Target has some pretty good sales on seasons of shows.

Green_Arrow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just got back from one, picked up Castle season 1 for $15 and Psych season 5 for $8. They had Hannibal season 1 for $15 for both the DVD and Blu-Ray, several Mad Men and Friday Night Lights seasons for $10. and a bunch of other $8 ones. Has Castle ever been below $20? I had to snag that because I never saw it that cheap. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from one, picked up Castle season 1 for $15 and Psych season 5 for $8. They had Hannibal season 1 for $15 for both the DVD and Blu-Ray, several Mad Men seasons for $10. and a bunch of other $8 ones. Has Castle ever been below $20? I had to snag that because I never saw it that cheap.
Not that I know of. =/ But they don't have Hannibal Season 1 on the site. Target, why?!?!?!

Plus, it expires end of today! And I am snowed in until tomorrow when I have to work ;.; .

I would have definitely bought Hannibal but they were sold out :(
Sad thing is this was on sale for the past 3 and a half weeks! >< But there was so little advertisement on it on CAG that I didn't know about it...had to effing Google it to find out about it...and on the last day, no less.

Oh, well. Always next Black Friday.

Update: I just went onto eBay. Someone was selling Brand New copies of Hannibal Season 1 DVD and Arrow Season 1 DVD for $13 each and free shipping. They did list them with their UPC codes and had stock photos...and listed no returns/exchanges...but I bit since both were coming from Colorado and the guy's got over 5,000 feedback. $26 for both on DVD was worth it. =/ Sorry, Target.

BTW...I know I will enjoy Hannibal since I saw the pilot, but is Arrow truly that good?

Sad thing is this was on sale for the past 3 and a half weeks! >< But there was so little advertisement on it on CAG that I didn't know about it...had to effing Google it to find out about it...and on the last day, no less.

Oh, well. Always next Black Friday.

Update: I just went onto eBay. Someone was selling Brand New copies of Hannibal Season 1 DVD and Arrow Season 1 DVD for $13 each and free shipping. They did list them with their UPC codes and had stock photos...and listed no returns/exchanges...but I bit since both were coming from Colorado and the guy's got over 5,000 feedback. $26 for both on DVD was worth it. =/ Sorry, Target.

BTW...I know I will enjoy Hannibal since I saw the pilot, but is Arrow truly that good?
I like Arrow quite a bit. It has its slow moments, as do most 20+ episodes-a-season shows. And it's certainly not an amazing show, but it can be enjoyable if you appreciate good dynamics. Nothing ever aggravated me regarding the characters' relationships. (I will drop a show if a character repeatedly reacts to another in a way that is unlike them.) So it definitely succeeds in that department. But FYI: They take some liberties when it comes to the comics original ways, but so do modern comics. None of the changes should bother you greatly. Just keep in mind it's an adaptation, and adaptations are allowed to ... well, adapt. I think that's something people forget -- "adjust" is in the word's definition. And thanks for the eBay mention, I think I may check that out first before going to Target.

I like it quite a bit. It has its slow moments, as do most 20+ episodes-a-season shows. And it's certainly not an amazing show, but it can be enjoyable if you appreciate good dynamics. Nothing ever aggravated me regarding the characters' relationships. (I will drop a show immediately if a character reacts to another in a way that is unlike them.) So it definitely succeeds in that department. But FYI: They take some liberties when it comes to the comics original ways, but so do modern comics. None of the changes should bother you greatly. Just keep in mind it's an adaptation, and adaptations are allowed to ... well, adapt. I think that's something people forget -- "adjust" is in the word's definition. And thanks for the eBay mention, I think I may check that out first before going to Target.
I got into Batman just watching TAS and the movies; same for Superman, Spiderman, The Avengers, etc. As someone who never read the comics for these guys, if Arrow stands out on its own as a great show, then I will enjoy it.

And I would check eBay regardless. The Target sale on Hannibal and such expired yesterday, according to the tag. But I saw DVD copies of Arrow and Hannibal Season 1 on eBay for as low as $10 when I checked yesterday (not new, mind you, if you care for that stuff). I got a lot of my DVDs recently on eBay. $28 for Downton Abbey Seasons 1-3, $40 for Justified Seasons 1-4, $45 for Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1-5...I also saw Walking Dead Seasons 1-3 on DVD for $25-30 (I bought the Season 1 LE and Season 2 on Blu-Ray stupidly from Best Buy for $40, but the LE was worth it and since they had Season 2 for the same price...heck with it), Tudors Complete Box Set for $30-40, Borgias Complete Series for $25-30, but ran out of cash for them...hopefully, if they are still on sale when I get some more, I'll go for them.

You can get some good DVD deals on eBay for TV if you keep an eye out. I'm preparing to get a DVD binder to load up with my disks and put the cases into storage.

I got into Batman just watching TAS and the movies; same for Superman, Spiderman, The Avengers, etc. As someone who never read the comics for these guys, if Arrow stands out on its own as a great show, then I will enjoy it.

And I would check eBay regardless. The Target sale on Hannibal and such expired yesterday, according to the tag. But I saw DVD copies of Arrow and Hannibal Season 1 on eBay for as low as $10 when I checked yesterday (not new, mind you, if you care for that stuff). I got a lot of my DVDs recently on eBay. $28 for Downton Abbey Seasons 1-3, $40 for Justified Seasons 1-4, $45 for Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1-5...I also saw Walking Dead Seasons 1-3 on DVD for $25-30 (I bought the Season 1 LE and Season 2 on Blu-Ray stupidly from Best Buy for $40, but the LE was worth it and since they had Season 2 for the same price...heck with it), Tudors Complete Box Set for $30-40, Borgias Complete Series for $25-30, but ran out of cash for them...hopefully, if they are still on sale when I get some more, I'll go for them.

You can get some good DVD deals on eBay for TV if you keep an eye out. I'm preparing to get a DVD binder to load up with my disks and put the cases into storage.
I don't know why I thought those sales lasted past Saturday. And I always thought they ran for 2 weeks - maybe that's more so why I assumed I'd still catch the deal. Anyway..... Nice snags on eBay for your tv shows! Will definitely look into getting Hannibal on there. I just got a PSP bundle a week ago for $85 total, which came with a lightly used 2000 model (w/ screen protector on it), 1gb memory card, power adapter, car charger, 7 games (good games that I found on best of/underrated lists), 2 UMD movies, and a case with Han Solo in carbonite. :) And that reminds me, need to check eBay for a larger memory card too.

I'll disclaim this by saying I watch Arrow. I like it.

However, it definitely suffers from CW show syndrome. That's where the writers don't think you're smart enough to keep up with the story or remember the recap from the previous week at the beginning of the show, so the characters recount plot half the time they're speaking. It's super annoying.

I'll disclaim this by saying I watch Arrow. I like it.

However, it definitely suffers from CW show syndrome. That's where the writers don't think you're smart enough to keep up with the story or remember the recap from the previous week at the beginning of the show, so the characters recount plot half the time they're speaking. It's super annoying.
Yeah.. I got about half way through the first season and I just couldn't take it anymore.

bread's done
Back