Target Clearance Thread XXIV

PowerA Enhanced Wireless Controller For Nintendo Switch - Grookey - Target Exclusive

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-00-0673

This is more YMMV than usual. Only a small percentage of stores have these on clearance, as low as $24.98. They seem to be dumping some of their Target exclusive controllers. The one below is $14.98 as well and seems to be clearanced out everywhere. Another Target exclusive version.

PowerA Retro 8-Bit Super Mario Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-00-0751
I picked up one of these mario controllers for $14.98. I've been looking for a cheap controller for my switch.

Also got Kingdom Hearts 3 Deluxe Edition for the Xbox One for $14.98. Would have preferred to get it for the ps4, but that was a good price.

I just came back from 2 Targets both which the app said they had the Mario controllers in stock. I got the last one in the Costa Mesa store. Santa Ana store guy told me they had 2 on the floor but they were nowhere to be found. He said that his device told him that the Costa Mesa store had 12. I told him I just got back from there and they told me I got the last one and he's like well that's what my thing says.

I called up the Costa Mesa store and the girl told me that it's a clearance item and that they don't have any on the floor or in the back. Oh well. At least I got one. This is what the Costa Mesa Target looked like
I was just there at the Costa Mesa Target yesterday, the one on Bristol, looking for these fable 50% off bins that everyone is talking about, and I did not see this anywhere? I walked up and down the electronic section, and there weren't anything like those 4 bins on the shelf that you saw. Where did you see them, and were there any standout deals?

I was just there at the Costa Mesa Target yesterday, the one on Bristol, looking for these fable 50% off bins that everyone is talking about, and I did not see this anywhere? I walked up and down the electronic section, and there weren't anything like those 4 bins on the shelf that you saw. Where did you see them, and were there any standout deals?
One of my Targets had the 50% game bins and another one had the 50% games on an end cap in the electronics section.

It wasn't directly in the electronics section but more like in front of the section in an aisle. There were way too many games to look at and the ones I did look at didn't seem like a good deal.

PowerA Enhanced Wireless Controller For Nintendo Switch - Grookey - Target Exclusive
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-00-0673
The one below is $14.98 as well and seems to be clearanced out everywhere. Another Target exclusive version.
PowerA Retro 8-Bit Super Mario Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-00-0751
Thanks for lookin out. There was 2 left today and I snagged em. There was this 40ish couple going through the 50% bin and the lady was sorting all the switch games into one place nice n neat. The husband was like "why u doin that" and she was like "I'm trying to help people out so they don't have to dig through this mess like we did to find the Switch games". I was like yo this Switch wireless is on clearance and these the last 2 y'all want one? They was like fa sho we need this good lookin out and Merry Christmas!!

Does anyone know what the expiration date of the season pass in Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Edition is?

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a 50% off bin near me. I saw yakuza 6 art book edition for $20 after the sale. I was tempted but the game is $16 on psn. Only other thing I saw was ac origins steel book, I didn’t get a price cause I already own it. Far cry new dawn was another tempting half off game

Went to a store that showed limited stock for the Mario Switch controller and no luck. Not out on the floor and the employee didn't know where else to find it.

Found a couple of the Mario controllers for $15. Some of the closer stores to me still have them at full price. So now I have a controller for a system I’ve barely played. Oh well.

Found a couple of the Mario controllers for $15. Some of the closer stores to me still have them at full price. So now I have a controller for a system I’ve barely played. Oh well.
You and me both. And I paid $30 for my Mario controller on Black Friday. I haven't even placed my Switch into the dock yet.

You and me both. And I paid $30 for my Mario controller on Black Friday. I haven't even placed my Switch into the dock yet.
My amazing wife bought me a PS4 Pro two Christmases ago and got me a Switch last year because I told her I was getting that gaming itch again (I hadn’t bought a system since my silver PS2 way back when). Both are still brand new in-Box, yet I scan the clearance end caps at every game vendor I can find like both my wallet isn’t hurting and my backlog isn’t enormous. It’s a sickness, I tell you...a beautiful, entertaining as all hell sickness. [emoji4]

Has anyone confirmed how long the 50 percent off certain games deal is going to last? I got one of those 25% off $100 coupons with my new redcard, and it would be cool to be able to combine the 50 percent off games deals with some clearance christmas stuff. I can't see myself ever spending that much at target tbh.

