Target Clearance Thread XXIV

That price is more tempting. But I still don't have enough must play titles to get one yet.
Don’t blame you. I have Series X, PS5, and Switch, and PS5 is the least used by a wide margin.

I love Xbox’s game pass and ability to swap between multiple games without closing. Switch has a ton of exclusive titles and portability. PS5 doesn’t have many exclusives, as good a game pass, and can’t hot swap between games. I’ll give PS5 props for a nice controller and supporting ssd as secondary storage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t blame you. I have Series X, PS5, and Switch, and PS5 is the least used by a wide margin.

I love Xbox’s game pass and ability to swap between multiple games without closing. Switch has a ton of exclusive titles and portability. PS5 doesn’t have many exclusives, as good a game pass, and can’t hot swap between games. I’ll give PS5 props for a nice controller and supporting ssd as secondary storage.
I'm entirely in the PS/Switch ecosystems because Sony and Nintendo remain supportive of physical media.

PS5 gets used but mostly as a PS4 Pro, which is fine since it helps run all my PS4 games faster and smoother.

Agree I'd like to see more major exclusives, but Sony IMHO still reigns on AAA titles compared to Xbox. Looking most forward to Stellar Blade next year.

Sure, because Wario64 has never been wrong.

Anyways, Target may have an error going here and will swiftly correct it. Not interested, but good luck to others.
There's a photo of merchandising signage saying it's a Circle deal (which says excludes slim, digital, and bundles), and the deal of the day for tomorrow is a cryptic PS5 deal. Signs point to YES on it so far.

Deciding between another ps5 or the series x with $75 gift card. Unfortunately the diablo version is sold out, but the other is still available for in store pickup. $448 after taxes with the gift card. Thoughts?

Sony will be the last to embrace the digital landscape, at least in the way they should. Cloud-based gaming is still a struggle for those who don't have good internet, and the 1st year of the upgraded PS Plus has been a let down. It's crazy that years old 1st party games aren't available for free yet on the highest tier of the service.

Which is ironic since they have the easily installed additional storage.

Sony will be the last to embrace the digital landscape, at least in the way they should. Cloud-based gaming is still a struggle for those who don't have good internet, and the 1st year of the upgraded PS Plus has been a let down. It's crazy that years old 1st party games aren't available for free yet on the highest tier of the service.

Which is ironic since they have the easily installed additional storage.
Sony could care less tbh

It went live early but no one could check out (assuming it will open in at 3am ET). Seems it’s Digital only and for Store Pickup or In Store only.

Edit: Looks like after it launched it was for the Ps5 Phat that has disk.

Yea I had mine in the cart with the discount but didn’t actually buy it because I don’t need another ps5.

Really good deal for those that need it though.

Yeah they sold out fast.  

But if they are on the floor there is a chance that a person going into the store at opening could possible buy one that’s already been sold to an online pickup.  Because I truly don’t know if their focus is going to be on picking items for online pickups when they first open this morning.

Placed an order when the circle offer appeared but it was at full price. Hopefully an agent will adjust the discount and hopefully the order will go through. Fingers crossed

why is 15 off 90 not working with a controller in cart?

Edit: Works with volcanic red, not cosmic red, strangeness

Deciding between another ps5 or the series x with $75 gift card. Unfortunately the diablo version is sold out, but the other is still available for in store pickup. $448 after taxes with the gift card. Thoughts?
I'd go with whichever you have more content for.

Even without game pass, I prefer Series X to PS5 for quick resume swapping between games.

I was in the chat trying to oil up the rep to discount the ps5 slim with mw3. No luck.

Already have two ps5, so didn't really need another one.
First try with chat yesterday and they offered to match the Spider-Man slim bundle. Had $125 in target credit too, got the new slim bundle for $225! Now to just sell the Spider-Man code and get the disc version.

Do you have a Dollar General around you? Today's the last day, but if you can find enough $25 or $60 ($20x3) Xbox Gift Cards you can get 20% off any Series X bundle on microsoft's store. Basically $352 plus tax out of pocket.

