Target Weekly Ad: February 28-March 6, 2010 (Blu-ray)

blockbusterdude

CAGiversary!
Courtesy of D head at the blu-ray.com forums:

New Releases:
  • 2012 - $19.99
  • 2012 exclusive 3-disc - $22.99
  • Where The Wild Things Are - $19.99
  • Ponyo - $24.99
  • Alice - $19.99
$13 each:
  • Wolverine
  • Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs
  • National Treasure
  • Pirates Of The Carribean: At Worlds End
  • The Kingdom
  • & selected others

[quote name='shrike4242']Looks like if the Ponyo $10 off coupon pans out, we can get it for $14.99 AC.[/QUOTE]
That and the upgrade coupons for Pirates are sweet deals.

Hmmm, no manufacturer's coupon for 2012? Is it worth a blind buy, if you enjoy seeing end of the world type movies like this?

And what the heck is Alice?

[quote name='karkyco']Hmmm, no manufacturer's coupon for 2012? Is it worth a blind buy, if you enjoy seeing end of the world type movies like this?

And what the heck is Alice?[/QUOTE]Blu-Ray.com review for 2012:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/2012-Blu-ray-Review/8339/

In summary, very good PQ, reference-quality AQ.

I wouldn't blind buy it at retail price, though if there was a $10 coupon for it on release week, it would be worth a look.

Alice was a SyFy four-hour movie event, a reimaging of the Alice In Wonderland story:
http://www.syfy.com/alice/

Hopefully one of the "selected others" is Dead Man's Chest. That way I can complete my collection and using my $8 dvd-to-blu coupon, I'll get them both for about $10. That's kind of amazing.

[quote name='karkyco']Hmmm, no manufacturer's coupon for 2012? Is it worth a blind buy, if you enjoy seeing end of the world type movies like this?
[/QUOTE]

Maybe if you like ~15 scenes of vehicles outracing cracking/falling ground.

It may have been the worst movie of last year, yes even worse than Transformers 2.

[quote name='karkyco']Hmmm, no manufacturer's coupon for 2012? Is it worth a blind buy, if you enjoy seeing end of the world type movies like this?[/QUOTE]
Easily one of the most enjoyable movies of last year. Ignore, I plead you, ignore those people who say it's a bad movie because they were probably expecting something completely different than what the trailer shows. Hey, I don't mind if you like Citizen Kane, but this movie was never meant to be a Citizen Kane. But it is the Mother of all disaster movies. The disaster sequences are jaw droppingly amazing and are filled with so much detail that I'm in awe it wasn't nominated for best SFX for the Oscars. Seriously, if you want to have a good time, watch it. The performances aren't that bad either, one I can't say about in TF2.

[quote name='Masterkyo']now if BB have Ponyo for $20-ish[/QUOTE]

I looked at the best buy ad today ponyo will be $24.99

Just canceled my pre-order for Where the Wild Things Are because Amazon apparently doesn't ship new releases until a week after the release date. Glad to see it's $20 somwhere B&M.

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']Just canceled my pre-order for Where the Wild Things Are because Amazon apparently doesn't ship new releases until a week after the release date. Glad to see it's $20 somwhere B&M.[/QUOTE]
huh? i order new releases all the time and get them anywhere from day 1 till 2-3 days after

Great week for new releases. I'm looking to pick up Ponyo, Alice, Clash of the Titans, and Neverending Story (the latter two based on PQ/AQ reviews).

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']Just canceled my pre-order for Where the Wild Things Are because Amazon apparently doesn't ship new releases until a week after the release date. Glad to see it's $20 somwhere B&M.[/QUOTE]I don't know where you hear that from, though that's completely untrue.

I've preorders numerous items from Amazon and had them arrive on release day or sometimes the day before release. They ship items on release day, if you don't have Prime or it doesn't offer release-date delivery, and worst case, it's been 4-5 days after release day. Not to ship, to arrive.

[quote name='manthing']Maybe if you like ~15 scenes of vehicles outracing cracking/falling ground.

It may have been the worst movie of last year, yes even worse than Transformers 2.[/QUOTE]

inconceivable-1.jpg

[quote name='thelonepig']Great week for new releases. I'm looking to pick up Ponyo, Alice, Clash of the Titans, and Neverending Story (the latter two based on PQ/AQ reviews).[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm hoping Warner will give us a decent new transfer for Never Ending Story.

Hey, I know that blu-ray is the next big thing, but would it be possible for you guys who do these threads to put the DVD prices in there too? I'm just wondering, as it would be very helpful to me, and possibly many others. If it's too much trouble, that's cool!

