Target Clearance Thread XXIV

I saw a little girl and her dad at Target this morning with a few games in the cart, so I told them about the buy 2, get 1 free. 

The girl asked if all the Switch games would be on sale, and I said, "Why don't we wait until Sunday to find out?"  She said, "Because these games cost too much already." 

Smart kid.  :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword :switch: is $30 in store and online, and think it only lasts until 11/6.  Sold out in about 75% of the stores around me so went ahead and got it.  Have the holiday extended period if a better deal comes along.

A handful of games are also on sale at the moment.

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword :switch: is $30 in store and online, and think it only lasts until 11/6. Sold out in about 75% of the stores around me so went ahead and got it. Have the holiday extended period if a better deal comes along.

A handful of games are also on sale at the moment.
It was 15 new from gs either earlier this year or during the holidays of last year iirc.

Anyone know if GoW Ragnarok is likely to be excluded from B2G1 based on past experiences or is it completely random?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Anyone know if GoW Ragnarok is likely to be excluded from B2G1 based on past experiences or is it completely random?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Completely random. If it is available despite the usual exclusions it will only be available for the beginning of the promo.

Sony games are usually excluded but u never know. Also cod games seem to be on sale for $40 around Black Friday? If u can wait a bit longer you’d save at least $6 on cod mw2 next gen

It was 15 new from gs either earlier this year or during the holidays of last year iirc.
Uhhh, not that I can recall. I would like to think that that sort of thing would have been very conspicuous and stuck out in my memory. 75% off on a first-party Nintendo game is basically unheard of (outside of some oddball YMMV clearance somewhere or rare random price error). Around 50% off or so if the most we typically see and as far as I can recall the current price of $30 for Skyward Sword is the lowest for a new copy. I have to wonder whether you are getting the $15 price point mixed-up with something else. I think I recall seeing a post on Slickdeals awhile ago around that price that had a misleading title and was actually for the Skyward Sword amiibo and not for the game for example.

I believe it was a price error or promo error and not supposed to be the regular price but lots of us got orders in.  I can't find it in my records off hand though.  The next closest thing I was able to find was the buy 2 get 1 free sale from april 8th where it was 29.99.

A bit wack but not too bad. What if u cancel only one game do u still get a discount on the other two

Also does target not carry evil village gold for ps5?

In for Harvestella, Trinity Trigger, and RE4. May also grab MW2.

-update- Caved on MW2. It may drop to ~$40 during BF like last year's CoD, but $47 now is fine. I still wish the physical edition had the actual game on disc rather than basically being a key on disc :\

Now that I’m done, I’d say it was ok since some pre orders are eligible. Most games are back to full price sadly and unsurprisingly. If I didn’t already have the games I wanted, this would be pretty good. Elden ring eligible, Sifu vengeance, resident evil gold, resident evil 4, GOTG cosmic deluxe, DNF duel, plague tale requiem, ghostwire Tokyo, MW2, gotham knights, even old Sony exclusives like R&C, FF7R, GT7, Returnal,GOT, HFW, uncharted R, sackboy, P5R, but full price.

I’m pissed that it doesn’t include GUNGRAVE PS5, no Wo Long PS5 either but works with other platforms, no last of us part 1 or ragnarok obviously since they’re new exclusives. No Callisto protocol, dead space, nfs unbound, AC mirage. Also just found out target Carries RE8 Gold but sold out wtf.

Placed an order for P5R ps5 hoping it’s a steelbook. It was difficult to get 3 games that were the same price so had to place multiple orders cancelling 2 games

Btw 40% off on Xbox controllers

Ending up going with It Takes Two, Nier Automata, and Road Redemption for Switch. I really wanted Cuphead but unfortunately it's not eligible.

Ended up getting Psychonauts 2, RE4 and Star Ocean.  I had already ordered Star Ocean from Target, but I'll return the extra copy.  

Tempted to pull the trigger on RE Village Gold and Gotham Knights to get RE4 for free but feel like those two will be so cheap by March, I would be better off waiting since I probably won’t play either game right away anyways.

I know someone said before, is it better to buy the game you want and two expensive titles to cancel, or get two cheaper games to cancel, or does it not matter either way?
All same price.

