Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Double pack of Call of duty was full price at one Target. Were they in the case or clearance section?
Clearance section.

Only one store in my area had it on clearance out of 6 stores. All the others were regular price. Incidentally, if you go to the stock checker on the website, at every store the item was available to do an instore pickup, except the one store that it was on clearance. It said in stock but not available for in store pickup. Drove over there and got it.

Alhambra CA has a FujiFilm Finepix S4800 marked down to $181.96 from 459.99. It is marked as an Online Item

I have no clue about camera so yeah...

Sorry in advance if any of this was covered before, but I'm bored so here goes.

"As Is" items are anomalies in the inventory system or something that they are trying to get rid of. Examples would be old clearance items found way after they were supposed to be sent back, items not showing valid in the inventory system, or items with incorrect UPCs.

Now some really useful info is that (if the target person knows how to do it) they can take additional markdowns on As Is, Repackage, and possibly Online Items (can't 100% remember on online items) anytime they want. The system allows it.
So basically if you see an As Is or a Repackage sitting around for a while at a high price not selling, you can ask an employee to see if they'll make an additional mark down. (The system will only let them mark it down so much, but they can do another immediate mark down after the one they did. So pretty much, they can set the price they want on it.) Again this really depends on the person and obviously won't work all the time.

if you have any questions, feel free to message me. I may know a few more things about how target does their clearance if anyone is interested.

-edit: On a side note, Mortal Kombat Komplete for x360 was on clearance for around 5.98 this week.

"As Is" items are anomalies in the inventory system or something that they are trying to get rid of. Examples would be old clearance items found way after they were supposed to be sent back, items not showing valid in the inventory system, or items with incorrect UPCs.

Now some really useful info is that (if the target person knows how to do it) they can take additional markdowns on As Is, Repackage, and possibly Online Items (can't 100% remember on online items) anytime they want. The system allows it.
So basically if you see an As Is or a Repackage sitting around for a while at a high price not selling, you can ask an employee to see if they'll make an additional mark down. (The system will only let them mark it down so much, but they can do another immediate mark down after the one they did. So pretty much, they can set the price they want on it.) Again this really depends on the person and obviously won't work all the time.

if you have any questions, feel free to message me. I may know a few more things about how target does their clearance if anyone is interested.

-edit: On a side note, Mortal Kombat Komplete for x360 was on clearance for around 5.98 this week.
Wow. That's really good to know. Any tips on what to tell them if you want them to mark it down some more?

Thanks for the info!
I figured so for the reason for the As Is tag. Those prices for them I have encountered are usually ridiculously low, only the "Online Item" comes close enough to rivaling it sometimes.

Not too sure of this but will put it up. Went to Target today. In the value games section ($19.99 and under) I saw some copies of Metal Ger Solid HD Collection for the Vita. Was in a hurry so did not check the price, also had no label on or under it. Not sure if it really is $19. Might go back to check.
My store still has a few copies left. It was on a separate endcap with no label or anything. Was still $30 last time I checked.

Regarding the AS-IS tags, the copy of Two Worlds II that had been floating between stores in my area marked at 50.xx finally got marked down to $2x.xx at the store it had been residing in for a while.

The North Huntingdon/Irwin Target had both PS3 and 360 AC4LE. PS3 vanished last week and the two 360 copies were gone when I went in today. Both versions had hit 3x.xx. The thing that annoys me is the online locator still shows the 360 in stock, yet I couldn't even get the lady working electronics to check the count on the handheld. She wasn't a regular electronics employee and was a total bitch about it.

The case they were in had a few XB1 consoles, so for all anyone knows, they just moved them elsewhere, in back, etc. Or they could have been snatched up and the online locator is just nerfed.

And yeah, as I said, this Target also has quite a few XB1 in-stock as well.
You should have gone up to customer service and requested to speak to the manager on duty regarding her attitude, as she is there to assist customers which will, they hope, lead to more sales. Customer service or any other department or person with a handheld can also look up the DPCI and get you the inventory numbers and hopefully a location. The copy(ies) are probably hidden in the backroom/storeroom somewhere by and for some employee(s). These things are way to big to just hide under a pile of men's underwear or socks...

