Target Clearance Thread XXIV

I just had the exact same experience right now at two different Targets: both supposedly had multiple stock of JW:E according to both their website and BrickSeek, but neither store could find a single copy of the game. Not only that, when I scanned the barcode I printed out from BrickSeek at the in-store scanner and with my phone using the stores’ Wi-Fi, the price came up as $39.99 rather than $17.98. Apologies to the CAGs I was trying to grab the extra copies for...it appears you’ll have to find someone else to get them.
Target will entice you with a lower price, but once you're in store, it will use your phone's GPS to change the price based on your proximity to the store.

The people in this thread saying they've only made 2 or 3 game purchases thjs year have got me being introspective lol. I must have bought at least 50-100 games since the start of 2019, probably more. Some were wicked cheap, less than Target clearance prices, others not so much. I know I can't be alone here.

My Target now has the PS Classic for $39.99 now. Even Target.com has it for that price as well. I might pick one up and wait for a price drop to get more. Oh wait, Best Buy has it for the same price. I'll grab one there instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your post made me look up what I've bought this year (physically). I'm doing pretty great! I've made 4 pre-orders, paid for 2 games I pre-ordered last year, and made 1 purchase (not even mine).

The people in this thread saying they've only made 2 or 3 game purchases thjs year have got me being introspective lol. I must have bought at least 50-100 games since the start of 2019, probably more. Some were wicked cheap, less than Target clearance prices, others not so much. I know I can't be alone here.
I should reiterate that the games I have purchased in 2019 which is probably closer to 20 at this point as I bought a few over the weekend are not all new releases. As far as new releases go I have bought like 6 or 7 thus far. If I had GCU still though I would have bought at least 10 or 12 by now.

The only thing I've spent money on entertainment-wise this year outside of streaming accounts is reserving Days Gone through that B2G1F deal awhile back. My backlog is just too massive, and I've picked up nearly everything I'd want this side of a Switch purchase...but I'm waiting on news about that redesign coming up.

My Target now has the PS Classic for $39.99 now. Even Target.com has it for that price as well. I might pick one up and wait for a price drop to get more. Oh wait, Best Buy has it for the same price. I'll grab one there instead.

It's been $40 for weeks now.

Target will entice you with a lower price, but once you're in store, it will use your phone's GPS to change the price based on your proximity to the store.
Nah, this was different than that...like, I’d been in both stores before and stuff that was 70% off clearance (both tagged and via in-store/phone app scanner) was reset to MSRP. I think that’s why BrickSeek started showing “N.A.” for pricing on that Jurassic World PS4 game.

Either:

1) You're trolling
2) You're new here and don't trust regulars
3) The internet doesn't convey tone, to which your posts comes off as pretty rude

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/369385-expired-playstation-classic-3999-walmart/

It's been $40 for well over a month at walmart, then Best Buy matched and has had it at that price ever since.
I took his post to mean it was finally $40 at Target, not elsewhere, but maybe I misread it. I will say I’ve noticed the PS Classic still being marked as high as $99.99 in some of the Targets I’ve visited as recently as last week, but there’s always some kind of in-store coupon or sale that has them down to $59.99. Still happy about that PM + 40% off Cartwheel I was able to take advantage of not too long ago...made the three PSCs I bought come out to $36 each.

I took his post to mean it was finally $40 at Target, not elsewhere, but maybe I misread it. I will say I’ve noticed the PS Classic still being marked as high as $99.99 in some of the Targets I’ve visited as recently as last week, but there’s always some kind of in-store coupon or sale that has them down to $59.99. Still happy about that PM + 40% off Cartwheel I was able to take advantage of not too long ago...made the three PSCs I bought come out to $36 each.

I can see your point. $40 at target, walmart, or amazon honestly is irrelevant though since all the retailers pricematch one another. I'm still sitting on my target $36 PSC too, sealed and in my attic. Maybe one day I'll open it.

It's been $40 for weeks because you price match to other stores. I was talking about Target alone and not the other retail stores. I wasn't trying to be rude. It's been $59.99 for a while and finally dropped.  

