Target Clearance Thread XXIV

P5R came in it is in fact the steelbook so will be returning my other one to bestbuy. Also if a game says out of stock on the site I’m guessing there’s a chance it’ll get restocked. If it says sold out then hell nah

P5R came in it is in fact the steelbook so will be returning my other one to bestbuy. Also if a game says out of stock on the site I’m guessing there’s a chance it’ll get restocked. If it says sold out then hell nah
Looks like physical stores got steelbooks too. I did an order pickup in store and got steelbook P5R.

Foot traffic is the bigger picture here, and if I'm not shopping a retailer in person or online, they're losing potential sales. Best Buy is a great example of a store that alienated their customers by casting gamers aside after years of building loyalty. They have easily lost hundreds, if not thousands of dollars from us over the past few years now. If they brought back their loyalty programs and sold digital at a discount, I'd jump ship from every other retailer offering electronics overnight to be a customer because they'd be offering something of value.
Yes, Best Buy disappointed & alienated a lot of gamers but if you want to talk big picture I think the number of ways in which they have 'gone wrong' in recent years stretches far beyond just this subset of people. I also think that you are overestimating the role or impact that video game promotions have had on driving meaningful foot traffic that actually translates to the upselling of other items. Walmart discontinuing their in-store discounts on new video game releases as of several months ago would seem to be evidence of such and clearly it hasn't had the effect that they were hoping.

Right now, zero retailers are competing in the digital space so I'm shopping directly from MS. That's where retailers are digging their own grave, because I'm not shopping on their site and entertaining other deals to purchase. It doesn't take long for someone to accept that as the norm and stop shopping at a place altogether.
And I'm sure that's how Microsoft (and by extension Sony & Nintendo) would prefer it as it would seem to give them greater control over pricing, promotions, and it eliminates a middle-man taking a cut. In the end retailers can only run whatever deals they can work out or get authorized by the publishers and platform holders. They aren't going to sell you a digital games at a loss just because you expect or demand it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So no 50% off bargain bin a palooza this year?
It’s usually sometime in December. But I don’t think it looks good this year. The endcap at my store where the titles that end up in that sale are stored was recently emptied. I think stuff went to salvage.
Yeah, as I recall it typically would start in mid-December and I've also observed the same situation at multiple stores. I mentioned this about a month ago:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/369240-target-clearance-thread-xxiv/page-94#entry14500440

Anything that would have otherwise been in the traditional annual end-of-year video game clearance may be gone now. It's unfortunate as I managed to find some good stuff last year.

Hello, All, not sure if this was posted earlier -- please forgive, if so -- and also for not having any pics, but I guess that's just not foremost on my mind maybe due to my continuing sadness at this kind of stuff always being sold out by the time I find them.  

At any rate, YMMV, but I saw that my local Target had their Nintendo branded micro SD Cards on clearance. 

The 128GB was around $6, and the 256GB was around $16 or so. 

Not sure about the other sizes like 512 or 64, as they didn't have tags for those.

Anywho, I've been looking to get a bigger card, and this is the kind of deal that I'm always hoping to find, but, alas, no go.  So, I hope y'all have some better luck out there.  May the deals ever be in your favor.  All my best to you and your families.  Take care out there.

Pulse headset $50 (50% off), guess Target trying to get rid off these in favor of Inzone
fcaf4b490c14453bef5508ebcd781842.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

So I put a total of $60+ stuff in my cart which should count towards my spend 60 4 times target circle but then I noticed target shipped the two items separately so one order is 50 and the other 16. Thanks target

So I put a total of $60+ stuff in my cart which should count towards my spend 60 4 times target circle but then I noticed target shipped the two items separately so one order is 50 and the other 16. Thanks target
It counts. It goes by the order number which should remain unchanged.

No idea. I just have a sickness and buy PS5 games when they go on sale or clearance for sub-$15.
I’ve been doing that since the GameCube days. And today I have sealed Xbox, GameCube, PSone, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, and also PS5 games. Mint and new. Countless ones in storage.

I’ve been doing that since the GameCube days. And today I have sealed Xbox, GameCube, PSone, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, and also PS5 games. Mint and new. Countless ones in storage.
I want all of mine to be poured into my casket so that I can be surrounded by them for eternity. :oldman:

You have me beat by a few gaming generations, but still both enlightening and scary that I am not alone in my uhm....habit lol.

You have me beat by a few gaming generations, but still both enlightening and scary that I am not alone in my uhm....habit lol.
It’s quite interesting to see the ‘worth’ of some of my black label GameCube games. I’ve never sold a game and collect for me, yet its fun to look from time to time. Everything I ever bought was intended to be played yet of course as you get older and have less free time, you end up buying a lot of games and playing very few. So now my rule is I only open the game/break the seal when I’m going to play it. Otherwise they stay sealed.

It’s quite interesting to see the ‘worth’ of some of my black label GameCube games. I’ve never sold a game and collect for me, yet its fun to look from time to time. Everything I ever bought was intended to be played yet of course as you get older and have less free time, you end up buying a lot of games and playing very few. So now my rule is I only open the game/break the seal when I’m going to play it. Otherwise they stay sealed.
open cubivore!

open cubivore!
I have so many sealed games I want to play, but cannot bring myself to open them even though I have no intention of selling them. CAG life...

I was actually shocked to see a sealed Cubivore is under a thousand bucks.

I still remember fire emblem path of radiance going for over 700 used complete 2 or 3 years ago. Between that and p3p going for over 300 I was tempted if not for both being among my favorite games.

Ditto, sooooo much ditto. Though in my case I freely admit that anymore sometimes the deal gets in the way of my best intentions to play. I don't buy games I would absolutely never play, but my standards certainly aren't consistent lol.

Target.com's chat has gone downhill. I just had a rep tell me they don't price match an item that is "on sale"....

So this for me, too, Romeo. I do try to only buy games I intend to play, though as you mention, with less free time now, even that seems a sometimes meaningless limiting principle.

i remember selling Walmart Exclusive Metroid Prime sealed many years ago for about $10 on ebay. it was the wavebird bundle. i sold the game without the controller. i even messaged the guy saying he got a great deal on it. i had the starting bid for like a penny. biggest mistake ever. that was the last time i set the bid that low.

In theory, I could PROBABLY unload a pile of older stuff for a decent price, but it seems like the sheer amount of trouble it would take to get a RELATIVELY small amount of money might not be worth it.

I mean, I could use extra money, but there isn't really an easy/safe/secure way to sell "collectible" video games without ever-growing charges.

bread's done
Back