Target Midnight Special - COD Vita Bundle ($50 GC + 5% off + $10 off coupon)

iduncurr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Available from 12am-1am on Nov 12-13 only in select Target stores though
Target is offering $50 GC with the purchase of Call of Duty Vita bundle.
Stack it up with the 5% Red Card
and the $10 off any $100 electronics purchase and it pretty much beats out BF deal but without the BF mayhem.

I guess Target is trying to compete with Best Buy/Gamestop's midnight release?

If nothing else the coupon might be useful for another purchase.

Coupon Details
Offer valid 10 PM 11/12-11/13/12. Video game accessories, video game hardware, video game software, TV accessories, and TVs. Text SAVEBIG to TARGET (827438) to receive this offer delivered to your mobile phone. Message and data rates may apply. You will receive one message per request. Send HELP to 827438 for help, send STOP to 827438 to cancel.

Edit: Kudos to max for the list.
[quote name='maxpower0965']Here's the link of all the Target stores doing the midnight release. Was hoping to get the PS Vita bundle, but my target isn't doing this.

http://static.targetimg1.com/DVM/2012/Sep/wk4/Call_of_Duty/COD_BO_II_storesale.pdf[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
When I texted SAVEBIG to the number:

We rec'd ur request for "SAVEBIG" and don't recognize it. Pls check ur spelling or visit us at www.target.com

[quote name='sunxh163']Just a heads up, BJ's has this bundle for $197 for BF.[/QUOTE]

Just wondering, has bjs given out the black friday ads out already this year? I remember having to pick it up in store last year but i didn't see anything about it yet this year.

[quote name='TaylorM06']When I texted SAVEBIG to the number:

We rec'd ur request for "SAVEBIG" and don't recognize it. Pls check ur spelling or visit us at www.target.com[/QUOTE]

It doesn't activate till 10pm on Monday

@JAIbertL
Ah my fault, I only checked the first two pages before posting.
I thought this weeks ad would have been stickied by now

Excellent deal. I heard from people who've already picked up the title that Declassified exceeds expectations, as well. Only bad thing about this bundle is that it's not the physical copy of the game, which is balls considering they only give you a 4GB card (and it'll likely eat up the majority of the space).

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Excellent deal. I heard from people who've already picked up the title that Declassified exceeds expectations, as well. Only bad thing about this bundle is that it's not the physical copy of the game, which is balls considering they only give you a 4GB card (and it'll likely eat up the majority of the space).[/QUOTE]

It shows a physical copy on the box...

[quote name='maxrenderer']Wait, someone is giving out BJ's for Black Friday?! Oh, wait....nevermind.[/QUOTE]

Best. BF. Deal. Ever.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Apparently that's the *European* version of the bundle that comes with the digital copy. America gets a physical copy.[/QUOTE]

Actually, upon further inspection, while you may be right, but I haven't seen or heard any news confirming or denying the American bundle comes with a physical copy.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Actually, upon further inspection, while you may be right, but I haven't seen or heard any news confirming or denying the American bundle comes with a physical copy.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the U.S. version gets a physical game (although no game packaging). The other two bundles (Madden, AC3) came with the actual game.

I love how people like to report information without any sort of reliable confirmation though

Which gaming chair is it on the site? Wouldnt mind grabbing the Vita bundle and chair, kinda need a new gaming chair.

[quote name='bludd']Just wondering, has bjs given out the black friday ads out already this year? I remember having to pick it up in store last year but i didn't see anything about it yet this year.[/QUOTE]

I got the ads yesterday when doing grocery at BJ.

[quote name='iduncurr']It doesn't activate till 10pm on Monday

@JAIbertL
I thought this weeks ad would have been stickied by now[/QUOTE]

so its a normal error, you sure? i hope so cuz i need to use it asap,

y would they put it up if it will deny

I saw this deal and mentioned it in front of my fiancee (her ears literally perked) and next thing I know she was on the phone.... I have a feeling this will end up under the tree.

Is the base price on this gonna be $250?
I really want the ACIII white bundle but all the deals are happening on this one.

crap, i have my blops 2 pre ordered at bb... was going to do their midnight release but I want this deal.... any news on a better vita deal to come for bf? if not i gotta do it...

my bb is about 6 minute drive from my target, how late will each place be open for these releases. id love to grab both tonight.

edit: is this text coupon deal dead? looking around for it.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']crap, i have my blops 2 pre ordered at bb... was going to do their midnight release but I want this deal.... any news on a better vita deal to come for bf? if not i gotta do it...

my bb is about 6 minute drive from my target, how late will each place be open for these releases. id love to grab both tonight.

edit: is this text coupon deal dead? looking around for it.[/QUOTE]

Have you not checked the Black Friday thread stickied at the top? Or read through this thread about the coupon? Or checked the Sunday ad thread stickied at the top of the page?

