Tartan Extreme Horror at WalMart YMMV

jovherye

CAGiversary!
Just got back from my Walmart here in Murrieta, CA and they had a bunch of the Tartan DVDs for $8.88.

I saw the following:
Face
Pray
Koma
R-point (picked this up!)
Acacia
The Booth
Cello (picked this up on Amazon last week for $20! :( )
The Heirloom
Memento Mori
Doppleganger
Phone
Whispering Corridors
Unborn but Forgotten

Just wondering if this is happening anywhere else.

Ive only seen 1 or 2 at my store and they werent $8.88.of course one of them is fairly new. Lady Vengence.

Couldnt remmebr if they had another Tartan dvd or not. Wish they had those $8.88 ones at my store. I could always use more Foreign movies.

They ran a Tartan display a few weeks ago, but like most Wal Mart displays, it got broken up and shipped back a week after it was put up.

I totally was not expecting to find these. They were in a display almost hidden in the electronics section. Right by the children's DVDs. I found it because my son was looking at the kid's DVDs. It was as big as the DVD displays you see when you come into the stores.
By the way, anyone know if they are any good? The one's I got weren't bad.

They are doing it at my WalMart here in fayetteville, nc as well. THere are a lot of different titles, all 8.88. Any suggestions on ones to pick up?

P.S. The only Asian film I currently own is Oldboy.

I have been wanting to pick up Cello. I've ahd heirloom butu haven't watched it yet. I really hope they have this at my local store.

They specialize in Asian movies. Look them up on Amazon. And Cello was actually pretty good. Great music, but not Grudge scary.

Cool, I went to my Walmart 2 days ago, didn't have that much variety (if you think having two Tartan titles is alot...), but I might check again when the time permits.

The only Tartan DVD at my local Wal-Mart is The Maid. I wish we had R-Point or Premenition... I need to get to another Wal-Mart and see if this deal is going on there...

I'm a huge asian film buff, especially south korea, so I'll highly endourse sympathy for Lady Vengeance or just known as Lady Vengeance state side, it's the same guy who did oldboy. Also, Phone is REALLY good

I haven't checked recently but I saw A Tale of Two Sisters, for 8.88 and I would highly recommend it, also try to find

Premonition and Infection, two of those are going to be americraped on with remakes so try to watch them before they leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Infection and Premonition arent Tartan releases, but are both pretty great Asian Horror flicks. More so Infection imo.

I also dont think Lady Vengence is part ofthe $8.88 releases, seeing as how I picked it up about a month ago new for $17ish.

As forA Tale of Two Sisters, also not a bad Asaian Horror flick, but I honestly like Infection moe, and its on par with Premonition.

bread's done
Back