Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stone Oak, well 281 and Stone Oak. Also, do you work in the area? Do you know of a location I could find that Monster Hunter 3DS deal? Gonna try one off 35 soon.
Yeah dezavala ih10.
It was more of a fluke that we had it probably got returned after we stopped selling it at our store.
I know the one off 37 and military is whrre I managed to find skyward sword for 20

Yeah dezavala ih10.
It was more of a fluke that we had it probably got returned after we stopped selling it at our store.
I know the one off 37 and military is whrre I managed to find skyward sword for 20
More then likely cause if it had a as is/online clearance sticker on it that means that it was bought online and returned to store and when things are returned to store from a online purchase they usually mark them down drastically

More then likely cause if it had a as is/online clearance sticker on it that means that it was bought online and returned to store and when things are returned to store from a online purchase they usually mark them down drastically
Could you take advantage of this by ordering online returning and then buying again?

Could you take advantage of this by ordering online returning and then buying again?
No cause when you return something they have to hold on to it awhile and then over the next few days whenever they get around to it someone would have to reprice it then they would put it with the other clearance and it depend on how they want to do there as is/return pricing at that store I seen some stuff marked down as much as 80% off before then other times online items marked down only 10% off with finding as is/online labeled items it just a luck of the draw of being right location right time right day

Meh, I called De Zavala and they said they didn't have any at all. I guess its gone though of course the employee may have not given a legit answer. Don't feel like driving just for a small chance.

Found this the other day at my local Target.  Not directly game-related, unless you count preloaded games for your son or daughter.

If this shows up really huge, sorry.

UUKobd4.jpg

I don't know how much of this was newer clearance but there was a lot of LEGO clearance. The best sounding stuff was already gone but there was an X-wing that was like half off and will probably be gone the second it goes lower. Council of Elrond set for $15 as well. Saw a bunch of that big Transformer but was still $20 as well.

Meh, I called De Zavala and they said they didn't have any at all. I guess its gone though of course the employee may have not given a legit answer. Don't feel like driving just for a small chance.

Yeah target.com says online only so it wont show stock for the stores. If they are in store it is identified why whatever barcode the red sticker on it has

about a minute of effort?

http://www.target.com/p/spy-gear-panosphere-360-spy-cam/-/A-14511069#prodSlot=details_1_1&term=spy+camera

was hoping it would be viable as a dash cam. any opinons on that?
Sorry for my lack of effort this Sunday morning, assuming that was pointed at me.

I work for a city cable station and was looking for something to get fun video angles in places where we won't risk our field camera or GoPro.

It records 10 mins of video. The quality is alright. Raw files are .avi and appear fisheye. The "software" from the site is garbage. One of my coworkers is researching trying to unbend it with some software.

I put it on the rear view mirror and windshield and see me driving pretty well. Works well in good light. It even has a microphone!

Went to one Target that looked like all they did was discount everything by $3.  At another, picked up:

FFXIII-2 for 360 for $9.88

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time PS3 for $7.88 - glad I didn't bite on the Best Buy 2 for $25 deal last week as that was on my radar for the cross play with Vita!

i got lucky finding these, even got to talk with a nice guy about transformer games, movies, games etc not often i do that since i have no real life friends etc

Hopefully the 8-10 I saw at $20 on Friday will drop to $12 soon but if they do I'm sure they'll be gone when I go back for one, just like the three dozen Skyward Swords that were gone after I had seen them Wednesday.

Seems like clearance may be picking up again, haven't see much at mine since they moved it a month or so before Christmas.  Now where the PC titles used to be, they have all the "value" titles, and they just put most of the clearance games on the bottom shelf.  Found Kingdom Hearts DDD for $8 and nothing of note since.  They had a few games over by where they used to be but were really crappy Vita games.

Just a heads up that my Target has been moving clearance games (when available) to the toy section end-caps clearance sections.  I've even seen some items from electronics end up in in the clearance end-caps of sporting goods in other Target locations.  In other words, just cruise by the other end-caps outside electronics.

That actually looks kind of fun, I would probably buy one if I saw them. Were they just with the normal toys or is it one of those things they shoe horned into the sporting goods?

They were at one of the end caps near the toys section. I must have visited about 5 Target in my area and this was the only store I saw them in.

Sorry for my lack of effort this Sunday morning, assuming that was pointed at me.
I work for a city cable station and was looking for something to get fun video angles in places where we won't risk our field camera or GoPro.
It records 10 mins of video. The quality is alright. Raw files are .avi and appear fisheye. The "software" from the site is garbage. One of my coworkers is researching trying to unbend it with some software.
I put it on the rear view mirror and windshield and see me driving pretty well. Works well in good light. It even has a microphone!
I found some at 70% off for $12. Still a tad pricey for me; any chance this will go lower? (for video games the 70% would probably be as low as it goes, but I'm not sure about "toys")

saw :360: quick charge kits (for those play and charge batteries I guess?) for half off today. and all of the m&ms were gone from valentine's clearance. savages.

saw :360: quick charge kits (for those play and charge batteries I guess?) for half off today. and all of the m&ms were gone from valentine's clearance. savages.
I was at my target yesterday and there must have been about 200-300 bags of superbowl M&Ms (both peanut and plain) still on the clearance endcap near the food

Still no new videogame clearance at my store, but I did see an endcap where they dumped the remaining Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures figures everyone was buying a while back when the game came out.  They rang up for $1.50 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back