Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Did Target end their pricematching in electronics or is my store being a dick again? First world problems having to go to the front customer service desk to PM, but c'mon.
They've never price-matched in electronics at my local store. Regardless of how much it costs, they always put the game in a clear plastic shuck and hand it to me to walk it up to the customer service desk at the front of the store.

Yeah I think it might just be the Pinole store. Don't recall it being enforced at Richmond or Albany, but thought I remembered that only during the Holidays the PM at the electronics register was ok'd. 

It was 2 power strips that were cheaper online Target so I just wanted my $2!

TWO DOLLARS....

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Forbidden west ps5 deluxe edition pre order updated from orange to green, expected March 4. My dying light deluxe ps5 is still backordered, orange expected March 4 as well tho. Cmon target

Edit: HFW arriving March 7. Weird my GT7 shipped arriving March 7 and pre orders have sold out.

Not sure where in town you guys are, but the local Targets here in California PMs back in electronics. I did this not too long ago with the B2G1 free deal. I remembered a few years back this same Target specifically wouldn't stack such promos together, they seemed to have loosened up on the stacking promos policies now.

On another note though. I had a defective damaged game arrived damaged and the cashier refunded me it via merchandise card instead of my original payment, which was my red card.

This was a PM back then and the cashier was looking all confused at what I originally paid, stating that I used my circle rewards when I clearly did not. It was a price difference of $4. I just asked to speak to a manager and she took care of me with an even exchange.

Today's my birthday, and I know that Target Circle is supposed to give a birthday gift, but I don't see anything unusual in my offers. 

Anybody know what the discount is and where I might find it in my account?

Mine was last week and I received an offer for 5% off your total purchase. It was located in the Target offers section.

Happy birthday to you

Today's my birthday, and I know that Target Circle is supposed to give a birthday gift, but I don't see anything unusual in my offers.

Anybody know what the discount is and where I might find it in my account?
I had this issue last year and went into my settings and found out that my birthday wasn't entered, so after entering my birthday I got the 5%

Mine was last week and I received an offer for 5% off your total purchase. It was located in the Target offers section.

Happy birthday to you
I had this issue last year and went into my settings and found out that my birthday wasn't entered, so after entering my birthday I got the 5%
Thanks, guys. I hope my birthday experience at Target goes better than my birthday experience at Starbucks.

When I tried to get my free birthday beverage at 7:15 a.m. before work, a woman named Anabertha refused to give it to me.

"We ain't givin' away nothing free at this location. If you want something, you gotsta pay for it! Now what'll you have?" :shock:

Thanks, guys. I hope my birthday experience at Target goes better than my birthday experience at Starbucks.

When I tried to get my free birthday beverage at 7:15 a.m. before work, a woman named Anabertha refused to give it to me.

"We ain't givin' away nothing free at this location. If you want something, you gotsta pay for it! Now what'll you have?" :shock:
Cheeky response: "Your tongue on a plate."

Target has 40% off video games with circle plus 5% off with red card. might be ymmv I dunno. Lots of 1st party nintendo stuff and a few preorders applying despite the usual disclaimer. 

Atelier sophie 2 switch

13 sentinels aegis rim switch

all the pokemon games including diamond and pearl dual pack for around 55$

the great ace attorney chronicles

monster hunter rise

metroid dread

smt5

persona 5 strikers

and more.

Target has 40% off video games with circle plus 5% off with red card. might be ymmv I dunno. Lots of 1st party nintendo stuff and a few preorders applying despite the usual disclaimer.

Atelier sophie 2 switch

monster hunter rise

metroid dread

smt5

persona 5 strikers

and more.
its always ymmv. i can however save 20% on baby clothes or 25% on peeps candy....

I didn’t think I had the Target Circle offer either … but it was in the larger list of Target Circle offers for me. So it’s not highlighted but if you click on the circle with tech offers, it showed up in my list. Looks like it works on everything eligible in your cart, so could be some good multi-game deals.

I didn’t think I had the Target Circle offer either … but it was in the larger list of Target Circle offers for me. So it’s not highlighted but if you click on the circle with tech offers, it showed up in my list. Looks like it works on everything eligible in your cart, so could be some good multi-game deals.
Good looking out, that’s where I found it.

Grabbed the PS5 preorder for the LEGO Star Wars Skywalker Saga and a preorder for Record of Lodoss War for Nintendo Switch for 40% off each. Not a ton of other stuff that caught my eye, Dying Light 2 is 40% off but I got it for a bit more at launch.

Had to click the link in that Twitter thread to get the code. It didn't just show up for me either. Happy I got to use it on some pre-orders but one game was bought up right before I checked out (boo).

Atelier sophie 2 switch

monster hunter rise

metroid dread

smt5

persona 5 strikers

and more.
I think you can see if you are eligible for the offer here:
https://www.target.com/circle/offers/24?detail=361664

So is it one time use then? Can’t do multiple orders until March 9 but u can do multiple items in one order and applies to all items that way?

Also if u do it instore I’m guessing u can’t stack price matching with it?