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']yeah... but I didn't see much on vitas.[/QUOTE]

Really? Cuz it's listed for $199 in the BF ad descriptions for pretty much every major retailer.
Check Best Buy... or Target... or Toys R Us...

I think I may hold out for the TRU deal with the accessory bundle. If I end up missing out then oh well cuz I really want the ACIII bundle anyway.

There are at least two BF $199 deals on the Vita, one with COD and the other with Lego Batmsn 2. I expect Amazon to match at least 1 of them also.

well if there is a $10 code for tonight then they don't beat this deal... so they aren't what i am talking about. I saw the 199 deals... if everyone is doing it then its not better. my post asked about any better vita deal, not a worse one, but thanks for the help. much appreciated.

I was hoping for an obscure place to have 199 + free memory card etc. but fuck me for asking right?

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']well if there is a $10 code for tonight then they don't beat this deal... so they aren't what i am talking about. I saw the 199 deals... if everyone is doing it then its not better. my post asked about any better vita deal, not a worse one, but thanks for the help. much appreciated.

I was hoping for an obscure place to have 199 + free memory card etc. but fuck me for asking right?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop and Sony are in love right now, might keep your eyes peeled for a deal there if their BF plans ever leak.

So $228+tax and a 50 gc tonight at target, or 199+tax at bb on bf. I'd take my chances tonight if I wanted a Vita. I remember last year the midnight release of twilight was maybe 100 something people, but no one else was really doing one. This year my both local gamestops, toys r us, walmart, and target are doing one for blops.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']I was hoping for an obscure place to have 199 + free memory card etc. but fuck me for asking right?[/QUOTE]

Yup!

You asked for "any news on a better vita deal to come for bf" and when pointed to where the bf deal info could be found you replied with "but I didn't see much on vitas" and I replied by pointing out the $199 deals listed at Best Buy, Target, and with an accessory kit at ToysRUs, which some might even consider to be a better deal than the extra $10.

[quote name='avatar94']Where are you seeing $228?[/QUOTE]

He's counting the $10 coupon and the 5% back from Red card [I'm guessing].

The $228 is TAX included... This is a very good deal, it beats all of the BF Vita deals out there. I'm really gunning for the white Vita though, because I already have a black one. Is the BO Vita any special? Just want to know if there are special paint jobs/decals... I would take this deal in a heart beat if I don't already have a black Vita.

[quote name='Serpentor']Is the BO Vita any special? Just want to know if there are special paint jobs/decals... I would take this deal in a heart beat if I don't already have a black Vita.[/QUOTE]

Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-Declassified-PS-Vita-Bundle-Has-Downloadable-Version-of-the-Game.jpg

That's the European version, but I think the decal is one of the things they WILL have in common.

[quote name='iduncurr']It doesn't activate till 10pm on Monday

@JAIbertL
I thought this weeks ad would have been stickied by now[/QUOTE]

So we should text starting at 10pm tonight to get the coupon? Will the coupon be emailed to us or will it be texted as an attachment so we can just use our phones at the register? Thanks for the heads up on the coupon.

[quote name='TaylorM06']When I texted SAVEBIG to the number:

We rec'd ur request for "SAVEBIG" and don't recognize it. Pls check ur spelling or visit us at www.target.com[/QUOTE]

Texted to which number? I can't find any info on this coupon. When does it expire?

[quote name='Serpentor']The $228 is TAX included... This is a very good deal, it beats all of the BF Vita deals out there. I'm really gunning for the white Vita though, because I already have a black one. Is the BO Vita any special? Just want to know if there are special paint jobs/decals... I would take this deal in a heart beat if I don't already have a black Vita.[/QUOTE]

that's not tax included.

$250 - $10 - $12.50 (5%) = $227.50.

the base is $250 for tonight's bundle.

ugh why are all the bundles black ops? I hate call of duty. and it's not physical so you can't even trade it in? why?

My plan is to get this bundle tonight and keep it sealed until the GameStop BF ad is leaked. Since, that's the only major videogame retailer's ad to be leaked. If they have a better deal on the Vita I'll just return the midnight bundle. I'd rather have the ACIII but I'd wouldn't mind the BLOPSII bundle.

Seems like a couple of you want the AC bundle. I wouldn't compromise on not getting the white 1, just for the sake of having one. Plus, it seems like Sony's white consoles have a higher value later on.Don't forget to factor in an additional warranty unless you have 1 of those credit cards that gives you a bonus year or whatever!

bread's done
Back