Target's $15 games this week - NOT just the ones advertised

karkyco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
I went in to Target yesterday, and while perusing the video game section, I noticed they had $15 sale tags on games that were NOT in the ad (Star Wars Battlefront 2 for PS2 AND XBox, and GTA Vice City Stories PS2), but related to some of the other titles.

At first I thought that the store had just printed up incorrect labels, but nope, Star Wars Battlefront 2 on XBox rang up at $15. Unforunately, they were already all out of GTA Vice City Stories on PS2, but they had a tag for it marked at $15 as well. I was hoping Lego Star Wars 2 - Original Trilogy was also $15, but it wasn't marked as such. Didn't try to ring it up, though. There may have been others besides the list below that was advertised, priced at $15.

Games definitely $15:
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (XBox or PS2)
GTA Vice City Stories (PS2)

$15 Games that were advertised:
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)
Call Of Duty 2: Big Red One(PS2/Xbox/GC)
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2)
Smackdown VS. RAW 2006 (PS2/PSP)
Paper Mario: The 1,000 Year Door(GC)
Star Wars: Battlefront(PS2/Xbox/PSP)
Fight Night: Round 3 (PS2/Xbox)
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS2/Xbox/GC)
HALO: Combat Evolved - GOTY (Xbox)
LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game (PS2/Xbox/GC)

[quote name='anarchyburger']so does that mean the $15 sale goes for all or most games originally priced $19.99??[/quote]

Not all. But if you check the discount sections where most of the clearance/greatest hits games are kept, there were "On sale for $15" tags for games that were not included in the ad. Particularly, GTA Vice City Stories for PS2 (there was a sale tag with this name, NOT GTA Liberty City Stories on it) - all gone, and Battlefront 2 for XBox and PS2 (only Battlefront 1 is in the ad for $15).

There could be others.

[quote name='ihadFG']He's saying that there were some unadvertised $15 games as well.[/quote]

Oh ok. Conitnue on.

[quote name='Blade70']Oh ok. Conitnue on.[/quote]

Yeah, sorry if it sounds confusing. I'm saying that either my store mistakenly priced Star Wars Battlefront 2 and GTA Vice City Stories at $15 (thinking that these were also on sale or thinking they were the same as Battlefront 1 and GTA Liberty City Stories) OR these games are also on sale for $15, even though they are NOT in the ad (and better/newer than pretty much everything else in the ad. But I bought Battlefront 2 and it rang up at $15 and had a sale tag stating as much.

And there were others as well on sale for $15, that were not in the ad. But nothing that jumped out at me. Not every $19.99 game was marked, but a LOT more than the ones in the ad are tagged at $15.

This was the Target in mid city LA on La Brea.

Yeah, I work at Target and we have lots of PS2/PSP games on Temporary Price cut, which means they aren't advertised. I don't remember which ones exactly, but I know there are quite a few that are.

I just wish I could have gotten Vice City Stories (already have it on PSP though from another super low sale) on PS2 to complete the collection.

I don't understand how it could have been all sold out in 3 hours, when they had everything else advertised and not in stock.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']I'm curious if Fable: The Lost Chapters for Xbox is now $14.99 as well? If anyone knows, tell me! :cool:[/quote]

Wait, you still don't own it yet? Where have you been for the last three years? ;)

Target does have more games priced than advertised at $15. GTA: Vice City Stories is not marked at $15. You could have mistaken the label with Liberty City Stories, I know I did. SoC was $15. I picked up StarWars BattleFront 2.

I never tried to get anyone to scan it, but they had the $15 sale sign in front of the 360 version of Fight Night Round 3 at the local Target. If you see the same, it might be worth at try to get it for half off.

[quote name='D_Icon']Target does have more games priced than advertised at $15. GTA: Vice City Stories is not marked at $15. You could have mistaken the label with Liberty City Stories, I know I did. SoC was $15. I picked up StarWars BattleFront 2.[/quote]

No, I'm CERTAIN the sale tag was for GTA: Vice City Stories for PS2, because I triple checked it, and it was totally separate from the sale tag for LCS (which they had tons of copies of, both Greatest Hits and non-GH). Unfortunately, there were no copies of Vice City Stories to be had to absolutely verify, or I would have purchased it.

I tore through the entire cheap/discount/clearance section trying to find a copy, but it looks like I was too late and others had taken advantage.

I don't know what Target's policy is but last week when they had the $24 dollar NDS sale I wanted a copy of Mario Kart DS and they were all out. They asked if I wanted a rain check so they gave me a rain check and it is good until May 10.

I don't know if this is common knowledge or if this would work for you but it might be a way to get the sale price when they have more copies of Vice City Stories in.

[quote name='iostream1110']I don't know what Target's policy is but last week when they had the $24 dollar NDS sale I wanted a copy of Mario Kart DS and they were all out. They asked if I wanted a rain check so they gave me a rain check and it is good until May 10.

I don't know if this is common knowledge or if this would work for you but it might be a way to get the sale price when they have more copies of Vice City Stories in.[/quote]

rain checks only work on things advertised in our ad, unless it says in the ad or on the sale sing "limited quanitity no rain checks" for TPC's they dont.

bread's done
Back