Target: Knack (PS4)- $39.99 (pricing error, YMMV)

mpaullin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
155 (100%)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/108481374@N04/10820232684/lightbox/

Sorry for the blurry pic. I was just in Target and saw the price tag for Knack was $39.99.  It scans at $59.99, but they honored the incorrect price for me. They didn't have any of the other games I was looking for for buy 2 get 1 (Injustice PS4, new Xcom, new Ratchet and Clank), so I just bought two other $39.99 games and returned them, making Knack $26 in the end.

Edit: I can't just paste a jpeg picture in my post? Lame.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm debating this right now. I picked it up with 2 copies of Pokémon X thinking my brother might want to buy the extra off me but he wasn't interested. Now I'm trying to decide if I should return it or give it to a friend of mine that can't afford to pick up all but the absolute must haves for him. Pokémon is not possible for him right now as money is tighter than normal since he was unemployed for so long so I thought it'd make a cool surprise. His birthday is coming up in three weeks but I already bought him that Final Fantasy art book a few months ago for him as a birthmas present. Maybe I should give him the art book for his birthday and super surprise him with the game on Christmas? He already knows I bought the art book, still don't know how he figured it out since I haven't even taken it out of the box Amazon shipped it in.

I mentioned doing this in the OP. Reviews are out today and seem to be pretty middling. I'm debating selling my copy now while the getting is good or making an attempt at playing/enjoying it. I have 4 other PS4 games for launch on Friday, so I could see me not even bothering with this game for awhile.
I've kind of been bummed out after these reviews. I still sort of want to play it, and may try to get it for $26.66 and then try to flip it like some people have said. Not sure though, I may just avoid it after some of the bad reviews.I thought I wanted Knack, Killzone and NBA 2k14 at launch. I know I still want the other two, but something else may be taking the spot of Knack.

Thanks OP! I was at Target and decided to check CAG right before leaving. I circled back to the games and found that they had one final copy with the $39.99 tag still intact. Got the price adjustment no problem.

So yeah, now I have 2 copies of this game. I have to decide what to do with my $50 Amazon copy...

Wow, this game is getting worse reviews than Too Human. haha

It'll be $7.44 on Target clearance next month if you really want it. :p

Ugh, kinda wish i went for AC4 but whatever. Got the b2g1 and 30% off, i can easily plat it and sell and likely get more than the price i paid.

At a 59 now on Metacritic:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/knack

While paying $60 for it might be a stretch, if you can pull off the $26.66 from Target I think it looks OK for a launch game. As long as you plan on playing it right away that is. It may be a "Genji" or "Lair" type game in the long run - that is a decent launch-window game that gets overshadowed by many others in the long run and becomes $5 bargain bin fodder. But for right now it is the only PS4 game I want to play besides NBA 2K14 and the PS+ freebies. And according to the blurb on the cover it has 2 player coop which gives me an excuse to use that second controller I picked up from $30 from Amazon (and play it with my kids).

At a 59 now on Metacritic:http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/knackWhile paying $60 for it might be a stretch, if you can pull off the $26.66 from Target I think it looks OK for a launch game. As long as you plan on playing it right away that is. It may be a "Genji" or "Lair" type game in the long run - that is a decent launch-window game that gets overshadowed by many others in the long run and becomes $5 bargain bin fodder. But for right now it is the only PS4 game I want to play besides NBA 2K14 and the PS+ freebies. And according to the blurb on the cover it has 2 player coop which gives me an excuse to use that second controller I picked up from $30 from Amazon (and play it with my kids).
30 dollar controller on amazon, how?

am i the only one here who really likes this game ? lol. besides with ”pro” reviewers influenced by many things these days comapired to the ps2/xbox/gamecube days i cant take them serious anymore. i get games based off what i see and if i think i will like it :D

am i the only one here who really likes this game ? lol. besides with ”pro” reviewers influenced by many things these days comapired to the ps2/xbox/gamecube days i cant take them serious anymore. i get games based off what i see and if i think i will like it :D
Its sad but CAGS mainly rely on reviews. I would like to assume these are the CAGS who have a "huge backlog." I rely on what I see and think I will like as you do. But others collect games to display on their shelves and think a review is overly important.

Its sad but CAGS mainly rely on reviews. I would like to assume these are the CAGS who have a "huge backlog." I rely on what I see and think I will like as you do. But others collect games to display on their shelves and think a review is overly important.
people have to remember that big review sites like ign get big time advertising bucks from publishers so their reviews can cost them money if not carefull (like the kane and lynch fiasco). heck not that long ago polygon.com got over 800,000$ from microsoft and now they rate basically every playstation exclusive game low lol.

And according to the blurb on the cover it has 2 player coop which gives me an excuse to use that second controller I picked up
It's for this reason only that I'll consider picking it up...eventually...

...if doesn't come to ps+ first :rofl:

I get the sense somewhat that CAGs aren't relying on the reviews in terms of the quality of the game so much as they're relying on the reviews to dictate the speed in which the price drops, which is a smart thing to do. A 5/10 average game will drop in price faster than others.

bread's done
Back