Target Glitch - Nintendo Switch Lite Yellow for $86.99 [DEAD OOS]

Why do people bicker about the Switch Lite not having TV functionality? I had the Switch for three months, I played it once on the TV for Mario Kart with friends and we got tired of it after ten minutes. The Switch Lite is much more portable, you don't have the feeling of the joycons snapping off the rails as you play it, and it's cheaper while only losing bluetooth and TV functionality, neither of which many Switch owners use.

This "har har you should pay 50% more for a *real* Switch" reeks of jealousy and attempting to talk oneself out of purchasing a second switch because one doesn't have the latest model.

Now I understand wanting to let peoplewho are clueless know that the Switch Lite doesn't have TV functionality, but devaluing another gamer's choice of a cheaper and more portable system by insinuating it's not a "real' switch? Go back to Twitter or Reddit for that BS.

The only thing I wish it didn’t lose was hd rumble

But I’m still buying the Pokémon edition of the switch lite

Even though the vast majority of my gaming on the Switch is handheld.. the loss of TV connection *was* the deal breaker for me to have a 2nd Switch. Everything else it lost was something I could have done without.

I don't want one, but i'm not judging anyone that does want one though. (I'd have bought one if I could have got in on this deal)

Why do people bicker about the Switch Lite not having TV functionality? I had the Switch for three months, I played it once on the TV for Mario Kart with friends and we got tired of it after ten minutes. The Switch Lite is much more portable, you don't have the feeling of the joycons snapping off the rails as you play it, and it's cheaper while only losing bluetooth and TV functionality, neither of which many Switch owners use.

This "har har you should pay 50% more for a *real* Switch" reeks of jealousy and attempting to talk oneself out of purchasing a second switch because one doesn't have the latest model.

Now I understand wanting to let peoplewho are clueless know that the Switch Lite doesn't have TV functionality, but devaluing another gamer's choice of a cheaper and more portable system by insinuating it's not a "real' switch? Go back to Twitter or Reddit for that BS.
Its no longer a Nintendo, "Switch," some games lose functionality, and the most recent update has better battery life then the Lite

I am assuming these will be canceled so I’m not going to say that I am bummed about missing out on this, but I will say that I am interested in the Switch Lite. I think having a Switch for travel like this would be ideal. I mainly play my current Switch in handheld like most in here, but having one that is a little bit more solidified in its build when actually going out and about with it would make me feel even better about taking it. Plus when I go to bed at night I would actually get to play it because my wife currently enjoys playing it instead. Lol!
https://imgur.com/a/PlYkgav My order didn’t cancel

Last edited by a moderator:
Its no longer a Nintendo, "Switch," some games lose functionality, and the most recent update has better battery life then the Lite
Yeah, in the same way a "2DS" is no longer in "3D" or a "3DS" for that matter, and by no surprise, that is the last 3DS left standing, as the only official "3DS" system left. The "New" 3DS models also supports games that the bigger OG "3DS" & "XL"user base can no longer play or use like SNES VC games, or specific new titles like Minecraft, Binding of Isaac or Xenoblade.

So what is shown as no longer a "Switch", is pretty much the same as the 2DS that is no longer a 3DS, even though it plays and functions just fine for over 95% of games. And what a shocker, as "3D" is the main feature of a 3DS, and yet the 2D models are the only ones left and promoted on their site. Can people really be this clueless?

I for one have said from day one I found the NS way over priced for what was being offered, and people argude that opinion, like I was suppose to be happy with the NS, just because they are. I have ZERO interest in playing this on a TV, taking off the JC, or using motion controls of any kind. So why would I buy the OG Switch? If I wanted those features, I would have bought that unit. So I didn't want to pay for features I find 110% completely useless, and now I have a choice, and that's a problem why?

I also wanted a handheld that was more portable, and a handheld with a proper D-Pad that I don't have to pay an extra $70 to acquire(a d-pad is standard on most systems since FOREVER). So the NS I wanted, had features the $300 NS didn't have or offer, and why would I pay for that? You can still buy the so called "Switch" that Switches, and another that is clearly labeled "Lite", which implies less features. If it was called the Switch "Plus", then I could see the issue, but of course, that's not the case.

Why do you care so much? The fact that the 2DS released didn't impact my enjoyment of my 3DS, and the release of this won't make me enjoy my Switch any less. If it makes people happy to save $100, be happy for them.

If they allowed TV functionality for the Switch Lite, there would be no reason for people to buy the original model... unless they think a slightly better battery and HD rumble are worth an extra $100, which most wouldn't even consider.

you got tired of playing Mario kart on a tv?

you got tired of playing Mario kart on a tv?
Yes, my friends became bored from playing Mario Kart after about 4-8 races. We played it together on a TV, four-player split-screen.

Ugh, everything was so large and easy to see. One might not know where to look!
My friends were bored with the game itself, not tired from playing it on a TV in particular. I don't have the luxury of many local friends who enjoy Nintendo kart racers or Smash Bros for more than a night's novelty. It'd be nice to have a couple Ninty buds around (maybe I wouldn't have sold my Switch!), but I find that some people are just unrelenting ass-holes.

