Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never ran into strategy guides that are item not found, but you will always need someone with the scan gun to look up the last clearance price and purchase, its usually at the 70% mark.
This, sometimes even lower. Basically it'll call up the lowest price that the system has ever had for that price (and it may not just be that store's pricing). Only had this happen a couple of times but each time it was crazy how cheap they were.

Be warned though, I've gotten the "item not found" from the "price checker" in the store and had it ring up just fine at the register before.

I never seen such deep 70% clearance in Florida stores
Dude, who are you telling? I don't know what part of the state you're in, but I gave up on the Target clearances here a loooong time ago, lol. ONLY thing vg-related I scored last year was KH: Dream Drop Distance. Year before that I got soooo much stuff (DS3 controllers, games, etc.). It was a goldmine, but it's the like the district manager(s) figured it out. Crazy thing, though, is that they still have some pretty good clearances in other departments, I just never have the time and patience to peruse those. Did score a chair and some agave nectar last year, though.

This, sometimes even lower. Basically it'll call up the lowest price that the system has ever had for that price (and it may not just be that store's pricing). Only had this happen a couple of times but each time it was crazy how cheap they were.

Be warned though, I've gotten the "item not found" from the "price checker" in the store and had it ring up just fine at the register before.
I wish this would happen for me. There is a UFC game I want but it is discounted at 29.96 versus it's retail price of 29.99. It shows as Item not found but all employees refuse to give me a good deal. Maybe 29.96 is the lowest it has ever been?

I wish this would happen for me. There is a UFC game I want but it is discounted at 29.96 versus it's retail price of 29.99. It shows as Item not found but all employees refuse to give me a good deal. Maybe 29.96 is the lowest it has ever been?
If you're talking about UFC Undisputed 3, it went on clearance in the middle of the year in 2013 for 8.98. I managed to find one in Van Nuys last year.

29' Schwinn Elite FireWire 3.0 mountain bike!
082-09-0155 (Was $399, Now $119.98) [70%]

9jiys3.jpg

Nothing gaming related but found that, maybe a CAG might be interested in a bike. 

Picked up a Skyward Sword today for $19.99 at the Lauderhill (Florida) Target. As I was checking out some guy came in and asked for the rest of them. There were 9 left. Do these even re-sell that much? lol. 

Dude, who are you telling? I don't know what part of the state you're in, but I gave up on the Target clearances here a loooong time ago, lol. ONLY thing vg-related I scored last year was KH: Dream Drop Distance. Year before that I got soooo much stuff (DS3 controllers, games, etc.). It was a goldmine, but it's the like the district manager(s) figured it out. Crazy thing, though, is that they still have some pretty good clearances in other departments, I just never have the time and patience to peruse those. Did score a chair and some agave nectar last year, though.

I've had my best luck at the Targets in Broward at the end of spring/beginning of summer. A few years ago I was finding a lot at all the stores. I didn't really go hunting last year.

Picked up a Skyward Sword today for $19.99 at the Lauderhill (Florida) Target. As I was checking out some guy came in and asked for the rest of them. There were 9 left. Do these even re-sell that much? lol.
lol, thats just sad. I remember seeing them at Sears a couple years back for $9.97 and I was tempted to do the same but I settled for 3. (There were at least a dozen left after the 3 I bought so I didnt clear out the stock by any means). Still havent even played the copy I kept...

9jiys3.jpg

Nothing gaming related but found that, maybe a CAG might be interested in a bike.
How do I look for this? It's not available online and it says that it's not in stores even though I see that one.

9jiys3.jpg

The guys I work with are getting into biking, so I wouldn't mind finding one of these. I would probably still catch grief over owning it considering one of the co-workers is purchasing a Trek for $2500 this spring. Sorry, I just can't justify buying a bike that costs as much as a used car.

The guys I work with are getting into biking, so I wouldn't mind finding one of these. I would probably still catch grief over owning it considering one of the co-workers is purchasing a Trek for $2500 this spring. Sorry, I just can't justify buying a bike that costs as much as a used car.
I dropped $600 on a bike last spring and while it was well worth it that was a hell of a lot of money for a bike in my book. It was well worth it, I just hate that there's such a huge gap where your choices on the low end are a $100ish department store bike that's going to be hit and miss or stepping up to $400 for a low end name brand from a bike store. If you just want to start riding and aren't going to use it for commuting or anything something like that Schwinn will do you just fine if you can ignore them. Better to spend $100 and realize you're not that into it that several hundred that you'll be lucky to recoup half of. And it's not like in a year or two you can't sell that cheap bike for $50-60 on Craigslist if you want to move into something nicer. Also it lets you get a feel for what you actually want in a more expensive bike which is important.

Been watching the ps3 move controller but it seems they now scan out of the system.  Never went below 50% at my stores.

Xbox live 12 month starter kit found it for 39.98 in commerce CA
Got last one as well[attachment=2759:image.jpg]

I found a blue Wii with Skylander Giants with no clearance markings. When scanned in was NOF and they had to look up last price which was 37.50. Four employees sighed when I bought it.

I was lucky enough to find a collectors edition of The Walking Dead season 1 at the District for $7. They also had the season 3 collectors edition with the zombie head display case for $40.

I was lucky enough to find a collectors edition of The Walking Dead season 1 at the District for $7. They also had the season 3 collectors edition with the zombie head display case for $40.
My Target never has any cool collectors stuff except for Assassin's Creed Collector Editions.

I saw one of those PS3 Assassins Creed Limited Edition sets with an As Is sticker (I think it was AC 3), I thought it said $38.98 when I first looked at it and then saw it really said $83.98.  I guess it will never drop because this is one of those stores that leaves As Is items at the price they are tagged at for months and never lowers them. They have the same 5 or 6 PC games that are also tagged As Is and they have been there since at least last summer.

