Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Do you guys have that one store that just doesn't want to price match at all and comes up with any kind of excuse to not do it? Because I do and I actively avoid going there because of it but last night I broke my rule and went there and got a cashier lying to me and telling me they don't price match local competitors even though I was holding a literal local competitor's advertisement in my hand. Had to talk to a supervisor to get myself squared away but just the fact that every other store is always super chill except this one. It's unbelievable.

Do you guys have that one store that just doesn't want to price match at all and comes up with any kind of excuse to not do it? Because I do and I actively avoid going there because of it but last night I broke my rule and went there and got a cashier lying to me and telling me they don't price match local competitors even though I was holding a literal local competitor's advertisement in my hand. Had to talk to a supervisor to get myself squared away but just the fact that every other store is always super chill except this one. It's unbelievable.
My local target refuses to price match so I don't bother to ever attempt that. But I do shop there every once in a while since they have occasionally really good clearance. Especially on small appliances.

Not much of a store, but a certain employee did tried to weasle out of price matching on 2 different occasions. One time, I tried price match something on Amazon and she claimed can't price match anything that has Prime next to it (WTF lol). The other tine I tried to price match Gamestop, she refused to price match even though Target price match policy specifically included Gamestop.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

That is ridiculous. I've never had such problems price matching. As long as it falls within the proper guidelines and meets the right criteria they should do it. You can see the terms of the policy here:

https://help.target.com/help/targetguesthelparticledetail?articleId=ka95d000000oOFZAA2

It's right there in black & white. It doesn't even state that it's at a manager's discretion to outright refuse. Just that they can limit quantities.

Honestly, if any store doesn't adhere to the official company policy then I would contact the corporate office to complain and report them.

edit: one notable caveat

• Alaska and Hawaii Target stores are excluded from price matching online competitors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not the same situation, but when Cartwheel was new, I had an issue where the scan wouldn't work and the cashier called a manger over. The manager was completely clueless about the whole thing and said that the store is Target, not Cartwheel. I explain to her what Cartwheel is, and suddenly she's an expert on it and says I have the wrong barcode to scan.

Wasn't the 30% off going till the 20th or/and was a one time use? Was able to preorder Xenoblade 3 with deal, but now I see the 30% is gone. was considering another game. 

What did y’all use the 30% off on? Still waiting to see if there’ll be anything added this Saturday. I wish it worked on forspoken, evil dead the game and Gotham knights

Still debating on The Quarry

PSA: This is a reminder that Target Circle users have less than a month to claim those freebies from Apple that they started offering last year. 

If you don't know what I'm talking about, Apple is offering 6 months of free Apple Arcade, 4 months of free Apple TV+, 4 months of free Apple Music, and 4 months of free iCloud Plus if you have Circle.  Expires 6/17/22.

https://www.target.com/circle/partners

YMMV as always, but a Target I went to yesterday for some children’s Robitussin for my girls was clearancing out a whole bunch of their Beats headphones and Otterbox cell phone accessories. I’ll try to add links later once I’m off of mobile, but I took a couple of pics below for reference:
b2c5361e462314bdc460ccfbe7a2b8ba.jpg

f506248ea200bd80bd16552f19c43307.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YMMV as always, but a Target I went to yesterday for some children’s Robitussin for my girls was clearancing out a whole bunch of their Beats headphones and Otterbox cell phone accessories. I’ll try to add links later once I’m off of mobile, but I took a couple of pics below for reference:
b2c5361e462314bdc460ccfbe7a2b8ba.jpg

f506248ea200bd80bd16552f19c43307.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Haddon Township store threw a few clearance bones:

Razer Kraken X 207-00-2151 $49.99 -> $34.99
Astro Gaming A10 Wired Stereo Gaming Headset black & red 207-00-0288 $59.99 ->
$29.99
Astro Gaming A10 Wired Stereo Gaming Headset PS4/PS5 black & blue 207-00-4372 $59.99 ->
$29.99
Razer Cynosa V2 keyboard 207-00-6114 $59.99 -> $41.99

Below the clearance headsets were a bunch of vinyl albums, mostly 70% off:

John Coltrane: A Love Supreme 012-17-1470 (this was 50% off)
Sam Cooke: Portrait of a Legend 1951-1964 012-17-7269
Natalie Cole: Unforgettable 012-17-3185
Jennifer Hudson: Respect 012-17-8879
Various Artists - Undefeated / Music For the Movement  012-17-5967

Ooooo! I also got $15 off $90, but the exclusion list is so long, I don't know if there's anything I want that it's actually valid on. No Nintendo hardware or games, no Lego, no alcohol!?!