You should have gone up to customer service and requested to speak to the manager on duty regarding her attitude, as she is there to assist customers which will, they hope, lead to more sales. Customer service or any other department or person with a handheld can also look up the DPCI and get you the inventory numbers and hopefully a location. The copy(ies) are probably hidden in the backroom/storeroom somewhere by and for some employee(s). These things are way to big to just hide under a pile of men's underwear or socks...
I thought about doing that, but I'm 99% sure she's seasonal, since this is the Target literally behind my house that I'm at almost every day and I've never seen her there before. If she is seasonal, her ass will be gone in two weeks anyhow.

Like I said, it's irritating, but I really didn't need the LE anyhow. I just don't have anymore room for figures and such.

Yes because you getting a game that you are going to never play. Just put it on a shelf and choke your chicken to it. Is more important than someone's job. I never understand how people can never relate to a minimum wage worker that is under a ton of stress because of the holidays. You keep thinking your gaming needs are more important. Keep pretending you never had a bad day.

Clearance section.

Only one store in my area had it on clearance out of 6 stores. All the others were regular price. Incidentally, if you go to the stock checker on the website, at every store the item was available to do an instore pickup, except the one store that it was on clearance. It said in stock but not available for in store pickup. Drove over there and got it.
You may be on to something here. The only one I know of in my area that has it clearanced shows the same way on the online pickup thing. Unfortunately even though their system showed them having one, nobody could find it.

You may be on to something here. The only one I know of in my area that has it clearanced shows the same way on the online pickup thing. Unfortunately even though their system showed them having one, nobody could find it.
Perhaps going forward, this may be an easy way to tell if an item is on clearance price at one store but not at another.

Stumbled across ACIV LE 360 at a store today for the $38 other people have been reporting and grabbed it right away.  Thanks for the heads up!

Yes because you getting a game that you are going to never play. Just put it on a shelf and choke your chicken to it. Is more important than someone's job. I never understand how people can never relate to a minimum wage worker that is under a ton of stress because of the holidays. You keep thinking your gaming needs are more important. Keep pretending you never had a bad day.
I've worked over 10 years in retail, and yes, I've had my share of bad days. In fact, Target was probably the BEST retailer I've ever worked for; pay was better, supervisors were great, etc. But NEVER have I taken it out on my customers. You pack it away until you're on break or off the clock, or take a few minutes to go in back to cool off. I don't care how bad of a day you're having, if you're going to deflect your anger onto someone you don't even know, then maybe retail isn't your calling and you deserve to be fired.

My gaming needs be damned. Change what I was looking for to a doll, a bedding set, a vacuum cleaner, it doesn't change a thing. I asked her to check her handheld scanner, which was in her fuck ing hand at the time. It would have taken her all of 15 seconds, as I already had the DCPI pulled up. She couldn't be bothered to take 15 seconds from her bounty of time spent holding up the counter she was leaning on to help a customer.

At the Roosevelt and Clark Target there a lot of DS shovelware starting at 5.98. MLB The show for Vita is 8.98.Metal of Honor Warfigher LE is 9.98. 4 PS Move controllers are 24.96. Black new owners kit is 34.98.

If a CUSTOMER FACING EMPLOYEE, such as this employee, described by you as "a minimum wage worker", is disrespectful to customers, she has no business having said job and is more than welcome to find something more suitable to her "talents". Asshole employees cost companies not only the lost business and sales from their antics directed toward potential customers directly, but also via secondhand word of mouth and reviews and can lead to all sorts of P.R. problems and negative publicity.

Is a fucking game more important than someone's shitty job? No, but treating your customers properly and with respect is more important to a company than some asshole employee's shitty job. And in case anyone needs a reminder of the plainly obvious, companies are in the business of making money, not employing shitty employees. What if Spooge had a cart full of high margin items, and decided in the face of this disgusting, disrespectful treatment, to just leave it right there and walk out, costing Target a very profitable sale (not to mention the restock of said items carts)?

If you can't be a professional in the workplace then you have no business being in the workplace, and if you can't manage leaving your "bad day" bullshit at the door, then you have no business being in the workplace. I don't disrespect "minimum wage employees" i.e. retail employees, in fact I try my best to treat them with the utmost courtesy as I believe you catch more deals with sugar than vinegar, and I damn well expect at least common courtesy from them in return.

