the floor (or it's stashed somewhere.)

My hope is that the price will keep dropping for that one and I can get the price match on the one I got for $70 something.

Again, if not, I'll just return it. No biggie either way.

I went to my local Goodwill store the other day and saw a lot of target clearance things. There was even an Xb1 controller for 44.99. I know it's not a great price, but I think I need to start going there instead of Target, because my target has garbage for clearance.
Keep your eyes peeled at Goodwill, Target is known to send whatever leftover unbought clearance items to Goodwill regularly.

Monday is the usual day for markdowns, but I have seen Fridays and Saturdays as alternate days for it. I think it varies by region through.

Keep your eyes peeled at Goodwill, Target is known to send whatever leftover unbought clearance items to Goodwill regularly.
I don't know about other regions, but around here GW was "buying" the merchandise from Target in bulk. Our GW's stopped selling Target stuff a year or so ago because they were actually losing money, since 90% of the stuff that Target sent over was actual broken junk, not just used/damaged/dinged. It sucks because I used to have some awesome finds...

Today I saw:

:wiiu: ZombiU - $17.98

:360: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - $5.98

:ps3: Playstation Move Essentials - $34.98

:ps3: Playstation Move Navigation Controller - $14.98

Vita - Official case - $7.98

Vita - Official Screens - $4.58

I don't know about other regions, but around here GW was "buying" the merchandise from Target in bulk. Our GW's stopped selling Target stuff a year or so ago because they were actually losing money, since 90% of the stuff that Target sent over was actual broken junk, not just used/damaged/dinged. It sucks because I used to have some awesome finds...
Same here, my sister works there and about a month ago she said they would no longer be taking Target items. Said most of the stuff they received from them was returned after purchase. Kinda sucks because despite all the crap, there can sometimes be some nice finds.

Well, picked up an ACIV 360 CE for $90.xx and return/rebought it at a store that had it for $39.

I used 3 $3 apology coupons another Target gave me and got it down to $32.00 after tax.

Went to go find ac4, Can't find the missing 2 in the store only store in dfw with either. *Sigh*
Do you usually have any luck in the DFW stores? I've never found anything worthwhile, usually just bad DS games. Must be a lot of CAGs in our neighborhoods.

picked up mlb 13 vita and that ps3 triple pack of bioshock/borderlands/xcom for 8.98 each. then I realized that two of the three in the triple pack were ps+ freebies (and bioshock can be had with bioshock infinite). oops! so unless someone wants it back it goes!

Was able to get the last AC IV BF CE. In my area all tagged at 90.xx today all dropped to 32.xx got PS3 wanted 360 but ill live with the PS3 Extra content. They also had AC III LE and COD BO II CP at full price non clearance. :)

how do you check the dcpi on the checkers that are all touch screen and do not have the keyboard on the right side?
You press the last button to the right. It will pull up a number touch pad on the screen.
Note: if you press the last button to the right and nothing comes up, look for another price scanner. Some Targets only have one or two scanners in stores that can look up DPCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back