Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Thanks to that link drop earlier, kept watching my local Target for Rayman to drop to $12. Sure enough it does, the last one is still there , and it rings up $12![attachment=31866:IMG_20190222_174116.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Found Power A wired controllers for Nintendo Switch. They're all metallic colors

Legend of Zelda  Blue $14.98 207-00-0778

Metroid Red $14.98 207-00-0775

Mario Gold $14.98 207-00-0776

Peach Pink $20.98 207-00-0779

Found Power A wired controllers for Nintendo Switch. They're all metallic colors
Legend of Zelda Blue $14.98 207-00-0778
Metroid Red $14.98 207-00-0775
Mario Gold $14.98 207-00-0776
Peach Pink $20.98 207-00-0779
Anything for ps4 or Xbox one.

Thanks to that link drop earlier, kept watching my local Target for Rayman to drop to $12. Sure enough it does, the last one is still there , and it rings up $12!
attachicon.gif
IMG_20190222_174116.jpg
I want to say that I picked up Rayman for the same price over a year ago during the holidays, but it's been a while to be sure.

I want to say that I picked up Rayman for the same price over a year ago during the holidays, but it's been a while to be sure.
I think either GameStop or Best Buy had it and I wasn't able to snag it online at the time and wasn't part of my black Friday in store purchases. Same goes for Disgeae 5 but if haven't seen it clearence anywhere else to snag it.

Amazon Fire Stick dropped to $11.98 at a store near by. I only saw 1 in the clearance area, but it still shows in stock after purchasing.

I managed to pick up:

Pokemon X (3DS)

Pokemon Y (3DS)

Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS)

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (3DS)

Fantasy Life (3DS)

Knack (PS4)

Wolfenstein (XB1)

Wolfenstein (PS4)

Evil Within (XB1)

Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)

New Super Mario & Luigi U (Wii U, $19)

The only one I couldn't find was Super Smash Bros for Wii U, every store near me was cleaned out.

I managed to pick up:

Pokemon X (3DS)
Pokemon Y (3DS)
Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS)
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (3DS)
Fantasy Life (3DS)
Knack (PS4)
Wolfenstein (XB1)
Wolfenstein (PS4)
Evil Within (XB1)

The only one I couldn't find was Super Smash Bros for Wii U, every store near me was cleaned out.
Price from above games?

I managed to pick up:

Pokemon X (3DS)

Pokemon Y (3DS)

Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS)

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (3DS)

Fantasy Life (3DS)

Knack (PS4)

Wolfenstein (XB1)

Wolfenstein (PS4)

Evil Within (XB1)

Pretty sure this was meant for the Walmart thread

That's a weird way to spell "I'll leave in the corner of my garage until I die."
I'll have you know it'll sit in the corner of my Game Room to collect dust until I die! But yeah that's literally what would probably happen after I spend a bunch of time and money modding one.

I'll usually buy just about any game for $10 or under when it comes to current gen, but this is one of the few games that I wouldn't pay anything for. I love the WWE 2K series, but this port is literally unplayable and the hoops you have to jump through to get it to run in a manageable state is ridiculous. You can basically only play 1vs1 singles matches in smaller arenas with entrances turned off otherwise the game runs at an insanely low framerate.

Well I may have just bought it to get $16 somewhere else. 😁

I'm not a big fan of that but there were a shitload of copies so WTH sometimes.

Found Bravo Team PS4 today at a target at 70% off for $12. Checked reviews quickly on the spot and it’s rated as one of the worst games made. Passed.

Went to a Target I had never gone to that had 10ft HDMI cables for $3. https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=080-08-0655

They still had two copies of redout lightspeed edition for ps4 for $11.98 and two copies of Dynasty Warriors 9. He scanned them but they wouldn't come out so he told me he'd charge me the price on the sticker which was $19.98. Yeah no.
At least they used sticker price, they used target website price for those games with no prices.

Man, I hate how nonchalant some of these redshirts can be...I go to a Target that’s supposed to have :switch: Rayman Legends in stock via their website. I hit up the electronics rep (who clearly wants to spend his day anywhere but work, which I completely sympathize with) and give him the DPCI to check on his handheld scanner. He checks it and says, “Yeah, it says there’s 0 on the floor and 0 in the back, so we don’t have any.” I then told him that the website says they have stock, to which he replied, “Yeah, our inventory has been off since Black Friday and I haven’t fixed it yet.” I manage to get a glimpse at his scanner and see that there are supposed to be 12 copies of the game on-hand somewhere in the store...I inquire about that and all he says is, “Yeah, they must have been stolen oR misplaced or something...” I left in a bewildered state, wondering how an employee like that hasn’t been fired yet. [emoji58][emoji19][emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man, I hate how nonchalant some of these redshirts can be...I go to a Target that’s supposed to have :switch: Rayman Legends in stock via their website. I hit up the electronics rep (who clearly wants to spend his day anywhere but work, which I completely sympathize with) and give him the DPCI to check on his handheld scanner. He checks it and says, “Yeah, it says there’s 0 on the floor and 0 in the back, so we don’t have any.” I then told him that the website says they have stock, to which he replied, “Yeah, our inventory has been off since Black Friday and I haven’t fixed it yet.” I manage to get a glimpse at his scanner and see that there are supposed to be 12 copies of the game on-hand somewhere in the store...I inquire about that and all he says is, “Yeah, they must have been stolen oR misplaced or something...” I left in a bewildered state, wondering how an employee like that hasn’t been fired yet. [emoji58][emoji19][emoji849]

At that point I'd play dumb and just ask somebody else to check their scanner.

