Target - Studio Ghibli BR/DVD combo packs $17.99

ilpalazzo150

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Browsing Target this morning, I noticed price drops on some Studio Ghibli Blu-Ray/DVD packs. Totoro, Naussica, and Howl's Moving Castle were all marked as $17.99. Not sure if any other ones might be discounted at other stores, but newer Ghibli releases (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke) were still full retail.

tumblr_mtymcgKuha1sjro9ko1_500.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the note. I already have them all, but decided to take a look when I was there yesterday. Found Howl's Moving Castle with slipcover. It was the only slipcover I was missing.

Just picked up Naussica at Best Buy for the same price. Also saw Totoro and a few others for $17.99, seems like they are matching the Target price on some of these. 

I'll probaby pick up Totoro when I go to get Ex Machina after work tomorrow. 

I made sure to note that the more recent releases aren't part of the markdown. That includes The Cat Returns and Spirited Away.
Damn, if Mononoke and Spirited Away were both included I'd be breaking the land speed record getting to Target next week to get them both for $27. Getting them both for $38 might still be a decent deal though...

Totoro and Castle in the Sky were similar prices at Costco last week. I think they may have just generally dropped the price on these older combo packs

Totoro and Castle in the Sky were similar prices at Costco last week. I think they may have just generally dropped the price on these older combo packs
Yeah, it seems like the first 7 films Disney released on Blu Ray dropped to 17.99. They are listed as the normal prices on Best Buy.

Prices were the same on the ones I saw in stock - 17.99 for the older ones, 24.99 for the newer ones.  

FYI, jet.com has some ghibli combo packs for $17.99 minus some level of discount based on what else you are buying. If you happen to be buying anything from them, it's worth checking out. I got Castle in the Sky and Totoro for $12 apiece with some grocery items that I was buying anyway.

Just picked up Howl's Moving Castle with mint slip today with the 20% off Cartwheel discount.  Came out to $14 and change.  The cartwheel is only good until the end of today though.

bread's done
Back