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']Just canceled my pre-order for Where the Wild Things Are because Amazon apparently doesn't ship new releases until a week after the release date. Glad to see it's $20 somwhere B&M.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean that you don't receive them until a week later, or that Amazon doesn't ship them out until a week later? If it's the latter, I'd like to know where you live, 'cause I've never had any such issue and I order stuff from them every week.

I found 2012 entertaining, but I'm easily entertained, so take that how you will. At least I didn't find it annoying.

Definitely getting Ponyo, and Wolverine. I want to get 2012, and where the wild things are for sure. Man I got too much shit I want to buy. Here's hoping for coupons for a bunch of stuff.

Mako-me too, lets hope this transfer is better than the Dutch release out last year, which was a train wreck. I am a huge fan of this film, and hope they get it right this time:)

[quote name='paz9x']page doesnt exist[/QUOTE]It's not live yet. Check the last post in the coupon thread, where I said it's not live yet.

That, and it's listed as "Coming Soon", which means they're not live.

[quote name='paz9x']page doesnt exist[/QUOTE]

lol are you serious.
how isn't there a first page,
and when do they become live?

[quote name='Mako1215']lol are you serious.
how isn't there a first page,
and when do they become live?[/QUOTE]

i was referring to the linked page, I didnt notice the coming soon title.

[quote name='paz9x']i was referring to the linked page, I didnt notice the coming soon title.[/QUOTE]

oo Ook got you. Should be coming soon that it will be live.

Definitely picking up Wolverine for $13.. MIGHT grab 2012 .. it was an okay movie, but honestly, it'd be great just to show off my surround sound and TV. I may skip that and pick up Ice Age.

[quote name='karkyco']Hmmm, no manufacturer's coupon for 2012? Is it worth a blind buy, if you enjoy seeing end of the world type movies like this?[/QUOTE]

If you've seen the trailer you know exactly what the movie is. If you're into that then go for it. I thought it was awesome.

I don't know what you are talking about. I ordered the new JL movie on blu last month and got it 2 days after its release this week. That was just their normal free shipping.

[quote name='shrike4242']I don't know where you hear that from, though that's completely untrue.

I've preorders numerous items from Amazon and had them arrive on release day or sometimes the day before release. They ship items on release day, if you don't have Prime or it doesn't offer release-date delivery, and worst case, it's been 4-5 days after release day. Not to ship, to arrive.[/QUOTE]

I live in Wichita, KS. I believe most movies are actually shipped from Amazon's facility in Colwich, KS.

And I noticed the shipping date on this item was scheduled for March 8. It comes out March 2. I chatted with Amazon and they confirmed that it wouldn't be shipping until the shipping date on my order page so I canceled the order. Normally I'm impatient and just buy stuff I want on release date B&M; this was the first time I tried pre-ordering something from Amazon. I was under the impression that yeah, it'd ship before or on the release date and was disappointed when they said it wouldn't ship until a week after release.

Just a reminder that the Ponyo $10 off coupon is live, so you should print it out if you go to Target to pick it up starting on Tuesday.

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']I live in Wichita, KS. I believe most movies are actually shipped from Amazon's facility in Colwich, KS.

And I noticed the shipping date on this item was scheduled for March 8. It comes out March 2. I chatted with Amazon and they confirmed that it wouldn't be shipping until the shipping date on my order page so I canceled the order. Normally I'm impatient and just buy stuff I want on release date B&M; this was the first time I tried pre-ordering something from Amazon. I was under the impression that yeah, it'd ship before or on the release date and was disappointed when they said it wouldn't ship until a week after release.[/QUOTE]I wouldn't take this to be an indication of how their normal processes work. I'm surprised to hear that they wouldn't be shipping out until the 8th, as they're normally extremely tight on meeting release date for items.

[quote name='shrike4242']Just a reminder that the Ponyo $10 off coupon is live, so you should print it out if you go to Target to pick it up starting on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Where is the Ponyo coupon located?

Edit: Found it through google! Thanks for the heads up though!!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Where is the Ponyo coupon located?

Edit: Found it through google! Thanks for the heads up though!![/QUOTE]Next time, check the stickied thread in this forum. :whistle2:s

With the "Ponyo coupon live!" in the title.

$13 each:
Wolverine
Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs
National Treasure
Pirates Of The Carribean: At Worlds End
The Kingdom
& selected others

Is there any way to know what the "selected others" are without going to the store?

I have so many Upgrade2Blu coupons and since they expire, I wouldn't want to print them and not use them (if I were to assume that movies like the second National Treasure would be the same price)

bread's done
Back