Team Fortress 2 Discussion Thread

Bluts users only really gain just the benefit of being able to Crit since the negative aspect interacts with Medic regen, causing it to act like the regen rate of before the update. That's all, really. Medics with Syringe Gun get a better regen rate and can crit.

Only difference is that Bluts will heal if you actually shoot and hit anyone.

But either way, if you're getting owned by a Medic, you're clearly failing hard...unless it's by surprise Ubersaw.

app_pending_02.jpg

http://www.teamfortress.com

But the registration return form states that the idea is under evaluation.

Some servers operators like to falsify the number of connected players. If that happens, I just make a note to ignore that server and never return.

[quote name='Brak']But the registration return form states that the idea is under evaluation.[/QUOTE]
It means they're just seeing what everyone thinks about it, really.

[quote name='Tsukento']It means they're just seeing what everyone thinks about it, really.[/QUOTE]
Ah. Yes. Hence, "under evaluation".

I was playing daily, but then I've been busy the last couple weeks. Doesn't matter, cuz all the regs I play with are playing Borderlands anyway. I'm bummed I missed out on the Steam deal.

[quote name='crystalklear64']You could have gotten a free hat too like the soldier medal, but of course they were all gone before anyone could actually get one.[/QUOTE]Lies!

(I just got one.)

Okay, now that we've weeded out all the quitters, here's how to get a Gibus of your very own. You know those smug hat-wearing so-and-so's who didn't tell you where to get a hat the first time around? Go dominate one of them while they're flaunting the Gibus and we'll give you one of your own! It's the exact same hat--but better, because unlike them, you will have earned it!
Source - http://www.teamfortress.com/pumpkinpatch/gibus/

Looks like Borderlands goes on hold for a bit while I go hat-huntin...or until I find someone with a hat that will let me dominate them, willingly.

You need to dominate someone who has the hat equipped, and then you need to collect 20 pumpkins from the event map. There are a few more achievements but they don't seem to give you anything.

I got the 5 event achievements without much issue. The hardest one was the domination one but I got lucky as Pyro.

[quote name='Owen']So what is need to get both, I know you need to dominate a Heavy ( at least going by that picture), what about the other?[/QUOTE]

No.

To get the busted up tophat, you need to dominate somebody who already has it and is wearing it.
To get the bag, you need to collect 20 pieces of candy from dead players.

You can only get those two while playing on the new event map.

I want to get those hats, the only hat I have is the Cheater's Lambent. I'll be playing a lot of TF2 this weekend, but then there's that Champions Online free weekend to...

I got the achievement for the Gibus and it didn't give me the hat >:[

I did however get the paper bag...that one is pretty cool. The other 2 achievements I need, I probably wont' get...there's the kill a spy disguised as your class, and kill 5 enemies with pumpkins...I only got one so far.

It's easiest to find a small server and ask someone to go spy and let you kill them disguised as your class. That's how I got it.

To bad the paper bag goes away after Halloween. :(

They should keep the bag usable on that new map at least after Halloween. The ghost scare then taunting to do the Thriller dance is pretty funny. I wonder how long before we see someone do a TF2 Thriller video on Youtube.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I got the achievement for the Gibus and it didn't give me the hat >:[[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? I didn't have any problems, I heard some people saying that the unlock for the hat didn't trigger right away and that they had to exit the game and restart it for the item to appear. It's worth a shot.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The paper bag is temporary? Damn it![/QUOTE]

Probably. It says "Halloween only" in the description, although what that actually means is anyone's guess until Valve updates again.

Well it made me dust off the old TF2 and come out and play a few rounds with my high ass ping. I hate my internet. They should at least keep it up for a week.

Just bought this yesterday for $2.50, and I am in love. I get about 25-30 FPS just walking around, low/medium settings on 1280x768, and it drops to about 15ish during huge firefights in a 30 man server, but it's playable. I'm probably going to buy a new video card soon just to play this. Anyone have experience with a 9500GT? I have a pentium 4 2.8GHz with 1.5GB of ram...not looking to play anything more intensive than TF2...

[quote name='ammowasted']Just bought this yesterday for $2.50, and I am in love. I get about 25-30 FPS just walking around, low/medium settings on 1280x768, and it drops to about 15ish during huge firefights in a 30 man server, but it's playable. I'm probably going to buy a new video card soon just to play this. Anyone have experience with a 9500GT? I have a pentium 4 2.8GHz with 1.5GB of ram...not looking to play anything more intensive than TF2...[/QUOTE]

If you're having performance problems, try playing on 24-person servers. Valve once said something about how performance falls off a ledge once you get more than 24 people playing (i.e. the game wasn't designed for more than that).

On TF's website it said it would go back on sale to $2.50 for one last time until 1 PM PDT...

It's 12:44 PM PDT. Where is the discount on steam?

[quote name='SativaSamurai']On TF's website it said it would go back on sale to $2.50 for one last time until 1 PM PDT...

It's 12:44 PM PDT. Where is the discount on steam?[/QUOTE]

Look at the date of the blog post you're referring to.

I could not get into this game when it came out. I still play TFC though. Could not put my finger on it but the game just could not keep my interest.

bread's done
Back