All this talk about curbing spending for the year made me look at my collection. I honestly haven't bought anything since December besides the annual pass for destiny 2, and that was only because I had some expiring credit.
So somehow my spending for 2019 has only been $1.2x. this won't last

I thought I was doing good until I went to my doctor and had to pop by the store near her office. The family Dollar is going out of business and clearanced out everything 50%. Since I don't go there often, the pickings were abysmal but I grabbed a couple games. Now I'm like, "Daddy needs more!"

I just had the exact same experience right now at two different Targets: both supposedly had multiple stock of JW:E according to both their website and BrickSeek, but neither store could find a single copy of the game. Not only that, when I scanned the barcode I printed out from BrickSeek at the in-store scanner and with my phone using the stores’ Wi-Fi, the price came up as $39.99 rather than $17.98. Apologies to the CAGs I was trying to grab the extra copies for...it appears you’ll have to find someone else to get them.
If you used the barcode scanner of the Target app, i have encountered similar issues with it bringing up full price while the in-store scanner and checkout will give the correct price.

It may also be that brickseek was reporting the new markdown price as i think electronics price drops happen monday or tuesday, but may have changed.

But if they could not find any copies on the floor or in the back, then it won't matter much.

I have experienced items being nowhere to be found and then suddenly on an end cap a week or so later.

The whole GPS location determining pricing in the app definitely confuses things as you may get a different price showing up than you expect. Target.com will obviously always shows the online price while the app usually does if you are a certain distance from the store. In general, it should display the instore price when searching for an item while the barcode scanner seems to vary between online price, instore price, or potentially not being found at all.

If you used the barcode scanner of the Target app, i have encountered similar issues with it bringing up full price while the in-store scanner and checkout will give the correct price.

It may also be that brickseek was reporting the new markdown price as i think electronics price drops happen monday or tuesday, but may have changed.

But if they could not find any copies on the floor or in the back, then it won't matter much.

I have experienced items being nowhere to be found and then suddenly on an end cap a week or so later.

The whole GPS location determining pricing in the app definitely confuses things as you may get a different price showing up than you expect. Target.com will obviously always shows the online price while the app usually does if you are a certain distance from the store. In general, it should display the instore price when searching for an item while the barcode scanner seems to vary between online price, instore price, or potentially not being found at all.
The issue I had (and the other poster I think) was that it rang up $17.98 and then 2-3 days later reverted back to a $39.99 price.

The issue I had (and the other poster I think) was that it rang up $17.98 and then 2-3 days later reverted back to a $39.99 price.
Ok. I have had that occur before as well. Certainly seems odd to put something on clearance and then raise the price back to retail after an certain time limit or perhaps quantity sold.

Ok. I have had that occur before as well. Certainly seems odd to put something on clearance and then raise the price back to retail after an certain time limit or perhaps quantity sold.
Yeah, I've noticed this before for other items as well...for example, :switch: Ultra Street Fighter II was on clearance for $11.98 at the Target near my office as recently as three months ago, but they just a little while ago changed it back to MSRP (both Brickseek and Target.com list the item as $39.99 or N.A.).

Sometimes a restock makes a game go back to full price. I have also seen it where a game is on clearance, restocked as a Greatest Hits (or Platinum Hits) version and entered into the price system at 70% off price for a few days and then goes to MSRP.

Sometimes a restock makes a game go back to full price. I have also seen it where a game is on clearance, restocked as a Greatest Hits (or Platinum Hits) version and entered into the price system at 70% off price for a few days and then goes to MSRP.
Didn’t something similar happen to Project Cars or Dying Light or one of those games that got a Greatest Hits relabel for the PS4?

Didn’t something similar happen to Project Cars or Dying Light or one of those games that got a Greatest Hits relabel for the PS4?
Quite the opposite for Dying Light: they reactivated 70% clearance price of Dying Light vanilla edition and used it for the GH GoTY edition. It stay like that for a long time too.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I've seen this happen a lot at Target too.

