Target - Tritton AX 720 @ $99.99 (YMMV?)

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Hi,

I am in the market for a pair of gaming headphones. My girlfriend has an unhealthy obsession with Black Ops and the repetitive noises of the online game play drive me crazy.

I have been pricing out different headsets and I noticed that my Target had a few pairs of the AX 720 sitting on an endcap near the clearance aisle. Although their was no clearance sticker on these when I price checked them they rang up at $99.99 instead of $129.99. I'm wondering if this is a price drop or an unmarked sale. They also have several of these units in the gaming section as well so I'm somewhat doubting it is a clearance drop.

Anyways I thought I'd post this so others can check their store. I'm not sure if a $30 price drop on these is super hot but it definitely is a good buy.

Let me know if this is national or just a fluke at my store.

Guys, should I get this or an x41 turtle beach? The x41 has 7.1 lol. What does that mean? Hell if I know haha. I want to buy my first headset and know nothing about sound. But I do want to buy one with a good quality. Willing to spend 130ish.. :D

I've done research and made a thread in the request section but I still can't make u my mind.. And having no knowledge about sound doesn't help either heh..

It's a TPC, not sure why they're sitting on a clearance end cap. I posted this deal a couple weeks ago, I believe the last day of our TPC is this Saturday. Grab them while they're hot.

I think the one person that replied to my earlier thread said that they were still full price at his/her Target, so it's definitely YMMV.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Guys, should I get this or an x41 turtle beach? The x41 has 7.1 lol. What does that mean? Hell if I know haha. I want to buy my first headset and know nothing about sound. But I do want to buy one with a good quality. Willing to spend 130ish.. :D

I've done research and made a thread in the request section but I still can't make u my mind.. And having no knowledge about sound doesn't help either heh..[/QUOTE]

When headsets are stating they are "5.1 or 7.1" it not entirely true. They are creating a virtual sound that will mimic how 5.1 or 7.1 is perceived. Just regular stereo headsets will do just as well.

As for the AX 720 for gaming, $99 isn't a bad price. The Digital Audio Control Box is alone worth it. The headset is good, but not the best.

[quote name='j-cart']When headsets are stating they are "5.1 or 7.1" it not entirely true. They are creating a virtual sound that will mimic how 5.1 or 7.1 is perceived. Just regular stereo headsets will do just as well.
[/QUOTE]

True - if you believe all this is just marketing BS:
http://www.dolby.com/consumer/understand/enhancement/dolby-headphone-details.html

Personally I have a fair amount of respect for Dolby, but if your ears can't tell the difference, stick with your stereo set.

[quote name='j-cart']When headsets are stating they are "5.1 or 7.1" it not entirely true. They are creating a virtual sound that will mimic how 5.1 or 7.1 is perceived. Just regular stereo headsets will do just as well.

As for the AX 720 for gaming, $99 isn't a bad price. The Digital Audio Control Box is alone worth it. The headset is good, but not the best.[/QUOTE]

You're correct in that most headsets just mimic surround sound, but it is helpful (and much better than just stereo) especially in something like call of duty.

bread's done
Back