I'm glad there are more options for the switch... even with the Switch Lite being gimped. Some people only want a handheld and don't care for console gaming. I used to think I was one of those people but I've spent the vast majority of my time with the switch in docked mode over these first few years. I never would have guessed that and glad I had more options with the system. Plus, most games play better docked anyway. Seems like the whole power difference (docked vs handheld) is being forgotten.

If they allowed TV functionality for the Switch Lite, there would be no reason for people to buy the original model... unless they think a slightly better battery and HD rumble are worth an extra $100, which most wouldn't even consider.
I doubt they would have packed in the dock.

Also you are forgetting that the regular switch in docked mode runs games better than handheld mode. You often get better a better framerate and higher resolution graphics. Oh and also you are forgetting too that it allows a lot more same screen multiplayer when docked... making it more of a party machine. Oh and handheld mode, don't discount the larger screen of the regular switch... some games have very small fonts and that will be even harder to deal with on the switch lite. At least when they are too small on the regular switch you can dock it and play the games on whatever size tv/projector/monitor you have.

Had they allowed the docking feature, I'd have considered the switch for my kids since they could always just use my dock and share a game experience that way. As is, I'd lean towards the regular switch simply because the dock and seeing the games running at full framerate/resolution is worth the extra $100.

(a d-pad is standard on most systems since FOREVER)
I don't consider what has been on sony systems FOREVER to be a real dpad. It's another segmented feeling thing not far from what the switch has. Ultimately it works, but it's a step down from the traditional + shaped dpad.

Yes, my friends became bored from playing Mario Kart after about 4-8 races. We played it together on a TV, four-player split-screen.

My friends were bored with the game itself, not tired from playing it on a TV in particular. I don't have the luxury of many local friends who enjoy Nintendo kart racers or Smash Bros for more than a night's novelty. It'd be nice to have a couple Ninty buds around (maybe I wouldn't have sold my Switch!), but I find that some people are just unrelenting ass-holes.
Fair enough. I have a similar issue in that my friends and I can't get together as much as we used to, at least not for just gaming. And Nintendo's online continues to be a shit show. Yet I still buy Nintendo systems and games ... probably chasing nostalgia, lol.

Uh... $113 (shown in the photo) is the difference between MSRP of $199.99 for the Switch Lite and the glitch price of $86.99.
Ooh, gotcha, sorry. I sincerely hope you guys actually get it shipped, mine was canceled but I didn’t reeeally want one, so I wasn’t super upset.

Hope you guys get it, Target just needs to take a small hit every once in a while for all their price mistakes. ✌🏻

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my Switch. I’ve played it on my tv a lot, but far and away way more time in handheld mode. It’s just how I’ve gotten used to using it. I don’t see a big plus putting it on the tv. I play my PS4 on my tv. I played through all of the new fire emblem game in handheld and rate it 9/10 for my satisfaction with the entire experience.

I doubt they would have packed in the dock.

Also you are forgetting that the regular switch in docked mode runs games better than handheld mode. You often get better a better framerate and higher resolution graphics. Oh and also you are forgetting too that it allows a lot more same screen multiplayer when docked... making it more of a party machine. Oh and handheld mode, don't discount the larger screen of the regular switch... some games have very small fonts and that will be even harder to deal with on the switch lite. At least when they are too small on the regular switch you can dock it and play the games on whatever size tv/projector/monitor you have.

Had they allowed the docking feature, I'd have considered the switch for my kids since they could always just use my dock and share a game experience that way. As is, I'd lean towards the regular switch simply because the dock and seeing the games running at full framerate/resolution is worth the extra $100.
I didn't forget them, they're barely compelling points for the general consumer to spend an extra $100 - I mean, all of them, aside from the dock, are contingent on a set of circumstances that might come up. Die-hards or those really into gaming are in luck, because the OG Switch was made exactly for them. The Switch Lite is for everyone else.

The only thing missing from the Lite that I wish was there, would be some form of rumble, not really the HD, but just some form of shaking. LOL

Of course no handheld has really had a rumble feature due to the limited battery power, but I would like the option at some point, but I'm not holding my breath. The Nvidia Shield Portable I thought was the best candidate for a rumble feature, as that system had a great battery life, but it was very competitively priced, and I'm sure a rumble would have put it over the edge.

Otherwise, the lite is just what I expected and wanted in a budget priced NS, nothing more and nothing less.

Yeah, in the same way a "2DS" is no longer in "3D" or a "3DS" for that matter, and by no surprise, that is the last 3DS left standing, as the only official "3DS" system left. The "New" 3DS models also supports games that the bigger OG "3DS" & "XL"user base can no longer play or use like SNES VC games, or specific new titles like Minecraft, Binding of Isaac or Xenoblade.
As someone who has had to buy and sell New 3ds's, I hate Nintendo so much for naming those devices. Even at gamestop they have no Idea wtf Im talking about when I ask for a small new 3DS with changeable face plates.

As someone who has had to buy and sell New 3ds's, I hate Nintendo so much for naming those devices. Even at gamestop they have no Idea wtf Im talking about when I ask for a small new 3DS with changeable face plates.
Yeah, NoA releasing the "New" standard model here a year after the rest of the world did us ZERO favors in regards to brand recognition. If you or anyone else is interested in plates or accessories at this point, NoA still has some leftovers on their online shop. The plate selection is pretty lackluster at this point, but better than dealing with a game store that knows almost zero about actual "gaming". LOL

bread's done
Back