Target: Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition Xbox 360 for $19.99 YMMV?

UberSwiss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
While working yesterday I noticed REV: Gold Edition was scanning at $19.99. I manually typed in the numbers for the game and it came up in the system as the Gold edition. As I haven't seen Target prices not to be universal (other than clearance), this should be good everywhere.

As an added bonus Call of Duty MW is also scanning at $19.99. The double bonus is the REV: Gold Edition scanned at $20, but it will work with the $39.99 and up promo for a $20 gift card.

Sorry if this is a repost.

EDIT:

Deal appears to be working in the Northern California area, but even still is highly YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought it at this price last week in Woodland, CA. I also checked in Davis and it was the same price. Not sure about this week however.

[quote name='Wirebrain']Confirmed - I got my 20 dollar copy in San Jose, Ca today.

Works for me because I lost my original disc. Still the PS3 is the better deal out of the two it seems.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking, which San Jose Target did you go to?

I saw it at $20 price last week (Thur or Fri), but didn't bother getting it because I already had the PS3 version of original RE5. And I thought CAG must've known this for quite a while...
Now I regret my decision....

[quote name='kk012']Confirmed in SF Bay Area. As the Target employee was ringing my purchase up, she said, "the store is losing money."

Thanks for the post, OP![/QUOTE]

Can you be specific on which of the 3 Targets in the SF area you went to and were there anymore copies left?

Foster City, Redwood City and Mountain View are cleaned out or XB RE5. I was happy to find PS3 MGS4 for $20, and PSP Dissidia for $3.74.

[quote name='eau']Why would you need 6 copies of DQ V for $49.99 each?[/QUOTE]
Resident Evil V is $49.99.

Duh! I read too fast just looking at the pix and the $49.99 word in there :oops:

Now wonder how much he scored the DQ V for? LOL.

[quote name='eau']Duh! I read too fast just looking at the pix and the $49.99 word in there :oops:

Now wonder how much he scored the DQ V for? LOL.[/QUOTE]
I dunno, but he better not have paid more than I did, or I'm going to be pissed!

Been planning to go PS3 on this one. Would probably snap it up on Amazon RE5 Gold PS3 for $19.99. Being a collector, a spent 360 code and the original 360 game have little value. Plus recently announced possible updates will allow for Move RE5 Gold compatibility. Can't be bothered to chase this 360 version down, even for such a good price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dualblade']If you don't mind me asking, which San Jose Target did you go to?[/QUOTE]
It was the Market Center Target, near the San Jose airport.

another confirmation in the bay area

just got the last copy in dublin! also the price marker under the display case said it was $19.99 and it rang up at $19.99

I got this from GameStop almost a year ago for the same price, didnt get a chance to open yet due to backlog but cant wait to play!

Just got back from Target S.West Michigan 49.99 Had them ring it up also came back 49.99 Gluck to you guys gettting the 19.99.

Went to 4 DFW Targets (Flowermound, Lewisville, The Colony and Frisco) with no luck. Might hit up two more in Irving later this week for my North Texas friends looking. In the mean time, if anyone in DFW has come across these games or any other good clearance deals let me know :)

Checked 2 Targets close to me. One Target had about 6 at 49.99 and the other one had none but they were priced at 12.47........If I only went a day or two earlier.

[quote name='ahwang826']san jose hillsdale and saratoga targets are cleared out...[/QUOTE]

Oakridge is sold out (hooray for hoarders) and Monterey had a couple of copies left but they rang up as $49.99.

Basically any place in San Jose that HAD it for 19.99 is sold out...I could live with it though, the dc is only 1360 points on live. The only thing that wouldve made this sweet is the 20 dollar gift card. that + tekken + gift card would of been a real nice deal...

[quote name='UberSwiss']

As an added bonus Call of Duty MW is also scanning at $19.99. The double bonus is the REV: Gold Edition scanned at $20, but it will work with the $39.99 and up promo for a $20 gift card.

Deal appears to be working in the Northern California area, but even still is highly YMMV.
[/QUOTE]

can you elaborate more on this "promo for a $20 GC"

[quote name='xXTwilightXx']can you elaborate more on this "promo for a $20 GC"[/QUOTE]

I think it's buy two $40> games and get a $20 gift card.

Also: RE5: Gold at Jordan Landing Target in West Jordan, UT is $50.

So this is very YMMV. It seems mostly the west coast is getting this deal.

[quote name='Anemos']I think it's buy two $40> games and get a $20 gift card.

Also: RE5: Gold at Jordan Landing Target in West Jordan, UT is $50.

So this is very YMMV. It seems mostly the west coast is getting this deal.[/QUOTE]

apparently west coast targets don't like RE5 gold

northern cali has it for $20 i was bored and check about 5 target in my area there around maybe 40 copies combine from those store each one has the 49.99 tag that say buy 2 game get the $20 gc next to it. no wonder they still there

It's funny how people on eBay are paying more for open copies of the 360 version of RE5 Gold; even when users are making it clear to them the downloadable content has been used up.

clearly, there's some misinformation with this game as RE5 Gold is just the plain old regular disk plus a code. The only other thing different about it is the packaging (and may be the slip), but minus the content, it's nuts people are paying $10-15 more for it.

Damn, I went to two Targets thinking it was the PS3 version. Silly me.

Well, congrats to everyone who got a copy.

[quote name='mietha']Well, dammit, it's the 360 version. Who cares then? :)[/QUOTE]

I would say the 40 million+ (worldwide) that own an Xbox 360 might - at least the ones who don't have RE5

[quote name='nddave']Just got back from Target S.West Michigan 49.99 Had them ring it up also came back 49.99 Gluck to you guys gettting the 19.99.[/QUOTE]

Target on W.Main (Kzoo Michigan) was $49.99 too.

Three stores in The Valley had it at $49.99 so this is not a West Coast only deal seems pretty random whether it's $19.99 or $49.99.

No luck in Springfield & Branson Missouri. Wanted that and Tekken 6 @ $19.98 plus $20 GC. Ohh well, I traded in the regular one because I hated the no "run & gun".

$49.99 in Lincoln, NE as well. I can't imagine that Corporate HQ's would allow it to be a "common occurrence" in most of their stores... that's a lot of Profit being flushed in the toilet.

I'm sure Target likes the fact that this is a "YMMV" deal as I'm sure a lot of the people checking their local Targets are walking away with more merch than they would have if not heard of this potential deal... I know I have.

[quote name='sassylaurie']I would say the 40 million+ (worldwide) that own an Xbox 360 might - at least the ones who don't have RE5[/QUOTE]

Isn't this deal in the US only?

bread's done
Back