Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hot tip. Manhattan Beach store on Sepulveda has black flag for 360 on their clearance endcap as of 3pm. Didn't scan.
There were two on the EndCap last week scanning at ~$90. I stopped by this morning and picked up the one that was still there since it scanned for $38.98.

Thanks for the heads up!

Guys question... So i bought my son a power wheels corvette for his christmas present 3 weeks ago at target at $249. Just saw an ad today that they have the car on sale for $189. I cant do a price adjust anymore right? But i can do a return and rebuy? How does that work? Do they just scan everyghing again and give the car back? Im asking this coz the store im returning the car doesnt have anymore in stock and im afraid i may not get to purchase the same car since its going to be a return item. Thanks for the wisdom in advance

Van Nuys has Tearaway for 19.98 clearance. Not great since GS has it new for 20...

Also PSN is having a flash sale. Haha

Guys question... So i bought my son a power wheels corvette for his christmas present 3 weeks ago at target at $249. Just saw an ad today that they have the car on sale for $189. I cant do a price adjust anymore right? But i can do a return and rebuy? How does that work? Do they just scan everyghing again and give the car back? Im asking this coz the store im returning the car doesnt have anymore in stock and im afraid i may not get to purchase the same car since its going to be a return item. Thanks for the wisdom in advance
Oh and the price i initially bought it was msrp. If that even relevant.

you only have two weeks for a price adjustment but you can just return it and rebuy.

you only have two weeks for a price adjustment but you can just return it and rebuy.
Can they sell me the same box car? Havent done a return and rebuy so im not sure if they can sell me the same item i hand to them for return and get a new item in the store. I really hoping they just give the item back or else i have to find a store that has stock.

Can they sell me the same box car? Havent done a return and rebuy so im not sure if they can sell me the same item i hand to them for return and get a new item in the store. I really hoping they just give the item back or else i have to find a store that has stock.
it really depends on who is at guest service. they arent supposed to sell you the same one but if you get someone nice they might let you do it. worst case you just grab another one off the shelf

it really depends on who is at guest service. they arent supposed to sell you the same one but if you get someone nice they might let you do it. worst case you just grab another one off the shelf
Thats the problem. The store im returning the car doesnt have the car in stock so i cant just grab another box off the shelf. Its a big box and hassle to bring back to the store just to get denied on rebuying. So i want to get more inputs.

Thats the problem. The store im returning the car doesnt have the car in stock so i cant just grab another box off the shelf. Its a big box and hassle to bring back to the store just to get denied on rebuying. So i want to get more inputs.
Any way you could order the car online for in store pickup? Even if you get the new car after the holidays, just let your kid open the one you have now, and then return the one you get later as the $249 one or whatever the price is.

Any way you could order the car online for in store pickup? Even if you get the new car after the holidays, just let your kid open the one you have now, and then return the one you get later as the $249 one or whatever the price is.
Thats an option i really would like to avoid since i have to put money down again for it. If only they had stock in that store then i really wouldnt have this problem. Grr! I guess il just try and talk my way into this. Hopefully i do get a nice and reasonable cs rep later.

So i went to target right after work just to try if the price adjusment will still work and the cs inputted the recipt number and the system gave me the price adjustment no problem. didnt have to bring the bulky box to the store. Thank God! Guess the price adjustment period is also extended during the holidays. Im a Happy camper. Hehe. Sorry for being Off topic.

So i went to target right after work just to try if the price adjusment will still work and the cs inputted the recipt number and the system gave me the price adjustment no problem. didnt have to bring the bulky box to the store. Thank God! Guess the price adjustment period is also extended during the holidays. Im a Happy camper. Hehe. Sorry for being Off topic.
Glad to hear it worked out for you. Should have waited until Sat/Sun to get an extra 10% off.

Picked up a Sony Bluetooth Wireless Speaker for $12.XX (marked as Online Item).

