Target will have the Wii on Jan 21..

Turns out my Target only had 13. I was 7. Perhaps the employee told me "15 or 16" not "50 or 60".

Does sound like more established locations got more. People didnt start lining up until about 6:30.

I'm so tired I could die right now, but I got one.

Thanks to everyone at CAG that helped with the info to snag one, I appreciate it.

I was going to head to CC and use the $40 off coupon but that was shot down thanks to all of the sites raping the "legit" coupon and getting it shut down. I wanted to go out this morning #1 because I had some errands to run before the Bears game and #2 just out of curiosity to see what the lines are like. We got about 4 inches of snow overnight so I was wondering how that would affect potential campers.

Last night I got an e-mail informing me that $30 in rewards certificates were ready for me to use. I also had about $100 in GC's. I decided I would try and snag a BB unit using the GC and reward zone credit then return my Target unit I bought a few weeks ago. I got to BB at 8:45AM and the parking lot was EMPTY. I was planning on going to BB then doing my errands afterwords but with nobody there I had time to get things done.

I ran across the street to Wally World, bought the groceries we needed, and headed back. I got back to BB at 9:20AM and there was one person waiting in their truck. I played EBA on the DS for about 20 minutes until two more cars pulled up and people started getting out. Walked up to the door and was 3rd in line.

By the time the doors were opened the line had grown to about 10. Went straight for the Wii section and grabbed a unit. They had gotten about 20 units and had 8 when I left.

Do BB employee's get paid bonuses for attach rates on consoles or something? They had two employees trying to cram Wii extras down customers' throats standing in the Wii isle "guarding" the systems... "What type of games do you like?" "Do you have an HDTV? You need component cables." "How bout a memory card?" (points to the storage & protection kit) "This is excellent. It protects your system and helps you organize it"

Oh and P.S. DO NOT post stories of failure in this thread... Gizmogc is lurking and just waiting to bash everyone that didn't get a launch unit like he did (since it was so easy and all ;) ).

[quote name='Chitown021']
Oh and P.S. DO NOT post stories of failure in this thread... Gizmogc is lurking and just waiting to bash everyone that didn't get a launch unit like he did (since it was so easy and all ;) ).[/QUOTE]

So who was too lazy and slept in? Thinking 'Hey, its not like anyone wants one of these...i'll just go at noon!'

With 1 Week + notice everyone who wanted one had a shot to get one. If it meant waiting 5 hours outside, then you should have. Lets see who didn't get one...

[quote name='lilboo']Next time you'll know to go earlier now![/QUOTE]

I think it was kind of unusual for most Targets to have that many people in line by 6:30 AM. If I wasn't in the bay area it wouldn't have been a problem. Hopefully stores don't hold onto stock anymore.

I got 2 Wiis today, again. Drove around a few places after a meeting we had at work (which we gave out 51 vouchers like an hour before we opened) and just waited at an EB Games for a little over an hour. My friends met up with me so I could get 2. I sold one a few minutes after I got to someone at EB Games for $350 and the other one I brought back home.

1 Wii - $104.39 profit (craigslist)
1 Wii - gf's mom (at cost - she gave me $300, but I'm going to give her $30 back)
1 Wii - $58.81 profit (ebay)
1 Wii - $79.39 profit (at EB Games)
1 Wii - unopened; debating what to do with it

Total profit: $242.59

[quote name='ZildjianKX']I think it was kind of unusual for most Targets to have that many people in line by 6:30 AM. If I wasn't in the bay area it wouldn't have been a problem. Hopefully stores don't hold onto stock anymore.[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with Target, it has to do with the Wii. If a store is going to have Wii in stock, people will be showing up. Each time a shipment comes out, it might get easier to get (due to the fact that lots of people will have them), but who knows when it'll be THAT easy to go get one. I mean.. DS Lites are somewhat hard to find..!!

If you DIDN'T get a Wii this time there's a great chance that someone will find out and post the info of the NEXT shipment in. Please do yourself the favor, clear yourself of things to do the day before..and just WAIT! If you waited 2+ months for it, what's 5-6 more hours?

