Target - FIFA 09 & NHL 09 $39.99 YMMV

[quote name='erectiontown']man, i'd really like to pick up NHL, but $40 is still steep for an EA sports game[/QUOTE]
I gotta disagree. $40 for FIFA would be a steal and everything I've heard says that this year's EA NHL game is one of the best hockey games of all-time. I decided not to get a hockey game this year but I'm tempted by this deal.

[quote name='erectiontown']man, i'd really like to pick up NHL, but $40 is still steep for an EA sports game[/quote]

I mostly agree, they drop pretty quickly when the new ones come out. I'm tempted because of how good I heard it is but with my backlog I can wait.

I bought NHL09 awhile ago when Target had it on sale for $39.99 after hearing all of the rave reviews. I wasn't that impressed. Better than previous versions, yes. Greatest thing since the curved blade, no. If you've waited this long and can keep waiting till next year, I'd recommend keep waiting.

NHL 09 is probably my favorite game ever. I could have bought it for $100+ and I still would have gotten my money's worth. Next year won't be till the second week or so in September. That is about 7 months away. Pick this up.

I bought the PS3 version of NHL09 a little over a month ago for full price because you simply could not find any hockey games in St.Louis(we love our hockey).Anyhow it is the game I have logged the most time with,the online has me addicted, and leagues and teams still form.Shoot I was worried about being able to find a club,but found 1 the first two days and am being invited to more weekly.The community is great especially if you find a team with a good core group of guys.I wanted Fifa too,especially for its 10v10 online,but at the time had to make a choice.Not sure but think Fifa 10 comes out summer so that one is up to you.Buy NHL09 FOR SURE.

[quote name='Powerforward']I bought NHL09 awhile ago when Target had it on sale for $39.99 after hearing all of the rave reviews. I wasn't that impressed. Better than previous versions, yes. Greatest thing since the curved blade, no. If you've waited this long and can keep waiting till next year, I'd recommend keep waiting.[/quote]

Ehhh...the basic season and Be a Pro are good,but nothing touches the presentation values of the old ESPN and prior to that 2k series.However,what really makes this a must buy is the online.It is seamless and really never lets me down.As sim as he 2k versions prior?No not exactly.Most fun I am having right now?Hell yeah.

I'm a former hockey player and I look forward to very few games like I do the season's hockey game. NHL 09 is bar none, the greatest hockey game ever made. It's as close to perfect as you can get. I've had it since a week before release, and its one of the few games that I have ever played every single day since release this far into its lifespan. Its extremely deep and modes like Be a Pro add to the longevity like no other sports game I've ever played.

If you are a fan of the game of hockey at all, 39.99 is a great price and its well worth it.

$40 for the two best games in their sport is rad! These are the best Hockey & Soccer/Football games ever made. EA or not... get over it! NHL 09 is fantastic...

[quote name='erectiontown']man, you guys are really selling me on nhl[/quote]

You should have left and bought it already!One warning though,be a team player and not one of these show off type players online.Your team will get destroyed.

HELL yeah finally.. I've been holding off on getting this becuase the $59.99 price tag just shy's me away. I've never payed for any 360 game at a full 59.99 still and I'll be dammed that i'll pay that for the 1 Sports game I'll ever play. Thanks OP. Will be scouring all of my targets today for one.

EDIT: 1:06 MST
I went to my local target during lunch and they didn't have it marked down but the dude w/ the scanner gun checked the system and got it @ 39.99
In for 1. GOAL!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TimDJ84']You should have left and bought it already!One warning though,be a team player and not one of these show off type players online.Your team will get destroyed.[/quote]
i need to go to target to pick up some stuff later after work anyway, so this may be fate for me to pick it up. the last nhl game i played was 2001

Hey guys...just wondering...will this ring up as 39.99? I think the sticker says 59.99 still...is it in the system the other way?

Someone above said it did. It's worth to check. I've had NHL since release but I just picked up FIFA a couple of days ago and it is great as well!

Target by me, in the Chicago burbs (Countryside), had NHL and Nascar as the temp price drop games as of this past Saturday.

I was surprised to see NHL. So surprised I bought it on the spot. Score one for right place right time. :)

[quote name='bredfan']Target by me, in the Chicago burbs (Countryside), had NHL and Nascar as the temp price drop games as of this past Saturday.

I was surprised to see NHL. So surprised I bought it on the spot. Score one for right place right time. :)[/quote]
so these are $30 now or what?

Thanks guys! Picked up NHL 09 and it did ring up at 39.99! Was tempted to pick up Fifa but I just bought the Sega Collection!

My local Target had FIFA 09 for the PS3 for $29.99 and $39.99 for the 360. I regret not picking up the PS3 version, might go back tomorrow and hopefully will still be there.

The Target in Frederick, MD has Fifa '09 (PS3) for $29.99 and NHL '09 (PS3) for $39.99, didn't think to look for the 360. Tag said the prices were good through the 23rd.

They didn't have NHL at the time, so I got Fifa and will check back for NHL later in the week. Thanks everyone!

bread's done
Back