Target Clearance Thread XXIV

All X1

Need For Speed Payback $3.04 (207-32-1001)
LA Noire $4.54 (207-32-1781)
Sonic Forces $6.04 (207-32-1775)

Sonic Forces standard and the bonus edition are combined, so they are both $6.
These titles will be an extreme YMMV because the prices you list are well below the 70% off threshold.

my store finally dropped jurassic world evolution to 17.98. i snagged the last copy........ then i read the ign review.....
There are roughly 20 these at one of my local Target at this price. Still there...waiting.

It's been weeks now.

Lucky you. Not one store in my area still has this in stock and I would totally buy it at $17.98.
Well I don't plan on going to that Target anytime soon, but should I be, I'll send you a DM if you want about shipping it.

I bought JW-evo for 17.98 and thought it was worth the price. I love Jurassic Park and the game is addictive. 

I'm sure this isn't too novel but had a Target yesterday show two different prices for the same game.

WWE 2k18 switch rang up $8.98 and $20.98 (in the same store).

There aren't two versions of it right?

Last edited by a moderator:
wtf. brickseek shows oos at all stores for sonic forces, and "N. A." as the price. anybody know what that means? I held a copy of this game in my hand at my local store earlier today, but i (apparently foolishly) didn't price check it.

edit:also thanks alex for posting.
In my experience this usually means that the item has been removed from the system but there are some "on hand" stock still listed.

Well I don't plan on going to that Target anytime soon, but should I be, I'll send you a DM if you want about shipping it.
Could you message me as well? The game is sold out in my area, but I definitely want to try it out. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

wtf. brickseek shows oos at all stores for sonic forces, and "N. A." as the price. anybody know what that means? I held a copy of this game in my hand at my local store earlier today, but i (apparently foolishly) didn't price check it.

edit:also thanks alex for posting.
N.A. means they took it out of their system, so if you do find it, whatever sticker price it had is what they're going to charge you. OR if you get an employee who knows how to work their scanner, they'll charge you the last lowest price it had before being taken out of the system.

buying a game just because it skyrockets in value later really gets people off around here.

I get excited when I find something on steep clearance with frontloaded value; something expensive that I needed or was already considering buying at its regular price. Those are the best finds.

Even something as small as when I go to Target to buy Kickstarts, they are on sale for $.99 and then there happens to be a 25% off cartwheel stacked on top of it too.
Agreed. Like my $150 beats for $50. Or a $150 Fitbit for $50. Love those kinda deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate the offer, though I'm probably just going to wait it out and see if another store near me drops it to around $20.

well, i guess i should appreciate finding it then. though its going to be doomed to the same pile as shenmue and xcom 2........dusty, unopened, and neglected. its a sad state of affairs for these poor little guys.....cue the sad violin music.

Could you message me as well? The game is sold out in my area, but I definitely want to try it out. Thanks!

Same here, this game has been evading me since it hit 17.98 :whistle2:(

Would love a PS4 copy of Jurassic World Evolution, but no store around me has it...

Same for me, found one copy except was scanned two weeks ago for $29,99. Now, it’s gone.
Did all of you still want a copy of the game? There's a local Target not too far from where I work that's supposed to have a bunch of them in stock for $18. I have a prior commitment tonight, but I can check for you after work tomorrow if you'd like. Let me know either in this thread or via PM. Thanks!

Did all of you still want a copy of the game? There's a local Target not too far from where I work that's supposed to have a bunch of them in stock for $18. I have a prior commitment tonight, but I can check for you after work tomorrow if you'd like. Let me know either in this thread or via PM. Thanks!
Thank you! I'll take one if they have it. Thanks a bunch!

well, i guess i should appreciate finding it then. though its going to be doomed to the same pile as shenmue and xcom 2........dusty, unopened, and neglected. its a sad state of affairs for these poor little guys.....cue the sad violin music.
You don't want to know how many factory sealed Target clearance games that I have. One night, I was awakened by the sound of them crashing onto the floor when the stack gave way.

You don't want to know how many factory sealed Target clearance games that I have. One night, I was awakened by the sound of them crashing onto the floor when the stack gave way.
Man im unique... every once in awhile I will buy a clearance game to flip but most of the time I only buy them If I want them and will eventually play them.... I dont understand the got to get them all because they are on clearance lol not saying thats you just some people are like that even buying clearance titles for consoles they dont own or wont...

Man im unique... every once in awhile I will buy a clearance game to flip but most of the time I only buy them If I want them and will eventually play them.... I dont understand the got to get them all because they are on clearance lol not saying thats you just some people are like that even buying clearance titles for consoles they dont own or wont...
I used to buy games all of the time and they would just sit. I don't do that anymore, not sure what clicked, but I buy to play and then usually part with them. Anti backlog.

the massive backlog is a very common problem around here. too driven by the thrill of the deal, realistic concerns over having time to play come secondary.

i like to call it "CAG-plague"...... who do i talk to about a trademark there?

