Target Stores Loaded w/ Nintendo Wii's?

AwRy108

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I just got off the phone with the employee in the electronics section of our local Target B&M, and he said that they have nearly 300 Wii's in stock! He went on to state that his particular store was a huge mover of the Nintendo products, so, in return, Nintendo sent them a ton of Wii systems.

I know this isn't a deal, but I thought I'd share my find with my fellow CAG'ers who want to be playing Metroid Prime 3 right now, but haven't been able to find a Wii yet.

Also, if it helps anyone else: I'm near to the Target store in Mount Kisco, NY (zip code = 10549). The employee said that the store sells 10-12 units / day.

Both the Targets here have had their glass cases full of Wiis for the last 2 weeks everytime I go in there.

[quote name='munch']If you know this isn't a deal, why did you post it here? Post this in the regional forum.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't the Deal Discussion Forums be better? The regional forum is still for deal discussions.

[quote name='The Top of The Bloody Page']Video Game Deals The best video game deals in the world are here. Only registered CAGs may enter.
ONLY CREATE THREADS IF YOU ARE POSTING SPECIFIC DEALS![/quote]

This isn't a deal, don't post it here.

Deal/Shopping Discussions is where this belongs.

[quote name='AwRy108']Wouldn't the Deal Discussion Forums be better? The regional forum is still for deal discussions.[/quote]

it would be better if you placed this in the regional. since alot of folks in that area will be benefitting from this rather than us from other states.

In all fairness, people have been posting Wii availability in the Deals Forum for a while now, since they've been so hard to find until very recently. I think it's safe to say they're mostly availiable now. I've seen them in the last three Gamestops I've been in (two in MA, one in southern NH). Thanks to OP for letting us know, but I think this is no longer news.

Its about time Wiis became more common. I've had mine since launch, so no biggie for me. But its about time Nintendo ramps up production and scalpers quit buying the systems to resell.

I would recommend getting one now if you plan on getting one this year. The closer the holidays get, the more scarce they'll become, especially after Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros. come out. There are more than a few parents I have spoken with who are planning on getting a Wii for their kids for Xmas. I really believe that the Wii will be the biggest thing this holiday.

Yea...I've noticed the Wiis are getting more and more common in stores. Good info OP.

And whats with the forum nazis lately? The deals section is most viewed, so this is the best place for it.

I finally got a Wii on Tuesday, and the Target I got it from had several units behind the glass, with more on the way apparently. Good timing too, with MP3 out and Smash Bros & Galaxy on the way.

I was at a Gamecrazy and overheard one of their CSRs tell a customer they were out of stock of Wiis, but I went across the parking lot to Target and they had like 12 of them. Another Target I've been to a few times has always been stocked full of Wiis.

[quote name='AwRy108']I just got off the phone with the employee in the electronics section of our local Target B&M, and he said that they have nearly 300 Wii's in stock! He went on to state that his particular store was a huge mover of the Nintendo products, so, in return, Nintendo sent them a ton of Wii systems.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that Target employee was full of shit. Nintendo and other manufacturers ship stuff to Target, and then Target allocates them as they see fit. Or at least that's how it worked when I worked there (uh, 10 years ago, although I don't see why standard practices like that would have changed since then).

bread's done
Back