Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Why are the 2018 Black Wired Nintendo Gamecube Smash controllers going for $50+ on ebay? Were they only available for a certain time? My Target had some but l don't even play smash.
Like everything Nintendo does, they only shipped them out for a limited time after Smash Ultimate came out. After seeing them do the same thing during Smash 4, I had the foresight to pick up a few for myself. My eighteen year old original Gamecube controllers needed a break.

Had to do a late night Target run yesterday for diapers and medicine for my sick nine month-old daughter and saw a new game on clearance: maybe a new round of games is getting marked down soon?
c62a3f2a7d895cd1dabe1181d4ab3a2c.jpg

:pS4:
Tennis World Tour - $39.99 => $19.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-34-0027

Lol I grabbed a copy to see for myself since a used copy is over $30 at GS. Also noticed the XB1 version is also $19.99, although it's not marked as clearance.

Couple random cell phone accessories on clearance. Sorry for the orientation fail.

[attachment=31966:rRAUxR0 - Imgur.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Like everything Nintendo does, they only shipped them out for a limited time after Smash Ultimate came out. After seeing them do the same thing during Smash 4, I had the foresight to pick up a few for myself. My eighteen year old original Gamecube controllers needed a break.
I wasn't sure if they were Gamecube compatible, then I sort of forgot about them and so I never got any. I hope I can still find one or two out there somewhere.

Went into a target that was previously cleaned out of clearance ps4 games and there were games on the back end cap such as shaq-fu, jurassic evo, farm simulation, and others that scanned out of system :/ 

I heard people get games in this situation at the last discounted price, is there a procedure or is it just luck?

Went into a target that was previously cleaned out of clearance ps4 games and there were games on the back end cap such as shaq-fu, jurassic evo, farm simulation, and others that scanned out of system :/

I heard people get games in this situation at the last discounted price, is there a procedure or is it just luck?
If they’re already out of the system, your best bet is to go to Guest Services and ask someone (usually a manager) who has access to a handheld scanner to see what the last price was it was sold for in their system. Chances are a “regular” redshirt won’t know or have access to what needs to be done.

The repackage game endcap at my Target hit 70%+. I picked up:

DDwI4Ba.jpg

There wasn't much left of PS4, but decent selection for Xbox One (which I don't have). Full endcap:

4ehLzH0.jpg

Because these are repackage games, BS may be able to show you inventory but not sale price. Like for :ps4: Adventure Time 207-34-1810, BS says my store is out of stock (it had two, I bought one) and that the price is $29.99 rather than $5.01. You have to check in store every so often for these repackage deals.

If anyone lives near the Burlington MA Target, they still have a bunch of Fire Emblem Warriors marked 11.98 as of last week. They ring up as out of system but since they're priced they'll just put the price in when you check out. I picked up the last Monster Hunter Stories they had. Also have pop sockets for 2.98 if you're into those for your cell.

DDwI4Ba.jpg

There wasn't much left of PS4, but decent selection for Xbox One (which I don't have). Full endcap:

4ehLzH0.jpg

Because these are repackage games, BS may be able to show you inventory but not sale price. Like for :ps4: Adventure Time 207-34-1810, BS says my store is out of stock (it had two, I bought one) and that the price is $29.99 rather than $5.01. You have to check in store every so often for these repackage deals.
what are the prices on them games on the shelf? are they all different prices?

what are the prices on them games on the shelf? are they all different prices?
Hmm... I didn't check many of them. :ps4: Morrowind, For Honor, and Pac-Man Championship 2 were $5. :xb1: Vampyr and :ps4: Attack on Titan 2 were $18. The Target clerk who got the cages off for me said he got Battlefield (I assume BF1) and Watch Dogs 2 for $5 ea.

These price drops were fresh at my store. Just two days ago, :ps4: Adventure Time was $10 and :switch: Superbeat Xonic was $14.

DDwI4Ba.jpg

4ehLzH0.jpg

more organized than the store I go to. its like a tornado goes through.

Hmm... I didn't check many of them. :ps4: Morrowind, For Honor, and Pac-Man Championship 2 were $5. :xb1: Vampyr and :ps4: Attack on Titan 2 were $18. The Target clerk who got the cages off for me said he got Battlefield (I assume BF1) and Watch Dogs 2 for $5 ea.

These price drops were fresh at my store. Just two days ago, :ps4: Adventure Time was $10 and :switch: Superbeat Xonic was $14.
I had no idea “Repackaged” tagged games went through a similar markdown process to regular clearance...I was under the impression that it was a “set it and forget it” kind of tagging.

Good price on on vampyr and watch dogs.

I had no idea “Repackaged” tagged games went through a similar markdown process to regular clearance...I was under the impression that it was a “set it and forget it” kind of tagging.
My local stores put repackage stickers on the games that were supposed to be regular clearance. It seems to be all manager discretion and it took years for almost all of it to hit even 50% off. Very ymmv.

Yeah, usually the "repackaged" or "online return" items at my stores don't go down further in price; however, I noticed they marked down the repackaged CDs that showed up a month ago to about 70% - 90% off recently.

I stopped by Target again and tried to remember more prices:

:ps4: Fallout 4 GOTY - $10

:ps4: Skyrim VR - $15

:ps4: Beast Quest - $6

:ps4: Extinction, Raid, BF1, Onrush - $4-5

:xb1: Watch Dogs 2 - $4

:xb1: Halo 5, South Park TSOT - $5

I can't remember how much :xb1: Elex was, but the price was good enough that I would have bought it if they had the PS4 version. Probably $5-6.

I can't remember how much :xb1: Elex was, but the price was good enough that I would have bought it if they had the PS4 version. Probably $5-6.
really good price on fallout 4 goty. im heading over there tomorrow to see what they got.

:xb1: Watch Dogs 2 - $4

Does Fallout 4 GOTY have a separate DPCI, or did it merge with the regular edition?

:ps4: Far Cry: New Dawn has a 30% off Cartwheel that would make it about $14 plus tax if I can get them to PM GameStop at $19.99. Worth it?
Hell yeah. I love the Far Cry series and its just a continuation of 5 after the world is destroyed and things are being restored. Yeah its more of the same if you have played the last 4 games, but for that price, you can't beat the amount of content and great story.

I thought you cant use cartwheel with pricematch, usually either or.
The Target POS system still allows it though it's not supposed to be done. But if you have Cartwheel offers for other items and you forget you added the Cartwheel for FCND before checking out with a price match ... shit happens, right

This weeks ad for Fallout 4 GOTY advertises $30. Under “Game Favs Sale” or whatever lists it at the $30 price also. Highly ymmv?

After my target remodeled there haven’t been anymore clearance games. Sad day but I rarely even check anymore.

bread's done
Back