Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Target canceled my order of Danganronpa Decadence today (after asking me to approve a delay only hours earlier). I had put in my order in July.
Anyone know a place where I can get the regular edition now?
They did the same to my order which was placed back in August. I spoke to a guy on the chat and he claimed it was an isolated incident and to wait to get the same when it comes back in stock. They obviously took in more orders than supply given to them. Such a shame and pretty frustrating.

I went out this morning to hunt.  Nothing in the clearance area was marked, so I just started scanning games. 

With the size of my backlog, I settled on Star Wars Pinball for Switch and Saints Row the Third Remastered for PS4 since those were the only copies of those games in the store.  They were $10 each, and I had a gift card, so I said what the hell.

At this point, I can't see myself spending more than $10 on a new physical copy.  And I always buy games from this annual sale and never play them, so there was no sense in spending more money to have more shrink-wrapped copies to stare at.

Sadly, I found Ace Combat 7, Borderlands: Handsome Collection, and Kingdom Hearts III for Xbox at home the other day.  I bought them on December 13th of last year when Target did their annual clearance sale.  They were still sealed in the Target bag with the receipt. 

But, good luck to everyone who's looking to add to their collections.  Go nuts.  :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
They did the same to my order which was placed back in August. I spoke to a guy on the chat and he claimed it was an isolated incident and to wait to get the same when it comes back in stock. They obviously took in more orders than supply given to them. Such a shame and pretty frustrating.
There’d be less frustration if they canceled before release so you could hunt it down elsewhere more easily. I mean they should know how many are supposed to arrive vs how many orders. When I contacted CS to voice my frustration that they waited so long to cancel that I can’t find it anywhere else, he gave me some spiel about orders not being guarantees.

I have to question whether they got any copies of it.

When I contacted CS to voice my frustration that they waited so long to cancel that I can’t find it anywhere else, he gave me some spiel about orders not being guarantees.
If that's the case then they need to explicitly state that clearly upfront in a big way, which they don't do. It should be made so conspicuous that it flies out of the screen and lands on your face to make sure you know.

There’d be less frustration if they canceled before release so you could hunt it down elsewhere more easily. I mean they should know how many are supposed to arrive vs how many orders. When I contacted CS to voice my frustration that they waited so long to cancel that I can’t find it anywhere else, he gave me some spiel about orders not being guarantees.

I have to question whether they got any copies of it.
I'd like to know if anyone received it from Target too. They canceled my order that was made a little bit after the preorder went up. It was an odd cancellation too. I had already approved the delay but then they canceled it and never sent an email (which they always do in my experience) so the only reason I saw it was canceled was going to order history. Anyway, I'm just glad I got in on the late Amazon order and that Amazon sent it in a box so it arrived in great shape.

I'd like to know if anyone received it from Target too. They canceled my order that was made a little bit after the preorder went up. It was an odd cancellation too. I had already approved the delay but then they canceled it and never sent an email (which they always do in my experience) so the only reason I saw it was canceled was going to order history. Anyway, I'm just glad I got in on the late Amazon order and that Amazon sent it in a box so it arrived in great shape.
My Danganronpa Amazon order arrived pretty beat up since they shipped it in a bubble mailer. The CS Rep ensured me that future packages of this variety would be shipped in boxes, per a note he placed on my account when complaining about my SMT V Premium order (I knew this was bs as soon as he typed it, lol).

My Gamestop Danganronpa was on the truck for delivery @ 8am today, however I received a notification @ 8pm stating it was delayed due to an "operational delay". Hopefully it shows up tomorrow in a box with sufficient padding.

Amazon is killing me here lately with their shipping quality. Maybe Gamestop will pull through and I won't have to try for an Amazon replacement.

amazon wise I always order a micro/sd card with anything like that since they for whatever reason always ship sd cards inside the biggest box they can possibly find for me.  One time I called their hotline since I was unable to find the card in the box as it had slid under the flap. Not sure if that's applicable for you or not though.  And obviously you shouldn't have  to do that to get a proper box. 

Just bought Cadence of Hyrule for $19.99 and Astral Chain for $29.99 because of Target’s annual 50% off games.
I keep waiting for Cadence of Hyrule to drop to $15... was hoping for a Walmart clearance but most stores no longer sell the title

Just bought Cadence of Hyrule for $19.99 and Astral Chain for $29.99 because of Target’s annual 50% off games.
Your Target actually still had physical copies of Astral Chain? I finally just resorted to eBay because I wanted a new copy.

