Target: Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition Xbox 360 for $19.99 YMMV?

UberSwiss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
While working yesterday I noticed REV: Gold Edition was scanning at $19.99. I manually typed in the numbers for the game and it came up in the system as the Gold edition. As I haven't seen Target prices not to be universal (other than clearance), this should be good everywhere.

As an added bonus Call of Duty MW is also scanning at $19.99. The double bonus is the REV: Gold Edition scanned at $20, but it will work with the $39.99 and up promo for a $20 gift card.

Sorry if this is a repost.

EDIT:

Deal appears to be working in the Northern California area, but even still is highly YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastshore4']Just wanted to verify you are talking about MW1, right? Regular or GOTY version?[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind MW GOTY is now the same as the original release. They no longer include the DLC....that was a limited time only thing apparently.

[quote name='keyweez360']Tucson, AZ

Stopped by one location, called two others -- All $49.99[/QUOTE]

Are people ringing it up? Or are they just looking at the price tag. This could be mismarked.

Scanned at $49.99 in G'ville, FL.

For those curious RE5: Gold contains
RE5 retail disc

Redemption Card for:
Untold Stories Bundle DLC (2 Episodes & 2 Costume Packs) - Normally $12
Extra Figures - Normally Free
Versus Mode - Normally $5 & Gold Exclusive

[quote name='romeogbs19']Are people ringing it up? Or are they just looking at the price tag. This could be mismarked.[/QUOTE]

At the location I stopped, they scanned it @ $49.99, and over the phone I asked them to scan/check the computer. No go

[quote name='keyweez360']At the location I stopped, they scanned it @ $49.99, and over the phone I asked them to scan/check the computer. No go[/QUOTE]

Thanks for checking. Looks like this one is YMMV.

No go at the Target at the Springfield Mall in PA.

Came up $49.99. If memory serves the DCPI is 207-22-0466.

EDIT- I checked this on the instore price-checker.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='romeogbs19']Are people ringing it up? Or are they just looking at the price tag. This could be mismarked.[/QUOTE]
It would be hilarious if everyone just looked at the price tag. ...Maybe once upon a CAG time.

yeah, I hate that the DLC isn't on the disc. You need XBox Live to redeem it. If this was the PS3 version, I'd be all over it - the DLC is on the disc AND it has Move support coming soon.

[quote name='Scorch']yeah, I hate that the DLC isn't on the disc. You need XBox Live to redeem it. If this was the PS3 version, I'd be all over it - the DLC is on the disc AND it has Move support coming soon.[/QUOTE]
I always hate DLC that's also made available on a disc.

[quote name='lml417']sweet. this game is going to have move control?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and hopefully it'll play like RE4 on the Wii, which was amazing.

[quote name='lml417']sweet. this game is going to have move control?[/QUOTE]

Just the PS3 version of RE 5 Gold. There will be a patch for it sometime before or after Move comes out

Confirmed - I got my 20 dollar copy in San Jose, Ca today.

Works for me because I lost my original disc. Still the PS3 is the better deal out of the two it seems.

[quote name='reddjoey']Scanned at $49.99 in G'ville, FL.[/QUOTE]

It's nice to see another Gainesville CAG on here (Go Gators! :bouncy:) but boooooooo to no deal. :cry: I think I'll just wait until the PS3 version goes on sale or has a price drop, because I'd prefer to have the extra content on disc rather than a DLC code.

with all the 360 offers and promos, (even comparing prices on amazon) i think 360 games are definitely losing their value. All better for the consumer XD

[quote name='JStryke']No go at Hagerstown MD.[/QUOTE]

lol what a suprise a local. thanks for saving me the time checking. i'm pretty sure it's the same price as the target in martinsburg also

I didn't head down that way so wouldn't know (it's south of me by a couple miles and honestly didn't feel like driving back and forth considering I already had to stop by Greencastle).

Plus, The area around exit 12 is just crazy half the time and in the late afternoon, can't say I really felt like messing with it. :razz:

Confirmed in SF Bay Area. As the Target employee was ringing my purchase up, she said, "the store is losing money."

Thanks for the post, OP!

I scanned it at a Target in socal but it showed 49.99. Are those always accurate, or should I have tried to ring it up at the register?

Sorry to those CAGs who were unsuccessful. I've just never heard of a video game having a significantly different price from store to store other than clearance.

Also I'll fix the "IV." I was getting my REIV fix on my GC before posting.

[quote name='Charybdis']I scanned it at a Target in socal but it showed 49.99. Are those always accurate, or should I have tried to ring it up at the register?[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you mean a scanner possibly, but yes, if you scanned it or had a cashier scan it, the price is correct.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I saw this too.[/QUOTE]

If you really are from GA did you actually see this for $19.99 or are you just shooting slimy bananas from your rear deposit system? I want to verify if this deal is expanded beyond the NW or if a mod can place this thread in a regional section.

For those looking for this deal, you must either have the Target employee scan the game or input the DCPI (207 22 0466) into those self price checkers. When I picked up this game for $19.99 at my local Target, there was a giant sale shelf tag of $49.99 for this game. This game is eligible for the buy 2 games for $39.99 and up to get a $20 GC.

Good luck everyone!

bread's done
Back