Quite the opposite for Dying Light: they reactivated 70% clearance price of Dying Light vanilla edition and used it for the GH GoTY edition. It stay like that for a long time too.

I was just at my Target the other day and they had loads of copies of the new GH version of Dying Light: The Following but I just assumed they were $20-30. Are you saying it would be $6-9 (assuming 70% clearance)?

1. You can get Mew from trading so its not the end of the world if you wanted to use the ball.

2. Do you mean Mewtwo? You can't get Mew in R/G/B/Y. Not unless you hack or go to one of the giveaways at a Gamestop/EB HmGames or Toys R Us.
No, there's an easy way to get a level 7 Mew in R/G/B/Y. No hacking or promotions required.

I was just at my Target the other day and they had loads of copies of the new GH version of Dying Light: The Following but I just assumed they were $20-30. Are you saying it would be $6-9 (assuming 70% clearance)?
No, $15 was the 70% clearance price of Dying Light vanilla. They reused it for GH version. You could wait for a clearance for these GH, but who knows when that gonna be.

This is the stupid crap I find around my area on clearance lol

Dam it pic didnt post with this.

It was a pic of a sonic game for 29.99 on clearance for 29.99

This is the stupid crap I find around my area on clearance lol

Dam it pic didnt post with this.

It was a pic of a sonic game for 29.99 on clearance for 29.99

That was from me! Always interesting to find stupid clearance or sale prices. Today I found Apple Watch accessories on locking pegs in the accessory aisle... and the packaging had hanger hooks, they come right off!

Saw Vampyr for PS4 and One marked down to $29.98 today. MSRP is $39.99 right now.

PS4 version --> https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-34-1721

One version --> https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-32-1721
Thanks for this...quite a few local stores around me with healthy stock and at this price point. None of them having Dying Light in stock, though...I guess it’s been too long to hope for still having it at 70% off clearance, thought from all I’ve heard $20 is still not bad for the quality of the game and DLC you get.

How strange. For the longest time it was at full MSRP and then suddenly wam 30-50% off. Didn't even get a sale, just straight to clearance.

I can see your point. $40 at target, walmart, or amazon honestly is irrelevant though since all the retailers pricematch one another. I'm still sitting on my target $36 PSC too, sealed and in my attic. Maybe one day I'll open it.
Lmao it's already in the attic? I don't even know what's in my attic, besides the spiders, ghosts, and murderers.

Lmao it's already in the attic? I don't even know what's in my attic, besides the spiders, ghosts, and murderers.

Didn't feel like hooking it up yet since my entertainment stand looks perfect the way I have it. Plus I'd have to swap HDMI's from the other Nintendo classics to this as well. I have my stand wired perfectly and clean, just never felt like adding more to it yet.

How strange. For the longest time it was at full MSRP and then suddenly wam 30-50% off. Didn't even get a sale, just straight to clearance.
Reminds of that batch of games last year that went straight from MSRP to 70% off without warning...I think that PS4 Digimon game was one of them, IIRC.

I've been wanting to pick up the Anki overdrive set but I missed it when it went on clearance. Was in Target the other day and saw it on the shelf. Brought to the register and was told it was $150, I took it to the service desk and lady was nice and I told her it was clearanced out a while ago so I know the price should be lower. Picked it up for about $40 :D

I haven't seen anything but the fast and furious edition for months now. I was able to pick up a few of the clearance cars before Christmas but missed the sets. Finally I can use the cars I picked up. 

I thought I was doing good until I went to my doctor and had to pop by the store near her office. The family Dollar is going out of business and clearanced out everything 50%. Since I don't go there often, the pickings were abysmal but I grabbed a couple games. Now I'm like, "Daddy needs more!"
Family Dollar has a few PS4 and Xbox One games from time to time. I backlogged Mass Effect: Andromeda and Titanfall 2 from there. Great deals for games that I'll probably never play!

Why are the 2018 Black Wired Nintendo Gamecube Smash controllers going for $50+ on ebay? Were they only available for a certain time? My Target had some but l don't even play smash. 

bread's done
Back