Target PS Vita $20 Gift card deal

caliman87

CAGiversary!
See Target.com or you local store for PS Vita preorder deal $20 gift card that is live right now til 2-15-2012. The gift card will most likely be given when you pick up your order on 2-22-2012. This is for the Wifi Model $249.99 and the special $349.99 pack. Looks like it was not including the 3g version. And if you use your Target credit card you still get your 5% off. See Target.com or Target store for details.

Cool. This is one of the first deals I've seen for the Vita, not that it is a huge gift card. By 'special $349.99 pack,' I assume you mean the First Edition Bundle? That is the 3G version, but I think I know what you meant.

[quote name='DoubleD']Cool. This is one of the first deals I've seen for the Vita, not that it is a huge gift card. By 'special $349.99 pack,' I assume you mean the First Edition Bundle? That is the 3G version, but I think I know what you meant.[/QUOTE]

Yes

Hmm, think I'll wait until they offer a $50 gc at least, if not an actual price drop. Even though I personally love the system, it's launch appears to be receiving far too much criticism from a large portion of the gaming public in both asia and north america for either a larger gc or price drop to not occur within the next 6 to 10 months.

Either that, or I might bite once a bundle is announced with some of the later releases like FFX HD or something equally intriguing. Great system though, Uncharted is very impressive and plays extremely well ... the story is a tad underwhelming but it's still incredibly impressive for a portable system.

[quote name='Gxray']Hoping Amazon matches this, but more likely Target is doing this to match Amazon's no tax/free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Yes free shipping...no breaks on the tax depending what state you are in.

--The game that sold me the PS Vita is Mortal Kombat coming out Feb 28th. See the videos on youtube and know that this one use of the touch screen, not a port, and watch the blood splatter all over the place. Destructoid does a nice review too.

I saw this in an email from them yesterday. I went ahead and pre-ordered a WiFi model (tethering to my iPhone eliminates the need for a 3G). Our tax rate here is 7.6% but ordering on Target.com makes the tax rate only 4.224%. My total after tax and 5% for using my REDcard made it $246.97 plus the free $20 GC. So net $226.97 after deducting the GC.

I was going to use Best Buy rewards since I have $385 saved up but refuse to pay more just because I have rewards certificates.

Don't hold your breath waiting for Amazon. This deal has been going on for a month and a half now. If Amazon were going to match it, they would have done so already. :)

[quote name='WilliamG']Yep this has been going on since December.[/QUOTE]

Wow, surprised that we have not seen in on here before. The Target preorders stop 2/15/2012 and they have the preorder in the store for $1 down.

[quote name='caliman87']Wow, surprised that we have not seen in on here before. The Target preorders stop 2/15/2012 and they have the preorder in the store for $1 down.[/QUOTE]

It has been posted at least a couple of times. The threads have died down pretty quick though as it is not enough of an incentive for most people to purchase the system (mostly because of tax I guess).

thread 1
thread 2

There has been at least one deal that has blown this deal away, but I can't even mention it because the site is banned on CAG (even though it is legit). Complete joke that some of the best deals get censored. Money over benefit to user base I guess. Thanks for the re-share though, as it is a decent deal for those with a redcard (5% off).

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']It has been posted at least a couple of times. The threads have died down pretty quick though as it is not enough of an incentive for most people to purchase the system (mostly because of tax I guess).

thread 1
thread 2

There has been at least one deal that has blown this deal away, but I can't even mention it because the site is banned on CAG (even though it is legit). Complete joke that some of the best deals get censored. Money over benefit to user base I guess. Thanks for the re-share though, as it is a decent deal for those with a redcard (5% off).[/QUOTE]

cool thanks...:bouncy:

[quote name='slidecage']if it taking this long for RPG to see the light of day on the 3ds Im guessing no RPG will be on the vita till mid to late 2013[/QUOTE]

Dungeon Hunter port, Disgaea 3 port, Persona 4 port. Dunno if you'd consider Dragon's Crown an rpg or not.

Picked up the last of these cards at my local Target. With my employee discount which basically cancels out the tax, I should be able to pick up my Wifi Vita for $225 after $20 gc. Not bad.

[quote name='TheRock88']Picked up the last of these cards at my local Target. With my employee discount which basically cancels out the tax, I should be able to pick up my Wifi Vita for $225 after $20 gc. Not bad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I work for Target too so I jumped on this as well. My discount + Redcard discount + $20 gift card = pretty killer deal. I'll use the gift card on a memory card and I have Gamestop credit to help pick up Uncharted.

I logged into Target with my AAA account and I am able to get $10 off $150, and it appears to stack with the $20 gift card. Fine print says it shouldn't, but I can get all the way to checkout and it works. I think AAA varies their discounts depending on time and location. Usually it is 10% off which would be better in this case.

I still haven't decided which route I'm going to go with to get my vita though.

[quote name='pvtpyle']I logged into Target with my AAA account and I am able to get $10 off $150, and it appears to stack with the $20 gift card. Fine print says it shouldn't, but I can get all the way to checkout and it works. I think AAA varies their discounts depending on time and location. Usually it is 10% off which would be better in this case.

I still haven't decided which route I'm going to go with to get my vita though.[/QUOTE]

How do you do that?

If you have a Triple A membership or insurance (I have their insurance), you should have a login for their website. You can then search discounts by different websites (Sears, K-mart, Target, etc..). AAA will make you sign in once you select your store and it will tell you the discount and allow you to shop on the regular website. Sometimes it gives you a discount code. In the case of Target, it opens up a new tab after I login through AAA

I just checked again. It was actually $10 off of $100. The cart for me with Arizona tax $259.xx with the $20 gift card included.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back