If a CUSTOMER FACING EMPLOYEE, such as this employee, described by you as "a minimum wage worker", is disrespectful to customers, she has no business having said job and is more than welcome to find something more suitable to her "talents". Asshole employees cost companies not only the lost business and sales from their antics directed toward potential customers directly, but also via secondhand word of mouth and reviews and can lead to all sorts of P.R. problems and negative publicity.

Is a fucking game more important than someone's shitty job? No, but treating your customers properly and with respect is more important to a company than some asshole employee's shitty job. And in case anyone needs a reminder of the plainly obvious, companies are in the business of making money, not employing shitty employees. What if Spooge had a cart full of high margin items, and decided in the face of this disgusting, disrespectful treatment, to just leave it right there and walk out, costing Target a very profitable sale (not to mention the restock of said items carts)?

If you can't be a professional in the workplace then you have no business being in the workplace, and if you can't manage leaving your "bad day" bullshit at the door, then you have no business being in the workplace. I don't disrespect "minimum wage employees" i.e. retail employees, in fact I try my best to treat them with the utmost courtesy as I believe you catch more deals with sugar than vinegar, and I damn well expect at least common courtesy from them in return.

You are obviously upset. Calm down and come back later.

:360: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition $5.98
:wiiu: Zombie U $41.98
:3ds: Monster 4x4 3D $5.98
PS Vita MLB 2013 The Show $8.98
Skylanders Giants Battle Arena $11.98
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Three Pack Zap, Hex, Dino Rang; Lighting Rod, Cynder, Zook $12.48

Strategy Guides
L.A. Noire $5.98
Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception $5.98

News is coming out a few hours ago that Target was hacked during Black Friday.

RoAfGuL.png

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57616054-83/target-investigating-massive-black-friday-data-breach-report/

^preach, if you work retail you have to carry yourself a certain way with customers. If you can't handle that then seek employment elsewhere.
This. I don't get why they keep choosing other people instead of me. Work experience? Hanging onto a job by a thread for 4 months at a time is better than having someone who can actually do stuff? smh

This. I don't get why they keep choosing other people instead of me. Work experience? Hanging onto a job by a thread for 4 months at a time is better than having someone who can actually do stuff? smh
I'll let you in on a little secret my friend: competence is not an important value in it's employees to these large retail companies.

It would have taken her all of 15 seconds, as I already had the DCPI pulled up. She couldn't be bothered to take 15 seconds from her bounty of time spent holding up the counter she was leaning on to help a customer.
What if the counter was actually broken, and she had to lean on it to make sure it wouldn't collapse, and at the time she was holding a price scanner, but she had to lean perfectly still like a statue until somebody else came over to help her fix that counter, and all that weight was bearing down on not only her body, but her heart, so she had a spontaneously momentary lapse of judgement and lashed out at you because she thought you were after her pot of gold? Hmmm? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?! PLAUSIBLE!

238387819_Not_Really_Owl2_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Man, that's exactly the kind of thing a high schooler would say when losing an argument. Can't come up with anything to counter what he said, so just pretend that he's upset, and that it matters on the internet. How weak.

Man, that's exactly the kind of thing a high schooler would say when losing an argument. Can't come up with anything to counter what he said, so just pretend that he's upset, and that it matters on the internet. How weak.
That's insulting to people in high school. Immaturity isn't based on age, it's based on the douchebag index.

Really? That's all you could come up with as a retort? Obviously there's no valid counterpoint for you to play, but really, that tripe is just laughable. As for being upset, hahaha nope. Just calling a spade a spade.

In any regard, back to the subject at hand, called around to the 3 stores that indicate "not available at this location" for the CoD Ghosts combo pack, and no clearance price on it. Every other store has it in stock and available for in store pickup. Did pick up the 2K triple pack for $8.98 today though.

Oh and TokyoStomp, Jeeze you get around SoCal! Been seeing your reports the past few weeks, reporting from the South Bay to east LA to the LA County/OC border, to deep in the Valley. That's a lot of time, gas, and effort, much appreciated!

What if the counter was actually broken, and she had to lean on it to make sure it wouldn't collapse, and at the time she was holding a price scanner, but she had to lean perfectly still like a statue until somebody else came over to help her fix that counter, and all that weight was bearing down on not only her body, but her heart, so she had a spontaneously momentary lapse of judgement and lashed out at you because she thought you were after her pot of gold? Hmmm? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?! PLAUSIBLE!
Alex Jones?