A Target near me had a bunch of 3DS games in the clearance section. But all of the games ring up for $39.99 on the scanner I used in the store. Had Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest and Dragon Quest VII.

I can provide some insight on how the inventory at Target works. The website number count is hardly ever accurate. It doesn't really matter if the app/website says that they have so and so item at the store. If the game isn't found in its location on the floor/shelves, then the only reliable way to get the game if it has an "in the back" location. Just about every employee will grab the item if it did have an "in the back" location. So if that number happens to be zero, then you are SOL. Also, the "on the floor" numbers are meaningless, so don't ever go by that.

Now, on the other hand, the on-hand count is how much they "should" have in the store. But that number doesn't take into account that some of the stock could be lost, stolen, misplaced, or if the system failed to accurately update when a purchase/return/etc. is made.

So if that on-hand count number is low (I'm talking like 4 and under), chances are that the item is no longer at the store. But if it is a sizable number like 12, as in your situation, it probably is in the store, but god knows where. It could have been picked up by a customer and left on a random shelf, or it could be in the "go-backs" area, or it could even still be in a box on a pallet somewhere that has yet to be unloaded. For someone to actually go find and retrieve one of these items would be incredibly time-consuming and simply not worth the hassle, especially someone like an electronics employee who needs to be on standby in his area.

So if you asked an employee to go look for one of these "on-hand" stock, the best they could do is look around the area where the item should have been to see if it was misplaced nearby, or they will give an answer similar to what you got. From what I read, everything he said is actually true, believe it or not.

A Target near me had a bunch of 3DS games in the clearance section. But all of the games ring up for $39.99 on the scanner I used in the store. Had Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest and Dragon Quest VII.
They already clearanced Dragon Quest a couple times, I think at this point that title will be relegated to the same fate as Kirby: Epic Yarn, Metroid: Other M and Fortune Street as Games That Stay On The Shelves Forever Because Clearancing Them Couldn't Quite Get Rid Of Them and they won't even bother again. I don't think I've seen Conquest clearanced though at Target ever, but some Walmarts have been selling Conquest and Birthright for $19 if you want to check them out.

They already clearanced Dragon Quest a couple times, I think at this point that title will be relegated to the same fate as Kirby: Epic Yarn, Metroid: Other M and Fortune Street as Games That Stay On The Shelves Forever Because Clearancing Them Couldn't Quite Get Rid Of Them and they won't even bother again. I don't think I've seen Conquest clearanced though at Target ever, but some Walmarts have been selling Conquest and Birthright for $19 if you want to check them out.
Oddly enough, a store near me finally put Fortune Street on clearance. Still $20.

I can provide some insight on how the inventory at Target works. The website number count is hardly ever accurate. It doesn't really matter if the app/website says that they have so and so item at the store. If the game isn't found in its location on the floor/shelves, then the only reliable way to get the game if it has an "in the back" location. Just about every employee will grab the item if it did have an "in the back" location. So if that number happens to be zero, then you are SOL. Also, the "on the floor" numbers are meaningless, so don't ever go by that.

Now, on the other hand, the on-hand count is how much they "should" have in the store. But that number doesn't take into account that some of the stock could be lost, stolen, misplaced, or if the system failed to accurately update when a purchase/return/etc. is made.

So if that on-hand count number is low (I'm talking like 4 and under), chances are that the item is no longer at the store. But if it is a sizable number like 12, as in your situation, it probably is in the store, but god knows where. It could have been picked up by a customer and left on a random shelf, or it could be in the "go-backs" area, or it could even still be in a box on a pallet somewhere that has yet to be unloaded. For someone to actually go find and retrieve one of these items would be incredibly time-consuming and simply not worth the hassle, especially someone like an electronics employee who needs to be on standby in his area.

So if you asked an employee to go look for one of these "on-hand" stock, the best they could do is look around the area where the item should have been to see if it was misplaced nearby, or they will give an answer similar to what you got. From what I read, everything he said is actually true, believe it or not.
Thanks for the insight. I actually used to work for Target many moons ago, but they changed their system and many other things since then, so I’m sure it’s like working for an entirely different company now. In any case, that makes a lot of sense about the “on-hand” status of the game, though the sheer incompetence of losing 12 copies of a game for a system as currently popular as the Switch seems extra pathetic to me. You win some, you lose some.

Coming soon to endcap near you:

Pillars of Eternity Complete Edition :ps4:

TES Morrowind :ps4:

Life Is Strange Escape the Storm :ps4:

RE 7 Gold :ps4:

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

There is a target near me that completely removed so many games off of clearance and is a wall of As-is games that is way too high priced. 

I can also add some second hand info about Target. My buddy has worked backroom and stock for years. He's told me so many times they are mismanaged as hell. They had a stack of Assassin's Creed hardback artbooks in the back. Never made it to shelves for months, then someone in charge put a clearance sticker on them for 2 bucks. He bought us each one.

Inventory will scan as there but it's not found. Often someone has hid it he says. Just the hilarity of how incompetent the stores are cracks me up

my store finally dropped jurassic world evolution to 17.98. i snagged the last copy........ then i read the ign review.....

All X1

Need For Speed Payback $3.04 (207-32-1001)
LA Noire $4.54 (207-32-1781)
Sonic Forces $6.04 (207-32-1775)

Sonic Forces standard and the bonus edition are combined, so they are both $6.

wtf. brickseek shows oos at all stores for sonic forces, and "N. A." as the price. anybody know what that means? I held a copy of this game in my hand at my local store earlier today, but i (apparently foolishly) didn't price check it.

edit:also thanks alex for posting.

bread's done
Back