Has anyone confirmed how long the 50 percent off certain games deal is going to last? I got one of those 25% off $100 coupons with my new redcard, and it would be cool to be able to combine the 50 percent off games deals with some clearance christmas stuff. I can't see myself ever spending that much at target tbh.
They still appear to be on sale on the Target website. If I had to guess, I would say that December 24th is probably the last day that they will still be at that price.

Why not return it then?
Because I'm planning to use it at some point. And after checking Brickseek, the clearance controller that you guys are talking about isn't available for that price in my local area anyway. It's not even in stock.

I just have too many systems and games that I've acquired over the last 37 years of gaming and too little time to play them all as much as I would like since I have to earn a living. But I have played the Switch several times in handheld mode.

Remember that "beautiful and entertaining as all hell sickness" that trchavez416 was talking about? I must have it too. 8-[

Found Dragon Crown pro Hardened Edition. $30 before 50%

Not sure if good
That’s a solid price, but unless you really enjoy a repetitive beat em up with random drops+ inventory management AND have friends for couch coop, it’s hard to recommend you get it.

Yeah, I was disappointed when I saw Monster Hunter Generations was on the Reddit list but was still with all the other games in the floor with a $29.99 tag. Any chance it would have just rang up half off?
Yes, there is a pretty good chance. The majority of locations seem to have it discounted from what I've seen. Unfortunately doing a stock/price query on Brickseek for this particular title doesn't work right and it erroneously comes up with "no results found in the searched area" for me despite that being completely false, so I would price check the game in-store.

Not sure if it was this thread or another one devoted to the 50% off specifically but there was a link to a Reddit thread with a full.list
It's a solid list but it's certainly not complete. I found some other Switch games that were also 50% off that were not on the list.

Good chance it would have rang up half off.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
It’s YMMV just like everything else with these clearance deals, but I pulled up the barcode on BrickSeek’s website and scanned it on one of my local store’s in-house scanner/tablet things and it rang up as $15 (from $29.99 original). If you have any doubt at all about a game, you should scan it yourself or ask a redshirt to do so with either the main register scanner or one of their handheld devices. 99/100 times it’ll be accurately priced, or you can go to Guest Services and have them look up the last known price in their system.

Picked up far cry new dawn after pricematch Newegg. The manager giving me hard time. The manager told me “ any item with down arrow next to it, they can’t pricematch” I went to customer service, I explained to them, they say never heard of it.

Yes, there is a pretty good chance. The majority of locations seem to have it discounted from what I've seen. Unfortunately doing a stock/price query on Brickseek for this particular title doesn't work right and it erroneously comes up with "no results found in the searched area" for me despite that being completely false, so I would price check the game in-store.
I went back to that Target and got the last copy of Monster Hunter Generations for $15 and yes it was with all the games on the floor so I’m guessing I lucked out!

Also picked up Doom on Switch for $30 which I’m excited about.

So thanks for you and Zeldafanatic15, I wouldn’t have gone back without your input 👍

PS4 Uncharted Lost Legacy is $5.96 at some Targets (Western NY at least) I picked up a copy and saw a nearby target with the same pricing.

Seen restocks on some games:
Sonic Mania X1
Bayonetta 2 NSW
Moonlighter NSW (or just got really lucky).

New games:
Fortnite Deep Freeze Bundle PS4
Mass Effect 4 deluxe edition mixed in X1

Anybody get Samurai Shodown PS4 for $30, only seen X1 at 1/2 off.

I went back to that Target and got the last copy of Monster Hunter Generations for $15 and yes it was with all the games on the floor so I’m guessing I lucked out!

Also picked up Doom on Switch for $30 which I’m excited about.

So thanks for you and Zeldafanatic15, I wouldn’t have gone back without your input
Congrats lol. Yeah those are two of the better deals. Many locations have also had Dark Souls for $15 and Bayonetta 2 for $30. The latter in particular has probably been the hottest deal from what I've seen and was the quickest to be snatched up.

Two of my local stores no longer have a back end cap for Clearance items in the Electronics Section. They both contain a generic end cap display now.

Is this common?

Two of my local stores no longer have a back end cap for Clearance items in the Electronics Section. They both contain a generic end cap display now.

Is this common?
One of the stores by me remodeled about a year ago and have a set up like this. The one I frequent has a clearance section towards the back of the electronics, but they haven't had anything great in almost a year. I used to find stuff damn near weekly.

bread's done
Back