If the game costs between $5 and $10, I typically won't think long about buying if it's one that I'm even moderately interested in. $15 is now my cap for games new or used. Anything that costs more than that is too much. And I have been playing down my backlog lately, but I'm starting with PS3 and Steam games. I don't expect to get to the current gen games that aren't already installed on my PS4 or Xbox One for months.

If the game costs between $5 and $10, I typically won't think long about buying if it's one that I'm even moderately interested in. $15 is now my cap for games new or used. Anything that costs more than that is too much. And I have been playing down my backlog lately, but I'm starting with PS3 and Steam games. I don't expect to get to the current gen games that aren't already installed on my PS4 or Xbox One for months.

Me on the other hand, I check this thread each time it's bumped just to make sure I'm not missing out on someone posting a new clearance game.

I used to be that way. Ten years later and I have hundreds of new/sealed games going back multiple console generations. $10 here and there x100 adds up. Realizing how much I wasted that's sitting around in my attic was a wake up call a few years ago.

I used to be that way. Ten years later and I have hundreds of new/sealed games going back multiple console generations. $10 here and there x100 adds up. Realizing how much I wasted that's sitting around in my attic was a wake up call a few years ago.
I'm getting there, and I'll probably be there sooner than you might think. I've been playing video games since I was 3, and I'll be 40 next Thursday. My goal is to seriously reduce the number of games that I buy at that point. Why age 40? Why not? I won't lie and say I won't buy games anymore, but I am planning to allot myself a very small gaming budget each month and stick to it no matter what. That means using Bing Rewards and gift cards to fund the majority of my purchases from that point on. But the Target clearance shelf will still be the first place that I stop by when I head into that store.

Can we start a "Recovering video game purchasing addicts with ridiculous backlog" discussion group in the non-deals section? I have been playing games since I was 3 when I remember playing night stalker on the intellivision. We didn't have a ton of money so there were always games I wanted but couldn't afford. Now, games are so cheap I would go crazy buying them if I think I may even feel the smallest bit of regret for not picking them up when I saw them cheap. I've slowed down a lot lately but I have so many Wii games I will never play mostly because they were 3 dollars or less.

Can we start a "Recovering video game purchasing addicts with ridiculous backlog" discussion group in the non-deals section? I have been playing games since I was 3 when I remember playing night stalker on the intellivision. We didn't have a ton of money so there were always games I wanted but couldn't afford. Now, games are so cheap I would go crazy buying them if I think I may even feel the smallest bit of regret for not picking them up when I saw them cheap. I've slowed down a lot lately but I have so many Wii games I will never play mostly because they were 3 dollars or less.
I also started my video game addiction at the young age of 3 years old. I was a pretty lucky kid and my parents bought me a lot of games and consoles over the years from the NES all the way to the PS2 before I had to start buying them myself. Losing GCU has slowed me down a bit, but I can't say I am buying games at a pace that isn't continuing to clog my backlog up. This year alone I've probably bought at least a dozen games already.

On my previous site I did two "special events" called Backlog Quest where I committed myself to being able to publish a game review every day for a month. My goal being to finally play and get rid of some of my backlog. Plowed through about 60 games while doing so. 

Made very little dent in the backlog. 

I agree with you guys. It’s the thrill of it.
Exactly! It's all about the thrill of the deal and I'll buy just about any game for $10 or less. I also long for the days you could go into just about any flea market, garage sale, thrift shop, etc. and find awesome deals on great (now considered retro) games. With the internet and the popularity of video games exploding into what it is today it's so rare to come across amazing deals anymore. I just picked up a copy of Typing of the Dead and a Dreamcast Keyboard, both complete for $35, which is the best find I've had in quite some time.

I also used to buy almost every game that I saw that was under $5 unless it was a horrible game during the PS2/GameCube/XBox generation of consoles and for much of last generation. It was difficult not to when so many stores like Sears, Kmart, TRU and Circuit City all had regular clearance deals. I also agree it was about the thrill of finding the games. It was a lot of fun to go into a store with your printed list, find a game tagged for $49.99 and know it would scan for a few dollars. I didn't have time to play every game and ended up not finishing most of them. Now I only buy games I really want and try to finish every new game I buy.

I also used to buy almost every game that I saw that was under $5 unless it was a horrible game during the PS2/GameCube/XBox generation of consoles and for much of last generation. It was difficult not to when so many stores like Sears, Kmart, TRU and Circuit City all had regular clearance deals. I also agree it was about the thrill of finding the games. It was a lot of fun to go into a store with your printed list, find a game tagged for $49.99 and know it would scan for a few dollars. I didn't have time to play every game and ended up not finishing most of them. Now I only buy games I really want and try to finish every new game I buy.