FYI, they will do a temp charge weekly for the full price before cancellation so make sure you use a card that can handle it. So if you order 3 $60 games the temp charge will be $120 not $40 even after you cancel games.

All same price.

FYI, they will do a temp charge weekly for the full price before cancellation so make sure you use a card that can handle it. So if you order 3 $60 games the temp charge will be $120 not $40 even after you cancel games.
True that and I hate it. Gotta update my income soon so I can get a higher credit limit. Try to order for pickup whenever u can since once u pick up the item the price updates. Shipping takes longer but once it ships it should go away on that same day I think

I got cod mw2x2 (one as a gift) and gotham knights (flip to gs if values and boost hold today- otherwise cancel).
Then got another mw2 (flip to GS), mario rabbids sparks and re4 preorder. I’m good.

I don’t understand why GameStop takes in a deluxe edition of Gotham knights which gives u more credit than the base version when u don’t even have to include the code lol

All same price.

Pro tip: you don't get these temp charges when using a Red Card, even the free debit card version

Hmm.

I think I'm in for P5R, Neir and Loop 8 standard on Switch. I worry about the preorder after hearing about people's preorder issues with Target on here though.

Preordered RE4, Trinity Trigger PS5, Loop 8, and Trails Azure. Picked up Digimon Survive NS, Chaos Head/Noah, and Star Ocean PS5 but unsure if I want SO... feel like it's bound to be like every SO game since SO2. 

Also debating on No More Heroes 3 PS5 and Fallen Legion PS5... not sure those are bound for better discounts or not. 

Anything good to mix with TMNT Shredders Revenge? I know I can do 3 and cancel 2 but wondering if there's any $35-40 games to pick up now. 

Pro tip: you don't get these temp charges when using a Red Card, even the free debit card version
uh, yes, even red cards get these charges. I have the credit card red card.

In fact I have a $258 temp charge that shows up weekly from an order I placed in July where only 1 item is left to ship.

Preordered RE4, Trinity Trigger PS5, Loop 8, and Trails Azure. Picked up Digimon Survive NS, Chaos Head/Noah, and Star Ocean PS5 but unsure if I want SO... feel like it's bound to be like every SO game since SO2.

Also debating on No More Heroes 3 PS5 and Fallen Legion PS5... not sure those are bound for better discounts or not.

Anything good to mix with TMNT Shredders Revenge? I know I can do 3 and cancel 2 but wondering if there's any $35-40 games to pick up now.
Don’t know your interests but games included in that price range are Cult of the Lamb, Baba is You, Rumble Fish 2, Slime Rancher, Eiyuden Chronicle Rising and Unpacking.

I don't remember seeing those temp charges on the debit card in the past (and I've placed some large batches of preorders before) and I know I've seen other people mention that too. Maybe it's a YMMV kinda thing?

Are the odds good P5R for switch via shipping is the steelbook version? It says while supplies last in the description. They don’t seem to have different listings for steelbook/standard like best buy and amazon do.

Are the odds good P5R for switch via shipping is the steelbook version? It says while supplies last in the description. They don’t seem to have different listings for steelbook/standard like best buy and amazon do.
All I’d say is it probably is. Why? If u look at bestbuy listings, the steelbook is only available for shipping not available in stores. Standard edition however is instock instores. The same thing seems to be the case for the target listing, only available for shipping and not instores but hey let’s find out

All I’d say is it probably is. Why? If u look at bestbuy listings, the steelbook is only available for shipping not available in stores. Standard edition however is instock instores. The same thing seems to be the case for the target listing, only available for shipping and not instores but hey let’s find out
Thanks I think I will give it a shot. With already owning a few copies on PlayStation I couldn’t justify full price even for a steelbook.

Thanks I think I will give it a shot. With already owning a few copies on PlayStation I couldn’t justify full price even for a steelbook.
I just checked the upc of the target listing and compared it to bestbuy’s steelbook upc and they’re the same. So most likely we’ll get the steelbook unless target messes up and ships the wrong one or somethin

I don't remember seeing those temp charges on the debit card in the past (and I've placed some large batches of preorders before) and I know I've seen other people mention that too. Maybe it's a YMMV kinda thing?
I've never seen a temp charge on my debit card, it's not a thing.

bread's done
Back