I found a blue Wii with Skylander Giants with no clearance markings. When scanned in was NOF and they had to look up last price which was 37.50. Four employees sighed when I bought it.
Why do people always say that? The employee cried, wanted it bad, sighed...etc??? Employees don't care. As if all four sighed at the same time. Lol

Why do people always say that? The employee cried, wanted it bad, sighed...etc??? Employees don't care. As if all four sighed at the same time. Lol
I gotta be honest I feel like if I was an employee at a store and there was an item I wanted I'd be price checking it until it hit the clearance cycle I wanted.

Not suffer some huge disappointment when a customer buys it.

Ha. That's the type of "discount" you normally see with Walmart clearance.
Walmart the clearance tease. Not to long ago they had a huge long row of clearance items in my store up front by the registers and I got excited until I noticed all the discounts were like a few cents to a couple bucks.

Still holding for 70% off possible this Friday ;)
I'd be cautious, I went to see the 50% toys go to 70% off last week and.....they all went salvage :dunce: Whole aisle that was toy clearance on both sides went salvage and majority of them where only 50%. This happened all over the Minneapolis area. I went to a store in Eau Claire, WI and they didn't have much but some of the stuff that went salvage in Minneapolis stores went 70% in WI. The store I went to is one that usually does not send stuff to Goodwill but would discount 75-90% off for a final markdown. Now at 50% all those toys went salvage! They still had that set you guys where interested in but its still 50% and I will check tomorrow to see if it gets another markdown or salvaged. I do all my toy shopping for my kids at the end of January and end of August because of Targets toy clearance. Now I have to be on the look out for other store discounts. I have to buy toys for 7 kids all together and rely on these clearance days. Oh well

There's some Samsung 50" 120Hz smart tv that's doing the clearance dance round these parts that I expect to hit 50% off next week at least at one store.  I'll try to grab the dpci next time I'm there if anyone's interested.  I think the 50% mark would put it just under $500?  I dunno.  I also don't think it'd fit in the space where my tv is now so I'm not sure why I'm stalking it.  Guess I just miss the hunt.

I'd be cautious, I went to see the 50% toys go to 70% off last week and.....they all went salvage :dunce: Whole aisle that was toy clearance on both sides went salvage and majority of them where only 50%. This happened all over the Minneapolis area. I went to a store in Eau Claire, WI and they didn't have much but some of the stuff that went salvage in Minneapolis stores went 70% in WI. The store I went to is one that usually does not send stuff to Goodwill but would discount 75-90% off for a final markdown. Now at 50% all those toys went salvage! They still had that set you guys where interested in but its still 50% and I will check tomorrow to see if it gets another markdown or salvaged. I do all my toy shopping for my kids at the end of January and end of August because of Targets toy clearance. Now I have to be on the look out for other store discounts. I have to buy toys for 7 kids all together and rely on these clearance days. Oh well
I'm assuming you actually checked the prices on the scanner, and not just trust the tags? A lot of stuff at my store had old tags, but scanned 70%. But yeah, some stuff gets salvaged early, or sold to other discount stores probably. Usually it doesn't stop at 50 unless the first tag started at 15% though.

I thought all ps2 bundles started at $99.  Those 2 games are definitely not worth the extra $30 today.  I doubt it will drop lower than 50% though, since it started at 15%.

Found this earlier at my local store. Did not buy it though. Hopefully this will reach 70% off.

Saw the same thing at a store today. It was in the glass case and I saw the clearance sticker. I got excited for a moment thinking it was super cheap but it was only 15% off.

That ps2 bundle remind me of several months ago when I found a ps2 /ps3 rock band drum kit set marked to $10 they were all dusty to as if it been sitting in the back hidden someplace

For those of you that were eyeing the Beast Hunters Predaking, I got it at my local Target for 65% off at $17.48. I thought that was an unusual percentage since when it first went on clearance at that specific location last week, it was only 30% off and it skipped the 50% next drop. I will probably check another two Targets tomorrow since I will be in that area. One of them had it at 50% off, so I wonder if it would have hit 70% as normal schedule or not.

IMG_20140206_124007.jpg

IMG_20140206_124018.jpg

For those of you that were eyeing the Beast Hunters Predaking, I got it at my local Target for 65% off at $17.48. I thought that was an unusual percentage since when it first went on clearance at that specific location last week, it was only 30% off and it skipped the 50% next drop. I will probably check another two Targets tomorrow since I will be in that area. One of them had it at 50% off, so I wonder if it would have hit 70% as normal schedule or not.

IMG_20140206_124007.jpg

IMG_20140206_124018.jpg

Thanks for the heads up man! I hit my Target after class, but my Target is still ultra-stingy, I got it for $20.64. Oh well, not bad regardless.

Checked another Target. Predaking is 75% here, $14.74. What a pain in the ass too get this guy.
They have them at every Target in my area. If someone is really interested in getting one, I wouldn't mind adding it to a shipment if they don't mind paying for it and shipping.

Yeah, every store I've been to has a metric  fuck -ton of these Predakings.  Unfortunately, most of the stores have the odd Target markup/surcharge on them so they list $60.99 as the original price.  Saw a ton today at $21.xx, thus the oddball 65% off.  Not sure if these would be worth picking up in bulk to resell down the road, maybe if they were sub $15.  Also saw tons of the two-pack constructobots Optimus vs. Megatron for $10 or so.

Yeah - saw NOTHING interesting except for the Transformers and a bunch of tents that finally went 70% off - but since I haven't opened my huge assed Eddie Bauer tent from 3 years ago, I did not feel the need to add another 15 person Swiss Army tent to my camping collection...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back