Target PS3 160GB - straight to 50% off clearance - $124.98!

Belongs in the Target clearance thread as it's YMMV like all Target clearance.

You will want to post the location of the Target, as it's most likely only at that specific Target store.

Last edited by a moderator:
This doesn't belong is some damn dried up mega-thread. So over you people with that nonsense. Find a deal to post instead of trolling your life away.

You mean so you can see it easier to post on SD? :p
Another one of the 'free' game coupon printing characters. You characters will never get over that. Lmao. Good thing I found out how to use iggy on this new board. CLICK.

lol, I'm so sad she blocked me,

Anyways, checking online I saw one store relatively near me has limited stock, but I called and the CS desk said it was coming up $249.99

lol, I'm so sad she blocked me,

Anyways, checking online I saw one store relatively near me has limited stock, but I called and the CS desk said it was coming up $249.99
Why do people CALL stores about deals? You do know that even if the item comes up at the discounted price, almost no store employee is going to actually tell you that? Always better to just go and pretend you're going to buy, then if the price isn't discounted, just tell them you decided not to get it. Calling is a bad approach, won't get you anything!

Why do people CALL stores about deals? You do know that even if the item comes up at the discounted price, almost no store employee is going to actually tell you that? Always better to just go and pretend you're going to buy, then if the price isn't discounted, just tell them you decided not to get it. Calling is a bad approach, won't get you anything!
Calling electronics will probably end up with the result you describe.

Calling guest service(the customer service desk) more than likely nets you someone who doesn't care what it is.

Joke's on them I drive a Tesla.

*No I don't.
I always love when people quote gas costs... I have a prius c and get 60-70mpg driving around the city here with my ac blaring. Gas cost isn't factored in to anything I do, but time, yea that is.

I always love when people quote gas costs... I have a prius c and get 60-70mpg driving around the city here with my ac blaring. Gas cost isn't factored in to anything I do, but time, yea that is.
Times is most definitely money to many people, indeed...including myself.

And I agree, sorry...this is SO YMMV that it should just be in the normal thread. Granted all Target stuff is YMMV yes, but this one is on the same level as those mistakes where somebody accidently marks something down to a crazy low price.

It's both for me. I don't drive a prius, I get around 25mpg with my V6. Here gas are typically $4-$4.5, and considering L.A. traffic, that is more gas and more time.

Hmmm... All PS3s are out of stock in my area. I'll check the store scanner to check price in a bit after lunch.

I'd rather pay higher gas prices then drive a hybrid that looks like a hybrid of a beetle.

I'd rather pay higher gas prices then drive a hybrid that looks like a hybrid of a beetle.
And that is your choice, I am guessing you don't live in an area that is mostly bumper to bumper where it is hard to have cruise control on for more than a minute. I will save gas, you can keep thinking you're cool by buying whatever you think others want to see you in. I gave up on that a long time ago, and officially when I got rid of my last car which was a supercharged v6.

This doesn't belong is some damn dried up mega-thread. So over you people with that nonsense. Find a deal to post instead of trolling your life away.
God yes. If we took it to their extreme, we wouldn't even have deal posts, just store posts. Everyone would have to wade through the entire thread which is often filled with off-topic chatter to find the best deals. It totally defeats the purpose of having a threaded forum where the best deals would rise to the top due to frequent posts. Now even if you have a summary as the first post (ala Steam sale thread) you have to read who knows how many pages to find out where the discussion for the most recent deals start to find out what are truly the great deals.

You and I are definitely in the minority in this thought process...

Answered my own question. I'm finding 174.98 at other stores with them in stock. Still a nice deal, but less tempting.

So only way to find out the price is to actually drive to a target?  My '74 monte carlo isnt really cheap on gas, and i doubt i could carry this on my motorcycle.

Although i suppose, i could drive there on my motorcycle and if i find one at this price, buy it, then try to leave it there and return with my car if i cant carry it on the motorcycle.

I called my local target and they told me $249.99. It sounds like what you guys are saying is that i might find a different price if i actually drive down and have them ring it up?

Yeah, $174.98 here in Virginia.
I'll wait. I'd like to find something like that TRU Black Friday bundle for 199 with a bunch of games.

God yes. If we took it to their extreme, we wouldn't even have deal posts, just store posts. Everyone would have to wade through the entire thread which is often filled with off-topic chatter to find the best deals. It totally defeats the purpose of having a threaded forum where the best deals would rise to the top due to frequent posts. Now even if you have a summary as the first post (ala Steam sale thread) you have to read who knows how many pages to find out where the discussion for the most recent deals start to find out what are truly the great deals.

You and I are definitely in the minority in this thought process...
It's not that NOTHING should have it's own thread and should always be in the related store thread. When there's good deals I'm all for a new thread for that specific deal. But with something like this which is extremely YMMV (most stores haven't even carried these for a long time, and from the looks of things most of them that still have a few left aren't even clearancing them) I think it's just clutter.

Grabbed one at Target for $174.98 for a buddy. I know PS3s can go cheaper, but not this model, I'd imagine. They're getting harder to find all the time, new.

you get 20 more miles per gallon than stated, wow, you must have the greatest prius ever assembled.

Ended up grabbing one at $174.98. Figured this would be one of my last chances to get a regular Slim, not a fan of the Super Slim.

THANKS OP! I used the check item inventory on target online And was able to pick up the last PS3 at my target for $124! Quick note: It's the Harry Potter Blu-ray edition PS3 that's for $124, not the standard edition. Hope this helps!

Shut up chimpmeister.

Cross-post from the Target clearance thread:

Here is picture proof. Like others, this one was at around $175 instead of $125.

AqQPQmn.jpg

And here is the Wii bundle:

IUw0XcK.jpg

Looked at one in Richmond.  Had to get an employee to scan it for me but it was still at $250 with no clearance sticker.

The Irony that you drive a Tesla, but your name is TooPoor, I love it!!!!

Edit, wow Im dumb... should have read the bottom part!
My super small font worked!

Lol, I am considering it for my next car though, it's not that expensive if you don't add the BS features that the salesperson pitches at you constantly.

you get 20 more miles per gallon than stated, wow, you must have the greatest prius ever assembled.
From wikipedia:

Energy-efficient driving involves improving fuel economy in automobiles in ways other than using a fuel saving device. Fuel economy can be improved in many ways, including: increasing engine efficiency, reducing aerodynamic drag, rolling friction, and energy lost to braking (and to a lesser extent by regenerative braking). Techniques used to improve fuel economy range from simple coasting to complex pulse and glide with the extreme case being drafting.

Terms for unusual driving techniques to maximize fuel efficiency include hypermiling[1] (which originated from hybrid vehicle driving clubs and noted hypermiler Wayne Gerdes[2][3] and combines current technology (e.g., real time mileage displays) with driving techniques innovated historically with events such as Mobil Economy Run during the 1930s,[4] gas rationing during World War II, techniques that prevailed during 1973 oil crisis, and methods used globally in markets that endure expensive fuel) and nempimania or nenpimania: an obsession with getting the best fuel economy or the best only-electric range possible from a hybrid car, derived from the Japanese "nempi" (燃費): a contraction of nenryōshōhiryō (燃料消費量, fuel economy) and mania ("craze for").[5]

Some fuel economy techniques has come under fire from several quarters due to claims of dangerous or unlawful behavior by some drivers, such as tailgating larger vehicles on freeways to save fuel

bread's done
Back