Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have them at every Target in my area. If someone is really interested in getting one, I wouldn't mind adding it to a shipment if they don't mind paying for it and shipping.

I was referring to the markdowns. Every store seems to have knocked Predaking down to various percentages; 50%, 65%, and 70%.
Over at TFW2005 boards, people have found it for $12.58, so that would make it at 75% now.
I wonder if it will hit 90% now at this rate?

This is not clearance, but a random find.  In the value game section they had the Saints Row Double Pack (1 & 2) for $20.

After buying 2 and 3 for $5 each from bestbuy's sale last week, I went looking for Saints Row 1 and it seems NOBODY sells it new anymore for any reasonable price.  It rings up as Saints Row 2 and I found it in that slot of the value games, so I think it is one of those random Target item grouping issues where they combined it with saints row 2.  I only saw it at one target, so it might be an extreme YMMV.

Here is the double pack going for $95 on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Double-Limited-Edition-360-Xbox/dp/B005D5LXO4/

No idea if it's overstock or what, but Super Target in Tinley Park IL has a bunch of Dark Souls "Greatest Hits" editions for $3.04

Xbox 360 was still $19.99. I missed the digital sale so decided to get a PS3 copy for myself. Finally hit the price point I wanted it for. $3.05 was too much.... but $3.04? Right on the spot!

Dunno if all the stores drooped them for the moment, but odds are just here.

3bwqw7T.jpg

No idea if it's overstock or what, but Super Target in Tinley Park IL has a bunch of Dark Souls "Greatest Hits" editions for $3.04

Xbox 360 was still $19.99. I missed the digital sale so decided to get a PS3 copy for myself. Finally hit the price point I wanted it for. $3.05 was too much.... but $3.04? Right on the spot!

3bwqw7T.jpg
what's DCPI # on Receipt ?

So many Predakings. They're around $25 here. 

I've found Prima guides for Pokemon X/Y, PM Sticker Star and NSMB2 for $4 recently. They had a few. 

Checked the St. Charles, MO location. Had a bunch of $2.98 calendars by the electronics, no good gaming stuff though.

Saw some good stuff in toys:
Predakings $17.xx
Spy cameras (12 or more) $13.98

Thinking about buying a few of those cameras for work. The higher ups won't spring for a Go Pro, want to get a few of these to show them why we need/want one.

These shoot 720p video and have 2gb of storage.

Hope when they go back they are under $10.

Went to Target today and found two Predakings marked 17.48. Can I return/price adjust a clearance item? I'm fine paying $17, but perhaps they'll drop to $12.

Off-topic: Saw 3 of the new MtG fat pack that came out yesterday. I left them there to grab last, and they were gone in the 15 minutes I was in the store. Grr. >__>

says DCPI is not valid, you may have one too many numbers. good find though, 3 bucks for a headache and some frustration!
Dark souls wasn´t a head ache for me I got the platinum trophy. Demons souls is my 2nd favorite PS3 game next to MGS4. I happened to buy demons souls on US reléase day October 6, 2009 after cancelling a pre-order for modern warfare 2. It was a true sleeper hit that from the start no one talked about it at all then it went on to have a cult following.

I recommend the games to anyone. Even casual players should give it a go just based on how good quality the game is.

The bad thing about the Price is its too cheap that most of the people going to get it now will hardly give it the time of day if they even manage to move it to the front of the backlog. Most people who wanted to play the game have already got to it by now and are waiting on dark souls 2.

Atlus Take Risk bring Demon Souls to the US.  The game selling slow very GOOD.  Namco Bandai take over and milking Dark Souls very well  (Million copies is sold) and Dark Souls 2 coming out soon :)  I never beat Demon Souls or Dark Souls  will waits for Dark Souls 2 for $20 or less and ready go get Kill over and over again!  This games is FREAKING HARD.

Why do those Dark Souls say "Greatest Hit/Grand Success? I've never seen it say anything other than GH.

I've seen Assassin's Creed II like that was well at a kmart, and Ni No Kuni like that at a target. Just a NA version instead of US specific I assume.

That's the right amount of numbers for a DPCI.

According to target.com that's the correct dpci
my bad, used the link in the OP. maybe I should try again.

and I wasn't trying to knock the Souls series. They are both great games in terms of atmosphere and gameplay. I was actually really motivated to track down Demon Souls once I got a PS3. But if you are going to sit there and suggest that the game is a breeze and does not have frustrating point, you either 1. had used a video walkthrough or 2. lying/bragging to make yourself feel good.

When I played both, I went in blind and got crushed at numerous points. Still, looking back, it is a great game.

3bwqw7T.jpg
No go at the Sawgrass, Plantation, and Aventura Targets in South Florida. They had them in stock but rung up 19.99.

Finally came across an online item at a decent price that was worth grabbing. Blus of 300, Troy, Gladiator and Braveheart were $2-3 a piece. They also had some of those Shinobi with the stylus for $10 again so I'll have to go back and grab one of those when I have some more cash.

Why do those Dark Souls say "Greatest Hit/Grand Success? I've never seen it say anything other than GH.
I'm assuming they live somewhere where it's beneficial to have something with French on it too, or in Canada? We used to have a lot of that here around Detroit back when I was younger but you don't see that very often now. Regardless, wish I had seen that sooner so I would have known to look while at Target tonight.

Saw Xbox 360 dual charge kit at my local target. DCPI 207 00 0632

Listed at 30% off for $20.98. They had three of them so I guess they are reducing 360 accessories.

I believe it was the Hawthorne store that had a boxset of PBS's Pride and Prejudice....on VHS!

Will update with pic and DPCI if needed!

Be on the look out for plenty of as is, repackaged, and whatever else. I know our store just did inventory yesterday. Stuff that is not on file gets labeled to be sold cheap most of the time.

Snagged a Predaking from my Target out here near Indy on Washington street i think? They had 2 left after i snagged one was clearance at $17.34. Also had copies of LR steel books too. I snagged one for PS3 but im thinking of returning it. Or should i hold onto it?

I'll mention the FIFA 14 Vita version was $12 @ the La Verne, CA. Target if anyone is interested in that reskin game.  (If you don't have any of them then it's a good deal, otherwise all the Vita FIFA games are the same with different skins.)

If anyone is looking for the Transformers Predaking in the Cleveland ,Ohio area they have 4-5 left at the $12.50 price at Fairview Park's target

Damn, there's an As Is/online item complete sopranos DVD set at a store for $129.99 ("regularly $199.99"), so I tried to negotiate it down with a manager per the As Is/online item method previously discussed but he wouldn't budge.

Be on the look out for plenty of as is, repackaged, and whatever else. I know our store just did inventory yesterday. Stuff that is not on file gets labeled to be sold cheap most of the time.
Saw a very faded copy of this in a cart at Target the other day: http://www.amazon.com/Hannah-Montana-Movie-John-Debney/dp/B001PK479O/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1392396321&sr=8-4&keywords=hannah+montana+cd

It looked like they found it in the back room and pulled it out. They hadn't labeled it yet or anything, but I'm assuming that's what'll happen.

Went back to the St. Charles, MO store yesterday and picked up one of those spy cameras for $8.38. Took some video with it on a drive at work. Not bad for $8.

Store has 18 more if anyone needs some.

Stone Oak, well 281 and Stone Oak. Also, do you work in the area? Do you know of a location I could find that Monster Hunter 3DS deal? Gonna try one off 35 soon.
Best of luck to you sir! I've been to damn near every SA location recently and it seems like every store either A.) doesn't have a clearance section or B.) has nothing but junk, definitely not games. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back