Target: Coke products - 4 12-packs for $10 (plus free $5 GC) YMMV?

dafunkk12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
That Speedy didn't mention it in his DVD/game postings makes me wonder if it's just regional, but here in Orlando, FL, Target's got a ludicrous deal on Coke 12-packs this week. It's right in the weekly ad flyer. (July 9-16) I don't think it's a clearance to get rid of old overstock, since all the packs have the new redesigned fridge boxes.

Four 12-packs of Coca-Cola products (Coke, Diet Coke, Vault, Sprite, Fanta, Fresca, Barqs, etc) for $10. AND...get a $5 gift card on top of that. Limit 20 packs per customer.

It's such a major deal that there's actually a Coke representative on-hand to make sure the shelves stay well-stocked.

Soda is one of the biggest YMMV things at Target, or any other national retailer for that matter. It has to do with their deals with the local distributor. My parents, who live an hour away, ALWAYS have a better soda deal than I do in my town which is still in the same state even.

man, the HEB near me always has 4/10 going on either coke, pepsi or 7up products. I always just pick up the one on sale.

Guess we're lucky :D

K-Mart runs this deal at least once a month in this region... I remember that from working there. One week it would be Pepsi products, one week it would be Coke, there would be a break for a few weeks and it would start again.

Target does the same thing, so does the grocery store... it's real easy to get a deal on soda.

This happens very often. I'll get enough to keep me stocked for about 2 - 3 months (which is about 8 cases) and just wait for the next deal.

The $5 gift card is the only variation, that's kind of crazy.

Too bad I just bought 30 12 packs of Coke products July 4th week at Albertson's supermarket, they were 5 for $10 but had a rebate (one per household) of $10, essentially rendering the 12 packs free if (had you only bought five). I couldn't pass up getting 10 more for $20 though. Somehow I still think I'll go to Target so I can get a few $5 gift cards and have soda for a fuckin' year!

[quote name='dafunkk12']That Speedy didn't mention it in his DVD/game postings makes me wonder if it's just regional, but here in Orlando, FL, Target's got a ludicrous deal on Coke 12-packs this week. It's right in the weekly ad flyer. (July 9-16) I don't think it's a clearance to get rid of old overstock, since all the packs have the new redesigned fridge boxes.

Four 12-packs of Coca-Cola products (Coke, Diet Coke, Vault, Sprite, Fanta, Fresca, Barqs, etc) for $10. AND...get a $5 gift card on top of that. Limit 20 packs per customer.

It's such a major deal that there's actually a Coke representative on-hand to make sure the shelves stay well-stocked.[/QUOTE]

$1.25 per 6 cans isn't really much of a deal. If it were $1.00 per 6 cans (which is what is should be) then I'd be all over this.

[quote name='Zon27']$1.25 per 6 cans isn't really much of a deal. If it were $1.00 per 6 cans (which is what is should be) then I'd be all over this.[/QUOTE]
($10 - $5 GC) / 4 packs X 12 Cans per pack = $0.11 per can

Only a few regions are doing in the $5GC. I've had people ask me about it because of word of mouth, they are not happy when I've gotta tell them "sorry, but our region is not doing the promotion"

bread's done
Back