Target: Trade in NCAA Football '11 for $20 credit towards NCAA '12

airwalke

CAGiversary!
Just spotted a deal in our next week's ad... for those looking to offload their copy of NCAA '11, you can trade in your copy at stores with a Target Mobile kiosk (during the kiosk's hours of operation, of course.) for a $20 Target coupon off the new NCAA game.

Some kiosks can vary in their hours, so please call ahead with any questions regarding trade-ins. I would bet that most Target employees will not know about this deal until Sunday, so don't bug us about it til then. :D

There's a few other deals, may have to fill in when I see the ones I missed.

Crysis 2 (PS3/360) - $39.99
Bulletstorm (PS3/360) - $29.99

Two others I can't remember, but I'll find out.

Correction, this only applies to certain regions. Check your Target ad on Sunday to see which deal applies to your area.

Deal 1: $20 off coupon after trading in NCAA '11 toward NCAA '12

Deal 2: $20 off coupon when trading in any two 360/PS3 games toward NCAA '12.

Deal 3: $40 Trade in credit after you trade in 2 of 80 select games.

I am unsure if the $20 credit is on TOP of what they will buy NCAA 11 for, but it definitely sounds suspect given the wording of Deal #3.

I will find out more and post later.

I hope they have this deal at my Target, I still have my NCAA '11, and I am definitely going to pick up '12.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Is this retroactive to pre-existing orders? Or do I need to email them about it?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='flaproosta08']retroactive?

or do I need to cancel and re order?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is, you will get the $20 credit

[quote name='ijustw1n']
I have to say, as someone who has been interested in the Best Buy pre-order 5 and get $100 credit after 35 days of the last game being picked up, if Amazon keeps offering $20 for games on that list, I'll take them over Best Buy anyday.[/QUOTE]Your math is way off, for amazon just to match BB they need to offer $35 credit per game.
If you fulfil the BB deal w/o any extra work(pre-order credit, instant gc or pm'ing) your cents away from $175 in credit not $100;
$175/5=$35 credit per game
And if Zelda is one of your 5 games the $175 credit jumps to $185.
Unless tax/gas equals $15 everytime, someone wasn't planning on getting 5 games from the BB list or someone has more amazon credit their going to lose out. At this point only kmart can compete head to head assuming their offering $20 gaming coupon b/c the upfront cost will be cheaper $80 cheaper vs the $75 credit.

Pick any 5 games look at each current deal(Kmart, BB or Amazon) BB wins this time but it'll be up to them to not get lazy & keep the deals coming.

I have amazon + BB credit there's been tons of flips to be had at BB since march to stack credit for this offer. If you "max out" the BB deal 5 games $200 + tax $165 credit which is $100 less in cash & $65 more in credit, not everyone is saddled by high sales tax(only $3.60 per game), gets free shipping or no tax at amazon.

[quote name='Enuf']Your math is way off, for amazon just to match BB they need to offer $35 credit per game.
If you fulfil the BB deal w/o any extra work(pre-order credit, instant gc or pm'ing) your cents away from $175 in credit not $100;
$175/5=$35 credit per game
And if Zelda is one of your 5 games the $175 credit jumps to $185.
Unless tax/gas equals $15 everytime, someone wasn't planning on getting 5 games from the BB list or someone has more amazon credit their going to lose out. At this point only kmart can compete head to head assuming their offering $20 gaming coupon b/c the upfront cost will be cheaper $80 cheaper vs the $75 credit.

Pick any 5 games look at each current deal(Kmart, BB or Amazon) BB wins this time but it'll be up to them to not get lazy & keep the deals coming.[/QUOTE]

I'm lost on what math you're using to say Amazon would need to offer $35 just to compete. Here's what I'm looking at:

6 games from Amazon on that list x ~$60 (although we know they're one of the best at lowering that price, look at NCAA 12) =$360
No tax, no shipping, no gas and I even get release date delivery for free with prime.
Assuming they match others on all credit offers, I get $100 credit.

At Best Buy, I spend $65 thanks to tax, maybe another $3.50 for a gallon of gas and I get $100 credit 35 days after the promotion ends to turn into Amazon credit or spend at Best Buy.

Here's the best part about Amazon's credit over Best Buy to me, I can use the $20 I get for each of my preorders, on the next preorder and I don't lose out on the credit. So the first game is full price but each game after that is $39.99. The whole marketing behind Best Buys program is getting you to pay full price on new releases (they won't let you use gift cards) and give you $100 more to use in their store.

To any PS3 NCAA fans, add ijustw1n and let's do an online dynasty. I've always wanted to get one going that's cheeseless.

[quote name='ijustw1n']
The whole marketing behind Best Buys program is getting you to pay full price on new releases (they won't let you use gift cards) and give you $100 more to use in their store.[/QUOTE]

This is untrue. Where does it say you cannot use GC to make your purchase? If you mean the credit does not roll over to each purchase then you are correct but it does not mean you cannot use GC to make your purchase. Even if you paid cash for both deals I am not sure how anyone can fault the BB deal. The biggest reason I am going to try the BB deal is I am a Silver member this year so I get a 45 day PM window. I am hoping to get the games for $45-50 each cash along with at least a min of $115 in credit.

These $20 credits look nice until the game drops $20+ in 2 weeks.
I was burned by Portal 2 and told myself I wouldn't let it happen again.

[quote name='sav2880']Does anyone have a list of where these kiosks even exist at? I haven't seen any in the Columbus, OH area ever.[/QUOTE]
Your Target doesn't sell cell phones next to the videogame section? They are called kiosk but they aren't like the ones you might be thinking of at the mall. They are the island between the videogames and books areas. I went last night and in the vg aisles, they had flyers telling what the weekly deal was for trade ins.

[quote name='Zimmy']These $20 credits look nice until the game drops $20+ in 2 weeks.
I was burned by Portal 2 and told myself I wouldn't let it happen again.[/QUOTE]
lol...NCAA FB does drop but not in 2 weeks. Last year Target had the game for 49.99 a month (maybe 6 wks) after release. They also always have a $40 EA sporting game sale but that is usually sometime between Oct/Nov.

This deal is so incredibly weak. You can get a $20 promo credit from amazon, pay no tax and trade your ncaa 11 in for 13 bucks (ps3). Sorry Target, no deal.

[quote name='ryne candy']
lol...NCAA FB does drop but not in 2 weeks. Last year Target had the game for 49.99 a month (maybe 6 wks) after release. They also always have a $40 EA sporting game sale but that is usually sometime between Oct/Nov.[/QUOTE]

I've posted this before but camelcamel shows price history for games when looking..

NCAA 11 was $50 mid to late July and $47? in august?

That's Amazon, at least. Typically matches other retailers so a good barometer.

bread's done
Back