TBS Lord of the Rings Commercials

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']I thought TBS's new gimmick was that they're the comedy network...and so they show Lord of The Rings?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. They have turned LOTR into a comedy.

[quote name='ananag112']Exactly. They have turned LOTR into a comedy.[/QUOTE]
A romantic comedy, at that. When I first saw those commercials, I was like "Hey, I like LOTR..." and then I realized they were hilarious anyway.

[quote name='botticus']A romantic comedy, at that. When I first saw those commercials, I was like "Hey, I like LOTR..." and then I realized they were hilarious anyway.[/QUOTE]
No no no...you realize that they're funny BEFORE you think of sacrilege.

Of course, I haven't read the books, but the fact remains that it's simply brilliant advertising.

It's not bad, but after seeing all of those other parodies (like the Harry Potter one, all of the other Brokeback Mountain spinoffs...etc) the novelty just wasn't there for me.

Yeah, the look on Gandalf made it work. I like how they put up three movies though so half the people that see it probably think they're actually showing all three, but it's just the two towers twice, fuckers.

I snickered at the commercials, also. My wife was like "Wait, those 2 are gay in the movie?!"

When TBS was showing "Gladiator" a few months ago, they had a couple of cool commercials for that one, too.

[quote name='TheTrueSephiroth']I can't wait until they show Schindler's List on TBS. "LA LA LA, Killing Jews!!! Very Funny!!! LA La La!!!"[/quote]
oh man... :nottalking:

bread's done
Back