Target - Spiderman game - XBOX 360 - 1 cent? See picture...

oasisboy

Banned
I went to Target yesterday night (the one in Oklahoma City by the Quail Springs Mall) for some stuff and in the Toys section noticed the following:

Target.jpg

The shelf was empty but it seems that some Spiderman game for 360 (maybe the new one?) is priced at 1 cent.

Has anyone else seen this? Could I make a case that the game should be 1 cent if I see a copy?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']That's the tag for the shipper that the games will be placed in when they get them in.[/QUOTE]

That's confusing... why would they need to publicly show that? I can't imagine going to Wal-Mart and seeing Modern Warfare - 1 cent on the shelf. I can see some dick making a case to a manager that the tag clearly states one cent. I would agree with it since it is being advertised as such.

I have done this at Best Buy when the tag lists one price but it scans at a higher price. I have to literally walk with the cashier to where the tag is and get the price adjusted. Once they discover the error, the employee removes the tag with the incorrect price.

Holy fuzzy picture, Batman. Any chance you happen to remember the DPCI# from that shelf tag offhand?

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it on Target's website. DPCI: 207-22-0936

[quote name='Shoagie']It says VG Tray on the label. Right next to it are the game labels, there is no argument.[/QUOTE]

On top it says "XBOX 360 Game". Why can't there be an argument? And the most important thing is why is this label posted to everyone in the first place? Can't they use some other process to know where things go? :roll:

[quote name='oasisboy']On top it says "XBOX 360 Game". Why can't there be an argument? And the most important thing is why is this label posted to everyone in the first place? Can't they use some other process to know where things go? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Its a planogram label that some uninformed employee put on the shelf while building a display.

I saw one of these for the Starbucks display I built today. Want to try and get some coffee for .01 too?

[quote name='HydroX']Its a planogram label that some uninformed employee put on the shelf while building a display.

I saw one of these for the Starbucks display I built today. Want to try and get some coffee for .01 too?[/QUOTE]

Sure why not. Depending on the laws of the state, retailers have to sell at the advertised/sign price from stoping retailers from "bait and switch" scam. I know for a fact its that way in Virginia.

Bait and switch is illegal, but that refers to advertising in magazines, on tv, newspapers, etc, not walking into a store and seeing a price mistake. They have the right to refuse service to anyone, especially if it's a price mistake or such.

[quote name='Andami']Bait and switch is illegal, but that refers to advertising in magazines, on tv, newspapers, etc, not walking into a store and seeing a price mistake. They have the right to refuse service to anyone, especially if it's a price mistake or such.[/QUOTE]

How can a store have a price mistake? How do you determine when it is a mistake and when it is not? Discretion of the store? In my case, every time there is a price mistake, the price is honored.

I can be an ass with a manager if I want to get my way. I can call corporate as well. Been there, done that.

[quote name='HydroX']

I saw one of these for the Starbucks display I built today. Want to try and get some coffee for .01 too?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I would if you advertise the coffer for one cent. I mean, people spend $8 on coffee and a dessert which seems outrageous.

I haven't been to a Target in a few months. Aren't all the Xbox 360 games' tags like that?

Where it says: "Xbox 360 Game." Followed by the title of the game underneath.
Example:

Xbox 360 Game
Binary Domain
$49.99

Anyway, somebody already beat you to buying the display tray! :)
Unless an employee already threw it away or hasn't put it out yet. You could have asked a Target employee.

[quote name='Strell']I am going to corner the tray market, ruling it with an iron fist. And a cannon. None of you stand a chance.[/QUOTE]

[/thread]

[quote name='oasisboy']Yes, I would if you advertise the coffer for one cent. I mean, people spend $8 on coffee and a dessert which seems outrageous.[/QUOTE]

The coffee they would likely give you for .01 with a limit of one. The game, not so much.

Regardless, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're not a self entitled douche and seriously wont try to get it for .01

If I saw that same placard in one of my local stores, you better believe I would try for the item for $.01, whether it's a pack of fuckin' gum or a plasma tv. Advertised price is advertised price to me. Of course, this not being NY state, the manager at the store would basically tell me to go fuck myself or offer me some $5 discount on the items' MSRP and then quickly grab the placard and rip it up.

In NY state though I might actually walk out with a penny game(or pack of gum or tv).

[quote name='HydroX']We all know youre a self entitled douche already, no need to reinforce the fact. ;)[/QUOTE]
Nah. If something is clearly marked with a much lower than it should be price, to me that's what it should be sold for. Either way, this self entitled douche has managed to get in on many highly YMMV deals like this by being firm and persistent and usually not rude.:D:booty:

Only time I may raise my voice to get a deal is if something is clearly drawn out in the T&C the company has set down(such as the @Gamer coupons now saying that the reduction is taken from sale prices).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Holy fuzzy picture, Batman. Any chance you happen to remember the DPCI# from that shelf tag offhand?

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it on Target's website. DPCI: 207-22-0936[/QUOTE]

Sku in the picture is 207-00-0067.

[quote name='Bezerker']Sku in the picture is 207-00-0067.[/QUOTE]
The 0067 may be right, but the middle two numbers look like 07 to me.

With that number(207-07-0067) it comes up as limited availability at my closest store and the furthest one from me. The rest have all brought up 'not available'.

The number on the "tray" likely isnt for the actual item. Sometimesnits just an item number they place on a display piece to keep track of it, to make sure stores put out the right stuff. Talk about holding your hand.....

It certainly does say Xbox 360 game, so that's the point I'd argue on. Although if it isn't the same DPCI, then yeah I'd be SOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do normal game shelf spots say "tray" on the price tags?

If not, you're not going to have much ground to stand on.

If they open up the case, its not like there is going to be a "tray" to sell you for 1 penny.

I doubt anyone is going to waste time trying to appease anyone looking to pull a quick one because of the 1 penny tray holder price tag.

What's the point anyways, since the game doesn't even come out until next week? Are you going to argue in advance to get the shelf price and demand a note promising that you will get that price when the game actually comes out?

Point is, if the tag is there when the game actually is released, feel free to bitch away. But until that, stop reading too much into it.

[quote name='whoknows']Anyone have any experience with this tray? I've been looking to buy a good quality VG tray.[/QUOTE]

Usually the movie tie-in trays aren't as good as licensed trays using the same subject matter.

I only buy Monster Brand trays. They are made out of tri-triple corrugated cardboard with laser-precise edging folds. I know people keeping saying there's no difference between Monster Brand and some knock off brand, but that's because so many people are biased against the majesty that only Monster Brand owners can afford.

bread's done
Back