Target Exclusive Tony Hawk Project 8 w/Deck for $62.98!

rabidmonkeys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Everyone was so busy talking about the Zelda set from Target, I never head that they have an exclusive PS2 version of Tony Hawk Project 8, with a deck! The retail said $89.99, but I found a stack of them at my local Target, marked down to $76.48. When she rang me up, it came up as $62.98! If you havent seen this it's amazing.

It has:

* Tony Hawk Project 8 for PS2
* "Signed" Deck
* a set of metal hooks to hang the deck on the wall.
* Certificate of Authenticity
* Code to unlock the deck in the PS2 version of the game

I searched before I posted and I know this is already in the Target thread, but it's buried so deep and no one seems to know anything about it, I thought I deserved it's own thread so people would see it. Especially when it's only $13 more than the normal PS2 version.

UPDATE: I've added more pictures on my site: theHardcoreGamer.com

I painted my own blank deck in about the same style, actualy. Using a folded-over piece of manoleum, some automotive dye product, and a little imagination.

It looks fantastic. I let it sit overnight, then scraped off the excess dye, and ended up with the design dyed right into the white paint of the board.

(btw, I use white mini-logo superlight decks)

[quote name='Rictor']Why did this need it's own thread? It's been reported extensively in the Target clearance thread. All the stores around here still have a TON of these. I'm waiting for it to hit 75% off, which will be $20.[/QUOTE]
The 49 other posts in this thread are obviously the answer. Thank you for trolling though. Now, get back into your squad car and eat a donut, Repost-police.

[quote name='propeller_head']what are those 2 magic marker lines at the top for?[/QUOTE]
:lol:

Here, you might want to look at it from another angle ;):

img_hawk_hooks.jpg

(in case you didn't figure it out yet, those are hooks, not marks)

Picked up yesterday. Board is 'Designed in California. Made in China' a la anything Apple made. The sticker that says this is on the top of the deck (not visible in packaging).

I've got a blank wall in my room that I need to fill up with something. I've always liked the art on boards so I thought this one would be a good one to start with. Now, are these hooks for holding up boards also available in local skate shops? I'm guessing I can also use them to hang the boards horizontally right?

The Milestrip Rd, Hamburg, NY store had the PS2 version down to $49.98 and the X-Box still at $62.98. At least 10 PS2's but only 1 X-Box that I saw.

[quote name='evilt1000']The Milestrip Rd, Hamburg, NY store had the PS2 version down to $49.98 and the X-Box still at $62.98. At least 10 PS2's but only 1 X-Box that I saw.[/quote]Was that a recent clearance price drop for the PS2 version? Wondering if it was at $63 yesterday in your area and they just dropped it today.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I've got a blank wall in my room that I need to fill up with something. I've always liked the art on boards so I thought this one would be a good one to start with. Now, are these hooks for holding up boards also available in local skate shops? I'm guessing I can also use them to hang the boards horizontally right?[/quote]

None of mine have, they usually have a long 2 x 4 with two nails driven into it to hold the decks up for displays. My wife got my hangers from ebay - two for $9.

DSC00616.jpg

DSC00617.jpg

DSC00618.jpg
DSC00619.jpg

Oooh...those are nice. And an Indy CAG as well. So does anyone else here have suggestions for good online shops that has good prices on decks?

My mistake, The PS2 one is actually $44.98 and the XBOX is still 62.98. I think the price on the PS2 must have dropped in the last week or so because I was at another Target in the area on Thursday and all of them were marked $62.98.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Oooh...those are nice. And an Indy CAG as well. So does anyone else here have suggestions for good online shops that has good prices on decks?[/quote]

Anything I've gotten online is through www.skateamerica.com. I never really shopped around so I'm not to sure how good their prices are compared to others.

$44.98 for these sets now at some stores. Some still have them at 62 though. Target really needs to get a bit more consistent with these company wide clearances.

Just picked up the PS2 set at the Mountain View, CA store for $24.40 total!!! The game it self is still selling at $39.99 + tax!!!

They have 3 more PS2 version and 1 xbox version left at this store!

[quote name='hbkhbk']Just picked up the PS2 set at the Mountain View, CA store for $24.40 total!!! The game it self is still selling at $39.99 + tax!!!

They have 3 more PS2 version and 1 xbox version left at this store![/quote]

Thanks. At that price, I'll have to check out my local Target.

I've checked a few of the Indy Targets and it seems they send them out after the $44.98 price point. The Cali Targets seem to be the only ones I've noticed marking them all the way down to $23.

I went out to three Targets in my area and all were still priced at $89 so maybe there are different prices at different stores?

[quote name='honkydorky']$44.98 for these sets now at some stores. Some still have them at 62 though. Target really needs to get a bit more consistent with these company wide clearances.[/quote]

yeah, no fracking doubt!!!!

[quote name='hbkhbk']Just picked up the PS2 set at the Mountain View, CA store for $24.40 total!!! The game it self is still selling at $39.99 + tax!!!

They have 3 more PS2 version and 1 xbox version left at this store![/QUOTE]
i got the same deal at an SF bay area target (fairfield, CA). if you're not picky about country of manufacture (china), it does seem to be a fine "pro" quality adult-sized deck ("made from canadian maple")... and a ridiculously good price for a deck & a videogame, no matter how you slice it.

for any skateboarding newbies: there's a big difference between one of these and a typical toy-store skateboard. get one of these, then go to a skate shop (prolly under sporting goods in the phone book) and buy 2 trucks (skateboard axles, basically), 4 wheels & 4 sets of bearings, plus some grip tape (adhesive-backed sandpaper, so your shoes won't slip off)... i'm sure the shop will be able to advise you on what brands of trucks & wheels are good... and you can build a board that any pro skater would be happy to use. it will be a much smoother, more satisfying ride than the average toy-store skateboard.

I have a few on ebay right now. I didn't realize these things were this hard to find. $5 off if a CAG member wins. But with the way ebay prices have been going, check your Targets before trying to win one.

[quote name='honkydorky']$44.98 for these sets now at some stores. Some still have them at 62 though. Target really needs to get a bit more consistent with these company wide clearances.[/quote]

Its based on sales.
So if Target A has four decks and sales three at $62 the system is seeing that 75% of stock sold at that price. If Target B has four decks and sales one at $62 then the system sees that they've only sold 25% of the sock and will be put in to have the price dropped faster to move the product out faster.

Yeah I have seen them at my target, but they have like.....20 or 25 of them left.I still want to get it at like $30. I am mad because the had 2 zelda shields a couple of weeks ago, now they dissapeared.

I picked one up yesterday for $22. The Target in Redondo Beach, CA (by the Galleria) had about 8 more sets. Beware though, a couple were opened and the game was missing. (There were also a couple open with the game though...). I got one of the last sealed boxes.

Wait, if the PS2 game is packaged with the skateboard AND is priced at $25-ish total in some stores, why aren't these flying off the shelves at record speed? There should be zero left (because you're getting a $50 game + a cool item worth at least $20 itself)

Unless people, like me, just don't care for the PS2 version. I just want that rad board. Do people still say rad these days?

I'd much rather go back and play Pro Skater 4. The PS2 version of Project 8 isn't very good so I'd strongly advise trading in the game. The shop near me has a trade-in value of $15, so that essentially means getting the deck for 7 bucks and change.

bread's done
Back