Found Borderlands Legendary Collection for Switch for $10.

Game selection at my Target was abysmal since they renovated and all their extra game stock got moved to another store.

Ended up picking up a copy of cadence of hyrule. If it wasn't listed on the website as in stock, I would have never known to ask an employee as they were all in the back. I wonder what else is in the back...

Went to another Target that supposedly had Cadence of Hyrule and found Astral Chain and Layton's Mystery Journey but the 50% off wasn't kicking in.

Checked for Borderlands' price since I just bought it at another store and it scanned as half off. Is it not company wide then? Or if it's just this store being goofy, do I take it to Guest Services?

Gonna be a real shame if I can't get either game since both of them online are really expensive :/

EDIT: Got plastic security cases for them and walked around the store until I gave up. A shame :(

PS4 all $10 each.

Prey

Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition

Soul Calibur VI

Also saw PS4:

Kingdom Hearts III

F1 2018

Saw Fractured But Whole for the Switch at $8.99 and I think some Lego game.

Like many here, I have accrued so many games over the years that I forgot I already owned Prey.  Guess I'm going back.

These were all on the clearance endcap with the yellow sticker.  No additional 50% off, the receipt said "Regular price $19.99" so I guess they consider that the 50% off or it just doesn't stack on clearance.  

Went to another Target that supposedly had Cadence of Hyrule and found Astral Chain and Layton's Mystery Journey but the 50% off wasn't kicking in.

Checked for Borderlands' price since I just bought it at another store and it scanned as half off. Is it not company wide then? Or if it's just this store being goofy, do I take it to Guest Services?

Gonna be a real shame if I can't get either game since both of them online are really expensive :/

EDIT: Got plastic security cases for them and walked around the store until I gave up. A shame :(
It's somewhat YMMV from what I've observed. A particular game might be discounted at one store but then not at another, even if both have some of the aforementioned titles at 50% off. Unfortunately, as the in-store pricing in the Target stock checker on Brickseek has not been working correctly for awhile now I don't know that there is any way to tell without taking a trip to the store.

PS4 all $10 each.

Prey

Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition

Soul Calibur VI

Also saw PS4:

Kingdom Hearts III

F1 2018

Saw Fractured But Whole for the Switch at $8.99 and I think some Lego game.

Like many here, I have accrued so many games over the years that I forgot I already owned Prey. Guess I'm going back.

These were all on the clearance endcap with the yellow sticker. No additional 50% off, the receipt said "Regular price $19.99" so I guess they consider that the 50% off or it just doesn't stack on clearance.
The one here that marked 'clearance' games were basically marking that 50% off price on them. So maybe some confusion in store about them being 'clearance'?

The one here that marked 'clearance' games were basically marking that 50% off price on them. So maybe some confusion in store about them being 'clearance'?
They were all on the messy clearance endcap with the phone accessories and other stuff so pretty sure these were meant as actual clearance.

Also, there was some vinyl there so keep an eye out if that's your thing. I only saw Adele and about 15 copies of some album I'd never heard of before.

I'm surprised you're still finding physical copies of Astral Chain at Target

I'm surprised you're still finding physical copies of Astral Chain at Target
I'm not since plenty of them have been sitting at MSRP :\. My target still has it and daemon x machina. I'm slightly tempted to go check and see if they finally dropped the price in this sale but I don't have much hope on that being the case. They haven't done much clearance there besides the 30$ octopus travelers a year or so ago. Which is when I bit Only for it to be 10 at Walmart immediately after.

I miss when they had the 3ds games for 5 bucks. That was easily the best deal I've ever gotten there game wise.

My Target has two bins full of 50% off games. Picked up :switch: Borderlands Legendary for $10. The others I checked out were still too expensive vs regular sales.

So went to see if Target had any Cadence of Hyrule.  No go on that but they did have more clearance games than last time (pulled from the back or maybe bottom of the cases?).  Picked up South Park, wonderful 101, and astral chain.  

I miss when they had the 3ds games for 5 bucks. That was easily the best deal I've ever gotten there game wise.
Yeah, but unless you were fast, they hid them all until the sale was over. IIRC, the only 3DS game i was able to find was a Lego star wars one I got for $10

did you look up inventory for cadence online?
Brickseek is broken for Target and the inventory on their app is always wrong for me. Best to actually go to the store & check. None of the games I bought showed up as available according to their app. I know the store at one point had it so I took a chance.