Photo taken from eBay:

$_12.JPG

A friend of mine says that this was leftover from Black Friday (or I assume it's a customer return from BF). My fiance has been asking for a radio for the last couple of years, yet plays Pandora on her phone -- this should suffice, and at a great price, too. Christmas shopping complete.

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Should have waited until Sat/Sun to get an extra 10% off.
nah, have plans in the weekend and with that 10% off announcement, i would suspect most target stores will be packed with people and i didn't want to deal with that as well. I'm good just getting my $60 back from the price adjustment as it is. hehe!

damn so sad that tearaway is already 20 half off and im thinking it will be 10 before feb. sony needs to pull the peddle on E3 2014 for ps vita if not its done i have it but man needs more exclusives not ports, as for the games at target i saw pokemon gold the newest one the day one edition with cards for 40 i saw this on amazon for 70+ of course i passed on it lol went back 3 months later it was gone. i went back about 5-6 times it was there every time...might still be there im not sure though.

damn so sad that tearaway is already 20 half off and im thinking it will be 10 before feb. sony needs to pull the peddle on E3 2014 for ps vita if not its done i have it but man needs more exclusives not ports, as for the games at target i saw pokemon gold the newest one the day one edition with cards for 40 i saw this on amazon for 70+ of course i passed on it lol went back 3 months later it was gone. i went back about 5-6 times it was there every time...might still be there im not sure though.
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this:

. ! ? : - ,

Bust on the Assassins collector edition. Site does one instock and on the handheld to but they searched and couldn't find it.
Someone has stashed it.

My store was like that until I found a nice employee who found the place in back where someone had stashed it.

Someone has stashed it.

My store was like that until I found a nice employee who found the place in back where someone had stashed it.
Is this the Assassin's Creed IV CE for ps3? If not, what system? And how much is the price after 10%? I also can't find a dcpi # for the ps3 version from the target site? anyone have a dcpi?

Is this the Assassin's Creed IV CE for ps3? If not, what system? And how much is the price after 10%? I also can't find a dcpi # for the ps3 version from the target site? anyone have a dcpi?
Xbox 360: 207-22-0987

Playstation 3: 207-24-0987

The two 360 copies I bought were $38.98 each, and the two PS3 copies were $32.98 each.

Saw today they had the Razer brand gaming keyboard and mouse on clearance for 70% off. Around $20 each and stacked with the additional 10% off.

Only game found:

:360: Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition $5.98

Still looking for that AC IV for 360. Found it one time only and it was for PS3 

I saw a :wii: Amazing Spider-Man for $4.56. So I grabbed it because I'm a sucker for games under $5. When I got home, I looked at it more closely and it was a used Best Buy game. It had the sticker UPC under the shrink wrap and the number sticker on the spine. How was someone able to return that? Quite bizarre.

I saw a :wii: Amazing Spider-Man for $4.56. So I grabbed it because I'm a sucker for games under $5. When I got home, I looked at it more closely and it was a used Best Buy game. It had the sticker UPC under the shrink wrap and the number sticker on the spine. How was someone able to return that? Quite bizarre.
Some Targets actually sell used games. Could be a used game or used return they threw in clearance.

never have I known someone (either while I worked in retail or not) that didn't internally roll their eyes when a customer addressed them by the name on their name tag. It may very well be that most people in retail enjoy it, but that hasn't been my experience.

Got Bioshock URE for $8.98. Cashier wouldn't give me the extra 10% off.
I don't think the 10% works on clearance. I bought Mario & Luigi 3DS XL, 2 cartons of milk, and a clearance vita game ( Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed for $8.98), but the 10% didn't apply to the Vita game. Wasn't a game I was really looking for, not sure if I'll keep it.

I don't think the 10% works on clearance. I bought Mario & Luigi 3DS XL, 2 cartons of milk, and a clearance vita game ( Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed for $8.98), but the 10% didn't apply to the Vita game. Wasn't a game I was really looking for, not sure if I'll keep it.
10% doesn't apply to any video game software.

