Target Rainchecks (revised)?

bsschorr

CAGiversary!
I went to Target today to pickup a rain check for Driver 3 and X-Men Legends for the PS2. The X-Men rain check came back with the substitute policy (@ 30% off) while the Driver 3 (@ 48%) only had the check other stores statement. I know other people have posted this change, is there a disount threshold that Target will no longer use the match policy on, i.e. greater than 40% off and must go to another store(to get the same game)?

Well, that clears it up a little bit more.

48% and above seem to be no sub., and 30% and below are sub.

Just need to find a nice 40% one and we'll have a good idea where the line is.

Are you sure the Driv3r raincheck is only 48%? I thought it was 51%. FFX-2 raincheck from a couple of months ago were for 44% off, so if there is a cutoff point, I hope it's 50%.

I have heard of some rainchecks saying "Check our other locations."

What if the Target in your city is the only Target there, and probably the only one for a good 100-200 miles?

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I have heard of some rainchecks saying "Check our other locations."

What if the Target in your city is the only Target there, and probably the only one for a good 100-200 miles?[/quote]

On the ones I had, which were the SRS one which allowed sub and the WW one which didn't, both of them had "We found this at another location..." and the locations were in the same metro area as me, so I'd say within a 20 mile radius from the store I was at.

If it was that kind of distance, I'd politely tell them that's not feasable, since that's quite a few bucks of gas to spend on the item.

For some reason my Target had Driver 3 @ 25.88, which comes out to a little over 48% (not sure why that had it at $1 higher than advertised). Good question on the store referral message if there is no other store to go to.

Within 25 miles of a store is considered to be "local" for BB, CC looks at it as 50 miles.

Asking me to go beyond 25 miles is a reach, 50 miles is asking a lot out of me. 100+ miles, nope, won't happen. With gas prices the way they are, asking me to go beyond 10 miles is asking a favor.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I have heard of some rainchecks saying "Check our other locations."

What if the Target in your city is the only Target there, and probably the only one for a good 100-200 miles?[/quote]

My raincheck from Spiderman 2 has both the substitution clause and "Check our other locations" text.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Saucy Jack']I have heard of some rainchecks saying "Check our other locations."

My raincheck from Spiderman 2 has both the substitution clause and "Check our other locations" text.[/quote]

Me too. I also had a savvy clerk and he actually checked to see if they had any of the games in the back.

[quote name='shrike4242']Accoring to my calculator, 24.88 is 49.76% of $49.99.

I guess their math is a little funny?[/quote]

While $24.88 is 49.77% of $49.99, $24.88 is 50% off of $49.99, which the percentage off is what we refer to with these rainchecks.

[quote name='snipegod'][quote name='shrike4242']Accoring to my calculator, 24.88 is 49.76% of $49.99.

I guess their math is a little funny?[/quote]

While $24.88 is 49.77% of $49.99, $24.88 is 50% off of $49.99, which the percentage off is what we refer to with these rainchecks.[/quote]

Damn retail math. Makes me think a couple of percentage points off. :lol:

Anyways, I went to Target yesterday (the Target is on my way home), and they were fully stocked of all sale games. Hopefully within the next few days, the titles will become sold out and I can try the raincheck percentages on my own.

The Driv3r raincheck that I have says 51% off and has no substitution clause . . . I don't know for certain if their substitution policy requires the statement or if they just don't want to encourage it.

I would try another Wind Waker raincheck to see if it flys (got the substitution on Papermario from a friendly clerk), but there are no games that I want . . . I don't know if Target will carry Neo Contra . . . if they get it in I'll try it (Neo Contra for $14 . . . or even $20 on a Driv3r raincheck)

I got 2 rcs for X-men Legends . . . 30% off is good . . . but I got addicted to the 44% with FFX-2 . . . I'm in withdrawal :oops: . . . I don't think I'd get Neo Contra at $28 . . . that would be OK for Jak 3 and Ratchet 3.

[quote name='Tromack'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Saucy Jack']I have heard of some rainchecks saying "Check our other locations."

My raincheck from Spiderman 2 has both the substitution clause and "Check our other locations" text.[/quote]

Me too. I also had a savvy clerk and he actually checked to see if they had any of the games in the back.[/quote]Why would he not check to see if the game is instock for you? :? Wouldn't he think that you would actually want the game, and you're not just trying to take advantage of the raincheck policy? :?

You'd think they would put 2+ Targets in a big college town like Corpus Christi.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='Tromack'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Saucy Jack']I have heard of some rainchecks saying "Check our other locations."

Me too. I also had a savvy clerk and he actually checked to see if they had any of the games in the back.[/quote]Why would he not check to see if the game is instock for you? :? Wouldn't he think that you would actually want the game, and you're not just trying to take advantage of the raincheck policy? :?[/quote]

Here, I got a first aid kit for that burn. :p :oops: :lol:

[quote name='schultzed']The Driv3r raincheck that I have says 51% off and has no substitution clause . . . I don't know for certain if their substitution policy requires the statement or if they just don't want to encourage it.

I would try another Wind Waker raincheck to see if it flys (got the substitution on Papermario from a friendly clerk), but there are no games that I want . . . I don't know if Target will carry Neo Contra . . . if they get it in I'll try it (Neo Contra for $14 . . . or even $20 on a Driv3r raincheck)

I got 2 rcs for X-men Legends . . . 30% off is good . . . but I got addicted to the 44% with FFX-2 . . . I'm in withdrawal :oops: . . . I don't think I'd get Neo Contra at $28 . . . that would be OK for Jak 3 and Ratchet 3.[/quote]

damn I guess the rain check without the substituion clause would only work on a noob or clumsy worker for me then. :lol:

bread's done
Back