Ooooo! I also got $15 off $90, but the exclusion list is so long, I don't know if there's anything I want that it's actually valid on. No Nintendo hardware or games, no Lego, no alcohol!?!
Always worth checking by adding to cart since the exclusion list is almost never 100% accurate at the beginning of these promos.

I too received a $10 off $60 and might try to get a brand new, drift free Dualsense (after all 3 of my launch ones had issues). I was thinking of getting the insurance to protect from any of the drift I am now experiencing x3. I know at GameStop it isn't much of a hassle to get a new controller. Question: Have any of you had similar success with Allstate protection plans?

I too received a $10 off $60 and might try to get a brand new, drift free Dualsense (after all 3 of my launch ones had issues). I was thinking of getting the insurance to protect from any of the drift I am now experiencing x3. I know at GameStop it isn't much of a hassle to get a new controller. Question: Have any of you had similar success with Allstate protection plans?
have you tried Sony? I’ve had them repair consoles and controllers outside of the 12 month warranty period and it’s been free, although I think I had to pay shipping costs but the actual repair they covered.

I too received a $10 off $60 and might try to get a brand new, drift free Dualsense (after all 3 of my launch ones had issues). I was thinking of getting the insurance to protect from any of the drift I am now experiencing x3. I know at GameStop it isn't much of a hassle to get a new controller. Question: Have any of you had similar success with Allstate protection plans?
I think that's squaretrade and what's offer on eBay. So I have used them, the only things they really repair are Cell Phones, and usually higher end models. Anything else, and Its usually a check my way for the value of what I paid for the item. Which either works for you or sucks.

Found one of these at a nearby store:

Hyperice Hypervolt Go Percussion Massage Device - $59.99 (70% off)

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=082-02-0406 (for reference only, no longer yields results for me at least)

Apparently it has been reported on Slickdeals a few weeks ago but it seems I missed it.

Anyway I got the $10 off $60 Target Circle offer so I tossed in some bananas to get over the $60 mark and stacked the coupon to sweeten the deal. It's so nice when things work out conveniently!

P.S. - I'm really liking this thing.

i got a rock
I got spend at least $150 to save $20. I think I would rather get a rock.

40% off White SteelSeries Arctic 3 PlayStation Headset 4/5 Is what I got. If they had the Nova Pro Wireless or the 7p+ with this, I would've done it. But I'm not going back to wired lol.
Seems okay at $30. Is there an adapter that will turn any wired headset into a wireless one? I don't care if I have to twist tie wrap, the cord to a device.

Before this new buy 2, get 1 sale goes live, let’s all pray it works on the following:

COD: MW2
Callisto Protocol
Gotham Knights

Amen.

I had a $15 off of $80 circle offer and it applied that first, spread out across all my items, and then applied the buy 2 get 1 offer.  So they stacked, sort of.

I had a $15 off of $80 circle offer and it applied that first, spread out across all my items, and then applied the buy 2 get 1 offer. So they stacked, sort of.
I had a new $10 off of $50 offer when I checked this morning and it didn't work, so I might have to see if it will work if I include higher priced games. I rarely take part in the buy 2, get 1 free anyway since I need another video game like I need a hole in my head.

I had a new $10 off of $50 offer when I checked this morning and it didn't work, so I might have to see if it will work if I include higher priced games. I rarely take part in the buy 2, get 1 free anyway since I need another video game like I need a hole in my head.
u probably have a Switch game in there. there are exclusions if u read the fine print.

Anyone still waiting for their order of the quarry to ship from the 30% off promo? Shows in my order as arriving June 24th, but the listing page shows it could be here much sooner.

Anyone still waiting for their order of the quarry to ship from the 30% off promo? Shows in my order as arriving June 24th, but the listing page shows it could be here much sooner.
I’m guessing it varies from person to person, but my more recent experiences with Target preorders have been just like you described. Had preordered Hades for the PS5 during a similar B2G1 sale last summer, and it took almost two weeks after the game released to get it. Then later last year, I had preordered Horizon Forbidden West back when there was a coupon to save 40%, and ended up getting that game almost a week after release (which blew my mind, since the order had been made MONTHS in advance and the local store got a ton of copies day one as expected). Long story short, absent a great deal, I don’t look to Target for any future preorders.

Hope your experience proves different and good luck on getting it sooner rather than later! Also, it might not hurt to touch bases with a customer service rep to express your disappointment in your preorder showing that level of delay. Besides putting that issue on the company’s radar, the rep might give you a further courtesy credit/discount on the game. That’s what happened on my end with H:FW when I had a chat with them asking why my preordered copy was showing a 1-2 week delay while the local store had plenty of copies. They took another $10 off the purchase, which I wasn’t looking for but appreciated.

bread's done
Back