^Buy it and return it to another store. Ask them how long restocking takes and if you can wait so you can get it cheaper. Or try to price adjust at another store if they will allow it. Make sure that store has / had it for $30~ though.

Saw today they had the Razer brand gaming keyboard and mouse on clearance for 70% off. Around $20 each and stacked with the additional 10% off.
Which model? And were they as-is or an online return or something?

Edit: did some research and the only models available in-store are the deathstalker and the deathadder. Still a good deal.

^Buy it and return it to another store. Ask them how long restocking takes and if you can wait so you can get it cheaper. Or try to price adjust at another store if they will allow it. Make sure that store has / had it for $30~ though.
I'm not interested. I was just throwing it out there for anyone in the area who might be.

I had to go Christmas shopping with my wife last night to Target & spotted an :360:Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Limited Edition in the secured case marked at $90.98.  I wouldn't have even thought about buying the game at that price, but for shits and giggles, I wrote down the DPCI & went to a price scanner in store (this specific location has the numerical keypad on the scanners).  Low and behold, $38.98 for the LE.  Needless to say, I picked it up (with the cashier stating "I already gone through too much crap today for me to worry about this.  Go ahead and take it & don't tell anyone..."  :cool:).

With the Red Card and tax, it came out to $40.07.  I had already planned on going to Best Buy after Target to trade in some games, so all I did was take the two discs out of the Steelbook Case and traded the game in for $42 after GCU at Best Buy.  Even though the steelbook is not the right size for my PS4 version of ACIV, I will still use it just fine.

Other stuff I spotted:

:vita: MLB 13: The Show $8.98

:wiiu: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge $29.98

Several Borderlands 2 SG's $5.98

Pretty sure sonic racing is going to be free with ps+ on tuesday

I drove to 3 targets with the mark down on the digital combo ghosts pack, 30 miles driven last ones in stock are missing. If anyone has one to spare and wants to trade for amazon credit pm me. I missed the one listed in the Xbox trade thread.

I had to go Christmas shopping with my wife last night to Target & spotted an :360:Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Limited Edition in the secured case marked at $90.98. I wouldn't have even thought about buying the game at that price, but for shits and giggles, I wrote down the DPCI & went to a price scanner in store (this specific location has the numerical keypad on the scanners). Low and behold, $38.98 for the LE. Needless to say, I picked it up (with the cashier stating "I already gone through too much crap today for me to worry about this. Go ahead and take it & don't tell anyone..." :cool:).

With the Red Card and tax, it came out to $40.07. I had already planned on going to Best Buy after Target to trade in some games, so all I did was take the two discs out of the Steelbook Case and traded the game in for $42 after GCU at Best Buy. Even though the steelbook is not the right size for my PS4 version of ACIV, I will still use it just fine.

Other stuff I spotted:

:vita: MLB 13: The Show $8.98

:wiiu: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge $20.98

Several Borderlands 2 SG's $5.98
... why would the cashier care at all?

I say this as a Target team member...

I saw this a few weeks ago and wanted to wait for one more price drop to below $40, but someone snagged it up before me. Returned this week to check clearance section...

And I finally win the Target Lotto

dte2.jpg

I get to upgrade my disc 360 version to digital and get an xbox one version and still MAKE $17.55 on the trade in of disc version.

Someone is going to be pissed tomorrow morning as they were taking it from the return cart and putting it back on the shelf 20 minutes before close. Pretty sure someone was trying to get it at the new price. Play with fire...

Picked up:

Crisis 3 (PS3) $8.98

The Amazing Spiderman (3DS) $4.18 207-02-1390

Idk why I picked up Spiderman honestly lol.... I can't resist cheap games.

:wiiu: Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge $29.98
PS Vita Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed $4.54 - Wow, first time I saw a game hit 80% clearance!

I also found amazing spiderman 3DS for $4.18.

Looks like they took the old clearance price of $5.98 (70% off $19.99) and started a new cycle at 30% off.  Normally I always wait until it hits 70% but in this case it probably won't last another drop just to save $2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back