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']I got 2 Wiis today, again. Drove around a few places after a meeting we had at work (which we gave out 51 vouchers like an hour before we opened) and just waited at an EB Games for a little over an hour. My friends met up with me so I could get 2. I sold one a few minutes after I got to someone at EB Games for $350 and the other one I brought back home.

1 Wii - $104.39 profit (craigslist)
1 Wii - gf's mom (at cost - she gave me $300, but I'm going to give her $30 back)
1 Wii - $58.81 profit (ebay)
1 Wii - $79.39 profit (at EB Games)
1 Wii - unopened; debating what to do with it

Total profit: $242.59[/QUOTE]

Why dont you KEEP it

yea.... just KEEP it. ppl having so much trouble getting it and u are selling it for profit. at least keep one for urself. u almost reached $250. its like a free wii right there. i suggest u to keep it.

[quote name='lilboo']If you waited 2+ months for it, what's 5-6 more hours?[/QUOTE]

I think it's more logical to day that if you've waited 2 plus months for it what's another month or two until it's more readily available without waiting in the cold.

Aside from Zelda, there's not killer games that just scream "play me right now!" anyway, and my system has gathered a good bit of dust since then.

So aside from people that like the pick up and play party games, I really see no reason to wait in line for more than an hour this far into the game. They should be on store shelves fairly often in another month to six weeks.

[quote name='dmaul1114']
Aside from Zelda, there's not killer games that just scream "play me right now!" anyway, and my system has gathered a good bit of dust since then.
[/QUOTE]

You got me there to be honest!

I'm not really all that excited until Mario Party 8...which is in March (*HOPEFULLY*)

Although, I do gotta say I rented DBZ for the Wii..and I'm actually enjoying it! But yeah, Mario Party 8 is going to be my nex favorite ^_^

...now I just wish I had some game to look foward to, instead of a mini-game game. But whatever, I love Mario Party :D

So did most people run into long lines or campers this past weekend. I thought it was odd even considering the weather that I got to BB so late and there was nobody waiting.

[quote name='dmaul1114']

[/quote]

Huh...maybe it's just because I don't have a DS and haven't played it, but...I'm loving Trauma Center. Also enjoying Elebits, A LOT. And Wario Ware (though you say you're not really into the "party games" and Wario really shines in mulitplayer, so....)

So far:

LAUNCH DAY
-owned by a Wally World on launch day that said absolutely NO camping until 10pm. Showed up at 9:15pm only to find the policy had magically changed and there were now 30 people already in line for the systems. Store only had 24.
-by that time headed straight to BestBuy who had already handed out their allotted tickets
-headed to Target - 75 people already in line, waited anyway, roughly 35 systems

MID-DECEMBER
-waited from 11pm until store opening at a Target who said "at least" 25 systems. Was #14, store only had 13 systems, plus they let one family buy 3 of the systems despite a "one per household" policy...that lead to a fist fight (and rightly so, even those of us that weren't going to get systems anyway were pissed that the store would let them do that)

Side note: while I didn't get a Wii that night I DID end up with pneumonia, which I had for Christmas AND New Year's...so a big fuck YOU to Target on that one, they told us throughout the night that they WOULD have 25 systems when they had to know otherwise.

EARLY JAN
-didn't even go, not worth more pneumonia and was still pissed from the last two experiences

YESTERDAY
-had it all planned to head out to BestBuy around 4am. Decided to pull and all-nighter with a friend. Halfway through was eating popcorn and literally shattered a tooth. Worst pain of my life - PERIOD. Ended up throwing up from the pain, eventually it got so bad I blacked out and decided f-this and went to the ER. Didn't get done until 9am, went to BestBuy. There were only about 10 people in line at most, got all excited because there was a minimum of 20 per store. No employees around no tickets handed out, figured it might get chaotic, but hey, I was well under the 20 unit limit. Night didn't seem like such a waste after all. 9:55 rolls around, guy in blue comes out, we all perk up to hear how this is going to work. He says nothing to us, puts a sign on the door, walks back in. Read the sign: "We are out of stock on all Wii systems. Tickets were handed out at 8am. Customers who received a ticket will be able to pick their Wii up until 1pm on 1/21/07. Any remaining units will be available at that time on a first-come, first-served basis."