Brickseek is broken for Target and the inventory on their app is always wrong for me. Best to actually go to the store & check. None of the games I bought showed up as available according to their app. I know the store at one point had it so I took a chance.
It's on targets website. My store showed 1 copy and after I bought it it went oos. I did have to ask an employee to find it though.

not sure whats going on but it seems my store had decided to clearance some games.

Finally got Warioware Gold and Kirby Epic Yarn for 3ds for $19.99 each.

Saw Battlefield V for Xbox for 4.99

there was  few other games but i can't quite remember them.

I'm not since plenty of them have been sitting at MSRP :\. My target still has it and daemon x machina. I'm slightly tempted to go check and see if they finally dropped the price in this sale but I don't have much hope on that being the case. They haven't done much clearance there besides the 30$ octopus travelers a year or so ago. Which is when I bit Only for it to be 10 at Walmart immediately after.

Well, it's probably somewhat regional. Retailers around here had no problem selling through Astral Chain at/around msrp. I've not seen a new physical copy of it in the last two years. Finally just bought mine from ebay as I wanted it new.

Yeah, but unless you were fast, they hid them all until the sale was over. IIRC, the only 3DS game i was able to find was a Lego star wars one I got for $10
My store didn't hide them since they had no idea they were on clearance so all of them were still in their shelves for whatever the tags said. The 2 kids working at the station were even surprised that they were on sale and I told them whatever was left over there after I purchased what I wanted. I didn't get many of the games though since most of them were out of stock. Just smt4a, luigis mansion (it was the only game that was in stock according to their website), zelda majoras mask, ocarina of time and one other zelda title I think a link to the past, mario bros 2.

My store didn't hide them since they had no idea they were on clearance so all of them were still in their shelves for whatever the tags said. The 2 kids working at the station were even surprised that they were on sale and I told them whatever was left over there after I purchased what I wanted. I didn't get many of the games though since most of them were out of stock. Just smt4a, luigis mansion (it was the only game that was in stock according to their website), zelda majoras mask, ocarina of time and one other zelda title I think a link to the past, mario bros 2.
Yep the 3DS games at $5 was an amazing deal but likely to be a one-off there, so I wouldn't count on that sort of thing happening again. I had already built up my 3DS library though so it didn't do as much for me as it may have others. I did pick up Ultimate NES Remix and Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocaypse though if I recall correctly. SMT4A was the biggest steal of the bunch, especially when you look at what a physical copy goes for today.

Oh and as far as Daemon X Machina goes, I haven't seen a new copy of that in the wild around here in at least a year.... maybe two.

P.S. - it's called Octopath Traveler, not Octopus lol

Yep the 3DS games at $5 was an amazing deal but likely to be a one-off there, so I wouldn't count on that sort of thing happening again. I had already built up my 3DS library though so it didn't do as much for me as it may have others. I did pick up Ultimate NES Remix and Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocaypse though if I recall correctly. SMT4A was the biggest steal of the bunch, especially when you look at what a physical copy goes for today.

Oh and as far as Daemon X Machine goes, I haven't seen a new copy of that in the wild around here in at least a year.... maybe two.

Octopus traveler is the sequel i never knew i needed

I’ve never owned a switch but my nephew got a Nintendo switch. What should I get for him? He’s 12 yrs old. Super smash bros? Zelda? Metroid?

Found Octopath so I picked it up. PS5 Alan Wake Remastered was in clearance as well so I checked but it was still retail. I assume it was only there because they sold all their other copies and wanted shelf space.

Just did last minute shopping at target through shipt. Got a free 1 month trial with my Visa card and got $20 off $100. Then applied HOLIDAY20 for another $20 off. Hopefully nothing gets cancelled. Never shopped through shipt before. Got jedi fallen order ps5 $10 oddworld ps5 $25, it takes two ps4 $20, and legend of Zelda botw switch $50. Total was $87 after tax and 15% tip.

Oh and as far as Daemon X Machina goes, I haven't seen a new copy of that in the wild around here in at least a year.... maybe two.

I left it that way on porpoise XP.

Btw, does every Target have these AT&T people in them now who stand near electronics and try to convince you to change your phone plan? I hate it so much I have to awkwardly avoid walking near them now.

bread's done
Back