Ended up getting a lone FF16 Deluxe Edition for $42 but the organization for this year's black friday was way more laid back compared to previous

Do you have a Dollar General around you? Today's the last day, but if you can find enough $25 or $60 ($20x3) Xbox Gift Cards you can get 20% off any Series X bundle on microsoft's store. Basically $352 plus tax out of pocket.
Thanks for the info. There is one 15 miles from me:)

I used my $20 off $120 before it expired to buy the 1 TB Western Digital Expansion Card for my Xbox Series X. After the $15 in Target gift cards that I had earned from purchasing gift cards the week before, the total for the Expansion Card was $97.10. It showed up in the mail today.

Used mine on ps elite headset pre order. Sadly can’t use it on earbuds since it ain’t even available for pre order and comes out December 6

Last day for the 10% off Target giftcards. Think Discover has an extra 5% off too.

I noticed on many deal forums people keep posting about the discover offer. I’d bet many already have the promo maxed out. I did last month and this may be the first year I don’t buy the 10% off gift card offer.

I got a $5 off "in store" purchase of $40+ so I went in to buy a book on my lunch break only to find that I couldn't use it because of the 20% off books sale. Ended up leaving empty handed. Is this a new thing or have they always been this hardcore about stacking discounts?

I had a 15% off storewide coupon. I went to pick up a Playstation Portal I had ordered for in store pickup (got extremely lucky). In my haste of ordering it online, I didn't use some gift cards I had wanted to use so when I showed up, I asked to change payment methods. They canceled online order and sold it to me at the register so I could apply gift cards. Now, I had already claimed the 15% on my account and had read the terms and it said excludes Sony hardware, accessories, and games so I didn't think anything of it. When she rang it up, it took the 15% off of the portal at the register much to my surprise.

So, if anybody was interested, I can confirm some of these storewide coupons SHOULD NOT work on Sony Playstation accessories but the register took it off anyway.

Weeeird....I did the "Spend $50 on Home Care products, get a $15 gift card" Target Circle deal earlier...and unless they swapped out some of the items I selected, it appears...I was not only rewarded the $15 gift card, but they deducted $15 from the total as well when it was processed.

Weeeird....I did the "Spend $50 on Home Care products, get a $15 gift card" Target Circle deal earlier...and unless they swapped out some of the items I selected, it appears...I was not only rewarded the $15 gift card, but they deducted $15 from the total as well when it was processed.
There was a 10$ off home care products promotion on circle so that may have part of it.

at a target store? Was it an online only return or actual clearance? Haven't seen this in store in ages.
Actual stock. No return and whats even more strange was a few weeks after going back to same location,2 more popped up so likely they found in back or such

That doesn't surprise me as at my job and when I worked at a few other places stuff is on pallets on giant shelfs in the back just dumped by employees. I remember when I was working at Walmart and found a giant one of ps1 games mostly greatest hits like legend of dragoon crash spyro chrono cross. The usual stuff. Shockingly no ff7 which I would have bought since 7 is the only one I don't own physically in my collection.

Eventually they got out on the floor along with some assorted ps2 stuff .hack gu vol 2 or 3, dark cloud, jak and Daxter 1. But most of them were priced at $33.98. Though. Hack probably resells for double or triple that a few years later. So I sort of regret not grabbing that.

I miss that Walmart before it became a super center. It used to be a really tiny store and alway had the best clearance. I got wiimotes bundled with the eshop card for 15$, a bunch of rpgs typically the same month they came out at 10-15 and they had niche stuff like persona 3 vanilla and tales of vesperia that you'd never see in the wild normally at the time. Vesperia after it sold extremely well and got reprints numerous times by bamco would be more common a few years later.

The nearest target basically replaced them back in 2014 or so for clearance hunting. But in the last few years they have had basically no clearance since after the 3ds 4$ stuff a while back. Sigh.

Last edited:
Target has whole frozen butterball turkey for $1.75 and half spiral ham for $2.65 with Doordash delivery. Fresh whole butterball turkey was $2.30.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back