I was LIVID. First off, why the hell wait until the store opens to put the sign up. Surely there was someone handing out the tickets, could they not have put the sign up when they, oh, say, RAN OUT OF TICKETS?! So everyone humored them, and the guy in the front asked about how any "leftovers" would be handled if since we were already there we could get a second batch of tickets and they could start calling numbers at 1pm...cause, you know, that would be logical. Nope. Think again. Guy says "First come first served means that. If you want to wait you can wait until one but we will not have any lines forming in the store so you'll have to wait outside." Current temperature: 18 degrees. fuck that.

On a side note, I see everyone jumping to blame Nintendo. Honestly, I think that's slightly misplaced. I think Nintendo is doing all they can do with production and as someone else said, they just need to let supply catch up. They can't over produce because demand isn't going to be this high indefinitely. Once the people have them that REALLY want them, demand will drop rapidly.

I think the blame lies with the retailers with half-assed launch and re-launch policies. I would gladly pre-order a system from a major retailer like Best Buy or Circuit City, but you can't. I REFUSE to do any sort of business with EB/GS because of what happened with my DS pre-order. As for TRU, they still owe me $50 from a botched transaction that they have yet to credit me for...so unless they're giving me $50 off a Wii, I won't be preordering from them either.

I got to my Circuit City at 6:30 AM and waited until 9:30 when they handed out vouchers.

They had 22 (I was #5 in line), and there weren't 22 people there till 9, so in hidnsight I didn't have to wait that long. But at this point, I didn't care. I did what I had to do and got one.

[quote name='pilferk']Huh...maybe it's just because I don't have a DS and haven't played it, but...I'm loving Trauma Center. Also enjoying Elebits, A LOT. And Wario Ware (though you say you're not really into the "party games" and Wario really shines in mulitplayer, so....)[/QUOTE]

I hated the DS trauma center. Elebits looked pretty lame to me, but I haven't tried it.

Warioware I'm sure I'd like as I loved the portable ones, but the game is way to short to pay $50 for (I play multiplayer VERY infrequently).

In general, I'm just a fan of more "substantive" games, stuff like Zelda, Mario, Metroid. Namely, platformers, action games, and adventure/rpg games that have solid, lengthy single player modes.

I don't mind something quirky like a WarioWare or Elebits every once in a while, but there's no way in hell I pay more than $20 for those types of games in general.

The Targets in Diamond Bar and Chino Hills, CA didn't get their shipments in the night before, but they were stupid enough not to post a sign saying they didn't get their shipment in. People arrived at 5:30 am only to wait an hour just to have the managers tell them the bad news. From what I was told, the managers are lucky to be alive.

The good news is I only had to wait in line for 2 hours at BB. :D

[quote name='the_great_sasuke']The Targets in Diamond Bar and Chino Hills, CA didn't get their shipments in the night before, but they were stupid enough not to post a sign saying they didn't get their shipment in. People arrived at 5:30 am only to wait an hour just to have the managers tell them the bad news. From what I was told, the managers are lucky to be alive.

The good news is I only had to wait in line for 2 hours at BB. :D[/quote]

You'd think they could've handed out vouchers to those who waited so they could purchase them when the shipment arrived. I've read stories of other stores like CC doing that.

Wow it looks like a bunch of those Wii's from yesterday ended up on ebay. when I did a search on Saturday night there were around 550 units for sale... now there's over 1500!

Although the price has declined (average looks to be down from $350 per to about $325 per...).

While I was waiting in line at GameStop, I heard there were a couple of Targets in my area (CA, 626/323) that only had 1 Wii. ONE!

Got to Target an hour before opening but I was pretty sure I'd be SOL on that front since the Wii wasn't featured in our circular and neither itracker nor the in-store inventory showed them in stock. Sure enough they didn't get any so I went across the street and waited in line at Best Buy for an hour until they gave out tickets, I was #5 out of 25 and managed to snag the last remote for $35 after GGC. I wasn't too happy about paying retail at Best Buy since it was actually my third choice after the $40 Circuit City coupon or 10% Target Card discount but I figure I deserve it for being foolish enough to think I'd be able to walk in and get one after launch.

bread's done
Back