Target: PS VITA free $20 Gift Card = free 4GB card with preorder and free ship

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!
Target dot com is offering a $20 dollar Target gift card for preorder purchase of Playstation Vita with free shipping. :booty: Yes, I know that it's actually a $20 gift card but lets get real that means you can either get the 4GB of memory for free or you can take home the 8GB card for ten bucks.

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=playstation+vita&category=0|All|matchallany|all+categories

PS: Sorry if this was already posted...I did a search b4 with no results. Newb2site.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bgame2']Excellent points. Also, consider where gaming on the iphone and Android devices was when the PS3 came out. The entire gaming landscape (including the global economy it is functioning in) is different. Companies need to adapt and/or evolve their strategies now more than ever. I'm looking at you Blockbuster.[/QUOTE]

Blockbuster did adapt, they packed up their shyt and went online, my brother currently pays $20 a month for 3 out at a time in any combo, be it games/bluray/dvd's as for the quality of this service, notice I said my brother, I see how it goes for him, I'm still burnt from GF....

It's funny I plan on buying a Vita day one but I kind of hope Vita stumbles out of the gate that way Sony has to work harder on making improvements to Vita to get it to start selling better.

[quote name='bgame2']Excellent points. Also, consider where gaming on the iphone and Android devices was when the PS3 came out. The entire gaming landscape (including the global economy it is functioning in) is different. Companies need to adapt and/or evolve their strategies now more than ever. I'm looking at you Blockbuster.[/QUOTE]

True about iPhone/Android but consider the game pricing compared to that segment of the market. Vita games are between $30-$50. If they considered for a second the phone gaming market was a threat or a competitor surely these prices would be much lower to compete more closely.

I'm not saying a price drop won't happen. I just think its fairly unlikely based on Sony's resistance to market trends over the last few years.

I don't understand why people think mobile gaming is a serious competitor to handheld gaming. Maybe it's hurt the market, but it's not going to kill it. Mobile gaming is a distraction, handheld gaming (especially on the Vita) is approaching console experiences. Compare Cut The Rope to Uncharted: Golden Abyss. There is no comparison.

Your Tivo, post underneath your current post is extremely offensive, ignorant and rude you know dick about black people may they be American or otherwise please keep you dumbass comments to your self. This site is not the place for you bigoted shitty comments. Docvinh your a huge piece of SHIT.

[quote name='docvinh']No tax in Oregon.:)[/QUOTE]
Your Tivo, post underneath your current post is extremely offensive, ignorant and rude you know dick about black people may they be American or otherwise please keep you dumbass comments to your self. This site is not the place for you bigoted shitty comments. Docvinh your a huge piece of SHIT.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I don't understand why people think mobile gaming is a serious competitor to handheld gaming. Maybe it's hurt the market, but it's not going to kill it. Mobile gaming is a distraction, handheld gaming (especially on the Vita) is approaching console experiences. Compare Cut The Rope to Uncharted: Golden Abyss. There is no comparison.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, that's not what the research shows. Gamers and casual consumers alike are downloading tons of free or low cost games on smartphones, iPads and iPhones as well as other devices. While you're right that these games may lack the depth of Uncharted or even many 3DS or PSP games, they are also significantly cheaper and for a lot of people, they are exactly what they want in a handheld experience.

People only have a certain number of hours of free time in a day or week and that free time is getting spread over more and more devices and content sources. A decade ago, there was no Youtube or Hulu or Redbox or Netflix or Gamefly or VOD or any number of other content providers. Today, even small children have acccess to iPads and mobile phones where they may not have access to a $250 handheld gaming system with $40+ games and mandatory memory cards. For the first time last year, mobile games were a huge part of EA's overall sales and other major developer/publishers reported similar results. While mobile gaming may not kill handheld gaming, it is a very serious threat and the days of $40-$50 handheld games may be very shortlived if Nintendo's recent 3DS experience is any guide.

bread's done
Back