Really? That's all you could come up with as a retort? Obviously there's no valid counterpoint for you to play, but really, that tripe is just laughable. As for being upset, hahaha nope. Just calling a spade a spade.

In any regard, back to the subject at hand, called around to the 3 stores that indicate "not available at this location" for the CoD Ghosts combo pack, and no clearance price on it. Every other store has it in stock and available for in store pickup. Did pick up the 2K triple pack for $8.98 today though.

Oh and TokyoStomp, Jeeze you get around SoCal! Been seeing your reports the past few weeks, reporting from the South Bay to east LA to the LA County/OC border, to deep in the Valley. That's a lot of time, gas, and effort, much appreciated!
Its actually part of my job. Lol. I run as far north as woodland hills and down south as far san pedro

I'm not sure why you guys are bickering over such a silly argument, but whatevs. Anyways if your local target doesn't have a clearance section, it means they felt clearance was less important to put on the salesfloor than other items and it is all located in the back. (clearance can not be put into normal locations that are in their system, so its probably just sitting in a cart somewhere out of the way) Ask an employee to check for the item you are looking for and hopefully you'll get someone that cares enough to look for it. (but since its probably sitting in a random cart in some random place, they might not be able to find it)

Also as for tips on getting someone to lower something, just be straight with them about the item being priced too high and not selling for a while. Still if they don't know how to change the price in the system, they obviously won't do it for you. I imagine if you can figure out when your target does its price changes (each department gets a separate date for price changes) you will probably have more luck out of someone on the price change team.

I'm a bit too lazy to go searching the game deals forums to see whether or not this has been posted yet, and it's not quite Target clearance, but I received an email from Target regarding new 1 Day Only Cartwheel deals.  Went to the site and there are some game related ones that might interest some folks.  Not sure if these have been ongoing or were newly added today, but there are coupons for:

50% off the Blue Wii Skylanders Giants bundle (includes console and I assume some Skylanders Giants stuff - game, figure, etc.: details here - $75 after coupon, not too bad, assuming you can find it in store!  DPCI is 207-25-0013, online item 14297383.  Item page here, store locator here.  

50% off Skylanders Giants Starter Pack - Starter and Owner Pack: details here - Includes starter + owner packs for X360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and WiiU

30% off the headphone and game bundles: details here - When it comes to online game chat, the EX-03 is a natural gaming partner. Lightweight in design with a comfortable wired rubber earhook, Next Gen Bluetooth chipset and a noise cancelling speaker enabling you to focus on your game in comfort. Select from the EX-03 Messenger Headset featuring Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty for PS3 & XBOX360

I'm a bit too lazy to go searching the game deals forums to see whether or not this has been posted yet, and it's not quite Target clearance, but I received an email from Target regarding new 1 Day Only Cartwheel deals. Went to the site and there are some game related ones that might interest some folks. Not sure if these have been ongoing or were newly added today, but there are coupons for:

50% off the Blue Wii Skylanders Giants bundle (includes console and I assume some Skylanders Giants stuff - game, figure, etc.: details here - $75 after coupon, not too bad, assuming you can find it in store! DPCI is 207-25-0013, online item 14297383. Item page here, store locator here.

50% off Skylanders Giants Starter Pack - Starter and Owner Pack: details here - Includes starter + owner packs for X360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and WiiU

30% off the headphone and game bundles: details here - When it comes to online game chat, the EX-03 is a natural gaming partner. Lightweight in design with a comfortable wired rubber earhook, Next Gen Bluetooth chipset and a noise cancelling speaker enabling you to focus on your game in comfort. Select from the EX-03 Messenger Headset featuring Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty for PS3 & XBOX360
Looks like they're still trying to get rid of this Skylaner Wii bundles. IIRC, those were $100 Doorbusters on Black Friday last year and my Target still had a ton left over.

Does anyone know off-hand what the price is on the Skylanders Giants Portal Owners pack? At 50% off, I may bite on one finally.

EDIT: Hell, after 50% off, I'll just grab a starter pack for $30 for my kids (if I can find one).... Thanks for the heads-up.

Hot tip. Manhattan Beach store on Sepulveda has black flag for 360 on their clearance endcap as of 3pm. Didn't scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back