Yes, one time use and applies to all eligible games in the same order. Expires March 19.
Thanks. I don’t want to buy too much now so I’m just gonna go for a pre order. I’m guessing it’ll eventually be removed from promo so I’ll go ahead and pre order sifu now. Very tempted by games like dying light tho. Ofcourse the deluxe edition is sold out tho lol

I didnt get any video game offers in my circle app and I have a red card. Along with not getting the Best Buy $10 email, I'm just having the greatest luck with these this week. SMDH

I didnt get any video game offers in my circle app and I have a red card. Along with not getting the Best Buy $10 email, I'm just having the greatest luck with these this week. SMDH
Couldn’t find it either on my offers but just randomly saw some games showing up as part of 40% off when u click them, for example sifu on ps5, dying light 2, nfl 22, assetto corsa etc. I was surprised to also see a $15 from target circle which I don’t know how I got

I'm a little confused on this 'available offer' situation.   I would have thought that everyone who was participating in Circle, and who has possibly bought video games in the past should/would be eligible for this offer. 

This was not in my list of personally tailored offers.  It was also not showing up under tech and electronics either.  It's just there when you click on certain individual item listings on the Target app while you're logged in, and it's also on those same individual listings when you're logged in on the desktop website.  Good until Mar 19 for two days only and it also poofs after you use it once.  It sounds like some people may have been excluded but it also sounds like some people may need to go check again.  Or else make sure that they are signed up with a linked Circle account for when the next opportunity rolls around. 

These Target offers are very scattershot.  But most anyone who was previously signed up for Cartwheel/Circle should probably be eligible.  It appears that this was probably supposed to be a St. Patrick's Day vg sales promotion that was meant to be single-time-use for one singular item. However, we were able to submit it for one entire order instead.  I would bet money that certain users previously failed to connect their Circle memberships to their accounts. 

If you missed out then I'm sorry.  This app is a mess.  It's being changed, updated, and rebranded constantly.  But there have been a lot incorrect details and anecdotes posted today, so it's worth another look. 

I actually got the Circle offer this time and just received my tax refund yesterday so this deal worked out great for me!

I ended up getting the following Switch games:

$71.99 - Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Double Pack
$35.99 - Mario Party Superstars
$29.99 - Super Mario Party

$29.99 - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
$26.99 - Pikmin 3 Deluxe
$35.99 - Mario Golf: Super Rush
$17.99 - The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
$14.99 - Doki Doki Literature Club Plus
$17.99 - Active Life: Outdoor Challenge

and pre-ordered:

$20.99 Switch - Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth*

$17.99 PS4 - Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth

$23.99 Switch - Capcom Fighting Collection*
$23.99 PS4 - Capcom Fighting Collection
$35.99 Switch - 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

(*I wasn't sure if I wanted the PS4 or Switch versions of Record of Lodoss War & Capcom Fighting Collection but I figure I can cancel/return whichever ones I decide I don't want)

I considered grabbing a bunch more first-party Switch games but there are usually better deals on pre-owned copies at Gamestop around Thanksgiving/Christmas (or even via B2G1 deals) so I just stuck with recent releases & stuff that was already discounted (before the additional 40% off).
Plus the other games I was considering were games I've already played, finished, or even 100% completed (Link's Awakening, Metroid Dread, & Yoshi's Crafted World) and then sold so I'll just re-buy them when they get super-cheap.

It wasn't showing up with the rest of my circle offers. However, when I looked at the listing for Mario Party Superstars it showed up there and I was able to apply it.

Went a little crazy & got following

The Ascent Cyber edition Xbox

The Ascent Cyber edition PS4

Sifu PS4

Switch games

13 Sentinel

Mario Golf

Pokemon Snap

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Atelier Sophie 2

Link got me to it. Very random which games it works on. Was really hoping to pick up Elden Ring or Triangle Strategy, but instead I just grabbed Mario Maker 2 and WarioWare Get It Together for about $30 each.

My mom and sister got the offer, my brother and myself did not.

Ordered:

:switch: Pokemon Brilliant Diamond - $36

:switch: Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze - $35

:switch: Record of Lodoss War - $21 (this is also on game pass, but it looks like my kind of game so I don't mind supporting)

:ps4: Sifu - $30

My sister got :switch: Animal Crossing for $36 for a friend's kid's birthday.

Btw, the product pages stopped showing 40% eligible while I was still deciding what to get, but the discount still appeared in cart. I thought they had killed the deal early ^^;

I actually got this offer surprisingly and placed a massive order (mostly preorders).  Love it when Target does stuff like this!

My mom and sister got the offer, my brother and myself did not.

Ordered:
:switch: Pokemon Brilliant Diamond - $36
:switch: Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze - $35
:switch: Record of Lodoss War - $21 (this is also on game pass, but it looks like my kind of game so I don't mind supporting)
:ps4: Sifu - $30

My sister got :switch: Animal Crossing for $36 for a friend's kid's birthday.

Btw, the product pages stopped showing 40% eligible while I was still deciding what to get, but the discount still appeared in cart. I thought they had killed the deal early ^^;
Record of Lodoss War is the closest thing I’ve seen to a classic Castlevania game in years, so definitely a good call to grab a copy. I played it on Game Pass, but I’m excited to have a portable copy on Switch. Feels like it will be a hidden gem that increases in value a few years after it’s out of print too.

Had the offer and items in my cart deciding what to get and now today its gone completely. I was pretty sure it said it was good through 3/19.

Yeah… wtfudge. Mine said it was good through 3/18 then got taken away while I was still in decision mode an hour ago. About to complain in chat support…

bread's done
Back