I 100% every game I play. Unfortunately with some games like Assassin's Creed nowadays, their length is extended with bloat, and I suffer through to finish some games. Now I have a bunch of RPGs I'm dying to play like Persona 5 or Kingdom Hearts, though I know they're 100 hour games and that will take me months just to play one.

Gamepass on Xbox has stopped me from buying most clearance games.  I see these games at the store and instead of saying "too cheap to pass up", I now say "no sense paying for this when it will probably be on gamepass sometime soon".

I sure am going to miss physical games if and when the consoles go full digital. Hopefully we have one more generation of physical games in store for us.

Absolutely!

I sure am going to miss physical games if and when the consoles go full digital. Hopefully we have one more generation of physical games in store for us.
This depends wholly on internet advancement. I'd say at least 2 generations, because if it will cost MS/Sony ANY money, they wont go full digital. Many countries are way behind and areas in the states are on slow or satellite wifi with heavy lag and data caps because lines arent down, or they have no incentive to put time and money to improve if theyre the only game in town. Gaming consoles going digital only wont change that, unless MS/Sony start offering a wifi service.

I can't sympathize with you all. I have over 3,000 games and I honestly feel I have nothing in it. Buying in lots, flipping thrift finds and doubles, gamestop credit hustle, etc. It doesn't bother me when I know I don't even have 25% the value in cost in my collection. Maybe I'm the unique one. I have zero regret or desire to stop any time soon

to anyone still looking for jurassic world. gamefly has it for $30. not as good as 18, i know. but still better than gamestops $45. just thought i'd put that out there

Only one stack? :whistle2: I now try to move them into boxes when I can. Too many tower falls and risk of damaging precious rare finds. Larger diaper or frito lay 30 pack boxes you get from costco work well, can pack a lot in there without getting too heavy to move, and outside is a shinier finish that won't deteriorate/turn dusty as badly as some cardboard shipping boxes. But now I have towers of boxes...

But the funny thing is I think MOST of my collection can be sold for at least what I paid for it and usually more, not even counting the rare items that multiplied in value. Almost any new, sealed game is worth at least $5.98 or $8.98. If I ever get around to the effort of selling anything, the return is probably better than if I had invested it, or more likely sat on it in a low interest savings account.

Found Robinson the Journey PS4 VR with a "repackaged" sticker for $28, but still had an uncovered barcode.   Store scanner rang as not in system, phone ap rang as $19.99 in my store, checkout scanner rang as $39.99.  Got a nice set of red shirts in CS that gave it to me for $19.99.

In the matter of a few days had the Jurassic World game go from being marked $41.98 (but scanning at $17.98) to still being marked $41.98 but scanning at $39.99

Not sure what happened...

Man, the mention of Night Stalker brings back memories! That and Tron on the Intellivision, with those crazy controllers that looked like phones (1-9 interface), where you had to slide the a little plastic-like sheet from each game into place to have an idea of the controls.

It’s amazing how far the industry has come in just a short amount of time, both with hardware and software. Now it really has become the issue of too many games and not enough time.

Personally, I find it’s hard to turn down deals (especially when games hit the sub $10 price point). I do wonder at what point game collecting crosses over into game hoarding—I’ve probably crossed that threshold already. So far in 2019 I’ve made only one purchase, but I know once the holiday season sales roll around, I’ll probably cave again and play catch up on the big games missed.

I do wonder when the industry shifts more towards digital whether that will be a better or worse thing for my buying habits. If people talking about their Steam libraries says anything, I’m probably in for a world of pain.

In the matter of a few days had the Jurassic World game go from being marked $41.98 (but scanning at $17.98) to still being marked $41.98 but scanning at $39.99

Not sure what happened...
I just had the exact same experience right now at two different Targets: both supposedly had multiple stock of JW:E according to both their website and BrickSeek, but neither store could find a single copy of the game. Not only that, when I scanned the barcode I printed out from BrickSeek at the in-store scanner and with my phone using the stores’ Wi-Fi, the price came up as $39.99 rather than $17.98. Apologies to the CAGs I was trying to grab the extra copies for...it appears you’ll have to find someone else to get them.

I also started my video game addiction at the young age of 3 years old. I was a pretty lucky kid and my parents bought me a lot of games and consoles over the years from the NES all the way to the PS2 before I had to start buying them myself. Losing GCU has slowed me down a bit, but I can't say I am buying games at a pace that isn't continuing to clog my backlog up. This year alone I've probably bought at least a dozen games already.
Your post made me look up what I've bought this year (physically). I'm doing pretty great! I've made 4 pre-orders, paid for 2 games I pre-ordered last year, and made 1 purchase (not even mine).

bread's done
Back